Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wasted tuner's time??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion
Matthew,

I do appreciate your comments regarding our work, and your coming to our defense regarding some of the commentary within your thread.

The issue regarding lateness has nothing to do with money, nothing at all. I'll give you all a quick recap of the story:

Matt explains that he's going to be coming in on a Friday for a reattachment of his KW rear shocks (one of his KWs was leaking, and was sent out for warranty repair, so he had 2 stock shocks in the rear in the meantime), along with a few other jobs. Prior to his arrival, he had told us his planned arrival time, and right before he was supposed to show up, we had pulled two techs off other jobs so they could be ready to commence work immediately on the C63 when it arrived.

He knew our shop had changed hours and were no longer working Saturdays, and he also knew that we were going to be at limited capacity after 5 pm that day due to a prior engagement. The work order did state that the customer was made aware of the no-Saturday policy change, and that any incomplete work was to take place the next time he was here. He did pick up his car the next day, however, as we were more than willing to open up the shop's office to accomodate his pickup.

We had promised to work as hard as possible in the time constraints given (our schedules, since school's started for him, have become tough to match up), and wanted to make sure we could accomplish as much work as possible, so there wasn't as much to do the next time he was available to come through our shop, in an effort to cut down on the number of extensive trips he has to take out to us.

Due to traffic or whathaveyou, he was about 30 minutes late. We never asked that he pay for the time he was late. Never, nor did we insinuate that any sort of compensation to that degree would be an amicable conclusion.

An e-mail from one of our employees as a follow-up did request politely that he let us know when he would be running late, just so we could keep the techs busy until then, in an effort to cut down on the remaining work for the day.

We like to keep our techs busy, as we do get a fair amount of both regular maintenance and body shop work, especially towards the end of the week. The fact that he didn't let us know that he was running late did not cause a sour attitude in any of us, we were just hoping to be able to have more time to work on his car that day. With scheduling being the way it is during the school year, our goal is to keep him from having to make an excessive number of trips, as we know how precious spare time can be when there isn't a whole lot of it.

We've always appreciated his willingness to drive out to our shop, and always try to do the best for him that we can in the time given, as we do with all of our customers.

We're already talking to him offline, so for the time being, we won't step in here too much until we've worked out all the behind-the-scenes business. We just wanted to fully flesh out the story, so there aren't any misunderstandings as to our intentions or attitudes.

Matt's C63 remains one of our favorite and most prized projects, and we hold him - and all our Mercedes clients - in the highest regard.

Matt, we're sorry if you've been put off by any of our reactions, as we would much rather deal with these matters directly and personally. Let's continue to deal with this as we have, one-to-one, and once we've come to a conclusion we can put these matters to rest whereever you deem it necessary.

Until then, we'll continue to monitor this thread.
Man, between the thread monitoring here and the last "FMU fried my 63AMG" wing nut it's amazing you guys at FMU have anytime to get shop work done at all!

Respect your continual approach to these matters Too bad I wasn't able to catch up with you guys when you toured through the middle east last time.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Without reading every response, how late were you? Did you give them a courtesy call to tell them you are running X min/hours late so they can adjust their schedule with work they have lined up?

EDIT-FMU's response answered it.

Last edited by Sincity; 10-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:11 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by jrcart
Do you want the truth? People already know who you're talking about, you have harmed them and you've made yourself look like a complete idiot in the process. Here are some things you need to consider and ask yourself.

Have you attempted to discuss the problem one on one with the vendor in question?

Are the refusing to acknowledge there is any problem?

Have they offered to correct the suspension issue?

Have you received pressure from any other tuner to come out about this issue?

Can you please answer those questions for us? Thanks. If they have refused to acknowledge there's an issue or refuse to correct the issue then by all means post away, I will have your back, but if they are willing to work with you why burn a bridge??? If it is FMU I am willing to bet they are willing to work with you had they known there was an issue of some sort.
Here is my answers Jim:

Have you attempted to discuss the problem one on one with the vendor in question?
Already did, 13 days ago.

