Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 Black Pricing Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars
I'm sure more than a few people will have them on the dyno once deliveries start, so we'll see what they actually put down, but yeah I agree it falls in line with MB's marketing these days.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by harrower
Guys,

This thread is turning for the worse. I see little value in all these comparisons between BS, GTRs, 911s etc. Some points to think about:
  • Is the BS worth the money? Who know, who cares. Many high performance cars are not "worth" the price they charge, but that is the market. If you have the $ and want a BS then get one. It is usually the people who can't afford one are usually the ones rag on about how expensive it is - not trying to sound snobby here but get off of it.
  • Times - all BS! Times at Laguna, Nordschliefe etc are all done by Pros. The biggest variable in lap times is the driver, not the car. Are we all so high on our driving abilities? Candidly I have been handed my a-- by Bernd Schneider, Thomas Jager, Susies Stoddart, Bernd Maylander and others at ADA events in Europe and they were usually driving a car 2-3 levels down from what I was driving. Nothing like having Schneider push you in a SLS when he is driving a C63! It is all about the dirver until the top 5% of where the car/tires abilities show up.
To close, is the car expensive? Yes. Is it overpriced? Most likely. But at the end of the day it is about market demand, desire to own the car and have fun with it and what it is designed for. Other brands/models...there are ton of great cars out there and they have great performance. But this is all personal preference and there is no wrong or right choice here.

Dave
Hey Dave, I have been away in florida with the AMG Driving Academy and returned to only see this thread getting way to infentile. I had the great pleasure to be a passenger for some hot laps in the new BS at the West Palm Beach International Raceway(formerly Moroso Speedway), seeing this car in person will not be explained in writing, you must see this car, it is a daunting, mean, aggressive car, the crowd of fellow AMG drivers were around this car all day, it was by far like a freaking rock star, keep in mind they had 18 cars there, from C63 to three SLS including a SLS roadster. For you people who keep talking and comparing these japanese cars to this very exclusive car, you have no idea what this car is capable of, this car is suprised me, this is a serious hardcore track car, it blew away all expectations for me, for you that have ordered one are in for one big surprise.....I cant wait until mine is built....reading all these comparisons at first irrated me, but after having some laps in that car yesterday has made me just shrug off this talk, I think this car is faster than what people have predicted....stay tuned!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
What dealers are taking orders or have one? I can't seem to find one....
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 PM

bmw e-60 550i,bmw e-92 m3, c63coupe p31, stable of Italian stallions MV's
We seem to get off track, but it's understandable when it comes to comparisons. The Black Series any price's? When are we going to get numbers? Also the people that have them on order why talk? If you have information talk,if not wait. If the car is over 100k base forget it. There are too many exotic cars out there for that kind of money. I like that we get a chance in this forum to join in discussions and also get first hand information from cars that are unreachable for the typical car fanatic. The forum should be free of automotive clauses and stealership threats. If there are owners for the car (BS) why be secretive? (openSource) jmo
Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
This car is 105K to start in the USA, optioned out your over 130K.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:58 PM

bmw e-60 550i,bmw e-92 m3, c63coupe p31, stable of Italian stallions MV's
So 105k with gas guzzlier? So with Carbon fiber option ( diffusor,side panel inserts, and front lip with matte black wheels) 1000k wheels and carbon 4k would come in at 110k? With free back seats.....? I guess 110k it a lttle higher then I expected. The number that your assuming is it as a exchange rate from Canada's market price? I was hearing low 90's from a couple of dealership owners here in the U.S.A. Your economy is booming compared to us. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of diamond white.....
Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 PM

Cars
No the $105k is not an exchange rate, that is US pricing.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 PM

GL 550
Originally Posted by Agent_Oorange
No the $105k is not an exchange rate, that is US pricing.
Is Canada still $115,000? The only options we have are aero and track. Everything else is standard. Is that right?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:11 PM

Cars
As far as I know it will be around that, I talked to MB Can guys the other day asking for final pricing and they said not to expect it until closer to Canadian delivery dates.

Same thing happened with Audi and the TT-RS, no finalized Canadian pricing until a few days before they landed ha.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Here'a a question.
You guys are saying the C63 Black is around $105/110K in the U.S.
Well, the Aussie Dollar & the Yankee Dollar are pretty close to 1:1, so how would you guys feel about paying around $245K, which is the Aussie price!!!!.......How does that work?.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 AM

C63
Pretty obvious when you have to factor in LCT, GST, Stamp duty etc etc into Australian prices that you don't in the US. That and US demand offers them much greater scale as a market compared to Australia just for starters.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 AM

(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Originally Posted by OZ_C63
Pretty obvious when you have to factor in LCT, GST, Stamp duty etc etc into Australian prices that you don't in the US. That and US demand offers them much greater scale as a market compared to Australia just for starters.
Fair enough, I'm aware of that, but the car is a very limited build and is being produced in L.H. drive & R.H. drive, so the landed cost here shouldn't be that much different....but of course you're right with respect to, LCT & GST etc etc etc, which is a big number in OZ, that's for sure.
SO, a question for you U.S. buyers. When you buy your Black Series, how much of your price is taxes, registration etc.
Just looked at the documents for our C63 & I note that some $45K of the price is some form of registration/tax etc. What a rip off!
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Originally Posted by nlpamg
btw, it's funny that this thread is about the C63 AMG Black Series.

