Sponsored by:

wasted tuner's time??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Aznkuja328, any chance you could fill us in on what happened to you first C63?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Aznkuja328, any chance you could fill us in on what happened to you first C63?
i can't, it'll only get this thread way longer than anyone can imagine.
i am more of a calm person.

all i can say is the guys at fmu are super fabricators! definitely not bad people!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
What's this thread about?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
Originally Posted by aznkuja328
no forum war, i am just trying to ask whether my idea was good or bad to pay them extra!! thanks for caring, i will share more details in depth when necessary because they are not bad people!!

They obviously see that you dont care about paying extra so why not get you .. Maybe if you spend even more money with them they might only charge more to tweak your settings and adjustment again instead of doing it right 1st or 2nd time since your willing to drive 250 miles to have to them work on your ride cuz they are not bad ppl lol. But if you got money to burn then **** it
Old 10-11-2011, 11:38 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
it's about the wrong suspension set up... and i am not satisfied with the way how they handled their faults... to blame at me for being late...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Okay... my name is matt and jeff is truly a friend of mine. we share experiences and we speak in the same language. i am not sure about GHAZAN.

i don't have anything from MHP installed on my car at the moment, and i am definitely not an employee from MHP.
I never doubted you are who you say, and I was never questioning your posts or situation. Jeff and Ghazan look a little suspicious to me. So is this a customer service issue or is your car messed up in some way?

My only advice to you is this, post your true feelings and experiences, don't come on here posting half of a story, it make you look bad and people will question the validity of your story. Have your facts and timeline in order. If you were wronged by a vendor or tune you have all the right in the world to post your experieces, in fact I look at it as more of a responsibility when you belong to a forum community such as this one. We need to look out for one another, not just member to member but member to vendor and vise versa. The vendors need us more than we need them but in the end we all need each other. Lord knows I have had negative experiences with vendors but I give them the benefit of the doubt before posting negative things about them. There have been two instances where I have posted very negative things about vendors and both times it was well warranted. This situation that you speak of tonight does not sound like it warrants a thread like this but maybe in your mind it does and that's your right but you have to be ready for the critisism that will come with it if you do not have all of your facts straight and only post part of the story. It sounds to me like you are getting pressure from another tuner to flame one of their competitors, that's what it looks like from my point of view.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
it's about the wrong suspension set up... and i am not satisfied with the way how they handled their faults... to blame at me for being late...
Okay, that's a reasonable gripe. There's nothing wrong with expressing your position.

I'm not sure what you plan on doing. I'm genuinely confused. But, I hear you and I hope things work out for you in this situation.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:56 PM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
i spent 10 minutes reading each post to find the point in this, i want my 10 minutes back
Old 10-12-2011, 12:03 AM

12 M156 C204
okay, so paying $ won't work. i have my answer now.

this is a peaceful place, and i don't want to be blamed from all the corners as i have received enough stress already. thanks for everyone who've talked to me! big thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
i have been working with them since a long time ago (17 months if i remember correctly). both good and bad things happen, and i don't want the relationship to go like that. so i was wondering whether i should give them money to calm them down and treat me better or what?

whenever i mention something is not right, first thing i will hear is: labor, the second thing i will hear is: it's none of their business. and i get blamed on being late, taking advantages of them, letting them do the stuffs that i can do, trying not to pay because i have the money, etc...
Dude you're not a doormat! Stop acting like one!!!! You are a paying customer with a nice car! Who seems to be NICE as well. Don't take that kind of service or attitude from anyone!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
y0 JR relax...what does MHP have to do with this thread. Your conscious is speaking to loudly. BTW, it was just a guess and a right one because I put 2 and 2 together.

Plus I'm right so you can't bash someone with the truth, can you?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
C'mon guys lets go get some tacos and beer.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
FMU, should give there side for being d!cks.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
This is gonna turn ugly......
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
no forum war, i am just trying to ask whether my idea was good or bad to pay them extra!! thanks for caring, i will share more details in depth when necessary because they are not bad people!!

Pay them extra!!! Now next time you go there and have your car tuned again and if they didnt finished your car on time, charge them also for your wait time ....serious side DONT
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
I hate these types of threads. One customer comes in and talks about how a tuner gave him a bad customer service, but doesnt have the ***** to tell us who it is. which leads to me to a couple of conclusions. Either The OP is not telling us everything and has no proof of the story he posted, or The OP hasnt worked with such a tuner and is trying to discredit them.

