OE Tuning/Gintani C63 vs MBH/ASCG C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by JHDavis
Maybe you should post all the changes to your car including the additional weight reduction, wheel and tire combos, etc between track visits?

Also were you running a race gas tune with OE or just race gas?

Thx
The only light weight I had that day was the rear wheels no skinnies no batt no seat removed (seat got take out in the end of the day and the lightweight batt got put in for 1 pass)

You rite NOW I do have more mods but they still not installed
Evo rotors lightweigt wheels Cf hood and trunk plus some more

And for u info I always run race gas at the track since day 1 my headers went on to now so that was the same. And the tune was tuned for 93.
Now I have a race gas tune that I used once and that was this year and it ran 11.3's all day.

Last edited by mthis; 07-20-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Has there been drama? I haven't been on the net in a few mos so if there was I missed it. Seems kind of dead?

thx
Its always dead. Yeah LZH drama, thats about it. All having to do with the Weistec SC and track data or the lack of it.

Hope all is well with you, its been a while.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
The only light weight I had that day was the rear wheels no skinnies no batt no seat removed (seat got take out in the end of the day and the lightweight batt got put in for 1 pass)

And for u info I always run race gas at the track since day 1 my headers went on to now so that was the same.
So both runs were with the same weight? The only big difference was DA?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65
Originally Posted by propain
Its always dead. Yeah LZH drama, thats about it. All having to do with the Weistec SC and track data or the lack of it.

Hope all is well with you, its been a while.
I'll have to do some catching up.

Nothing new with carts car? I should probably read before asking...

What's new with you?

Uber busy that's about it, that and this heat/humidity can go back to the tropics or wherever it's supposed to be, turbo cars suck in the summer.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Banned

SL65

And for u info I always run race gas at the track since day 1 my headers went on to now so that was the same.
I'm confused, what days? Sorry just not following. Did your best passes come with the seat removed and light weight batt in place?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
LOL.. Screw BB. Sick of the drama over there.

I would like to see this matchup though...
You to lol. I refuse to log in while that Douche is a member there.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I'll have to do some catching up.

Nothing new with carts car? I should probably read before asking...

What's new with you?

Uber busy that's about it, that and this heat/humidity can go back to the tropics or wherever it's supposed to be, turbo cars suck in the summer.

Yeah, just read up on it. Nothing new since his "Belt" problems. The dyno numbers look sick though. There is also an aleged 60-130 in 6 seconds flat. I just want some track data as do many others. We get flamed every time we ask for it and the drama ensues.

Yeah, this heat is just no fun for cars. Turbo's suck in the winter too!! 1 pass every 30 mins on that SL!
Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
I'm confused, what days? Sorry just not following. Did your best passes come with the seat removed and light weight batt in place?
Sry I'll clear it up.
My best pass came with no batt and no seat removed.
The only thing I had dift from Atco run in Dec to MIR run that day was The tune and rear drag wheels.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I made a post there saying "Im with Mthis, I wont come back until he is banned" Sticky moderated my post in his Democratic society where the people control the content.. unless he doesnt like it.. lol.. Sticky is friends with that douche so hes not going anywhere.

I wasnt going to post again but then this video came up.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Banned

SL65
Yeah, just read up on it. Nothing new since his "Belt" problems. The dyno numbers look sick though. There is also an aleged 60-130 in 6 seconds flat. I just want some track data as do many others. We get flamed every time we ask for it and the drama ensues.

Yeah, this heat is just no fun for cars. Turbo's suck in the winter too!! 1 pass every 30 mins on that SL!
The 60-130 numbers are a new development but without a vbox readout I'm not sure I'd take them to heart. Thanks for the update, seems I didn't miss much on that.

Hey now we're working on getting the SL cooled down for fall racing. Not even worth starting up today (98 degrees here WTF???).
Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

SL65
Sry I'll clear it up.
The only thing I had dift from Atco run in Dec to MIR run that day was The tune and rear drag wheels.
Thanks! Last question, both tunes were 93 octane?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Who are you talking about?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
The 60-130 numbers are a new development but without a vbox readout I'm not sure I'd take them to heart. Thanks for the update, seems I didn't miss much on that.

Hey now we're working on getting the SL cooled down for fall racing. Not even worth starting up today (98 degrees here WTF???).
Yeah, that was LZH drama. I asked him for the chart and he said "Ohhh, someone called me on the phone and told me" LOL.

The SC seems to make a lot of power. The Dyno chart they posted looks good except it doesnt show the correction so 600WHP might be more like 580 SAE if it was uncorrected.

I cant wait for the fall. Good times, I hope to see you around.

Sin were talking about LZH. He used to post on here. He was on probation about 3 times and got banned.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Sincity
Who are you talking about?
Some rich guy that's a computer gangsta.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Thanks! Last question, both tunes were 93 octane?
Yes. The only runs I have with race gas tune was when we went to Atco THIS year.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, that was LZH drama.
Sin were talking about LZH. He used to post on here. He was on probation about 3 times and got banned.
Got it Mthis and Propain.

