MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Spoken from a man of extreme wisdom...
Old 08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
I went through this with my girlfriend the other day about a purchase I made. She knows I am saving up and paying off my debt to get into a nicer place. I figured maybe you are on the same boat as well. She may not have any right to tell you about what you spend your money on (this is how I felt) but then she probably knows you are trying to reach some type of goal by not wasting it. If she understands cars she probably knows that a tune isn't really that important in your life vs other goals and the warranty issue is actually really smart compelling argument on her case. I wish my girl had that good of a head on her shoulders. My girl has no idea about cars and hers is always breaking down to non-maintenance related issues.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by IAA-C63
Remember that 99% of your happiness or misery in life depends on who you marry. If you have a passion for cars, follow that passion to the extent that your finances and other time demands comfortably allow, but don't put cars ahead of your marriage. If you and your wife disagree about spending money, or anything else important, talk through the issue until both of you at least understand each other. And if the result is that your priorities are just different on some things, be prepared to compromise. I say all of this after nearly two happy decades with my wife and still going strong ...
Good comment. +1

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
I went through this with my girlfriend the other day about a purchase I made. She knows I am saving up and paying off my debt to get into a nicer place. I figured maybe you are on the same boat as well. She may not have any right to tell you about what you spend your money on (this is how I felt) but then she probably knows you are trying to reach some type of goal by not wasting it. If she understands cars she probably knows that a tune isn't really that important in your life vs other goals and the warranty issue is actually really smart compelling argument on her case. I wish my girl had that good of a head on her shoulders. My girl has no idea about cars and hers is always breaking down to non-maintenance related issues.
In bold is a good point and does hold weight. Perhaps a nice discussion to understand what is the basis on what is the problem will do the trick. He probably is having (or had) the discussion, let's wait for the OP to post back?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
if you like to mod, and your wife doesnt like you paying retarded mountains of cash for REALLY basic parts, then you bought the wrong car.

i like to mod. i bought the c63 to not mod besides maybe just the flash. most of my modded cars were built to embarass cars like the c63.
i think you need to be rich and bored and not really like to even do your own work to mod these things..... and that is not me on all 3 points. i have plenty of money to modify cars, but i dont have the kind of money that im gonna let somebody steal it from me for basic bolton parts for a c63.

so hell yeah if i dropped $20k+ on this car for wheels, suspension, and 100-150whp, then my wife would freak..... and well she should! it means to me that my poor *** had lost my damn mind.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 c63, 2010 E63
bottom line when it comes to relationship....COMPROMISE. If you don't have that, then you'll have a tough marriage.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by stangxs
Another reason not to get married!
+1
Old 08-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Another reason not to get married!
Worst scenario is to be unhappily married (as my parents were). Better is to be single. Best is to be happily married.

Remember, we only have one shot at this life. Don't let yourself become old, lonely, and regretting that you didn't share the journey with a real partner.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Question for you.

Who (or what) do you go to bed with?

End of story.

P.S.

What is (pshycological)?

Reminds me of: Shmoke and a pancake. haha
Old 08-29-2011, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by _AMG_
My fiancee is cool about me modding my car as long as its not going to effect us financially (bills, etc).
The only thing I hear complaints about is that she doesn't want me driving fast because she doesn't want me killing my self or getting into an accident (kinda defeats the purpose of owning a C63)

Just the other day we were discussing about if I should keep the C or move on to a GT-R.
Shes trying to convince me get the GT-R since she knows how much I love the car.
That's cool that your fiancee is on board for the GT-R. Totally different car from the C63. Just went and test drove one. It was pretty cool.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Every family dynamic is unique. But, if modding cars makes the wife too unhappy, the fun of modding goes out the window even if you can afford to do the mods.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:31 PM

2009 C63, 2500HD, OlllO Rubicon
I’m in a different boat guys. I purchased the C63 for my wife. I get to wash it and take care of it but I can’t drive it. LOL! After the ECU flash I can’t get her out of it…… She is mod friendly!!! Wink Wink! Woohoo!!! I got a good one!!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by TEXC63
I’m in a different boat guys. I purchased the C63 for my wife. I get to wash it and take care of it but I can’t drive it. LOL! After the ECU flash I can’t get her out of it…… She is mod friendly!!! Wink Wink! Woohoo!!! I got a good one!!
I'm coaxing my wife to enjoy the power of the C63 as well. Looking promising!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:54 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Worst scenario is to be unhappily married (as my parents were). Better is to be single. Best is to be happily married.

Remember, we only have one shot at this life. Don't let yourself become old, lonely, and regretting that you didn't share the journey with a real partner.

