Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
+1

Originally Posted by jspAMG
I can't speak for ACG. I won't even try. I do know that James has been extremely busy the past week. There is a lot of speculation filling up a vacuum on this board about many things.

James' explanations. jrcart's Weistec (which I have a good amount of info on but its none of my business and not what anyone thinks). There are lots of things that are being gossiped about that none of us really have all the facts for.

In the absence of more information I think it would be appropriate to resist the urge to fill in the blanks on our own.

I feel bad that there weren't before and after dyno runs on this car before this latest round of flashing. We might have all learned something. Right now, we've learned to gossip, pick sides and generally just fill up space with no real chance of finding what's real and what's not.

The one thing that is still possible to do is for xtyper to go to his dealer and ask the mechanic in person, what did you do to my car? The guy might not even remember at this point.

This is why I always have this talk with the dealership right up front. Don't touch the programming without talking to me first.

Jim
Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
PS: To my knowledge, James does data logging and deals with outside programmers who supply him with code that he installs. He's more technically involved than say in the BMW world you would be calling Turner and getting a Conforti (generic) in a Shark Injector. But it is not James sitting around and messing with 1's and 0's. Perhaps this isn't general knowledge on this board??? This being what I see as truth in my mind opens the possibility that James is either relaying what his programmer told him or mis-interpreting it.

See how rampant speculation can come up with a whole new conclusion?

And mine is just as likely to be a load of crap as anyone else's.

Jim
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Agreed. Speculation and people with dogs in the fight. There is always an agenda.

One thing for sure we will never really know what happened. Hopefully the customers car is working well for him, that is the most important thing.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
PS: To my knowledge, James does data logging and deals with outside programmers who supply him with code that he installs. He's more technically involved than say in the BMW world you would be calling Turner and getting a Conforti (generic) in a Shark Injector. But it is not James sitting around and messing with 1's and 0's. Perhaps this isn't general knowledge on this board??? This being what I see as truth in my mind opens the possibility that James is either relaying what his programmer told him or mis-interpreting it.

See how rampant speculation can come up with a whole new conclusion?

And mine is just as likely to be a load of crap as anyone else's.

Jim
Please don't post my last name in this thread
Old 07-22-2011, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
At the end of the day it was a stupid street race. And that's that anyone could won or lose...
Old 07-22-2011, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
Please don't post my last name in this thread
Isnt Conforti a performance chip?
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by propain
Isnt Conforti a performance chip?
It is.

I didn't know Mike was doing his own tuning.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:53 PM

05 C55
You know, the number of vendors that come in and want to get in the middle of an issue between a customer and another vendor is disturbing. Informational posts on how a process works is one thing. Calling out other vendors to explain themselves is over the line in my opinion.
Search function or Google will explain much, if you have missed it.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by mkonei
Search function or Google will explain much, if you have missed it.
I really don't much care what has happened in the past. Its not MY baggage. But I do point out things that I see in my role as Joe Consumer that turn me off and maybe it does others as well. If vendors get feedback to this, maybe they can slightly change the way they interact with each other to seem less desperate for recognition, profit or whatever if is that motivates them, they will find that people will do business with them as well as others and not develop favorites.

Personally, in this particular thread I saw that OE seemed to be able to produce some results other than just outrunning a possibly mistuned car. So while standing in ACGs work area I talked with Jeremy at length to see if he could resolve the slow downshifting response of my wife's C300. I may be a customer of ACGs, but I will look for results wherever I can find the best ones. Unless someone turns me off going at someone just a little more than seems appropriate. It just turns me off.

But what came before I got on this forum is not my concern.

Jim
Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Without getting into all the details of partially overitten software I will say this. From the video, Jeremy's car pulled like it had extra 50hp. There is a high chance that xtyper's car was low on power because he has taken it to the dealer before the race. Personally, a noble thing would be to accept a rematch.

