C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor left a note on my windshield...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
lol good job
Old 11-20-2011, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Jeffield
Actually, I still wouldn't call someone wrong. I would call them wrong if they are not doing something about it and being obnoxious. To this date we don't know enough about the OP's state laws and how "legal" would be.

When I was a kid my neighbors would come and Bitc..h me out and say that I was playing basketball at 6:30 at night is too late in my neighbor hood and gave me crap for it everyday.

Does that make me wrong? Although its causing a problem doesnt make me wrong.

The thing is we don't know enough and you're not going to guess this... if there is an issue the neighbor can do this... Call the police... if they find something wrong then get it dealt with....

But in this case I think he is at a point where no one is wrong and it should just be resolved mutually.

I think this scenario is the most ideal way it should happen... the neighbor suggested a way to resolve it and OP will follow but perhaps this will still wake the neighbor up, but if I was the neighbor I would realize that he is trying and they will slowly figure out a way to resolve it. But if the neighbor came up to me and told me to get rid of it and that I am wrong for getting it.. then fk you..

I personally have a loud exhaust and in my street there are more than 2 different cars that are like this... my neighbor said I was too loud coming home at 4 am and I can't do anything about it.. but I try my best not to... my neighbor realized i am trying and changed his attitude and we figure out a way to fix this..... in the end we are talking and happy with each other.

I think that is the best way of solving something maturely.
I get what you are saying Jeffield and you make some very good points.

First, the basketball issue was unreasonable of your neighbors... there is a tolerance threshold everyone needs to have and playing basketball should not exceed that for anyone. If it does then the neighbors are being unreasonable. I think almost everyone would agree with that and, IMO, if society as a whole would feel it is reasonable (which they would in this example) that is a good gauge. I know lots of people feel like they should be able to do whatever they like but the reality is we live in a society with a wide range of beliefs and opinions of what is right and wrong. Although we can't please everyone, we do have to try to live within our society in a way that is at least respectful. Outside of a car forum or <30 year old enthusiasts, I would suspect (although I don't know this) that most people would suggest an exhaust that is loud enough to wake up neighbors is not OK if it is, in fact, waking people up early in the morning.

So, let me ask this. What if the exhaust WAS too loud in the apartment complex area and did wake up the neighbors every day. What if the only real solution was to quiet the car. What if there was no happy medium because however the OP drove or pointed the car didn't lessen the noise level enough? Would it be fair to say to the neighbors just suck it up? Why should they have to move to not be disturbed? I know this is now getting into a theoretical discussion but if I am doing something and it is "reasonable" to conclude could really bother others (not just an uptight, basketball hating, prude) why should they suffer for this just because I "want" to do it? I think if this were the case, it would be the OP's obligation to either remove it or move. In the OP's situation, it may not come to that or he may be able to deal with it another way and seems willing to so props to him.

Last edited by gthal; 11-20-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:11 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
Being a neighbor yourself, your plan to change parking locations to show your neighbors you are sensitive to their issues is the gentleman like thing to do. Plus those headers are LOUD as another forum member pointed out. While I'd love to hear your car every day I don't know if I'd love to at 4am every morning! :-))
Old 11-20-2011, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Maybe look at getting some electronic valve controlled mufflers.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
I had a neighbour that was always going off in the middle of the night when he came home.
I just went over and pounded on his door at 8am every time and woke him up to discuss it. I thought 'what the heck. he woke me up....let's see how he likes it.' Didn't go very well after the first couple of times.

So I pulled a title search on the place and found out the owners name. Searched out his phone number on the internet. The next time buddy rolled home with his crew and started to light it up at 3am I phoned the landlord and told him that I was going to start calling and waking him up each and every time his tenant got me out of bed. Then I mentioned his home address and suggested that he not think that turning the ringer off would do the trick.
A week later I had to make the call again. It was the last time. I sleep well now.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 604 C63
I had a neighbour that was always going off in the middle of the night when he came home.
I just went over and pounded on his door at 8am every time and woke him up to discuss it. I thought 'what the heck. he woke me up....let's see how he likes it.' Didn't go very well after the first couple of times.