Are they refusing to acknowledge there is any problem?
No

No, because I have been to another place to get them corrected, and that's the same place where i found the wrong settings out, which will be posted. after that, my tuner said they are happy that my suspension is finally set up right, so they don't have to spend time on it anymore.

No pressure from any vendor, it is only because i care about the handling on my car very much.

FYI:
the settings on my KW V3 was:

FR:
compression 4 clicks
rebound 3 clicks

FL:
compression 12 clicks
rebound 6 clicks

RR:
compression 2 clicks
rebound unknown clicks

RL:
compression 10 clicks
rebound unknown clicks

now because of my thread, the owner of my tuner is very angry at me for bringing this thread up, which he believes my intention is to ruin his name. to be honest, that's not my intention at all. i don't want him to be disturbed, and i would to publicly apologize to fmu that:

"i didn't mean to bother you, and i didn't want to make you message around and complaint about the situation. I am sorry!"

Last edited by aznkuja328; 10-12-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: reference
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by Sincity
Without reading every response, how late were you? Did you give them a courtesy call to tell them you are running X min/hours late so they can adjust their schedule with work they have lined up?
I did, i message them every 15 mins or 30 mins.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 PM

12 M156 C204
late for 30 mins only. i told him (andrew) in advance, i never keep anyone waiting. when i went to pick up my car the next day, i had to apologize to the shop owner because she clearly stated that i was supposed to arrive at 1pm.
also they have adjusted their schedule with work they have lined up.

Originally Posted by Sincity

EDIT-FMU's response answered it.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by aznkuja328
now because of my thread, the owner of my tuner is very angry at me for bringing this thread up, which he believes my intention is to ruin his name. to be honest, that's not my intention at all. i don't want him to be disturbed, and i want to publicly apologize to fmu that:

"i didn't mean to bother you, and i didn't want to make you message around and complaint about the situation."
Matt, it's clear you misinterpreted the situation. I am not angry at you, nor do I believe your intention is to ruin our name; I never assumed that. You know we did not have the tools to go as in-depth on your suspension as you would have liked. We recommended places that we trusted to do your corner balance; instead, you chose to go to a place that we neither recommended nor are on good terms with, which is your choice as a consumer.

However, you chose to then tell us the settings that the other shop set up and sounded satisfied. After that, you backtracked and told us that you were dissatisfied with their suspension adjustment and were going to a third shop to straighten it out. We told you from the outset that you needed a proper corner balance at a shop that wasn't ours. I stand behind the settings put forth by my employees, and when I questioned my employees, they knew what the settings were off the top of their heads. We have good amounts of experience with KW v3 coilovers, and we were well aware of how to put them to your recommended settings (as lined up in an e-mail exchange between you and Andrew, prior to the warranty work done by KW).

That being said, it's possible that mistakes could have been made, but we cannot ascertain that at this point, as we weren't allowed to double-check our work, instead being told after the fact of the corner balancing. We simply charged you for installing the suspension and a rudimentary alignment to ensure your car would drive properly prior to the actual corner balancing at another shop.

Unfortunately, due to your time constraints and ours, we could not have quadruple-checked and thoroughly road-tested the vehicle as we wanted to do. Had you driven the car away and felt that something was amiss in terms of suspension work, if you would have called the shop back immediately to make mention of it, I would have come from my house to FMU to investigate it personally. We only heard about it the following week.

You don't need to apologize about making us "message around," as this is why I hired people to run this section of the business, and it's part of business in general.

I believe the miscommunication lands squarely in the realm of time. This is why we seemed panicky in regards to your arrival time; had you showed up any later, we wouldn't have been able to do anything that night, and the trip would have been for naught. We may not have thoroughly communicated to you our need to depart work at 5pm that day, and we apologize for that. I made sure two techs were available to work on your car simultaneously, despite us only ever putting one technician on a car at one time, in order to make sure that something was completed, with the KW suspension being the top priority.

