Sponsored by:

Which to buy? C63, M3 or S4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
As stated before by someone else, you should be looking at an RS4, the S4 can't even compare.

Lack of torque keeps the M out of the running for me automatically.

C63 all the way.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home the point
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog
ISF is not even in the ball game. haha. I was so disappointed with that car.
Sure, it isn't a beast like c63 and it does look a little funky from some angles but the performance gap isn't as large as you make it out to be (it can definitely blow away a S4) and build quality of the interior is definitely better. Plus compare to Lexus console system, COMAND is way way behind the power curve. Just sitting in both cars without touching the ignition, ISF is an easy win, but it's a completely different story once hit the starters.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by LuisC55AMG
Hi,

After having the C55 for a couple of years, I started looking for a replacement. I'm in my mid 30's, so I'm planning to start having kids and I need something practical (aside from my wife's 09 Murano). This is the thing: I need some advice from you guys since I'm down to 3 options:

- BMW E90 M3
- Mercedes W204 C63 AMG (pre-facelift)
- Audi B8 S4

All three are sedans, as you know. I'm looking something more powerful than a C55. I have to make a decision based on these parameters (highest to lowest importance):

- Practicality
- Power on the straights
- Ride
- Maneuverability
- Ease and cost of maintenance
- Gas savings

Next week I'll be testing the M3 and C63 on a dealer that happens to have both (used). Still looking for a S4 nearby to drive (those are very rare). M3's interior doesn't seem attractive, but are fun to drive. I like the exterior but those don't have a lot of torque in low RPM's (consider that I have a C55 - V8). S4's can be easily tuned to gain power since those are supercharged, are cheaper (gas-wise) and have nice interiors. However the sound is not that exhilarating. C63, from what I've read on the forum, has also the mix of having nice interior, sound and power. I'm concerned about the maintenance cost, and how it drives.

I would like to hear your opinions guys. I'll be spending 50k at the most.
After being an ///M fan and owner of the Z4M and E92///M3, I took a C63 for a test drive... the only question I asked myself was,
"WTH was I THINKING ALL THESE YEARS???!??!?!?"

C63 > M3 AUDI
Old 04-11-2012, 04:43 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
the M3 would be cheaper all the way around and is sporty luxury. the C63 is more expensive for everything and its luxury race kind of way. i went thru same thing after i crashed my M6 couldnt find what i wanted. BMW pays for all maintenance with the warranty. Benz doesnt. think about money part then u find ur way. But ill tell you this. I knew this C63 eat my pocket but i love the car and the power.