If something bad happened to you, as forum members, We want to know about it in full detail. Thats why we have this wonderful forum, you need to back your claims and get us some proof. Be a man, and tell us who did this to you dammit.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
kid clearly lacks scrotal fortitude
Old 10-12-2011, 03:51 AM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
kid clearly lacks scrotal fortitude
giving out the tuner's name isn't my original purpose, and my tuner has already raised his concern regarding my thread. i believe i am being fair for not doing anything harmful to their brand image. no offense, kids usually have more guts than adults (not the physical volume of guts).
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
wtf???

hell no!!!

find another lair to put your money man, tell those cats to eat it...........
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
giving out the tuner's name isn't my original purpose, and my tuner has already raised his concern regarding my thread. i believe i am being fair for not doing anything harmful to their brand image. no offense, kids usually have more guts than adults (not the physical volume of guts).
Do you want the truth? People already know who you're talking about, you have harmed them and you've made yourself look like a complete idiot in the process. Here are some things you need to consider and ask yourself.

Have you attempted to discuss the problem one on one with the vendor in question?

Are the refusing to acknowledge there is any problem?

Have they offered to correct the suspension issue?

Have you received pressure from any other tuner to come out about this issue?

Can you please answer those questions for us? Thanks. If they have refused to acknowledge there's an issue or refuse to correct the issue then by all means post away, I will have your back, but if they are willing to work with you why burn a bridge??? If it is FMU I am willing to bet they are willing to work with you had they known there was an issue of some sort.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 AM

AMG
Give me your money and all your problems will go away...
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Matthew,

I do appreciate your comments regarding our work, and your coming to our defense regarding some of the commentary within your thread.

The issue regarding lateness has nothing to do with money, nothing at all. I'll give you all a quick recap of the story:

Matt explains that he's going to be coming in on a Friday for a reattachment of his KW rear shocks (one of his KWs was leaking, and was sent out for warranty repair, so he had 2 stock shocks in the rear in the meantime), along with a few other jobs. Prior to his arrival, he had told us his planned arrival time, and right before he was supposed to show up, we had pulled two techs off other jobs so they could be ready to commence work immediately on the C63 when it arrived.

He knew our shop had changed hours and were no longer working Saturdays, and he also knew that we were going to be at limited capacity after 5 pm that day due to a prior engagement. The work order did state that the customer was made aware of the no-Saturday policy change, and that any incomplete work was to take place the next time he was here. He did pick up his car the next day, however, as we were more than willing to open up the shop's office to accomodate his pickup.

We had promised to work as hard as possible in the time constraints given (our schedules, since school's started for him, have become tough to match up), and wanted to make sure we could accomplish as much work as possible, so there wasn't as much to do the next time he was available to come through our shop, in an effort to cut down on the number of extensive trips he has to take out to us.

Due to traffic or whathaveyou, he was about 30 minutes late. We never asked that he pay for the time he was late. Never, nor did we insinuate that any sort of compensation to that degree would be an amicable conclusion.

An e-mail from one of our employees as a follow-up did request politely that he let us know when he would be running late, just so we could keep the techs busy until then, in an effort to cut down on the remaining work for the day.

We like to keep our techs busy, as we do get a fair amount of both regular maintenance and body shop work, especially towards the end of the week. The fact that he didn't let us know that he was running late did not cause a sour attitude in any of us, we were just hoping to be able to have more time to work on his car that day. With scheduling being the way it is during the school year, our goal is to keep him from having to make an excessive number of trips, as we know how precious spare time can be when there isn't a whole lot of it.

We've always appreciated his willingness to drive out to our shop, and always try to do the best for him that we can in the time given, as we do with all of our customers.

We're already talking to him offline, so for the time being, we won't step in here too much until we've worked out all the behind-the-scenes business. We just wanted to fully flesh out the story, so there aren't any misunderstandings as to our intentions or attitudes.

Matt's C63 remains one of our favorite and most prized projects, and we hold him - and all our Mercedes clients - in the highest regard.

Matt, we're sorry if you've been put off by any of our reactions, as we would much rather deal with these matters directly and personally. Let's continue to deal with this as we have, one-to-one, and once we've come to a conclusion we can put these matters to rest whereever you deem it necessary.

Until then, we'll continue to monitor this thread.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Always great to be able to read BOTH sides of the story.

And even more so that it is being handled "one on one"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wasted tuner's time??