C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why WAS THE FLUID MOTOR UNION THREAD CLOSED.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
You cannot have this much bad attention without most of it being true in my opinion based on a google search of older reviews. Good thing I never dealt with them and never will...
Old 10-15-2011, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by BerBer63
You cannot have this much bad attention without most of it being true in my opinion based on a google search of older reviews. Good thing I never dealt with them and never will...

Thank you ur one of the few that get the point of thos thread i didnt out this thread up here to bash fmu i put it up cause of the bad experiance i gpt from them and would hate to see someone else fall in same situation i did
Old 10-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Slightly off-topic... but what is it with rants that people don't bother structuring their post with paragraph breaks?

Make your point coherently and more folks just might read it.

Subscribed.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 p30 mars red
I find it interesting that the last three guys claiming to have been abused by FMU have not chimed in to support the other two. So far none have produced a receipt or any pics of the damages. Very strange?? What is obivious FMU needs to do some self reflection ---- seem to have pissed off some people.

Last edited by jim07; 10-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
^ or someone
Old 10-16-2011, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by jrcart
I stopped by FMU this morning and took a look at their SEMA project car...just wait til you guys see this thing...awesome! It should set the record straight on the quality of work FMU turns out of their shop.
Are you talking about the Battleship Grey CLKBS with ADV.1 wheels?
If so, that thing is f***ing SICK!!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 AM

AMG
jrcart @ fanboy

You guy can't just stop bashing M_P ? Didn't replied to you on BB because of those stupid reputation rules.

But sir , damn you are such an idiot....
Old 10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
So i take it no one saw the picture of the s4 half way off the dyno right?
Old 10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
That's good and all but i think everyone iswaiting to see your grinded down steering knuckle, hammered down headers and blown up motor.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:01 PM

GT3
Straps break, whats your point.... I have seen multiple strap failures in my day. To think you can strap a 4000 pound vehicle to the ground that makes 400-500-plus whp and then go WOT throttle with never ever encountering an issue is an idiot.... Your latest rant is ridiculous and still waiting for the other info...
Old 10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Kaiba
jrcart @ fanboy

You guy can't just stop bashing M_P ? Didn't replied to you on BB because of those stupid reputation rules.

But sir , damn you are such an idiot....
Fanboy???? Not quite, I have never purchased anything from them. I can just see when somebody is getting railroaded and FMU is getting bombarded by BS right now, its a shame.

As for the idiot comment, I'm not going to let that get to me either, you're the idiot.

For the record, I am not bashing MHP. They are doing a good enough job of that on their own.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Are you talking about the Battleship Grey CLKBS with ADV.1 wheels?
If so, that thing is f***ing SICK!!
Yes...that color is awesome isn't it? You should se the car now.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fail bro...just give up. Dyno straps break once in a while, hell dynos break once in a while...shtt happens. You play you pay.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Originally Posted by melmanc55

You should have chimed in on the last thread about FMU numnuts....now you start another one with an issue that you have already brought up? Take it up with them privately

Old 10-16-2011, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Yes...that color is awesome isn't it? You should se the car now.
Ya, very sick color!
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by Rsquad911
That's good and all but i think everyone iswaiting to see your grinded down steering knuckle, hammered down headers and blown up motor.
Here are some pics of the headers steering knuckle i don't have a picture of cause you know i lied about that one to. Or maybe we can get fluid on here to question about that and i will have a invoice of my recipt on the 2nd hand motor that was put in my car as well as the invoice for the work that was performed at f.m.u.

its obvious the secondary pipes were heated and hammered back because they were rubbing up against my steering knuckle. And For those who think i should have keep this private and confidential i did for a year up until i saw a thread with f.m.u and mention of my situation in it, and if im lying about that as well you can ask F.M.U about that as well.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
ill bet someone on here will turn those pics in to some B.S and make me a liar "Again" lol. So go ahead and lay it on me i cant wait.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Dude, I am sorry that you had that happen to you. Sucks to trust a shop and have them rig it to work/fit. Thats some ghetto craftmanship and install...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Thanks for the pics.
Hopefully FMU can chime in and give us some more info.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Dude, I am sorry that you had that happen to you. Sucks to trust a shop and have them rig it to work/fit. Thats some ghetto craftmanship and install...
Thats all i wanted to point out. I did'nt come on here trying to stir the pot and talk bad about a company for no apparent reason.

