Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 AM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
We all know it wont be 70 ffs

think about the stock price how would it be 70k

people who even remotely believe it are ****ing retarded.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 (On the way)
The front panels look to much like the Mazda RX8.. The way they are flared and cut.. Everything else is super.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:01 AM

325,TSX,F150,Deville ask
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Pricing for the BS is everywhere. C&D says it'll kiss 100k and Road and Track says it'll start at 70k. Why is there a 30k gap?

Go to the amg-USA website dude....Go build a C63.....

A fully loaded c63 (which really doesn't take much to fully load, the AMG performance package, keyless entry, and multimedia package....brings the car just shy of 80,000 dollars..

So for ANYONE to think MB isn't going to break 100k with this you're not living in a realistic world.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 AM

AMG
Officialy 115k EUR in Germany.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Canada starting price is $109,000 so the USD will be about the same....keep in mind plus options this car will hit around $130-$140,000
Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 AM

325,TSX,F150,Deville ask
I don't know how solid that could be, as if you compare MB-can to MB-usa prices they are all over the place..

SLK have a 10,000 dollar price difference, E Series a 13,000 difference, CLS is a 30,000 dollar difference.

And these are the NON-AMG trims

The only official price we have thus far is €115.430,00....

Which means zero, considering that after about 20-30 minutes of price flipping between audi porsche bmw and benz on their german french canadian and american sites..

There is no easily recognizable pattern for pricing.

Last edited by driftster; 07-25-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Pricing for the BS is everywhere. C&D says it'll kiss 100k and Road and Track says it'll start at 70k. Why is there a 30k gap?
I believe they also estimated the CLK63 Black was going to be $90k when it was announced as well. Off by about $50k
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Guys, with respect to pricing I am sure that we will all find out in good time as more info is rolled out. Even the "insiders" I know at AMG are unclear as to exact pricing and option pricing for each market. That been said, I am not sure why everyone is so concerned about it as any C-class that is over $100k (which it will be for sure when you add in options/taxes etc) is a "emotional" purchase, not logical. Like most of the CLK-BS original owners, it was a case of not "how much" and do the performance improvements merit the uplift but more one of "I want it!" emotional purchase. This is how the BS is marketed...does anyone really think a SL65 BS is worth the price of 3-4 well equiped SL63s?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:34 AM

2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by harrower
Guys, with respect to pricing I am sure that we will all find out in good time as more info is rolled out. Even the "insiders" I know at AMG are unclear as to exact pricing and option pricing for each market. That been said, I am not sure why everyone is so concerned about it as any C-class that is over $100k (which it will be for sure when you add in options/taxes etc) is a "emotional" purchase, not logical. Like most of the CLK-BS original owners, it was a case of not "how much" and do the performance improvements merit the uplift but more one of "I want it!" emotional purchase. This is how the BS is marketed...does anyone really think a SL65 BS is worth the price of 3-4 well equiped SL63s?
You're right about the emotional purchase. The problem this time around is that there's a comparable used AMG on the market, whereas there was nothing like the CLK63 Black Series available from MB when it launched. Like I said before, the C63 Black Series' greatest competition is a Used, CPO'd CLK63 Black Series for $85k. If I was interested in the C63 Black, and I'm not, I'd wait 3 years to pick one up with 6000 miles for 57% of its sticker, like I did with the CLK. But I'm sure someone will buy it at full price.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 AM

325,TSX,F150,Deville ask
Originally Posted by harrower
Well of all that, i'd say the CLK-BS accomplished quite a bit and was quite a drastic improvement over the standard AMG would you not agree?

The SL65 BS gets it's value from it being 1 of ## much like the CLK-BS, but it also has an entirely different presence of it's non-BS counterparts...

This on the other hand....does neither of that...Which is why i think there's alot of stir going on..

there's nothing ground breaking or even remotely pants twisting about this car thus far.. It seems more as if this was 110% Expected in all areas, which generally aren't what BS's are. This seems more like the "logical progression of the C-AMG" than it does a Black series, that being..borrowed brakes borrowed this borrowed that and a slight power increase..
Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Rumor has it they wont be available in North America at all....