I love how in any thread comparing cars, the GT-R is ALWAYS mentioned. No matter what car it is, the GT-R is always looming in the background. Can't be that bad of a car if it's always on people's minds.

The MSRP on my GT-R was over $96k. Getting it at MSRP was a pain and a hassle as all the dealers I contacted wanted a minimum of $7k over sticker. I would have no problems buying a C63 AMG BS instead of it. Don't act like if someone is buying a GT-R, that adding 10-15k for a C63 AMG BS is out of their reach.

As for exclusivity, Nissan sends 1000 GT-Rs to the US each year, 35-40% of those are Black Editions. I'm sure there will be at least 1000 C63 AMG BSs here next year. Unlike the C63 AMG BS, there are no other cars sold under the same chassis. While, there are thousands that use the C/W204 chassis. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, but you can see that other C-Classes, including my C250 could look similar in many other people's eyes. I'm sure we'll be hearing from the idiots that will say that the C63 AMG BS is a riced out C-Coupe, but it's inevitable.

Basic mods that the C63 AMG BS will give it what? 600hp at the crank? That's headers, pulley and tune. A midpipe and a tune will give the GT-R about 625hp at the crank. Other simple mods such as downpipes and intake will give it close to 700hp. It's an easy car to tune. That being said, tuned cars vs. tuned cars are never a legitimate comparison.

Like I said, I love the C63 AMG BS and may even get one, but fighting and bickering over a comparison of it to a GT-R is ridiculous. They're different cars. If you can't respect whoever buys one or another, go somewhere else.
Total production numbers for the BS are 600 cars and this is from Affalterbach. Allocations for most markets set and in many cases sold out. Unlike GTRs, this will be one year of production vehicle. Now they might change their minds on this based on demand for car and potential revenues/profits and make more cars BUT this would be counter to the way all BS models have been done in the past.

BTW, why did Djovovic63 get banned? Didn't see anything over the top considering some of the crap I see in some threads when things become silly.

Originally Posted by AlbertM
Does anyone wonder why C63 BS with forged internals rated at only 510HP, which less then its counterpart in E63 (without forged internals)? Is MB underrating these engines?

It just does not make sense. Why put all the forged internals, tweaks and still manage less HP then its standard version in E63.
As stated this is to create seperation between the models and the pricepoints they demand. Mainly ECU mapping. Here is a question for all those who look at HP as the main measure. WHY? Whether the car has 510, 518 or 530 makes very little difference at all on the track or even in most drag races. As I have stated before, time biggest variable is the driver and this true even in quarter mile. To prove my point....do we all agree that the SLS GT3 is faster than SLS? Well it has 550Hp vs the 581 of the SLS! Yes it is stripped out and lighter as a race car BUT the main variance in the differece in speed is suspension, tires, aero, tranny which is what are the same variables that AMG has focused on with the BS.

Originally Posted by 1st amg
Hey Dave, I have been away in florida with the AMG Driving Academy and returned to only see this thread getting way to infentile. I had the great pleasure to be a passenger for some hot laps in the new BS at the West Palm Beach International Raceway(formerly Moroso Speedway), seeing this car in person will not be explained in writing, you must see this car, it is a daunting, mean, aggressive car, the crowd of fellow AMG drivers were around this car all day, it was by far like a freaking rock star, keep in mind they had 18 cars there, from C63 to three SLS including a SLS roadster. For you people who keep talking and comparing these japanese cars to this very exclusive car, you have no idea what this car is capable of, this car is suprised me, this is a serious hardcore track car, it blew away all expectations for me, for you that have ordered one are in for one big surprise.....I cant wait until mine is built....reading all these comparisons at first irrated me, but after having some laps in that car yesterday has made me just shrug off this talk, I think this car is faster than what people have predicted....stay tuned!
Nick, as per our call on the phone awhile ago I told you so!. As I have stated before this car is VERY different than a normal C63 in many ways and its performance is simply amazing for a car of its weight. I don't see the point in using the car a DD but should be put on the track and let it do what is it is designed to do. But this is all in the buyers choice and if people want this as a DD all the more power to them.

