What to pay for an 09 C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Originally Posted by jfabes
in outstanding condition, with P30, with warranty, w/clean carfax/autocheck? please show me one.

that being said, you might find one at "leo's used cars 4less"...but i wouldn't buy
Sure, it's sitting in my driveway. Not a mark on it. And I'll probably get $42k on a trade and not much more if I sold it to a private party. Check the classifieds on this site...guys have been trying to sell theirs forever. Heck a great one just went for $37k wit tons of aftermarket parts. Slightly higher mileage if I remember, but still, that's mid 30's, crazy!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Snipe656
Is that the same car from eBay with the wreck in its history? Has a Houston phone number at least.
No this one is a private seller in Texas. I have emailed back and forth with him and he has taken great care of the car and priced it very well. This would be my first choice but I am a little apprehensive buying from a private party not having seen the car and having to deal with shipping and financing outside of a dealer... Its also slightly higher milage than I would like...

Has anyone actually looked at this car in person?

BTW, I really like the white interior. Does anyone know if this is the "Sahara Beige" or if this is actually a different white interior color. Attached is 1 picture of the private party car mentioned above which looks white along with another picture of a c63 I recently found that looks almost tan but I am guessing maybe its the same (just differences in camera and lighting)? Can anyone confirm? If they are different what are the color codes or names of the two colors?

Thanks so much for all the great info guys!
Attached Thumbnails What to pay for an 09 C63?-c63-beige-interior.jpg   What to pay for an 09 C63?-c63-white-interior.jpg  
Old 01-11-2012, 07:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by c63insd
No this one is a private seller in Texas. I have emailed back and forth with him and he has taken great care of the car and priced it very well. This would be my first choice but I am a little apprehensive buying from a private party not having seen the car and having to deal with shipping and financing outside of a dealer... Its also slightly higher milage than I would like...

Has anyone actually looked at this car in person?
Thanks, I had not been shopping private party cars because the warrantees on the CPO cars really appeal to me with all the miles I do drive. That car in Texas has a phone number that is at least local to me. Depending on where exactly it is I could maybe go and look at it to give you an opinion on it.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Thanks, I had not been shopping private party cars because the warrantees on the CPO cars really appeal to me with all the miles I do drive. That car in Texas has a phone number that is at least local to me. Depending on where exactly it is I could maybe go and look at it to give you an opinion on it.
Isn't the CPO warranty only an additional year? I would think that would expire well before the additional miles. I guess I just wouldn't pay a premium for that warranty if that is the case. I could be mistaken. I'm not sure how much they are actually charging for the warranty, but I would also check into extended warranties if they are available.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:13 AM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by Shellbmb
Isn't the CPO warranty only an additional year? I would think that would expire well before the additional miles. I guess I just wouldn't pay a premium for that warranty if that is the case. I could be mistaken. I'm not sure how much they are actually charging for the warranty, but I would also check into extended warranties if they are available.
There are a couple variations of the CPO. The 100k mile one I do believe is just one more year. I forget how much time the 125k or 135k ones add. I do know though that the 2009 135k CPO car I tried buying would have expired its warranty on 28-Mar-2014. Either way though I drive 43-45k miles per year across two of my vehicles with the bulk(around 33k being on the primary). So extended miles on a warranty is very important to me and much more so than the actual length of time the warranty applies. But regardless from what I have seen the CPO cars at a dealer do not tend to be much more than the non-CPO cars. But I have not invested a lot of time shopping the non-CPO cars so I might be very wrong on that statement.

Last edited by Snipe656; 01-11-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: engrish
Old 01-11-2012, 10:31 AM

'07 GTI & '04 M3
There are a couple variations of the CPO. The 100k mile one I do believe is just one more year. I forget how much time the 125k or 135k ones add. I do know though that the 2009 135k CPO car I tried buying would have expired its warrant on 28-Mar-2014. Either way though I drive 43-45k miles per year across two of my vehicles with the bulk(around 33k being on the primary). So extended miles on a warranty is very important to me and much more so than the actual length of time the warranty applies. But regardless from what I have seen the CPO cars at a dealer do not tend to be much more than the non-CPO cars. But I have not invested a lot of time shopping the non-CPO cars so I might be very wrong on that statement.
^^ you are correct. however, i have invested some time in it....the standard cpo warranty is 1yr/100k which the dealer cost for this is around $1500 and the car has to be taken in by mb for the cpo to be applied. now, if you buy a non-cpo car from any dealer or private owner, it is eligible for an extended mb warranty provided that a) it is still within the oem warranty both time and miles and b) the car wasn't previously corporate owned/titled. here are some pricing examples i ran with two different car's and two different dealers to assure consistency. the mb dealer runs the vin and contacts mb for eligibilty.