Let us know what we can do to make this right for you, and we'll begin steps in that direction. We'd request that you contact us over e-mail in regards to dealing with this matter. We are unsure of what you're seeking, even after having asked you privately earlier, and want to know so we can make it right. You can text Mike Marzano or call directly to the shop if you'd like.

I did, i message them every 15 mins or 30 mins.
Andrew allowed me to go through his text messages to you, and this was the exchange in regards to arrival time:

9:47 am--

Matt: i will arrive around 3pm
Andrew: we'll see you then. let me know when you're 15 minutes away so we can get ready. we'll do everything we can in the time we have.

2:20 pm--

Andrew: still aiming for 3?
-no response-

3:02 pm--

Matt: i will go pick up the rental car first, 3:30.
Andrew: sounds good. as I said, we'll try to do everything today that we can.

And Matt arrived sometime between 3:45 and 4 pm.

As I mentioned earlier, contact us directly and let us know what will help appease the situation from our end, and we will do what we can to make it right.

Thanks,
OJ (the owner of Fluid MotorUnion)

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 10-12-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM

2012 GT-R, 2006 Lancer Evolution
LMFAO.... FMU is "mad" because you were 30 minutes late? What a joke. If you were say an hour or more late that's when they should be pisses, but 30 minutes is nothing.... And they didn't do jack on your suspension.... How do they explain that?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Sorry if I missed it but I'm still curious as to what happened to the OP's
first C63?

A couple of posts mentioned his first C63 and problems with the same company.

What happened to his first C63?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:50 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
While you guys at FMU are saying no one was "bothered" by him being late, it sure seems like you're going out of your way to make us think you have the right to be mad at him.

Text messages are personal, posting the text messages between you and a client really shows what type of business you run. Again, you're trying prove a point that supposedly didn't bother you guys

That alone makes me believe he was in fact dis-respected.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:56 PM

12 M156 C204
Matt, it's clear you misinterpreted the situation. I am not angry at you, nor do I believe your intention is to ruin our name; I never assumed that. You know we did not have the tools to go as in-depth on your suspension as you would have liked. We recommended places that we trusted to do your corner balance; instead, you chose to go to a place that we neither recommended nor are on good terms with, which is your choice as a consumer.
thanks for not being angry at me because some people told me that they have received phone calls or whatever from you and heard that you were complaining about the situation and angry at me. i don't want to be blamed or cursed.

Yes, suspension was installed, "set up", and FR toe was off after i picked my car. I needed time to understand the new weird suspension settings, and i had to return home to sleep. i couldn't believed the settings messed up until my car pulls to the right and pulls to the left randomly. i heard tires rubbings, and i had difficulties to turn on the highway smoothly because the front tires were touching front fenders.

However, you chose to then tell us the settings that the other shop set up and sounded satisfied. After that, you backtracked and told us that you were dissatisfied with their suspension adjustment and were going to a third shop to straighten it out. We told you from the outset that you needed a proper corner balance at a shop that wasn't ours. I stand behind the settings put forth by my employees, and when I questioned my employees, they knew what the settings were off the top of their heads. We have good amounts of experience with KW v3 coilovers, and we were well aware of how to put them to your recommended settings (as lined up in an e-mail exchange between you and Andrew, prior to the warranty work done by KW).

You recommended a nice jdm place for me to take care of the corner balance on my own, but i probably have my rights to bring my car to else where who can professional set up track/ race suspensions right?

i have gone with the shop, vs motorsports, who doesn't hate you guys at all. my first response received from you guys right after we found out the settings was "VS hated us. We swear we have done nothing wrong." Should andrew reply me an email that i have waited since 7am this morning? instead of posting everything online here, can we deal privately?

my suspension if they could have been set up correctly, i wouldn't have spent 17 months to mess around with the settings, heights, warranty, whatever, and finally met vs motorsports who got them fixed in 3 hours. they expertise in race prep and suspension set ups. i have left the left and right rear rebound settings untouched, i will have an independent shop checked it up, probably fall-line motorsports. if i find out anything, i will report to fmu directly.

my other question is, was my suspension being set up purposely like that?

i told you i am not satisfied with vs because i don't want you guys to feel embarrassed as i believe this is what a long term customer should do, comfort the tuner and contribute to the tuner.