Originally Posted by Pickles
Fair enough, I'm aware of that, but the car is a very limited build and is being produced in L.H. drive & R.H. drive, so the landed cost here shouldn't be that much different....but of course you're right with respect to, LCT & GST etc etc etc, which is a big number in OZ, that's for sure.
SO, a question for you U.S. buyers. When you buy your Black Series, how much of your price is taxes, registration etc.
Just looked at the documents for our C63 & I note that some $45K of the price is some form of registration/tax etc. What a rip off!
Cheers, Pickles.
Pickles, as in the case with many markets the taxes and duties levied against cars is simply nuts! Oz and other markets in SE Asia simply get ripped off. Here is a simple example. I live 250 miles from the plant that makes the car yet I will end of paying 30%+ more than a customer in the US? Simple market demand and pricing is nature of the car business.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 AM

AMG
BTW, why did Djovovic63 get banned? Didn't see anything over the top considering some of the crap I see in some threads when things become silly.
Woah , GTR flamers don't get any warnings but AMG lovers get banned...

Awesome...
Old 12-08-2011, 09:10 AM

C63 AMG COUPE
Are there any dealers out there who has a spot open at msrp??

I would like to order one ASAP as my local dealers have none available at this time.

Pls help guys
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by Kaiba

Awesome...
How do you know they didn't get warnings? I don't see any personal attacks or insults now from others, aside him.

It's one thing to get into a heated argument about a topic but to pull it down and start personally attacking people is another.

A review of his previous post history shows a pattern of personal attacks and insults on other members.

Any more questions about this may be raised through PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon

Yeah, Whats up with that? I have seen alot worse written on this forum without people being banned.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Total production numbers for the BS are 600 cars and this is from Affalterbach. Allocations for most markets set and in many cases sold out. Unlike GTRs, this will be one year of production vehicle. Now they might change their minds on this based on demand for car and potential revenues/profits and make more cars BUT this would be counter to the way all BS models have been done in the past.

Thanks you for the clarification. I didn't know that. 600 in the world? Then that's pretty amazing. I guess it'll hit dealers with a much better demand and response than its predecessor did because of how good its predecessor turned out to be. How many CLK63 BS were made?

I'll wait until the initial wave dies down, to see how the market is for this car and then see if I will get one.

As for the banning, please see my response above. Unfortunately, when something is over the top here, it has to be reported by using the report button as there aren't enough moderators to review every thread.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AMGC60-3

Yeah, Whats up with that? I have seen alot worse written on this forum without people being banned.
See the answers above.

If you've seen a lot worse and haven't reported it, then please remember to use the report button next time.

MBWorld works on an infraction system and a certain number of infractions that are given equal a ban. All the infractions are time sensitive so that they come off after a certain period. You'll see in a couple of weeks that the ban will change to "on suspension".

PM me if you have any further questions.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
See the answers above.

If you've seen a lot worse and haven't reported it, then please remember to use the report button next time.

MBWorld works on an infraction system and a certain number of infractions that are given equal a ban. All the infractions are time sensitive so that they come off after a certain period. You'll see in a couple of weeks that the ban will change to "on suspension".

PM me if you have any further questions.
Thanks for the quick response and clarification.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by Pickles
Cheers, Pickles.
I can speak for Texas. We purchased a GLK 350 4matic on November 19, 2011. I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but these numbers are very close. The figures don't vary with vehicle price or HP or anything like that. An SLS would have been treated the same.

Texas Sales Tax: 6.25% of purchase price.
Dealer B.S. documentation fee: $125
License plates: $65
I think that's all.

I recently heard that 70% of all German auto production goes to North America. I guess we get a volume discount?

Wayne
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63, 2007 GL 450
Thanks you for the clarification. I didn't know that. 600 in the world? Then that's pretty amazing. I guess it'll hit dealers with a much better demand and response than its predecessor did because of how good its predecessor turned out to be. How many CLK63 BS were made?

I'll wait until the initial wave dies down, to see how the market is for this car and then see if I will get one.

As for the banning, please see my response above. Unfortunately, when something is over the top here, it has to be reported by using the report button as there aren't enough moderators to review every thread.
The German market had 150 cars allocated to it and they sold out in 2 hours!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 AM

911 Turbo
I'm seeing 60-$80K for a used example. Agree that a new C63 BLK will have downward pricing pressure. But with 300 made thee cars WILL be collectors items. If not overnight.

Let's see the last 996 GT2 ever made (less than 315 made) in garage
one of 300 CLK black series coming sooon
GT3 RS - that's a good young man's collection. near furutre (prefer 3.8 or 4.9)
996 Turbo 0 Not very rare at all but bulletproof at 650HP, 700 race gas

Last edited by ari1856; 01-12-2012 at 04:57 AM.