I didn't get a chance to talk to him (LZH) when Jim rented the track @ Fontana but did get a chance to meet Jim. I have messaged Jim back and forth over the past two years and back then, he didn't strike me as a jerk when you are one-on-one with him. In person, he's actually pretty cool.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Banned

SL65
Sry I'll clear it up.
Ok but you went from 18" wheels and DRs to lightweight 17s and DRs which is good for some ET and MPH alone. Correct?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Banned

SL65
MHP posted OE's PM on BB.com, no getting out of it now.

Question: Why lie about something like this? Sooo stupid.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Ok but you went from 18" wheels and DRs to lightweight 17s and DRs which is good for some ET and MPH alone. Correct?
Trap's would go down with the smaller rim but his ET's should have improved.

He was about 1 10th faster with the MHP tune but had amazing DA. Factor in the rims and its probably good for 1/2 a 10th. The DA however is good for 2 10th's.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned

SL65
Trap's would go down with the smaller rim but his ET's should have improved.

He was about 1 10th faster with the MHP tune but had amazing DA. Factor in the rims and its probably good for 1/2 a 10th. The DA however is good for 2 10th's.

The shorter tire will help both 60' (ET) and MPH as it's adding torque multiplication throughout the entire powerband. Going from 18s to 17s helps with a better launch (more sidewall) and again due to tire height, plus weight reduction. Combined the switch is good for a few tenths and MPH alone.

Last edited by JHDavis; 07-20-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
The shorter tire will help both 60' (ET) and MPH as it's adding torque multiplication throughout the entire powerband. Going from 18s to 17s helps with a better launch (more sidewall) and again due to tire height, plus weight reduction. Combined the switch is good for a few tenths and MPH alone.
In my experience the smaller the rim the lower the trap speed. The tire height though changes things. More sidewall, more flex, better launch. The weight of course is a big factor as well.

Ill have to test his setup in the fall and see if I can shave 2 10th's off my tune only time.

My guess is both tune on his car in equal DA would be damn close. I would have to compare both setups though as far as rim size and weight and the type of DR he used.

Either way it sounds like a fun day at the track.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Originally Posted by xtyper
there was some question as to whether I had filled up with some bad gas or been dealer reflashed shortly before these runs, which is what prompted them in the first place. We figured that since our cars had put down similar numbers on his dyno, that that would be the true test of whether my car was really down on power.
As stated by the owner of the other car (Xtyper) The reason they did the head to head race was to see if something was wrong with xtyper's car. Its clear as day something was. As he states ACG found that the ECU had been updated by the dealer. So after the races, with the soul reason to see if something was wrong. The video gets spun into a "Vs" race. Showing one car, that clearly looks to have at least 50 more horsepower over the other. Does anyone else see this?

The video title suggests the cars have the same type mods. When really that's not the case.

I am extremely confident Jame and his team will get Xtyper back in tip top shape. That is for sure the most important thing.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
As stated by the owner of the other car (Xtyper) The reason they did the head to head race was to see if something was wrong with xtyper's car. Its clear as day something was. As he states ACG found that the ECU had been updated by the dealer. So after the races, with the soul reason to see if something was wrong. The video gets spun into a "Vs" race. Showing one car, that clearly looks to have at least 50 more horsepower over the other. Does anyone else see this?

The video title suggests the cars have the same type mods. When really that's not the case.

I am extremely confident Jame and his team will get Xtyper back in tip top shape. That is for sure the most important thing.
I don't know about clear as day, but I wouldn't mind Jeremy giving it another go after he sorts out his issues.

The reflash or partial reflash seems like BS to me. If he was flashed back to stock he would have thrown a CEL and with headers and no cats the car would have run like very noticeable crap.

A partial reflash as suggested seems like a load of crap to me also. Id like to see more examples of this because I don't see how its possible. I'm no tuner but isn't it a file? Not many files. To suggest they went into the file and picked the elements they wanted to update rather than just flash it with the updates and the elements that were unchanged all at once seems counter intuitive to me. But im not a tuner, id really like to hear how this is possible.

He either got a bad tune or he had some bad gas or the OE tune beat his setup.

Eric is a good guy and I hope he gets it sorted out. When he thinks the car is ready as I said before I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch either.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Got it all sorted today and have a fresh tune from James. Car runs like a champ again (at least it "feels" better). Much thanks to him and Weistec who graciously loaned us the flashing equipment to do it at their facility. Great group of guys and amazing work being done with those superchargers.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to do another set of dynos, but it seems like most people here don't care about those anyway and want runs instead. I asked Jeremy to do a few more runs with me but for now he is declining until I get more considerable mods.

Guess it's time to invest in a vbox.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by xtyper
Got it all sorted today and have a fresh tune from James. Car runs like a champ again (at least it "feels" better). Much thanks to him and Weistec who graciously loaned us the flashing equipment to do it at their facility. Great group of guys and amazing work being done with those superchargers.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to do another set of dynos, but it seems like most people here don't care about those anyway and want runs instead. I asked Jeremy to do a few more runs with me but for now he is declining until I get more considerable mods.

Guess it's time to invest in a vbox.
Glad you got it sorted out Eric! Does it feel better to you now? Stronger?

Never mind the Vbox. Bring it to the track in the fall and show us what its capable of.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning/Gintani C63 vs MBH/ASCG C63