You have no tools for corner balance doesn't mean compression and rebound can be set up incorrectly that way.

That being said, it's possible that mistakes could have been made, but we cannot ascertain that at this point, as we weren't allowed to double-check our work, instead being told after the fact of the corner balancing. We simply charged you for installing the suspension and a rudimentary alignment to ensure your car would drive properly prior to the actual corner balancing at another shop.

Unfortunately, due to your time constraints and ours, we could not have quadruple-checked and thoroughly road-tested the vehicle as we wanted to do. Had you driven the car away and felt that something was amiss in terms of suspension work, if you would have called the shop back immediately to make mention of it, I would have come from my house to FMU to investigate it personally. We only heard about it the following week.

You don't need to apologize about making us "message around," as this is why I hired people to run this section of the business, and it's part of business in general.

I believe the miscommunication lands squarely in the realm of time. This is why we seemed panicky in regards to your arrival time; had you showed up any later, we wouldn't have been able to do anything that night, and the trip would have been for naught. We may not have thoroughly communicated to you our need to depart work at 5pm that day, and we apologize for that. I made sure two techs were available to work on your car simultaneously, despite us only ever putting one technician on a car at one time, in order to make sure that something was completed, with the KW suspension being the top priority.
True

Let us know what we can do to make this right for you, and we'll begin steps in that direction. We'd request that you contact us over e-mail in regards to dealing with this matter. We are unsure of what you're seeking, even after having asked you privately earlier, and want to know so we can make it right. You can text Mike Marzano or call directly to the shop if you'd like.
Thanks

Andrew allowed me to go through his text messages to you, and this was the exchange in regards to arrival time:

9:47 am--

Matt: i will arrive around 3pm
Andrew: we'll see you then. let me know when you're 15 minutes away so we can get ready. we'll do everything we can in the time we have.

2:20 pm--

Andrew: still aiming for 3?
-no response-

3:02 pm--

Matt: i will go pick up the rental car first, 3:30.
Andrew: sounds good. as I said, we'll try to do everything today that we can.

And Matt arrived sometime between 3:45 and 4 pm.
Have you asked me for my permission to public posting my personal express on words that is being sent to people who are not you??

what do you mean by no response? when i am driving my car but not holding the phone? you are sounding a little bit selfish to me. No reply and i replied you at 3:02??? and because i was late? i was told that the shop closes at 7pm, but your mum told me you guys left at 5pm.

i am being blamed for being late again.

i have started to contact you guys two days ago sir!!!

PS. i see your point now, trying to discredit me. by the way, thanks for letting me acknowledge that you knew that i was there since you didn't look at me at all.

As I mentioned earlier, contact us directly and let us know what will help appease the situation from our end, and we will do what we can to make it right.

Thanks,
OJ (the owner of Fluid MotorUnion)
been talking to andrew for two days through emails, nothing satisfactory has been agreed, and i was promised a reply by email this morning. it's 14:21pm now, and i have spent hours to wait for fmu's reply, so your time worth money and trust, but not on my side??

Last edited by aznkuja328; 10-12-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: fluency
Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 PM

12 M156 C204
fluid: i am heading out to school now for some research projects, so i can't reply you publicly until i return home, sorry about that.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Here is my answers Jim:

Already did, 13 days ago.

Are they refusing to acknowledge there is any problem?
No

No, because I have been to another place to get them corrected, and that's the same place where i found the wrong settings out, which will be posted. after that, my tuner said they are happy that my suspension is finally set up right, so they don't have to spend time on it anymore.

No pressure from any vendor, it is only because i care about the handling on my car very much.

