Raced This Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 AM
RL1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG C63 Affalterbach Edition
ooo i have an R8 story...

I was taking a girl from work for a spin and she said that she had been sky diving etc. and is not scared of driving fast. ok

as luck would have it, i spotted an R8..we catch up to him and we both end up at the light. i dont say anything to him, but it was "obvious" what was gonna happen when the light turns green

so we both take off...we were neck and neck (I might have been ahead) and then two stupid pedestrians decide to jay walk in our paths (granted a block away) so we slammed on our brakes..the pedestrians saw / HEARD us coming so they jumped back on the sidewalk and we gunned it again! we reached the next light at the same time. then the audi turned right and drove off. I am SURE i would have had him to the next light.

a BMW 3 series, who was behind us when we started, finally caught up to me and rolled down his window to tell me "too bad he chickened out" LMAO! he then told me that the guy behind me could give me a run for my money...lo and behold, a CLS! I told him i dont race other AMGs or Mercs out of respect.

Last edited by RL1; 11-16-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
I've owned both the C63 and an R8. Even though their straight line speed is pretty much neck and neck, there's just no comparing these two cars. They're built for entirely different purposes.