wasted tuner's time??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few
Originally Posted by aznkuja328
Thanks but why do you think i deserve a refund?
Because you expressed dissatisfaction with your suspension reinstallation, and since we weren't given a chance to remedy it, we're trusting you and offering the refund.

track records or experience?
This company has nothing to do with this point. You trusted us enough to use our business, but not enough to use our recommended corner balancer. This point is moot in the larger scheme of things.

i don't mean to bring them into this or else people will claim that i am lying and not being honest.
If somebody accuses you of being dishonest when you are not, then we'll step in and correct them, because you're still our client.

completely not related to compression and rebound settings
But you had them adjusted as part of the balance, correct? Or did you only do it because you weren't believing us? We are no closer to you than the other shop, why didn't you call us, say the balance was wrong, and give us an opportunity to fix it?

I don't understand why you're making it seem like you were just trying to appease us with a story, when you gave us a long, personalized and detailed story about how that company handled your car? Why would you go to the trouble of telling us this story after the fact?

i dont really care about the refund, so "so be it will be the answer"? but you distrust and discredit me, and make me look like an idiot
Matt, we have never said anything that we cannot back up with facts. Never once, at anytime during our history, have we attempted to distrust and discredit you and make you look foolish. Why would we want to do that to a customer, especially you? What does anybody stand to gain from that?

does this mean i am not honest??
Again, we're not saying you're dishonest. We're saying that the burden of creating a positive experience for the client should be on the shoulders of the business, not the client.

thanks for proving that i was late. personal expressions even in words are copy righted and there is another term to better explain it, which is something related to privacy or intellectual property. i have tons of professors taught me that. it was a conversation between me and andrew, also i am not anyone under your umbrella.
an intellectual property has been copied? lets forget about this privacy thing.
Done. Forgotten.

so there's no way to make a conclusion? i thought andrew was solving it out with me? i didn't intentionally bring everything out to the public, i was only asking: "how to please a tuner to like me better" and now am i being accused of making a tread from freedom of speech?
Andrew was solving it out with you, yes. Making a conclusion is what we're attempting to do here.

The point of putting something online is to bring light to something, not to keep it in the shadows. If you really wanted it to remain anonymous, you would have created a different avatar, since you chimed into Tyson911's thread (at our request) and backed us up, making it obvious that we are your tuner. Regardless of anybody's intentions, people on the forum (any forum, not a specific one) will take it, run with it, and pick a body to put on trial.

it is 15:48, and i have been expecting an email since 8 am
We are trying the best we can to accomodate both you and everything else that goes on in a day at Fluid. We aren't a big team, responsibilities need to be completed, both in regards to you and everybody else. Andrew's last e-mail to you last night was prior to this forum exploding, and otherwise you would have had a response already. This, we apologize for. It was not our intention to take this long to get back to you, but between work ending last night and work starting this morning, a lot has happened.

no problem, but you are wrong, i want a fair and quick agreement which is not only fair to you, but also to me.
Then we invite you to state your terms publicly, since we don't have a firm answer from you as to what you want yet.

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 10-12-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Messed up the quote BB code. Shortened for clarity.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
It looks like we've been given a hill that we have to climb up again. In a thread of related nature last week, some of you said it was possible that we were just denying the issue. We're not saying there's no issue here, we're just saying that this isn't the best way to handle it. Regardless of what's been said online, we have all the facts we need to back up everything we've said. As part of our and Matt's agreement regarding privacy, we won't directly cite texts or e-mails, just paraphrase them. And we're not here to discredit Matt, just present our side of the story as we see it.

It seems like a few of you have moved into personal attacks, and if that's your thing, that's fine. We have thick skin, we'll gladly sit here and defend the points being thrown at us, even though we'd much rather be out in the shop doing work.

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
that's why they aren't open on saturdays anymore...chores and learning how to actually tune a car...
We aren't open on Saturdays anymore because, as a business owner, I believe that people who work hard deserve more than one day's rest each week. Hours are long here, and in an attempt to show appreciation to our employees, we gave them Saturday off.

Originally Posted by BerBer63
I bet FMUs mom runs the whole show
So what if she does? Even if that's not the case, would you not trust someone in your family with your livelihood?

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Found reviews about FMU from another forum.

The negative
http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/loca...xperience.html

The positive
http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/loca...nfield-il.html
We are not perfect, nor have we ever admitted to it. You can see between this post and the Tyson911 post that we have admitted our shortcomings and have not run from an issue yet. We use negative reviews as internal criticisms and try to better ourselves every single day. We don't expect you guys to believe us, but you don't have to, as it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

All we're trying to do is offer an alternative viewpoint to this thread, which we feel is of value. We know our character.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
FMU why would you pull your techs off a job to wait for aznkuja328? Who knows, maybe he got pulled over by the cops or he had a flat tire and couldn't make it.
If someone tells me they are on they're way I don't stop everything im doing and wait for him. If he shows up on time, great. If his a late while your on a job then tell him to wait for a little longer. Plus whats a 1/2 hour gonna do to you? If im diriving from 250 miles away and I was only 1/2 hour late Id say I made some pretty good timing.
Being an hour late or 1.5 hours without informing anybody is a different story.
+1
Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
the OP has been waiting for an email from Andrew or whoever from FMU since 8am and still hasn't got anything back ? why not answer him back ? you obviously have enough time to "keep an eye on this thread" as stated before . i know that work may be busy , but you have been posting on this thread all day .
Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by Rsquad911
+1
Half an hour is an important chunk of time when you're only here for a couple hours. It's a much larger percentage than if we had, say, 12 hours to work on it.