FYI:
the settings on my KW V3 was:

FR:
compression 4 clicks
rebound 3 clicks

FL:
compression 12 clicks
rebound 6 clicks

RR:
compression 2 clicks
rebound unknown clicks

RL:
compression 10 clicks
rebound unknown clicks

now because of my thread, the owner of my tuner is very angry at me for bringing this thread up, which he believes my intention is to ruin his name. to be honest, that's not my intention at all. i don't want him to be disturbed, and i would to publicly apologize to fmu that:

"i didn't mean to bother you, and i didn't want to make you message around and complaint about the situation. I am sorry!"
Thanks for your responce but I still don't understand. What was wrong with your suspension??? KW V3's are fully adjustable and there is not just one single "correct" setting. They should be set to your driving style and road/track conditions. Anyone that tells you there is a "correct" setting is an IDIOT!. A set -up that works for me might not work for you, different driving and braking styles(I trail brake alot so I need firmer front settings) than you might. Please tell me the name of the tuner that said your setting were wrong so I can give them a clinic on suspension set up. Unless you had wheels rubbing fenders or fender wells there's no such thing as a "correct" set-up. Just goes to show you what people don't know.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Before I go into the retorts, I want to say that this is not the direction we would have ever wanted this to go, nor would we have let it go this way had we been able to come to a conclusion faster. But that being said, it's only fair to present our retorts:

thanks for not being angry at me because some people told me that they have received phone calls or whatever from you and heard that you were complaining about the situation and angry at me. i don't want to be blamed or cursed.
I'm not angry, nor was I ever. Not sure who called you regarding that, but those are not my true feelings.

Yes, suspension was installed, "set up", and FR toe was off after i picked my car. I needed time to understand the new weird suspension settings, and i had to return home to sleep. i couldn't believed the settings messed up until my car pulls to the right and pulls to the left randomly. i heard tires rubbings, and i had difficulties to turn on the highway smoothly because the front tires were touching front fenders.
As I mentioned, we don't have a rack, so we set it up to the best of our ability. At no point when the car was being moved on our lot post-install did we experience fender rubbing, especially at angles that would constitute turning on the highway. But that's neither here nor there, as it's been stated already. If you feel our job was unsatisfactory to your standards, we will gladly refund you for the price you paid for the suspension install.

You recommended a nice jdm place for me to take care of the corner balance on my own, but i probably have my rights to bring my car to else where who can professional set up track/ race suspensions right?
As I mentioned, you do have the right to bring it anywhere, it's your right as a consumer. [The JDM tuner - edited to remove name] has their own shop-sponsored Global Time Attack cars, and given their extensive experience on the track, we felt it was a good place to recommend, as we have heard nothing but outstanding experiences regarding that shop and the work they do on race-oriented vehicles. We've dealt with them before as well, and they've been nothing short of awesome.

i have gone with the shop, vs motorsports, who doesn't hate you guys at all. my first response received from you guys right after we found out the settings was "VS hated us. We swear we have done nothing wrong." Should andrew reply me an email that i have waited since 7am this morning? instead of posting everything online here, can we deal privately?
We never mentioned who the other shop was, and if you're going to bring them into this, we feel it only fair to repeat your recantation of the experience as you told it to us, because what you told us and what you've said here don't exactly line up. We will not make mention of it again, as you said it and it's your call to do so; we feel that out of fairness to us and to our side, though, it's the right thing to do.

my suspension if they could have been set up correctly, i wouldn't have 17 months to get them set up right. vs motorsports. expertises in race prep and suspension set ups. i have left and right rear rebound untouched, i will have an independent shop checked it up, probably fall-line motorsports. if i find out anything, i will report to fmu directly.
We told you that any suspension settings put in place by us (correct or incorrect, at this point that's moot) would probably be changed during the corner balancing, as that's the purpose of corner balancing. It would be impossible for either of us to guess the correct settings without actually getting it hooked up to the proper machinery. Let us know what happens with the third shop.

