C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CA Ticket/Citation experts, help please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63, 2000 Nissan Maxima
CA Ticket/Citation experts, help please...

I think this is a good thing, but I am not sure, so I figured ill ask

Mid September I received my first moving violation in the C after 2 years of ownership (and got pulled over for the first time in 9+ years actually) - but I just figured it was about time and took the ticket

i was in Alhambra at the time and clocked me at 85 mph

the officer actually forgot to return my license and it showed up in the mail 2 days later

i waited for 3-4 weeks for my notice to arrive in the mail and it still has not shown up

i tried to call the court but they only have automated system so I cant ask any questions

I went to the courts online page and entered my Drivers License #, shows no citations
I entered the Citation #, and theres no record of it

did i just get uber lucky?

thank you!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
im not a cali expert but ive had this happen before. i thought they just lost it. nope they sent a warrant for my arrest a few months later. i just got a traffic attorney explained my case and got it dropped.

what happened was, they sent the ticket to the wrong court. i kept calling to get the court date verification but they kept telling me they had no record of it. go get some answers first....i know you said you couldnt get ahold of anyone but you just need to try harder.

always remember, the law doesnt care about you or your safty, it cares about the revenue from tickets. it will show up but they wont care if it was their fault things got messed up. it will be your fault in the end if you dont get it figured out. last thing you want is to get another ticket and end up in jail cause of a warrant.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
If you signed the ticket you've made a promise to appear within a specific time limit (usually 21 days). It does not matter that additional information has not been sent to you. They can issue a bench warrant but usually won't bother sending someone to find you. However the next time you get stopped, you'll be arrested and detained. You cannot use the lack of information in their system as a defense, but if you can print it out to show a judge just in case. Play it safe and go to the court clerk and get a written acknowlegment that you appeared.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Once a ticket/citation is signed......there is no getting out. Kind of like a terrible marriage certificate....
Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Ok sounds good.. Thanks guys
Thanks for the input
Old 11-01-2011, 01:13 PM

C63
The only thing I can think of is if you received a personal envelope mail to you with your original white/pink ticket (CHP's copy) without any DMV attachment to it. Because that's when you know the cop was dickin' with you. This happened to me. I asked my friend who's a lawyer about this and he said to not worry about it. I called my insurance as well to verify and no pts were recorded. And, I signed for 3 infractions: speeding, cutting a vehicle off, and no seatbelt (haha, I had my seatbalt on, I swear! I took it off when I got pulled over.). I must say I was pretty darn lucky.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by lyyca
The only thing I can think of is if you received a personal envelope mail to you with your original white/pink ticket (CHP's copy) without any DMV attachment to it. Because that's when you know the cop was dickin' with you. This happened to me. I asked my friend who's a lawyer about this and he said to not worry about it. I called my insurance as well to verify and no pts were recorded. And, I signed for 3 infractions: speeding, cutting a vehicle off, and no seatbelt (haha, I had my seatbalt on, I swear! I took it off when I got pulled over.). I must say I was pretty darn lucky.
That would be a nice outcome.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
sorry to hi-jack but has anybody used "trial by written declaration" and actually won? tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Went to the courthouse and it is in the system... So I'm gonna schedule a court date and see if they will reduce the fine at least, comes out to about 300 with traffic school

As for as trial by declaration, a family friend tried and won, my mom tried and was denied.. I don't remember what the violations were though
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2011 C63 P31 2015 BMW X5M Schwarz Einhorn w/Bootmod3
Originally Posted by danlnyc
sorry to hi-jack but has anybody used "trial by written declaration" and actually won? tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
I used trial by written declaration and won in June. I was caught doing 51mph in a 35 zone here in LA. Ticketkick.com offered me a money back guarranty if I didn't win my case too. YMMV...
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by danlnyc
http://blog.motorists.org/trial-by-d...oing-to-court/