2009 c63 w/18k miles, 2 previous owners, in-service date of 12/08 (will expire in 11 months or 32k miles)
1yr/70k --> $2600
2yr/70k --> $3500
3yr/70k --> $4000
1yr/100k --> $4200

there is no deductible and the coverage is identical to cpo. this is the cpo for anything not already cpo'd the time of the extended warranty starts when the oem ends. the mileage is cumulative (total).
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 AM

2015 C63S
^^ you are correct. however, i have invested some time in it....the standard cpo warranty is 1yr/100k which the dealer cost for this is around $1500 and the car has to be taken in by mb for the cpo to be applied. now, if you buy a non-cpo car from any dealer or private owner, it is eligible for an extended mb warranty provided that a) it is still within the oem warranty both time and miles and b) the car wasn't previously corporate owned/titled. here are some pricing examples i ran with two different car's and two different dealers to assure consistency. the mb dealer runs the vin and contacts mb for eligibilty.

2009 c63 w/18k miles, 2 previous owners, in-service date of 12/08 (will expire in 11 months or 32k miles)
1yr/70k --> $2600
2yr/70k --> $3500
3yr/70k --> $4000
1yr/100k --> $4200

there is no deductible and the coverage is identical to cpo. this is the cpo for anything not already cpo'd the time of the extended warranty starts when the oem ends. the mileage is cumulative (total).
I actually tried twice to get extended warranty price quotes for non CPO cars and neither dealer I talked to seemed to have any interest. I never got a price out of them and forget how they worded their responses but it just seemed like something they did not want to do. But with costs like that, I do not think the non CPO cars are that much less than the CPO ones from a buyers perspective, are they?
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM

'07 GTI & '04 M3
on paper, looks good. i have not seen it in person and one person's idea of clean is not the same as anothers. i have yet to meet someone as picky as me. let me elaborate...

before i was on the c63 kick, i had set my sights on an '08+ m5 (LCI upgrade). I looked at two, both at bmw dealers. one at bmw north and one at bmw near woodlands. both were one-owner clean carfaxes, autocheck was above average and dealers said they were immaculate with no paint work. one was cpo'd the other was not (its rare to find a cpo'd m5 due to cost and poor reliability) one car had 30k the other had 44k. both were free of scratches, dents and only had minor stone chips. no curb rash. good rubber. drove both, both were great. unfortunately, both had been in minor rear end collisions that required the back bumper to be repainted. my wife could even tell the surface of the clear was not uniform or as shiny as the trunk. the cars had obviously been hit and repaired cheaply. maybe there was a police report, maybe not. no accidents reported. regardless, there was paintwork and all corners were cut to do it cheaply. i could have done better with a spray can.

so the bottom line is you just don't know. and this was a $50k car at a bmw dealer. i'm not saying that the cars you are referring to aren't out there, the one in this add may be perfect owned by an enthusiast. i'm just saying to be careful and don't take what you see at face value. if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is...but ignorance is bliss. and fwiw, i would guarantee that if this car had ebony interior, the seller could get more $ for it.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:01 AM

2015 C63S
Those two BMW dealerships are sister dealers and the North one I had a really bad experience with as did two of my neighbors. As in flat out lying about some major things. I'd not be surprised if the dealers themselves were trying to hide damage on those cars.

'07 GTI & '04 M3
I actually tried twice to get extended warranty price quotes for non CPO cars and neither dealer I talked to seemed to have any interest. I never got a price out of them and forget how they worded their responses but it just seemed like something they did not want to do. But with costs like that, I do not think the non CPO cars are that much less than the CPO ones from a buyers perspective, are they?
i didn't have much problem getting the prices. the advantage with a cpo car is the rigorous inspection mb does prior to giving it the cpo. for a non-cpo car that qualifies, you give them your credit card # and coverage starts when the oem expires. that's it. also, look at the mileage difference. for me, a 100k mileage warranty is useless since i'm looking at cars with <20k miles that have maybe 12 months of oem warrannty. so driving 15k/yr, that would put me at 20+15+15=50k for the full cpo warranty. worthless. if you had 2 years of oem warranty, then 20+15+15+15=65k...still worthless. i would never get to use the 100k mileage. imho, i think you are better off buying a car that is less expensive with 20k miles and getting the 1yr/70k or 2yr/70k. that would work for me, but it depends on how far YOU drive. if you were looking at cars that had 45k miles, the 100k warranty still doesn't make sense unless you plan on putting 55k miles in the next year. mb does this at cpo because it's cheaper and they know people won't use the 100k. look at bmw's 2yr/100k. doesn't that make more sense? much better chance of hitting 100k miles in 2 years instead of 1 if you are starting at 50k.