my other question is, was my suspension being set up purposely like that?
No, no, never, no, and frankly I'm a bit offended that you would even think that would do anything to your vehicle that would put you or anybody riding with you at even a slight degree of risk. We remain confident that we put the car at the settings that you requested to us, in the e-mail you supplied to Andrew. If mistakes were made, then so be it, and as I mentioned we're willing to refund you the cost of the suspension installation.

i told you i am not satisfied with vs because i don't want you guys to feel embarrassed as i believe this is what a long term customer should do, comfort the tuner and contribute to the tuner.
A long-term customer would know by now that we appreciate honesty and straightforwardness, as it cuts down on the bureaucratic back-and-forth process. I appreciate that your goal was to keep us happy, but in all honesty, we should be the ones keeping you happy.

Have you asked me for my permission to public posting my personal express on words that is being sent to people who are not you??
If you were engaging in conversation with Andrew, through any means, he's an employee under my supervision, and I do have the ability to ask for his text messages regarding work. He, however, submitted them willingly. Given that you do not talk on the phone, text messages and e-mail are the main sources of correspondence we have with you. Are we then to keep quiet and not give a retort with evidence, without your express permission?

I also feel it necessary to say that we did not post a screenshot of the texts, because we only included the snippets of the messages that were pertinent to this matter and this matter alone; the rest remains private.

We have tried to reach an amicable conclusion, and will continue to do so until one is reached, but we feel that we are now in a position that requires us to cite evidence as part of a retort to show both sides of the story. We are all in favor of trying to make you happy however we can, but you doing what we were scolded for doing (bringing conversations from the private sphere into the public eye) makes us feel it necessary to do so as well. I just want you to see the logic I'm operating under; my goal is not to undermine your privacy or anything to that degree.

what do you mean by no response? when i am driving my car but not holding the phone? you are sounding a little bit selfish to me. No reply and i replied you at 3:02??? and because i was late? i was told that the shop closes at 7pm, but your mum told me you guys left at 5pm.

i am being blamed for being late again.
As I mentioned in the prior post, if there was any miscommunication between us and you regarding closing time on Friday, I apologize. We are not blaming you for being late, as everybody runs late at some point in time, but we would have appreciated a heads up prior to two minutes after you said you would arrive, for the reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

i have started to contact you guys two days ago sir!!!
And we have been in constant contact with you since then. You can't refute that.

PS. i see your point now, trying to discredit me. by the way, thanks for letting me acknowledge that you knew that i was there since you didn't look at me at all.[/COLOR]
I am not trying to discredit you, I am merely stating what happened from our perspective, as I feel it's allowable to do so.

While I will apologize for not expressly coming over and chatting you up, I am also in charge of running a business, and I employ people to talk to my clients when I am incapable of doing so. It was a highly stressful day and I was working as quickly as I could to keep the pace up in service, as we were down a couple techs and I'm the fill-in when that happens.

been talking to andrew for two days through emails, no solution comes out, and i was promised a reply by email this morning. it's 14:21pm now, and i have spent hours to wait for your reply, are there labor hours?
Andrew has been working closely with me on both this forum post and the one in the "other" forum, and as a result has not had time to sit down and write a response to you yet. Given his workload today, I will talk about the points of that e-mail with Mike Marzano, and anything you need regarding current conversations with Andrew can be accomplished through Mike. I'm sorry that he hasn't gotten to you yet, and he apologizes as well.

We also feel it necessary to once again thank you for allowing us to be a part of everything we have so far, in regards to your vehicle. We stand behind the work that has been performed up to this date, and will still stand behind you as a client, as long as you wish to remain one. The current actions just don't seem to point out that you want to reach a quick and fair agreement with us. You know how to reach us via calling or texting.

