Sponsored by:

Pricing question: looking at getting into a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 Steel Grey C63
Originally Posted by golfinz
Yup, that's the car! Zach was talking about you today...he said that a guy with a modded p-car was interested and he was surprised you didn't call back!

I confirmed that it is a P30 combo by MB...it's not a P31. The brakes are the compound brakes as you can see below. I also googled the vin and came up with this:
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=171673008297

It was built in late 2009 so I think it was labeled as a 2010...it has some 2010 options like the updated mirrors, but has some 2009 options like the P30 package
Nice! Glad to see it definitely has the P30 package - I had googled the VIN as well and did not happen to locate that FB page.

Mine is going in to Autoscope tonight (they also modded the turbo when I had it) for a pair of ST headers and the V3 Eurocharged tune. Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I realize the LT headers will squeeze out more power, but I think this is the best bang for the buck for my personal needs.

As sweet as the turbo was, I am LOVING the instant torque monster that wakes up every time I hit the gas pedal in this thing...
Old 09-20-2011, 10:57 AM

z06
Originally Posted by jasont
Nice! Glad to see it definitely has the P30 package - I had googled the VIN as well and did not happen to locate that FB page.

Mine is going in to Autoscope tonight (they also modded the turbo when I had it) for a pair of ST headers and the V3 Eurocharged tune. Before anyone jumps on me, yes, I realize the LT headers will squeeze out more power, but I think this is the best bang for the buck for my personal needs.

As sweet as the turbo was, I am LOVING the instant torque monster that wakes up every time I hit the gas pedal in this thing...
Your turbo sounds awesome! I don't know how you could let something like that go...I'm having a hard time letting my beast go

Lets meet up when Steve/Autoscope/Eurocharge are done with their magic! Would love to see what the headers/tune do over stock. Still haven't decided if I want to mod this thing as it will never be as fast as my Z06
Old 09-20-2011, 11:14 AM

10 Steel Grey C63
Your turbo sounds awesome! I don't know how you could let something like that go...I'm having a hard time letting my beast go

Lets meet up when Steve/Autoscope/Eurocharge are done with their magic! Would love to see what the headers/tune do over stock. Still haven't decided if I want to mod this thing as it will never be as fast as my Z06
Sold the turbo because we are 5 weeks away from our first child making her world debut. I did not have to sell it as I have a Saab as a daily driver (that I'm going to sell too and just use the C63), but between obscene maintenance costs, inability to use it as a family car, etc. it just seemed easier to get something that was fun and practical at the same time and the C63 seems to nicely fit the bill.

Would be happy to meet and let you try her out after the mods. As a matter of fact, Steve's wife owns a C63 with the exact headers and tune they are installing on mine. He let me take it out for a spin and I was sold in a heartbeat...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 AM

z06
Originally Posted by jasont
Sold the turbo because we are 5 weeks away from our first child making her world debut. I did not have to sell it as I have a Saab as a daily driver (that I'm going to sell too and just use the C63), but between obscene maintenance costs, inability to use it as a family car, etc. it just seemed easier to get something that was fun and practical at the same time and the C63 seems to nicely fit the bill.

Would be happy to meet and let you try her out after the mods. As a matter of fact, Steve's wife owns a C63 with the exact headers and tune they are installing on mine. He let me take it out for a spin and I was sold in a heartbeat...
Oh man, that's awesome! The 63 is definitely a cool "family" car...at least the wifey didn't make you get something slow!

He might be doing mine after seeing what yours does! Is Jerry at Eurocharged doing the tune? Wonder if he would give us a price break if we both at ours done....
Old 09-20-2011, 12:28 PM

10 Steel Grey C63
Oh man, that's awesome! The 63 is definitely a cool "family" car...at least the wifey didn't make you get something slow!

He might be doing mine after seeing what yours does! Is Jerry at Eurocharged doing the tune? Wonder if he would give us a price break if we both at ours done....
Jerry is the one doing the tune. I was going to wait until he was in Dallas so he could tune it same-day at Autoscope (he was actually just here the weekend before last), but now that I'm doing the headers the car will be down for two days so it isn't a big deal to ship it to him. I actually did a deal with him where I bought the headers and the tune for a package deal, you might want to see if he still has any more (headers) in stock.

I also plan to connect with him the next time he is here so he can run it on the dyno himself. He said the V3 tune is so refined there usually is not much to change, but sometimes the AFR can still be tweaked a little bit...
Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 AM

10 Steel Grey C63
Golfinz - were you heading north on the tollroad this morning? Pretty sure I passed you just before Mockingbird Ln...
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM

z06
I was just about to PM you! That was me...did you get the headers installed yet or are you still on the stock exhaust? Car sounded great!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM

10 Steel Grey C63
Headers and Jerry's V3 tune were installed a couple of weeks ago - and completely worth it!

They are ST headers, I actually wanted them more for the sound then the (decent) hp gains, this thing burbles and pops on deceleration like nothing I've owned. We will definitely have to meet up and let you try it out...
Old 10-10-2011, 11:31 PM

z06
For sure man, would love to check it out! Talked to Jerry and now just waiting for him to come to Dallas