C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Media Interface plus, not possible on 09 model?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
It could be a defective Anystream. If you have a speaker dock or anything like that to test it on, try it. Otherwise, mail it in and we will exchange it right away. Also, if you get a chance to call tech support, please do so, so we can help you in real time at 678-528-3443

Last edited by Cartronics; 09-07-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Originally Posted by Cartronics
It could be a defective Anystream. If you have a speaker dock or anything like that to test it on, try it. Otherwise, mail it in and we will exchange it right away. Also, if you get a chance to call tech support, please do so, so we can help you in real time at 678-528-3443

Called and spoke to a guy there, he said I probably have a defective connector bc it doesn't charge, and all 08+ MB connectors should support charging, guess he was confused, bc apparently that started in 2010 with the C class. Any adapters I can purchase to make it work (I'm assuming my connector doesn't have the right number of pins to support the anystream)? (btw, worked fine on my ipod dock). Thanks for the help!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Charge cables came available in mid 2008 for all classes. There is an adapter you can get to support charging, but that won't change anything with the AnyStream. The AnyStream will work with both 12v and 5v (old iPod systems and new iPod systems). There are several MB part number cables that are 'not' Apple compliant. People have been complaining about that for a long time. They do have several cables now that are compliant. The Anystream will also work on USB supported systems with an Apple cable that has the Apple Authorization chip in it.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:19 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Charge cables came available in mid 2008 for all classes. There is an adapter you can get to support charging, but that won't change anything with the AnyStream. The AnyStream will work with both 12v and 5v (old iPod systems and new iPod systems). There are several MB part number cables that are 'not' Apple compliant. People have been complaining about that for a long time. They do have several cables now that are compliant. The Anystream will also work on USB supported systems with an Apple cable that has the Apple Authorization chip in it.
So how do I go about changing that connector? When I open my glove box, all I have is one wire coming out of the right side, I can't see what that connection is plugged into. Should I pull that side off to see what's behind it? Should there be a USB outlet?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Stangxs,

Mercedes sells another cord, that is used to charge your iphone or ipod. i don't know that part number, but give you local dealership a call.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

No, depending on the iPod integration you have, it works two ways. You have an intermediate connector that the cable end gets changed from, OR the connector clear to module is replaced. I know everyone is an expert, but I work on at least 80 Mercedes per month personally, and I have seen both systems in cars 2008 - 2010, then they standardized. I have never asked, but assume it depends on if it was after delivery to dealer installed, or factory. I know some dealerships get bulk deals and do a lot of "upgrades" after delivery.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:37 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
No, depending on the iPod integration you have, it works two ways. You have an intermediate connector that the cable end gets changed from, OR the connector clear to module is replaced. I know everyone is an expert, but I work on at least 80 Mercedes per month personally, and I have seen both systems in cars 2008 - 2010, then they standardized. I have never asked, but assume it depends on if it was after delivery to dealer installed, or factory. I know some dealerships get bulk deals and do a lot of "upgrades" after delivery.
I'm confused, didn't really get a clear answer. I guess my best bet will be to post a picture of what I have, I'll snap one when I get home from work. Appreciate the help.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM

09 C63
so im thinking about ordering one but have a 09 c63, i just want to know will it work or not, is stangxs's case special because of a defective part or will that happen with all 09 c63s?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have been making them work one of 2 ways in the 'stubborn' cars. Hopefully some other 09 C Class owners with the Anystream will chime in.
Problem: Several of the part number cables are NOT Apple compliant (the reason MB has come up with over 30 part number cables - saw the list at the dealership yesterday - its long!)
The one solution that always works - is to use the MB USB cable with any iPod/iPhone cable that has the Apple Authentication Chip in it (such as the Apple Composite Video Cable). This makes a non-compliant device, compliant. There are other cables made by Griffin and Belkin that will work too, but the ACV cable works for sure.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M5, C63, 335Ci
It is possibleto do the retrofit. The dealers won't help as they want to sell you the newer car. If you have the option 518 on your car it is a direct plug in. If you have the older iPod interface you need to install the 518 module first and can then install the interface +. It is really unbfortunate that MB firmware is not easliy available like BMW. I love my C63, but must say that my M5 was easily upgraded as far as firmware and software for enhanced functionality whereas my C63 is a dead end in that respect.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 AM

09 C63
if it doesnt work will i get a full refund cartronics? and any updates stangxs?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 AM

cartronics, do you think you can offer one solution that contains anystream + apple compliant cable for the MB system? I think a lot of us will jump on it.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

The Anystream comes with a 30 day, 100% money back guarantee. Returned in undamaged condition of course.
We already offer the part numbers for the cables needed, and a link to the Apple cable too. We are currently importing some of the Apple cables that will be about $10 less than Apple sells them for.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 PM

C63 AMG 2009
I received My Anystream and it works ! very easy set up. A must have if you cant do the MIP upgrade or want more functionality from your Iphone without spending a lot of money.
My only concern is that when using Pandora and the likes on long daily trips you will run up your data use a lot hence high phone bills.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Thanks for the review! - a note to others...remember it will work with any bluetooth device, not just an iPhone. I even have a bluetooth dongle on my 160GB iPod Classic. Works great.