The situation really speaks for itself whether you want to speculate or get into details. Whether a tune is stronger or weaker, the same car with similar mods would not pull this hard. Period.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Peter@ACGSD
Without getting into all the details of partially overitten software I will say this. From the video, Jeremy's car pulled like it had extra 50hp. There is a high chance that xtyper's car was low on power because he has taken it to the dealer before the race. Personally, a noble thing would be to accept a rematch.

The situation really speaks for itself whether you want to speculate or get into details. Whether a tune is stronger or weaker, the same car with similar mods would not pull this hard. Period.
Peter, with all due respect, In my short time with my C63 Ive seen different tunes do very different things. Petro is a good example of that. MBH headers and a different tune and he gained a 10th + at the track in +1200DA. Much better results will come in equal DA where he couldn't get under 11.5 with his setup.

How do you explain Petro with MBH headers and his other tune not being able to get under an 11.5 yet Mthis with the same MHP setup was getting 11.199? Same tracks, same type of DA. Different tunes and different bolt ons will yield different results. Cars with this much HP and 3 10th's is HUGE and probably close to 2 car lengths in the 1/4.

With all that said I agree he did pull pretty hard on him in most of the races. I would classify most of it as Jeremy's experience and 3 honk timing ect. But take a look at Run 3. He hung in there VERY well with Jeremy through 2nd and most of 3rd gear. Did he suddenly gain that lost power back on that run?

Either way, I don't think its Jeremy's responsibility to prove Xtypers car performance. He should hit the track and put down some numbers and I would think as a tuner you would encourage track data over a street race anyhow

Last edited by propain; 07-23-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:06 PM

Everyone keeps dodging the stark fact that Jeremy was in his own car. To ignore this is a pretty serious mistake. This pretty much removes the ability to compare much of anything.

Jim
Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Everyone keeps dodging the stark fact that Jeremy was in his own car. To ignore this is a pretty serious mistake. This pretty much removes the ability to compare much of anything.

Jim
Quit dancing around it and say why if your going to make a comment like this... This is your 2nd reference to this.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Peter, with all due respect, In my short time with my C63 Ive seen different tunes do very different things. Petro is a good example of that. MBH headers and a different tune and he gained a 10th + at the track in +1200DA. Much better results will come in equal DA where he couldn't get under 11.5 with his setup.

How do you explain Petro with MBH headers and his other tune not being able to get under an 11.5 yet Mthis with the same MHP setup was getting 11.199? Same tracks, same type of DA. Different tunes and different bolt ons will yield different results. Cars with this much HP and 3 10th's is HUGE and probably close to 2 car lengths in the 1/4.

With all that said I agree he did pull pretty hard on him in most of the races. I would classify most of it as Jeremy's experience and 3 honk timing ect. But take a look at Run 3. He hung in there VERY well with Jeremy through 2nd and most of 3rd gear. Did he suddenly gain that lost power back on that run?

Either way, I don't think its Jeremy's responsibility to prove Xtypers car performance. He should hit the track and put down some numbers and I would think as a tuner you would encourage track data over a street race anyhow
Experience my friend that's why mthis is so much quicker.. Sure there is a difference between hardware and software but mthis and I put allot of time effort and resurch to get were we are!?

Do you think your car would've been as fast as it was without the pointers I gave you.. I do not!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Experience my friend that's why mthis is so much quicker.. Sure there is a difference between hardware and software but mthis and I put allot of time effort and resurch to get were we are!?

Do you think your car would've been as fast as it was without the pointers I gave you.. I do not!
LOL... ok.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Quit dancing around it and say why if your going to make a comment like this... This is your 2nd reference to this.