Eh, I'm in my 20's, I can't commit to one person, just yet. I always compare Woman to Cars, I get bored of them very easily, no matter how sexy it/she is. I'll probably settle down when I hit my 30's, I'm sure marriage is a good thing at some point (my parents have been happily married for 32 years), but for right now, I prefer working hard, and playing harder without anyone questioning me
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM

2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by Chocofishez
I'm amazed at the number of posters that appear to be total douchebags towards their wives. It's your wife guys... not your staff.. geez
It's not douchebaggery. It's a wife who knows and respects the things her husband likes. Reciprocally, her clothes and purses and shoes and jewelry have nothing to do with me.

I know guys who's wives don't like what they spend on cars, or on golf, or on sports tickets, or on TVs, or won't let them go to Vegas with the guys... and guess what? All those guys complain about it on message boards or, on the rare occasion that they get hall passes, to their buddies over a beer.

The OP is expressing his frustration with that EXACT reality.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by slownrusty
Fact: This has been discussed by every guy in every car forum on the internet..does not matter if you are into Yugos, AMGs or Deloreans.

Fact: 95% of all women will NEVER understand men's passion for the automobile and the inanimate object that it is. Women look at a car as a way to get from point A to B *only*, yet don't dare take them out for dinner in a 1983 Caprice.

Fact: Women feel very jealous that men love (and use the word "love") their cars and pour money, time and attention towards their cars.

Fact: If you are married and married to a woman who does not understand your hobby or passion for the automobile, be prepared for a roll-a-coaster ride as it will be inevitable that this discussion will come up and be prepared to walk on egg shells.

My Take: Current GF, I have told her numerous times "You do realize I spend ALOT of time and $$$ on my cars?" Almost like I have to remind her and even do so subliminaly even when we talk "Oh yes babe..I just spend the entire evening polishing my lug nuts". My ex..I told her before we got married.."these cars were here before you came, and will be here long after you are gone"....guess what? I was right!

Good luck.

Y
+1 Except she should be the one "polishing your lug nuts".
Old 08-29-2011, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
I'm amazed at the number of posters that appear to be total douchebags towards their wives. It's your wife guys... not your staff.. geez
I thought douche bags weren't allowed to get married or even procreate.
'
Old 08-29-2011, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Overcoming the obstacle is possible but it might cost you twice as much to mod your car, here's a link that might help.

http://www.tiffany.com/

Now instead of saving up for that new set of HRE wheels you will have to save up for wheels and earings. If she still b!tchs about it just get a divorce attorney cuase she ain't worth it....I'm pretty sure Tiffanys will fix everything though.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by skoobz2001
It's not douchebaggery. It's a wife who knows and respects the things her husband likes. Reciprocally, her clothes and purses and shoes and jewelry have nothing to do with me.
So if your wife went and spent a significant amount of your money on her hobby and told you it doesn't concern you conversation over would it roll off your back?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
I have a feeling this thread is gonna spiral outta control.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 PM

2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
I thought douche bags weren't allowed to get married or even procreate.
'
That's natural selection working its magic by screening out the "+1 reason never to get married" crowd. But you don't even have to be a DB for that.

uh oh...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by schmick325
My wife has no idea what it costs.

Just say the car needs a service.

I have a Renntech airbox, ECU, way louder exhaust and she has no idea
+1 My fiance has no idea about the cost of maintaining a car. So when I bring in the MB for service,she knows its not going to be cheap. Its a good thing she understands my hobbies-cycling,cars.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by _AMG_
I have a feeling this thread is gonna spiral outta control.
I'm hopeful it won't. Good to talk about our passion for cars and how that fits with the rest of our lives.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Eh, I'm in my 20's, I can't commit to one person, just yet. I always compare Woman to Cars, I get bored of them very easily, no matter how sexy it/she is. I'll probably settle down when I hit my 30's, I'm sure marriage is a good thing at some point (my parents have been happily married for 32 years), but for right now, I prefer working hard, and playing harder without anyone questioning me
No worries, you do have some time. But if you find a gal who's a great fit for you, my advice is to grab her. The good ones get taken first!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:52 PM

2011 C63 P31
So if your wife went and spent a significant amount of your money on her hobby and told you it doesn't concern you conversation over would it roll off your back?
Yep. If it makes her happy, it would 100% roll of my back, and I'd be enthusiastic about whatever it was. Goose, and gander... That old thing.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I'm hopeful it won't. Good to talk about our passion for cars and how that fits with the rest of our lives.
Well said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wife issues/arguements about modding the C63