Last edited by FluidMotorUnion; 10-12-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: edited to remove improper color tags. also for elaboration.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
Sounding like DIVAs
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Thanks for your responce but I still don't understand. What was wrong with your suspension??? KW V3's are fully adjustable and there is not just one single "correct" setting. They should be set to your driving style and road/track conditions. Anyone that tells you there is a "correct" setting is an IDIOT!. A set -up that works for me might not work for you, different driving and braking styles(I trail brake alot so I need firmer front settings) than you might. Please tell me the name of the tuner that said your setting were wrong so I can give them a clinic on suspension set up. Unless you had wheels rubbing fenders or fender wells there's no such thing as a "correct" set-up. Just goes to show you what people don't know.
I think the OP mentioned there was fender rubbing.

Fluids comments regarding any rubbing.
As I mentioned, we don't have a rack, so we set it up to the best of our ability. At no point when the car was being moved on our lot post-install did we experience fender rubbing, especially at angles that would constitute turning on the highway. But that's neither here nor there, as it's been stated already. If you feel our job was unsatisfactory to your standards, we will gladly refund you for the price you paid for the suspension install.
Sorry, not picking sides here but moving the car on your lot is not the
same as highway driving but at least your offering a refund.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM

12 M156 C204
Before I go into the retorts, I want to say that this is not the direction we would have ever wanted this to go, nor would we have let it go this way had we been able to come to a conclusion faster. But that being said, it's only fair to present our retorts:

I'm not angry, nor was I ever. Not sure who called you regarding that, but those are not my true feelings.

Thanks but why do you think i deserve a refund?

As I mentioned, you do have the right to bring it anywhere, it's your right as a consumer. [The JDM tuner - edited to remove name] has their own shop-sponsored
Global Time Attack
Why didn't you remove this name too? cars, and given their extensive experience on the track, we felt it was a good place to recommend, as we have heard nothing but outstanding experiences regarding that shop and the work they do on race-oriented vehicles. We've dealt with them before as well, and they've been nothing short of awesome.
track records or experience?

We never mentioned who the other shop was, and if you're going to bring them into this, we feel it only fair to repeat your recantation of the experience as you told it to us, because what you told us and what you've said here don't exactly line up. We will not make mention of it again, as you said it and it's your call to do so; we feel that out of fairness to us and to our side, though, it's the right thing to do.
i don't mean to bring them into this or else people will claim that i am lying and not being honest.

We told you that any suspension settings put in place by us (correct or incorrect, at this point that's moot) would probably be changed during the corner balancing, as that's the purpose of corner balancing. It would be impossible for either of us to guess the correct settings without actually getting it hooked up to the proper machinery. Let us know what happens with the third shop.
completely not related to compression and rebound settings

No, no, never, no, and frankly I'm a bit offended that you would even think that would do anything to your vehicle that would put you or anybody riding with you at even a slight degree of risk. We remain confident that we put the car at the settings that you requested to us, in the e-mail you supplied to Andrew. If mistakes were made, then so be it, and as I mentioned we're willing to refund you the cost of the suspension installation.
i dont really care about the refund, so "so be it will be the answer"? but you distrust and discredit me, and make me look like an idiot

A long-term customer would know by now that we appreciate honesty and straightforwardness, as it cuts down on the bureaucratic back-and-forth process. I appreciate that your goal was to keep us happy, but in all honesty, we should be the ones keeping you happy.
does this mean i am not honest??

If you were engaging in conversation with Andrew, through any means, he's an employee under my supervision, and I do have the ability to ask for his text messages regarding work. He, however, submitted them willingly. Given that you do not talk on the phone, text messages and e-mail are the main sources of correspondence we have with you. Are we then to keep quiet and not give a retort with evidence, without your express permission?
thanks for proving that i was late. personal expressions even in words are copy righted and there is another term to better explain it, which is something related to privacy or intellectual property. i have tons of professors taught me that. it was a conversation between me and andrew, also i am not anyone under your umbrella.

I also feel it necessary to say that we did not post a screenshot of the texts, because we only included the snippets of the messages that were pertinent to this matter and this matter alone; the rest remains private.
an intellectual property has been copied? lets forget about this privacy thing.

