Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Christmas Present arrives: C63 Coupe DW PP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Approved!!!! Now thats a car I just might not tint the windows on... the interior is tremendous.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Simply very stunning.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:43 PM

2004 E320
Awesome color combo thats exactly what i want. Great choice!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:22 PM

C63 COUPE
Congrats!

Got my Chrissy present up here in Newcastle yesterday as well. DW full black interior, sadly no LSD (2 week wait vs 4 months - couldn't resist), PP, 19 Black rims.

Agree 100% on the key, a strong argument for keyless go I should think.

Cheers

John
Old 12-23-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
mine is a birthday present... ok, Christmas too..
Old 12-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
Originally Posted by Laryngoscope
Congrats!

Got my Chrissy present up here in Newcastle yesterday as well. DW full black interior, sadly no LSD (2 week wait vs 4 months - couldn't resist), PP, 19 Black rims.

Cheers

John
John, please get some pics up. Keen to see them. Same spec as my car I've been waiting 5 months for!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Amazing Car!

Enjoy it great health and Congratulations!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG Coupe, BMW E92 M3 manual
Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
Looks gorgeous. What kind of deal did you get on it, if you don't mind me asking?
Not a lot really. Basically got the LSD thrown in. Remember I'm in Australia though. We enjoy paying top $ for everything here. Not!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Laryngoscope
Congrats!

Cheers

John
Yours must have been on the same ship! According to my dealer the coupes and AMGs have been a huge Success in Oz. Little known fact: even before launch of coupe, C63 was apparently outselling M3 here 3:1. Not bad when you consider M3 has had 3 model variants for ages vs Merc with sedan only. New gen C class sedan is regularly turning up in top 3 of all medium sized sedans on sales Australia wide, and in some months has been the #1 selling mid range sedan. Almost impossible to believe
Old 12-23-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
The car looks terrific! I just got the Arctic White coupe, but I do like the DW a bit better. I like the red/black interior as well, racy but classy as well. I opted for the Dynamica seats because when I sat in them, they seemed more plush and held me in the seat even better...no sliding whatsoever. I had all leather in my last C63 and liked that too though. I completely agree with the white/black contrast, it's just stunning. What you gain in contrast with the white exterior, you lose a bit in seeing the body lines. The contours are best seen with the Iridium Silver paint IMO. Your wheels are a good contrast also. I can't get those in the states, without ordering separately through the parts dept for a charge of $1600/wheel! I just ordered the Volk TE 37 Tokyo Time Attacks...a brand new wheel for the C63 with a polished lip and black 6 spoke design. I think the color will be awesome and the red calipers will be prominently displayed!
Congrats on your new car!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 PM

C63 COUPE
Originally Posted by Forest Jim
John, please get some pics up. Keen to see them. Same spec as my car I've been waiting 5 months for!!!!!!!!
Jim, will do ASAP. ATM getting house ready for family onslaught of Xmas Eve parties.

I feel bad for the guys which have waited so long for this car. I count myself very fortunate as my wait was technically only 2 weeks and 1 day .

It has been said before, but it is worth repeating. I haven't seen an image online that does this car justice compared to how it looks in the actual metal.

Cheers

John
Old 12-23-2011, 06:23 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Merconvert
Finally after 4 months of waiting!
Full spec:
Diamond White
Designo Red/Black
PP
LSD
Black 19"

I'm blown away. Even better in the flesh than I expected from the pics. The interior red is perfect - not too garish, and looks seriously bespoke. Popping, snarling, crackling engine with power everywhere. Lovely, fluid steering. Very firm ride ( and seats!) but superb body control ( ie in really demanding conditions the wheels stay on the ground, unlike Bimmers on runflats!). These are my immediate impressions. Oh, and very possibly the cheapest nastiest plastic rubbish key I have ever seen, complete with flyweight, fake metal "Mercedes star" keyring
That is one beautiful car! Congrats! OK. You have convinced me. I am going to change my order to a DW (instead of the grey). Sadly, I think I have to wait another month or so before my car goes into production.

Will you consider tinting the front windows?
Old 12-23-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Smile

Originally Posted by Forest Jim
Bugga..... that car is so hot..... Well done. Very similar to what I ordered- i went for black int.. Are you happy with Diamond white?. I have only seen this colour inside the showroom. Looks great in the sun.
Maybe a few more weeks for mine. Arrives in Brisvegas on xmas day.