So I pulled a title search on the place and found out the owners name. Searched out his phone number on the internet. The next time buddy rolled home with his crew and started to light it up at 3am I phoned the landlord and told him that I was going to start calling and waking him up each and every time his tenant got me out of bed. Then I mentioned his home address and suggested that he not think that turning the ringer off would do the trick.
A week later I had to make the call again. It was the last time. I sleep well now.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 PM

2012 C63 PP
The Solution:
Apexi ECV flange type

Works like a dream. Me and my brother don't have to be down each others throats every single day. Hope it helps.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
wrong? what kindof pu55y idea is that? you are never wrong if you have a C63, Loud? there is no such thing as too loud, eff the neighbors
Old 11-20-2011, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
wrong? what kindof pu55y idea is that? you are never wrong if you have a C63, Loud? there is no such thing as too loud, eff the neighbors
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you are just 16 years old
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
That's actually a pretty nice way of going about it. I've had a loud car before and know I would wake up some of the neighbors. I suggest you show the same niceness and respect in return and make an effort by turning your car around the other way as the neighbor suggested.

The last thing anyone needs in this world is a petty fight where your car ends up being the final victim.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by NellyRod
No. I have MBH LT headers with catless resonated mid pipes and a K2 tune.
Pretty much an obnoxiously loud car with the tailpipes up against a building cold starting a 4am. Yeah, I would be pissed off too if I lived in a shared building and you were doing that at 4am.

Pointing the pips away from the building will lessen the noise. Try that before you come out to 4 flats.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Be lucky that the neighbor left a kind note with explanation, vs 4 slashed tires, keyed down the side of the car, or calling local PD and they do a physical inspection and find no cats.

You can move the car further down the street, but then will those tenants write a polite note? Probably not and will see some sort of vandalism against your car. Best of luck.

Its like hearing a Harley at 6am on weekdays and weekends 365 days a week. Not too fun.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by NellyRod
No. I have MBH LT headers with catless resonated mid pipes and a K2 tune.
We'll that explains it. lol
Old 11-22-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
I guess I'm lucky coz our neighbor in front has a C63 and ZO6, neighbor on the right has M3 and CLS 6.3 AMG and on the left side has a beat up japanese cars but I think they grow marijuana in their house so he cant complain.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by MNL ICE
I guess I'm lucky coz our neighbor in front has a C63 and ZO6, neighbor on the right has M3 and CLS 6.3 AMG and on the left side has a beat up japanese cars but I think they grow marijuana in their house so he cant complain.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Im serious...all windows are blocked, they go in and out on different times and they didnt even put down their Christmas tree for the past 2 years and they'r Asian like me
Old 11-22-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Im serious...all windows are blocked, they go in and out on different times and they didnt even put down their Christmas tree for the past 2 years and they'r Asian like me
Are you sure it is a Christmas tree?

I have a neighbor around the corner (4 houses) away with a GT3 R/S and we both commented to eachother that we can hear the other car when cold starting.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
i've got catless headers too and when it's a cold morning, it's very loud... i'm not sure what i'll do when someone complains but it hasn't happened yet...

but i can understand i'm modding the car to where it may not be legal... but what about those cars and motorcycles that are pretty loud being bone stock?

i've heard some really loud harley's but i have no idea if that's how they are completely stock... but if it were that loud stock, and the harley owner got the same note... what would be the course of action if the neighbor(s) complain?

i know of a dog owner where their neighbors complained about all the barking... the dog owner tried several things to keep them from barking but couldn't get them to stop... after more complaints, they had to either give up the dogs, or surgery... so because they wanted to keep the dogs, they did surgery... i'm not sure what the surgery is... but the dogs still try and bark, but it sounds like a light cough now... =(
Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by stangxs
I'd rev it next time I started it at 4 a.m.
Nothing welcomes a footprint in your door like an inconsiderate jerk... Hope you have a pocket full of cash and good body shop.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
That's because they have trees growing in the closet or backyard. Hahaha
Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
+1
Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Why not try these

http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers.php?muffler=vt

I am going to be putting them on my S over the winter. After talking with their engineer's, they claim each one is good for 600 hp. So a pair of them, well you get the point.

I have had neighbors in the past absolutely HATE my stang, whippled, big heads, LT's, Flowmaster, no cat exhaust. Couldn't blame them, but it was my only car at the time and I did get up at 4am

I solved my delima by buying a new GT convertible, and left the race car for weekends or evenings
Old 11-23-2011, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8

Are those trees supported by a hyperponic system.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
LOL.....I'm 100% sure that's a stash house.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Are those trees supported by a hyperponic system.
Hydroponic. I'm in BC so I know. We got lots of it.

Other signs? Foil on the windows and several satellite dishes. Gotta have sumpin to do in there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Neighbor left a note on my windshield...