From a guy who knows a guy... None of them me.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
At pricing above 100K, it will be difficult to justify the BS because there are many other slightly used cars in that price range that would be also emotional purchases (997TT, Vantage to just say a few).
I know I am comparing new to slightly used but there are many people (myself included) who will just wait for a nice CPO unit that is 35% off MRSP.
So if it comes at loaded at 120K, 90K in a few years still does not make sense as I could buy a CLK BS for 60K and have 30K left in my pocket or buy a Maserati, Vantage S, 997TT, Panamera TT. Please note that most cars I listed are either equal or better in terms of performance.
The other issue I see is that for us C63 guys that have tuned and either added downpipes or headers, the BS is a step down in power. I understand the BS will be better on the track but most of us do not take the car to the track and use it as a DD or week end fun.
For people that are not in a C63 and shopping around, I do not see the BS as being a great contender when you can get an M3 GTS for a lot less (I will venture to say that the M3 will be about equal on the track versus the BS), a GTR for a bit less (the Nissan will have the BS for lunch on the track), a CTS-V for a lot less (hopefully the BS is a better track car), and a 997 GT3 (the P car is a better track car).
Bottom line is the new BS needs to be priced at a max of 10K above the current C63 or in other words 75K to 80K. This way, it will be not compete (in the sense of $$) with arguably identical or better track cars.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by emericr
At pricing above 100K, it will be difficult to justify the BS because there are many other slightly used cars in that price range that would be also emotional purchases (997TT, Vantage to just say a few).
I know I am comparing new to slightly used but there are many people (myself included) who will just wait for a nice CPO unit that is 35% off MRSP.
So if it comes at loaded at 120K, 90K in a few years still does not make sense as I could buy a CLK BS for 60K and have 30K left in my pocket or buy a Maserati, Vantage S, 997TT, Panamera TT. Please note that most cars I listed are either equal or better in terms of performance.
The other issue I see is that for us C63 guys that have tuned and either added downpipes or headers, the BS is a step down in power. I understand the BS will be better on the track but most of us do not take the car to the track and use it as a DD or week end fun.
For people that are not in a C63 and shopping around, I do not see the BS as being a great contender when you can get an M3 GTS for a lot less (I will venture to say that the M3 will be about equal on the track versus the BS), a GTR for a bit less (the Nissan will have the BS for lunch on the track), a CTS-V for a lot less (hopefully the BS is a better track car), and a 997 GT3 (the P car is a better track car).
Bottom line is the new BS needs to be priced at a max of 10K above the current C63 or in other words 75K to 80K. This way, it will be not compete (in the sense of $$) with arguably identical or better track cars.
Originally Posted by driftster
Well of all that, i'd say the CLK-BS accomplished quite a bit and was quite a drastic improvement over the standard AMG would you not agree?

The SL65 BS gets it's value from it being 1 of ## much like the CLK-BS, but it also has an entirely different presence of it's non-BS counterparts...

This on the other hand....does neither of that...Which is why i think there's alot of stir going on..

there's nothing ground breaking or even remotely pants twisting about this car thus far.. It seems more as if this was 110% Expected in all areas, which generally aren't what BS's are. This seems more like the "logical progression of the C-AMG" than it does a Black series, that being..borrowed brakes borrowed this borrowed that and a slight power increase..
Originally Posted by Carac
You're right about the emotional purchase. The problem this time around is that there's a comparable used AMG on the market, whereas there was nothing like the CLK63 Black Series available from MB when it launched. Like I said before, the C63 Black Series' greatest competition is a Used, CPO'd CLK63 Black Series for $85k. If I was interested in the C63 Black, and I'm not, I'd wait 3 years to pick one up with 6000 miles for 57% of its sticker, like I did with the CLK. But I'm sure someone will buy it at full price.

VERY VERY good points. I like the logic and discussion I am reading. It's a full blown track car...I have been to the track twice since owning mine...and I NEVER get many opportunities for spirited driving in the burbs...it would be cool and nifty to own one, but I guess I am trying to justify that's its worth having $120,000.00 sitting in my garage for a few track days a year...
Old 07-25-2011, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
DAYUM! Beauty in my opinion.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate

Old 07-27-2011, 11:07 PM

'10 C63 AMG | '10 Lexus RX350 | '10 E550C |'98 Lexus ES300 (Love this car)
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Looks awesome....but converting the Euro price to USD?