Cheers

Marty
G'day Marty.....our car is now in Melbourne, but not complianced yet....it was on the Toledo, thought it may have been on the same ship as yours, but the Toledo gets to Bribane 28/12, so not the same.
I see us getting ours within the first 10 days of the New Year.
Cheers, & have a good one!
Pickles.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Strafe1
I can't get those in the states, without ordering separately through the parts dept for a charge of $1600/wheel! I just ordered the Volk TE 37 Tokyo Time Attacks...a brand new wheel for the C63 with a polished lip and black 6 spoke design. I think the color will be awesome and the red calipers will be prominently displayed!
Congrats on your new car!
I think you made a great call on the Volks - they look stunning. Aside from the fact that the black wheels look cool on white cars, what sold me on black was not having to wipe brake dust ( the curse of all German cars it seems) off every couple of days just to keep the car looking respectable.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Gorgeous! Congrats!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by MB280S
That is one beautiful car! Congrats! OK. You have convinced me. I am going to change my order to a DW (instead of the grey). Sadly, I think I have to wait another month or so before my car goes into production.

Will you consider tinting the front windows?
Yes I may well do that - at present they are many shades lighter than rear sides and rear screen. Honestly I can't see anyone being disappointed in DW, on this car at least.....
Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
Originally Posted by Pickles
G'day Marty.....our car is now in Melbourne, but not complianced yet....it was on the Toledo, thought it may have been on the same ship as yours, but the Toledo gets to Bribane 28/12, so not the same.
I see us getting ours within the first 10 days of the New Year.
Cheers, & have a good one!
Pickles.
Hey Marty,

I hope you are correct with your prediction. I'm going away after new year back on the 12th of Jan. Hope it's ready by then. Glad Merconvert ( sorry mate i don't know your name) posted some DW pixs now i'm even more toeie.

Merry Xmas all

Marty

Last edited by Forest Jim; 12-23-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-24-2011, 06:10 PM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Hi Merconvert,
Congrats on the Car. Looks awesome. The red seats look very cool too. I agree with you with regards to the black wheels. I normally have to clean my silver alloys every few days just to make the car look clean. That was my first impression when I ordered my c63, I will have those black wheels at any cost because I don't have to clean them as often. However it will be really time consuming trying to clean all those spokes when it is time to clean them. Any quick way of cleaning them?
By the way is there brake on Hold in this car. It is available on my E Class.

Cheers
Perry
Old 12-25-2011, 06:41 AM

08' C63 AMG, 89' BMW 525i
congrats man, looks awesome!

6 months after i bought the sedan they came up with the coupe version, talk about bad timing
Old 12-25-2011, 10:04 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Wow, love the interior!!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 12-25-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by pcho
However it will be really time consuming trying to clean all those spokes when it is time to clean them. Any quick way of cleaning them?
By the way is there brake on Hold in this car. It is available on my E Class.

Cheers
Perry
Well I wish I knew of a short cut to wheel cleaning! I don't trust proprietary wheel cleaning solutions. Many are acid based. The last stuff tried promised to be kind to the metal, but - I kid you not - eroded a very fine layer of concrete from my garage floor! I think the best policy is to keep the wheels waxed to ensure whatever brake dust gets on them is less likely to adhere.

Honestly don't know if C63 has brake on hold. I'm not familiar with the function on Mercs.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:26 PM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
Originally Posted by Merconvert
Well I wish I knew of a short cut to wheel cleaning! I don't trust proprietary wheel cleaning solutions. Many are acid based. The last stuff tried promised to be kind to the metal, but - I kid you not - eroded a very fine layer of concrete from my garage floor! I think the best policy is to keep the wheels waxed to ensure whatever brake dust gets on them is less likely to adhere.

Honestly don't know if C63 has brake on hold. I'm not familiar with the function on Mercs.
Hi Merconvert,

I agree with you about cleaning solutions. I had a friend who had his alloys damaged from it. However every so often I use Meguiars alloy cleaner and it seems to work well.

Now the brake on hold is an excellent feature. It is on my E350 and it works by lightly applying a short sharp stabbing action on you foot brakes. Then a HOLD text will appear on your speedo display and brakes will be applied. You can lift your foot off and the brakes will be on. Excellent feature at traffic lights plus your foot can be on the accelerator for speedy take off (if you want to drag with someone else LOL). It disables the brakes once you put your foot on accelerator.

Perry
Old 12-26-2011, 04:56 AM

CTS-V Coupe
That is the car I want, down to the exact options. It is truly beautiful, congrats m8!