I believe the problem racing the "tuners car" is that no one could really tell how hot the "tune" was for that particular race!!! I'm sure if I tuned my own car, I would definayly turn it up before going to the track.. It could, not that it is but could be dialed up a good amount that wouldn't be safe for an everyday driver,,
Old 07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I believe the problem racing the "tuners car" is that no one could really tell how hot the "tune" was for that particular race!!! I'm sure if I tuned my own car, I would definayly turn it up before going to the track.. It could, not that it is but could be dialed up a good amount that wouldn't be safe for an everyday driver,,
I agree. So after this video Xtyper returns to his tuner and they give him a reflash... Should we expect it to be the same tune or were there some adjustments made?

You said it yourself Mike. Its a Shady business and vids like these sells tunes. No one is exempt. No one.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
LOL... ok.
U disagree?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I agree. So after this video Xtyper returns to his tuner and they give him a reflash... Should we expect it to be the same tune or were there some adjustments made?

You said it yourself Mike. Its a Shady business and vids like these sells tunes. No one is exempt. No one.
Weve had this conversation pleanty of times I personally would never ever take results from a tuners car.. I like the customer results these are real, Jeremys stated many times shelf tune! Not saying it's not but how would we ever no? As stated if it was me and I had the opportunity to sell 100s of thousands dollars worth of tunes I would definatly bend the rules and make sure my car was tuned to the point of almost blowing up.. This is in no way a dig at anyone at all and I've always stated I have no problem with Jeremy oe or any other tuner.. Just saying If it was me I'd make sure my shot was the quickest!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
U disagree?
About what part? That you guys have put in a lot of time into your cars? No. That you have a lot of experience with the C63? No. That experience helps? No. I stated that in the video Jeremy's experience helped a lot.

Pointers help Mike, No question. I appreciated them at the track and thanked you for them. The car was different to me and I listened and learned everything you told me about it. After that it took me 40 runs and learning my car to get my best time. My first run with 12 flat. After that an 11.7. I kept trying different things to get the times I got. Every car and tune is different. I also have a lot of track experience aside fomr the C63 as well Mike.

Are you saying that with Petro's other tune the pointers you gave him would have gotten him the 11.4 and that the MHP tune he switched to didn't get him there?

Do you think the MBH headers are just as good as the MHP headers?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Weve had this conversation pleanty of times I personally would never ever take results from a tuners car.. I like the customer results these are real, Jeremys stated many times shelf tune! Not saying it's not but how would we ever no? As stated if it was me and I had the opportunity to sell 100s of thousands dollars worth of tunes I would definatly bend the rules and make sure my car was tuned to the point of almost blowing up.. This is in no way a dig at anyone at all and I've always stated I have no problem with Jeremy oe or any other tuner.. Just saying If it was me I'd make sure my shot was the quickest!!!!
Its possible. Thats why I stated many times already that it makes no sense for him to rematch him.

Xtyper should take his independent results to the track and compare them with guys like you and me and everyone else who is NOT a tuner.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Its possible. Thats why I stated many times already that it makes no sense for him to rematch him.

Xtyper should take his independent results to the track and compare them with guys like you and me and everyone else who is NOT a tuner.
Super put tuner numbers in red for a reason.. Yup run the track in a controlled environment.. Timed were there's not much room for error run all day and there is a real result, that can't be contemplated..
Old 07-23-2011, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Super put tuner numbers in red for a reason.. Yup run the track in a controlled environment.. Timed were there's not much room for error run all day and there is a real result, that can't be contemplated..
+1

You and I have always seen eye to eye on this. Thats all I'm saying. Enough of this noble crap and he should rematch him. Xtyper should get to the track and put down some numbers. Then we can all see how it compares.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
That's all you wanna no who is dominant, get to the track let's see someone lay down numbers.. We no were the bars are set,, all we need is someone to jump over them so we can all get motivated to go faster..
Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
That's all you wanna no who is dominant, get to the track let's see someone lay down numbers.. We no were the bars are set,, all we need is someone to jump over them so we can all get motivated to go faster..
I think we all have some summer track fever at this point!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning/Gintani C63 vs MBH/ASCG C63