We knew we couldn't take on any jobs that required time-intensive work, because we were dedicated to bringing him in and getting as much work done as possible. He comes from out-of-state, and we try to accomodate him above all else not only because he's been a long-time client, but because he comes from so far away. We do the same thing with our clients that come from Peoria, which is roughly 3 hours away.

Lift space is limited, and his car needed to be on a lift. We couldn't have put a wheel hub job on that lift or anything like that. Were people standing around twiddling their thumbs waiting? No. But did a tech keep his lift open in anticipation of his arrival? Yes.

Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
the OP has been waiting for an email from Andrew or whoever from FMU since 8am and still hasn't got anything back ? why not answer him back ? you obviously have enough time to "keep an eye on this thread" as stated before . i know that work may be busy , but you have been posting on this thread all day .
Mike's been talking to him. OJ and I have been working on this thread, along with other things that have been on my to-do list, not just for one day, but for a couple.

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 10-12-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: added the second quote.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
maybe i'm wrong but i thought i heard that you guys are working on a Black Series for SEMA ? is it a company car or a customer car ?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion
Because you expressed dissatisfaction with your suspension reinstallation, and since we weren't given a chance to remedy it, we're trusting you and offering the refund.

This company has nothing to do with this point. You trusted us enough to use our business, but not enough to use our recommended corner balancer. This point is moot in the larger scheme of things.

If somebody accuses you of being dishonest when you are not, then we'll step in and correct them, because you're still our client.

But you had them adjusted as part of the balance, correct? Or did you only do it because you weren't believing us? We are no closer to you than the other shop, why didn't you call us, say the balance was wrong, and give us an opportunity to fix it?

I don't understand why you're making it seem like you were just trying to appease us with a story, when you gave us a long, personalized and detailed story about how that company handled your car? Why would you go to the trouble of telling us this story after the fact?

Matt, we have never said anything that we cannot back up with facts. Never once, at anytime during our history, have we attempted to distrust and discredit you and make you look foolish. Why would we want to do that to a customer, especially you? What does anybody stand to gain from that?

Again, we're not saying you're dishonest. We're saying that the burden of creating a positive experience for the client should be on the shoulders of the business, not the client.

Done. Forgotten.

Andrew was solving it out with you, yes. Making a conclusion is what we're attempting to do here.

The point of putting something online is to bring light to something, not to keep it in the shadows. If you really wanted it to remain anonymous, you would have created a different avatar, since you chimed into Tyson911's thread (at our request) and backed us up, making it obvious that we are your tuner. Regardless of anybody's intentions, people on the forum (any forum, not a specific one) will take it, run with it, and pick a body to put on trial.

We are trying the best we can to accomodate both you and everything else that goes on in a day at Fluid. We aren't a big team, responsibilities need to be completed, both in regards to you and everybody else. Andrew's last e-mail to you last night was prior to this forum exploding, and otherwise you would have had a response already. This, we apologize for. It was not our intention to take this long to get back to you, but between work ending last night and work starting this morning, a lot has happened.

Then we invite you to state your terms publicly, since we don't have a firm answer from you as to what you want yet.
Okay, I am dealing with Mike directly and will see how things can be worked out. I guess stating the terms publicly won't be helpful to the situation, so Mike will receive what i am going to tell fmu.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
maybe i'm wrong but i thought i heard that you guys are working on a Black Series for SEMA ? is it a company car or a customer car ?
Yes we are. It's a customer car that we've been working on for the past 3 weeks now.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 PM

2012 GT-R, 2006 Lancer Evolution
This is just a question I have

Why do you guys drive your customers cars all around chicago and take their cars to meets like the JDM one?? Even if you had consent from the owners won't the owner of your shop "mama" be mad? Should a pro and "high caliber" shop like yours show off cars that you haven't even worked on yet?

Last edited by btownsoccer22; 10-12-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: didn't make myself clear
Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few

Why do you guys drive your customers cars all around chicago and take their cars to meets like the JDM one?? Even if you had consent from the owners won't the owner of your shop "mama" be mad? Should a pro and "high caliber" shop like yours show off cars that you haven't even worked on yet?
Brian,

Thank you for clarifying that you were mentioning the Black Series. It was the only car at Friday Night Lights that we hadn't worked on physically.