On data usage.. my wife is on the 2GB AT&T plan, and listens to Sirius/XM or Pandora app AT LEAST 4 hours a day, 28 or so days a month. Have not exceeded the limit yet. So those apps actually do not use that much. I have worried about it, but she rarely exceeds 1GB.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:12 PM

2009 C300
I just received my AnyStream last week......>LOVE IT!
Old 09-10-2011, 11:15 PM

2009 C300
Originally Posted by DutchC63
I received My Anystream and it works ! very easy set up. A must have if you cant do the MIP upgrade or want more functionality from your Iphone without spending a lot of money.
My only concern is that when using Pandora and the likes on long daily trips you will run up your data use a lot hence high phone bills.
Check out Rhapsody. You pay a monthly fee ($13 or so) and you can download and listen to any song you want. They allow you to download the songs to your mobile device as a part of the subsription. Worth the $13 bucks to me.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 AM

09 C63
The Anystream comes with a 30 day, 100% money back guarantee. Returned in undamaged condition of course.
We already offer the part numbers for the cables needed, and a link to the Apple cable too. We are currently importing some of the Apple cables that will be about $10 less than Apple sells them for.
Just ordered it, thanks for your help! and will let ya know how it works.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:05 AM

E coupe
anystream didn't work for me

my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary
Old 09-13-2011, 06:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

However, as we explained to e_coup, elsewhere in these forums, several reviewers with the EXACT same car... it is working perfectly. This highlights the problem with some cars like a Mercedes Benz. Mercedes has continually come out with new part numbers AND software updates for the iPod systems in the cars... why? Because they are not always Apple compliant. If you will visit Mercedes Benz factory website, you will find many updates available for the cars. This is why we give several solutions to this problem. The Anystream is 100% compliant. e_coup, If you went and purchased a $800 iPad, it would not work in your car either without the updates or cables mentioned. So it is caveat emptor, but not for the reasons you mentioned. It is because your car needs the updates or proper cables to work. One must be willing to take the steps necessary to bring the car into compliance with Apples specifications if you wish to use an iPad, Anystream, or future iOS5 device (as the new Apple iPhone operating system coming out next month won't work in your car either).
Within the cable kit part number we give on our site listed above is a USB cable. When used with the USB cable and any iPod cable that contains the AAC (Apple Authentication Chip), it forces a non Apple compliant system to be compliant. It is a simple solution to a compatibility problem.
However, like we said before, other reviewers on this site have the same car, same year, same cable, and it works fine. It is because they have different software in the car, and it is compliant. It can be a complicated matter to understand, but there are easy solutions to the problem.
PLUS, the Anystream does come with a 100% money back guarantee should you decide to try it and not want to take the steps necessary should it not work. Even in Cyprus, the ANystream only weighs 1 ounce (28 grams), and can be put in a normal letter and mailed back for very little cost. You can recover your investment should you want to. For the record, only 3 Anystreams have ever been returned (with a little over 500 sold so far) - and 98% of those have been sold in the US where they can be returned for under 50 cents.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:49 AM

E coupe
I tried to edit the original post but cant so I have to quote instead.

NOTE: fwiw cartronics.com are "good people" - even after my negative review and after some back/forth with them - they are still responding to my questions. I believe their 100% money back guarantee. I understand that many people have had success with this product. I'm in the process of trying to source an apple usb cable 'with authentication chip' (the apple store won't deliver to my country and not sure that the ones on ebay/amazon have the 'apple authentication chip' built in which is what I need). If I get my hands on one and try it out I'll post back here.

Originally Posted by e_coup
my 2 cents on the cartronics anystream:

2012 e coupe so very new firmware. I used the ipod connector cable which i verified as being the one 'supported' by cartonics (Mercedes part number A 001 827 82 04) http://www.cartronics.com/POM.html

My phone, htc desire hd running android 2.3, connects fine to the anystream and the led on the anystream flashes once every 6 seconds suggesting the connection phone<--->anystream is fine.

However the media interface on the car is stuck at 'activating device' and nothing else happens.

For the record, I called anystream and they took my call and were very polite. However the suggested 'solution' is to go and buy a composite av cable with authentication chip from apple to connect the anystream via usb - this costs very close to the price i paid for the anystream. With this in mind I may have opted for a different solution (like the motorolla gateway). I am also in Cyprus so sending it back is not really an option/feasible/cost effective. Thus I'm left with a $80 square of plastic. I may eventually go buy the composite cable but at this point i'm weary
Old 12-19-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
Updates please??
Old 12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

What info are you looking for?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E63
What info are you looking for?
Was looking for updates from those that purchased the anystream. Quality, issues etc.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have sold about 2000 so far. We have had about 30 returned due to some sort of compatibility issue (keep in mind they are purchased for every car brand, home and office system, boats, etc) - the reviews posted on this site and many others (google it, or search for anystream here) , have been overwhelmingly positive. People love the quality and convenience overall. We are very very proud of the product.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Media Interface plus, not possible on 09 model?