Originally Posted by _AMG_
Thanks for the pics.
Hopefully FMU can chime in and give us some more info.
And if saltydizzle who is a forum member on here who purchased E55 has the car would be willing to take pics of the steering knuckle from underneath the vehicle you could clearly see the knuckle had been grinded down. But unfortunately i never took pictures of that at the time.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Waiting on FMU......
This definitely needs some explaining.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 W211 E55K, GL550
Just a FYI F.M.U bought back the headers only after i blew my motor and noticed the header was mangled like this and again i have never posted pics of this till today. But my question is why were these ever put on my vehicle at any point in time, is what i never understood.

Last edited by bnzuovr; 10-17-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Just a FYI F.M.U bought back the headers only after i blew my motor and noticed the header was mangled like this and again i have never posted pics of this till today. But my question is why were these ever put on my vehicle at any point in time, is what i never understood.
Any more details on the blown motor?
What caused it, etc...
Old 10-17-2011, 05:23 PM

e550
Hey,

I have been reading this forum for a while now, as I’m interested in purchasing a C63. I thought I would look into reliability issues before I took the plunge. For this reason I have not had a reason to sign up, but after reading this thread I thought it would be a good idea for me to sign up, chime in, perhaps offer some advise and point a few things out to the OP.

Bnzuovr, firstly I would like to say I’m sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your motor. I read your original thread from the link above and it seems that you are perhaps thinking the O2 sensor mix up may have caused damage to your engine. I was quite shocked to see that there was no one either qualified or knowledgeable that chimed in and stated the obvious. O2 sensors on nearly all factory vehicles are only used to regulate a Lambda 1, which is an air fuel ratio of 14.7 (stoichiometric). This is purely for emissions purposes. O2 sensors on factory vehicles are mostly used to control fuel trims at idle and part throttle driving. This is known as “Closed Loop” control. Once the vehicle is at full throttle and high load, it will then switch to “Open Loop,” which in simple terms means the engine management control unit no longer uses O2 sensor signals to control fuel.

So, the first point I am trying to make is that engines will very rarely go wrong at part throttle driving. Damage is almost always likely to happen in full throttle, high load situations. At that point, the O2 sensors may as well not be there, because they play no part in fuel control. So you can most definitely cross this one off your list of potential culprits.

I was trying to find a very good write up by Toyota that I once found on the web, but cannot seem to find it. However, I did find a site that is talking about a Motronic control unit found on a Porsche. You will clearly see that these also do not use lambda values to correct fuel at WOT: www.motronic.ws/lambda.htm

I can find some more if you like. But generally, if you google open loop/closed loop control, you will quickly see for yourself.

Now I am no expert, I certainly do not know exactly what went wrong, but let’s just say that hypothetically it was a bad “tune” (I prefer Engine Calibration) according to this post: https://mbworld.org/forums/4409695-post10.html You have said that the tuning was NOT done by Fluid Motor Union but by another tuner. So if this is the case, and let’s again say it was a bad calibration, then how are they to be blamed if they did not do the tuning?

Please forgive me if it seems that I am siding with one party, I am only telling you how I see it.

Lastly, I have always wondered why people are very surprised when a engine fails due to tuning and pushing the vehicle further than the manufacturers intended. Like dude come on? Especially when the engine is old, in an old car, most likely with a couple of owners previous to your self. Who’s to know what kind of life the engine has had, what kind of driving it has done and what care was taken… Engines can go bad in stock form, I should know as I see them all the time at my work. And some of these engines go bad with no explanation as to why?

Anyhow, I hope you have better luck with the new motor…
Old 10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Here are some pics of the headers steering knuckle i don't have a picture of cause you know i lied about that one to. Or maybe we can get fluid on here to question about that and i will have a invoice of my recipt on the 2nd hand motor that was put in my car as well as the invoice for the work that was performed at f.m.u.

its obvious the secondary pipes were heated and hammered back because they were rubbing up against my steering knuckle. And For those who think i should have keep this private and confidential i did for a year up until i saw a thread with f.m.u and mention of my situation in it, and if im lying about that as well you can ask F.M.U about that as well.
Finally some pics!

Thanks for the heads up.
Although I have not dealt with them... From all the posts and bad press I see just Google searching (real or fake) I know I for one will not be a purchaser of FMU products.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why WAS THE FLUID MOTOR UNION THREAD CLOSED.