$165k!!!!!!!!!!! Just dont see it...
I agree. That's R8 V10 and 911TT category
Old 07-27-2011, 11:14 PM

CTS-V Coupe
I really want the C63 BS, but if the price is in that territory I'm gladly going with the CLS63.

I saw a black 2012 CLS63 in front of the Venetian today, the car is stunning, simply amazing!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan

Old 07-28-2011, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT2 C63 and yo sister
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Looks awesome....but converting the Euro price to USD?

$165k!!!!!!!!!!! Just dont see it...
remember the price in Germany usually includes VAT
Old 07-28-2011, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Some folks only buy virgins and this car will appeal to them even with the barely used alternatives at better prices. I think the car is marvelous but why not buy a CLK63BS. It looks like they've fixed all the obvious design short commings but one.... the the most glarring error...rear tire width. What good are 285's hooked up to over 500hp. It's ever worse of a design error as with the coupe they didn't have to deal with flaring the rear doors to get decent tires under this monster. The thing needs at least 325's or better in the back. I'm north of 500hp in a 996TT that has all the weight in the back on 315's and they barely hold on. I love the car, but they could have done better for very little more of an investment.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 AM

2011 Boxster Spyder, 2005 M3, 2000 Z3 M Coupe
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Some folks only buy virgins and this car will appeal to them even with the barely used alternatives at better prices. I think the car is marvelous but why not buy a CLK63BS. It looks like they've fixed all the obvious design short commings but one.... the the most glarring error...rear tire width. What good are 285's hooked up to over 500hp. It's ever worse of a design error as with the coupe they didn't have to deal with flaring the rear doors to get decent tires under this monster. The thing needs at least 325's or better in the back. I'm north of 500hp in a 996TT that has all the weight in the back on 315's and they barely hold on. I love the car, but they could have done better for very little more of an investment.
Almost all sports cars are under tire'd from the factory: largely because it costs the factory less for narrower sizes, and gives better EPA gas numbers which can consequently lower the guzzler tax.

What tires comes on the car stock is honestly not that important. I'm sure the engineers tested the "optimal" tire size for pure performance and flarred the fenders enough to leave room. Your right, 325 would probably be about the sweet spot. If Mercedes engineers didn't set it up to allow such sizes with the right wheels (meaning no spacers) then they are lame and that seriously would lower my valuation of the car.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
That's the same size wheel/tire combo the CLK63 BS came with from the factory. I went with a different offset and an inch wider wheels front and rear, and I'm sure you'll be able to do the same on the C63 BS. Even in stock trim, the CLK has plenty of mechanical grip.

The problem running 325's with R compound is getting enough heat in them and then maintaining the temperature on public roads.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:27 AM

2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
remember the price in Germany usually includes VAT
Which is 19% so, $165k/1.19 ~ $138k, the same as the CLK Black when new, give or take a grand. A base price of $120k US Fits with the current M-B Euro -> $US conversion with the E63, CLS63 and SLS. And a ballpark guess of $10-15k worth of options available, puts it right around $135k-ish US.

Hard to swallow for a C63 coupe with adjustable coilovers, larger radiator, ECU tune, slightly stronger internals (probably similar to what comes with P31), tweaked steering effort, and a body kit. Which is why I can't wrap my head around all the "OMG", "Best car EVAR", "would kill for one" comments. Because, when you step back and think about what it is: a 110~115% C63, you're left wondering where your other 40-50 grand is going.

That said.

Give me an E63 Black Series coupe (modern CLK equivalent) and price it at $135k and we would be in business.

Last edited by Carac; 07-28-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:16 AM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
The CLK63 BS was based on a C class as well ..... doesn't bother me at all. The only difference is that the C63 BS doesn't come with the same equipment as the CLK63 BS. But that was to be expected with a lower base price. I said it before, the money will be in the options. Nothing wrong with it though. Porsche does it the same way for years.

By the time it has the equivalent equipment that was standard on the CLK63 BS, the C will have a sticker price of around $140K as well. Some people will experience sticker shock, but most people will reconsider when they hear the monthly payment on a lease ..... the perfect combination of a low residual and a high money factor. For cars like that it's best to write a check.

Not a fan of that optional wing and rear seats, but otherwise a great car! The stock binders look very impressive as well.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E500 Estate
Too much like the CLKBS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 AMG Black Series revealed