We were asked by Raging Bull Marketing (the owners of the Black Series) to get that car as much exposure as possible. So prior to this specific event, we asked him again to confirm that we could take it out, and his words were thus:

"**** yeah man, take it whereever you need to!!! Just be aware that there are only two bolts in the passenger seat!"

We believe that this level of trust with the customer should speak to our character. Our goal is to not only build the car, but also build the hype surrounding it, and the exposure at FNL was a good step in that process.

After all, you must have seen it.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Yes we are. It's a customer car that we've been working on for the past 3 weeks now.
....and its SICK!!! I saw it at their shop last week. Wait til you guys see this monster, it takes a lot to excite me, especially when we are talking about another Black Series but this thing is outta this world cool.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I give tuners permission to drive my cars too. Most of the work I get done to my car is prototype stuff, I want it to be road tested and proven before they hand me back the keys. Weistec put hundreds of miles on my car road testing it. If a tuner is bolting on an off the shelf exhaust system there's probably not much need for them to be out driving it but one off fab work and prototype test stuff absolutely needs to be road and sometimes even track tested. Further more if a shop wants to use my car for promotional use I don't have a problem with that either. I highly doubt FMU is out tooling around in customers cars just for the hell of it. Besides they have a pretty nice fleet of their own shop vehicles.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 PM

12 M156 C204
Brian,

Thank you for clarifying that you were mentioning the Black Series. It was the only car at Friday Night Lights that we hadn't worked on physically.

We were asked by Raging Bull Marketing (the owners of the Black Series) to get that car as much exposure as possible. So prior to this specific event, we asked him again to confirm that we could take it out, and his words were thus:

"**** yeah man, take it whereever you need to!!! Just be aware that there are only two bolts in the passenger seat!"

We believe that this level of trust with the customer should speak to our character. Our goal is to not only build the car, but also build the hype surrounding it, and the exposure at FNL was a good step in that process.

After all, you must have seen it.
lol, he's not brian, there're like 5 gtrs here in town... i guess i know who he is... evo + gtr?? easy to guess!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...on a brighter note MHP just got banned as a sponsor over on "the other benz site" it was proven that he created false usernames to attack other vendors, tuners and sponsors. I think we all remeber the FMU thread last week...now you guys have all the facts.

FMU is a great shop run by good guys and fellow enthusiests.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by jrcart
...on a brighter note MHP just got banned as a sponsor over on "the other benz site" it was proven that he created false usernames to attack other vendors, tuners and sponsors. I think we all remeber the FMU thread last week...now you guys have all the facts.

Finally, the truth comes out. lol
Old 10-13-2011, 12:09 AM

12 M156 C204

thanks for sharing, and i agree that the guys at fmu aren't bad people. however, i am wondering why the name mhp has to pop up on almost every single page on this thread? i know you want to defend fmu or help making the situation clear, but what does that has to do with mhp here?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I give tuners permission to drive my cars too. Most of the work I get done to my car is prototype stuff, I want it to be road tested and proven before they hand me back the keys. Weistec put hundreds of miles on my car road testing it. If a tuner is bolting on an off the shelf exhaust system there's probably not much need for them to be out driving it but one off fab work and prototype test stuff absolutely needs to be road and sometimes even track tested. Further more if a shop wants to use my car for promotional use I don't have a problem with that either. I highly doubt FMU is out tooling around in customers cars just for the hell of it. Besides they have a pretty nice fleet of their own shop vehicles.
Jim, when you are ready for hot weather testing, I'm available.

Wow. Sticky rather lose a sponsor at this stage of the website?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by aznkuja328
thanks for sharing, and i agree that the guys at fmu aren't bad people. however, i am wondering why the name mhp has to pop up on almost every single page on this thread? i know you want to defend fmu or help making the situation clear, but what does that has to do with mhp here?
MHP created false usernames and stated false information in order to bash companies like FMU, OE Tuning, even Renntech.

Here is an example.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...cal-tuner.html

I cant post the other thread since MBworld doesn't allow us to post links from the "other" forum.

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-13-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:42 AM

12 M156 C204
MHP created false usernames and stated false information in order to bash companies like FMU, OE Tuning, even Renntech.

Here is an example.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...cal-tuner.html

I cant post the other thread since MBworld doesn't allow us to post links from the "other" forum.
i see... it's some sensitive stuffs...!! alright, i see why then!!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab

Way to go detective

Wow, Andy is a really special guy

To the Op and FMU, best wishes to both, and get this thing settled
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
wasted tuner's time...how about my time?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
Jim, when you are ready for hot weather testing, I'm available.

Wow. Sticky rather lose a sponsor at this stage of the website?
Earl and I will be running in Vegas next Friday night
Old 10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BerBer63
wasted tuner's time...how about my time?
LMAO
Old 10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Earl and I will be running in Vegas next Friday night
Round Two? So you've decided to bring the car afterall....cool!

Do you know if Sticky's is car ready?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
On Sticky's last posting he still doesn't have his tranny back yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wasted tuner's time??