Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic of C63 BS Track form

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
It's always going to be a love it or hate thing, but I'm sure AMG have done it like this with good reason.

It's just unfortunate that while the appendage no doubt serves a very good purpose here, it's always going to be tarred with the F&F brush...!

Also you can't simply just have the canards at the front on their own. They will have been put there to provide aero ballance for the rear wing.
The canards on their own will make the car unstable at speed due to too much aero on the front and nothing on the back.

If this kind of thing is good enough for a Porsche GT3 RS, then I have no problem with it being utilised here. After all, the BS is no shrinking violet is it...!

Just my humble opinion......!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:52 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Originally Posted by 1st amg
I find the wing is too much for this car, looks like it was taken from the same parts pin the kid down the street bought his wing from for his 99 Honda Prelude, I just prefer the lip in carbon fiber.

I agree with Tackleberry, AMG must have put it there for good reason. Without it, it simply doesn't, to me, befit the price or status it commands or should command. Too plain. It looks more exotic but unfortunately, yes, I know the kid with the Prelude and the wing...that's the problem. I still hate the wheels. Someone photoshopped the previous rim and it looked much, much better.

We just finished a day lapping at Calabogie and I can appreciate what kind of vehicle this is...i have to see it on video or in person.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:38 AM

02 clk 55 amg
Ok while I agree with everyone on the wing and canards being put their by AMG for a reason, I feel like it looks a little out of place. In some shots it looks good and then in others it really looks out of place. I have a question though what if one was to order the aero pkg and remove the wing and in place have vorsteiner make a larger lip spoiler similar to the one that vorsteiner makes for the Clk BS. Would a larger taller lip spoiler (carbon fiber Obivously ) provide enough aero to balance out the front or do you think the wing will need to stay. what do you guys think.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:21 PM

CTS-V Coupe
Damn. Seriously has anyone heard anything more on the MSRP of the Black Series?