C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Stopped Ticking/Clicking & Now You Are Whining! What's wrong C63?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
Thanks again Jeff M. I got the car back tonight, and I have to say the transmission is pulling higher revs longer in Sport Mode than it used to and is more responsive than before but by not much. Also the car holds the gears longer when decelerating but it lost a bit of that blipping action which is not a huge deal. The exhaust sound has also changed a bit (I notice it all).

Service was great in the fact that they did all the repairs necessary and didn't drive it too much either. 9 miles is what I calculated which I think is alright.

Also the noise is finally gone, but I'm keeping a close ear because the ticking/clicking did not occur according to them and after reading about the pulley noise and clicking issues others had, I doubt I'm getting away with it for too long.

The only thing that I didn't like from my experience was that they went ahead and used dirty cloths and quick detailer to clean the car which created nothing but swirls all over the paint which I spent years getting rid of myself (lots of hard hours and sweat). Also they went ahead and charged $70 for wipers that do not even match the car. So overall I'm happy that the major issues were addressed but it's in the minor details that they messed up in. It's not that big of a deal but it just means I'll have to take it in again after it had been there for a few days.
Now, we got details, liking it!! Might also serve members here like you who are in need of the same info and find you covered so much of what they are looking for, like the pulley and clicking issues. Not that everyone will have it, at least those that might, or do will find an answer here, and a direction on what to do .

Since the programming starts out how ever is what is felt a baseline for all things to be lets say; tuned and balanced, it then is up to how you like to drive where it will further adapts itself, if you drive aggressive, it will tailor is programming to suit, but if your normal driving is more relaxed, it will move towards settings that suit that. So, what you feel today, might change after driving for a while. But I think we are more concerned there are no problems, which sounds like that has been addressed with the tranny work.

9 miles is not bad, glad to hear that. But as is often the case, the laborer that is hired to do the many less technical things around the dealer like installing carpet and seat protectors before moving cars from the writing bay to the parking lot, and all sorts of simple tasks, is often part of the wash crew , that has no idea of vehicle paint finishes and proper care, seen it all too often at all kinds of dealers, I always insist they do not wash my car, has gotten to be my practice, rather they did give me a filthy car than risk the same problem you found, that live and learn motto. Should they be better, you bet, but I cannot spend my whole life telling companies how to run their damn businesses LOL. I do mention it to my service writer, but still pass on things like a wash, and that damn wet tire dressing dripping off my tires that ends up all over the side of the car by the time you get home, and find its all over the rims and has collected the usually brake dust that makes for an insane mess to clean, but don’t get me started!!

I am right there with you one any other noises, aware my engine might be that way too someday, and am ready to (especially while under warranty), jump on it with no letting up that I want a resolve. Even if they insist no issue while under warranty, there will be a record of your complaint, so when it’s out of warranty and it becomes a blatant issue they finally acknowledge, they still have to fix it at no cost!

New different wipers, I will keep an eye out for that happening, sorry you had to be the one to find this out for us, could be the dealer changed brands from OEM to something else, not sure why, could be the cost of OEM on owner’s bills was ending up with shock/negative response too often, so they found a version from the aftermarket (still are big players like Bosch, Anco etc) that was less money so their finally bill to the customer was not as bad. I hope they are not bright red, ricers would like them on your car then LOL.

Final words, noise is gone, excellent (and for anyone else coming here with questions on the same), that means I can quit making my noises here too for a while if you car behaves now .