Sponsored by:

2012 Magnetite Sedan Has Entered the Building

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
Thank you! I've had the opportunity to check one out in person and I think I do like this color! The only thing I'm not sure of when I saw it was the new style 18'' rims -- while they do look nice, they somehow look smaller than the previous style. Perhaps it was the Continentals that were on them that contributed to this impresssion also
Old 10-09-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c63 sedan
Originally Posted by Wolvesq
As others have said, only the coupes gets the new seats. The sedans keep the same seats as before. The only difference is that you can now get those seats with the Dynamica fabric (as I did). In the 08-11 versions, you could only get leather or cloth -- at least in the U.S. -- and cloth orders were almost non-existent.
Still confused on seat options. I was told mb Tex is standard and amg leather pkg is only option. Did you have to specifically order dynamica fabric (is this alcantra?). I am in USA btw..

May I see a picture of the back seats? Does it have fabric in middle also?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by late_bloomer; 10-09-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miserly mpg, exhibitionist torque (i.e. Q5 TDI)
Originally Posted by late_bloomer
Still confused on seat options. I was told mb Tex is standard and amg leather pkg is only option. Did you have to specifically order dynamica fabric (is this alcantra?). I am in USA btw..

May I see a picture of the back seats? Does it have fabric in middle also?

Thanks in advance..
Your dealer is right that there are just two seat packages. The Dynamica seats are standard. Dynamica is the fabric in the center of the seats and back rest, while tex is the fake leather that lines the seats, which may be why your dealer referred to the standard option as "tex." But they're referring to the same package.

The back seats are the same. Dynamica in the seat and back rest, with tex on the rest. If you dislike the Dynamica/tex combo, you have to fork over $3k for the leather package.

It's unlikely you will find any Dynamica/tex seats in a dealer-ordered car. Most dealers spook at selling one of these without the leather package, which is a (roughly) $3k option.