We have tried to reach an amicable conclusion, and will continue to do so until one is reached, but we feel that we are now in a position that requires us to cite evidence as part of a retort to show both sides of the story. We are all in favor of trying to make you happy however we can, but you doing what we were scolded for doing (bringing conversations from the private sphere into the public eye) makes us feel it necessary to do so as well. I just want you to see the logic I'm operating under; my goal is not to undermine your privacy or anything to that degree.
so there's no way to make a conclusion? i thought andrew was solving it out with me? i didn't intentionally bring everything out to the public, i was only asking: "how to please a tuner to like me better" and now am i being accused of making a tread from freedom of speech?

As I mentioned in the prior post, if there was any miscommunication between us and you regarding closing time on Friday, I apologize. We are not blaming you for being late, as everybody runs late at some point in time, but we would have appreciated a heads up prior to two minutes after you said you would arrive, for the reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

And we have been in constant contact with you since then. You can't refute that.

I am not trying to discredit you, I am merely stating what happened from our perspective, as I feel it's allowable to do so.

While I will apologize for not expressly coming over and chatting you up, I am also in charge of running a business, and I employ people to talk to my clients when I am incapable of doing so. It was a highly stressful day and I was working as quickly as I could to keep the pace up in service, as we were down a couple techs and I'm the fill-in when that happens.

Andrew has been working closely with me on both this forum post and the one in the "other" forum, and as a result has not had time to sit down and write a response to you yet. Given his workload today, I will talk about the points of that e-mail with Mike Marzano, and anything you need regarding current conversations with Andrew can be accomplished through Mike. I'm sorry that he hasn't gotten to you yet, and he apologizes as well.
it is 15:48, and i have been expecting an email since 8 am

We also feel it necessary to once again thank you for allowing us to be a part of everything we have so far, in regards to your vehicle. We stand behind the work that has been performed up to this date, and will still stand behind you as a client, as long as you wish to remain one. The current actions just don't seem to point out that you want to reach a quick and fair agreement with us. You know how to reach us via calling or texting.
no problem, but you are wrong, i want a fair and quick agreement which is not only fair to you, but also to me.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by PetroC63
I think the OP mentioned there was fender rubbing.

Fluids comments regarding any rubbing.

Sorry, not picking sides here but moving the car on your lot is not the
same as highway driving but at least your offering a refund.
Good, call I missed that part of the post. Shame on me I stand to be corrected. Rubbng is an issue, but a very simple fix with a spanner wrench will fix the problem in less than 10 minutes.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
FMU why would you pull your techs off a job to wait for aznkuja328? Who knows, maybe he got pulled over by the cops or he had a flat tire and couldn't make it.
If someone tells me they are on they're way I don't stop everything im doing and wait for him. If he shows up on time, great. If his a late while your on a job then tell him to wait for a little longer. Plus whats a 1/2 hour gonna do to you? If im diriving from 250 miles away and I was only 1/2 hour late Id say I made some pretty good timing.
Being an hour late or 1.5 hours without informing anybody is a different story.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:58 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
You must have missed the different compression/rebound settings between right side and left side. The car must have felt weird transferring weight in corners.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion

No offense but how would corner balancing going to "help" the fact that you guys did a crap suspension adjustment or whatever Matt was there for? 90% of people won't even notice the difference between a corner balanced car and non corner balanced car as you usually have to be hauling *** around a track to notice. So the fact that your blaming the adjustments on your end on a corner balance is wrong?

Corner balancing doesn't mess with any of the adjustments you should've made or in this case didn't make but told him you made it.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I bet FMUs mom runs the whole show
Old 10-12-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by BerBer63
that's why they aren't open on saturdays anymore...chores and learning how to actually tune a car...
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by BerBer63
Lol, that's true isn't it?
I heard the same thing.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
I was just quoting my inner kevin dillon (bunny)
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Found reviews about FMU from another forum.

The negative
http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/loca...xperience.html

The positive
http://www.euroteknik.com/forum/loca...nfield-il.html

Last edited by _AMG_; 10-12-2011 at 05:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wasted tuner's time??