home the point
I've been looking for a C63 for a couple months,..
Thanks for the info, and I pretty much agree with you on the p30. However the wheel wrapping is alcantara which isn't the same as suede (it's actually easier to clean than real suede). It is sensitive to extreme heat and it does require more upkeep than plastic or synthetic leather, but like almost everything, it will last you a long time if you maintain it.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 AM

'07 GTI & '04 M3
Those two BMW dealerships are sister dealers and the North one I had a really bad experience with as did two of my neighbors. As in flat out lying about some major things. I'd not be surprised if the dealers themselves were trying to hide damage on those cars.
that's good to know....thanks for the insight
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM

2015 C63S
i didn't have much problem getting the prices. the advantage with a cpo car is the rigorous inspection mb does prior to giving it the cpo. for a non-cpo car that qualifies, you give them your credit card # and coverage starts when the oem expires. that's it. also, look at the mileage difference. for me, a 100k mileage warranty is useless since i'm looking at cars with <20k miles that have maybe 12 months of oem warrannty. so driving 15k/yr, that would put me at 20+15+15=50k for the full cpo warranty. worthless. if you had 2 years of oem warranty, then 20+15+15+15=65k...still worthless. i would never get to use the 100k mileage. imho, i think you are better off buying a car that is less expensive with 20k miles and getting the 1yr/70k or 2yr/70k. that would work for me, but it depends on how far YOU drive. if you were looking at cars that had 45k miles, the 100k warranty still doesn't make sense unless you plan on putting 55k miles in the next year. mb does this at cpo because it's cheaper and they know people won't use the 100k. look at bmw's 2yr/100k. doesn't that make more sense? much better chance of hitting 100k miles in 2 years instead of 1 if you are starting at 50k.
This is how I looked at things with the car I tried buying. I'd bought it in December of last year. I'd had roughly 28-29 months of warranty left on it. I'd used it as my primary car which means I'd put probably around 80k miles more miles on it before I hit the end of the warranty. That means the car would have been around 90k miles which is far from the original warranty but still far from the 135k warranty. Going off your prior warranty quotes then looks like the 2 yr/70k mile is what I'd picked for a similar non CPO car for $3500 but I was not finding similar cars for $3500 less. That does not even factor in that the CPO probably would have resulted in new tires/brakes at the very least or that the CPO would have had more of a usable warranty period for me.

Now with that said though all of the 2010-2011 CPO E63 cars I was looking at, I'd not paid the extra money for the 125k or 135k CPO extension even though I drive so much. The C63 just came with the 135k CPO by default.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
I picked up our 2009 C63 about a month ago for 49k. It is a Steel Grey / Ash interior / P30 with 18k on it. The seller also threw in full factory warranty that covers me bumper to bumper until Feb2016, same warranty as if I bought it with 1 mile on it from the dealer. I would have liked to have paid less but when he offered to pick up the warranty but stay firm at his asking price I had to jump on it. Another purk is that it was a local seller. This is the first car I didn't have fly, ship, or drive anywhere to get it. I figured that saved me at lease 1k right there.

Im very happy and absolutely love the Steel Grey on this car. You don't see a lot in this color.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:54 PM

C63
Originally Posted by E55 Bulldog
I picked up our 2009 C63 about a month ago for 49k. It is a Steel Grey / Ash interior / P30 with 18k on it. The seller also threw in full factory warranty that covers me bumper to bumper until Feb2016, same warranty as if I bought it with 1 mile on it from the dealer. I would have liked to have paid less but when he offered to pick up the warranty but stay firm at his asking price I had to jump on it. Another purk is that it was a local seller. This is the first car I didn't have fly, ship, or drive anywhere to get it. I figured that saved me at lease 1k right there.

Im very happy and absolutely love the Steel Grey on this car. You don't see a lot in this color.
Thanks for your input. Did you buy from a Mercedes Dealer? From what I am told Mercedes is the only way to get an extended warranty. One C63 I was considering at an independent dealer quoted me $6,200 for a 24mo/75k warranty that begins when the original warranty expires.... (48mo/100k is $13,000). They said these are at actual cost (with no markup) from the Mercedes dealership.

Can anyone verify that an extended warranty is seriously that much for a non CPO car?

BTW, it seems like the only option if I want to stay within warranty (considering that I plan on having the car for about 2 years) is to get one with an extended warranty already in place? Even if I get a low mileage 09 the warranty is still going to expire well within the 2 years depending on the in-service date...

That being said, almost all 09's being sold in 2 years will be out of warranty so I suppose most sellers will be in the same boat? Maybe I shouldn't worry about it as much (at least from a resale perspective). Let me know if my logic is flawed.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
i recently paid approx 2600 for 1 year warranty extension on my 08 cpo c 63. 2 years was supposed to be about 3900...

this is mercedes warranty and just extends the cpo further. factory warranty.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:15 AM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by dkhm3
i recently paid approx 2600 for 1 year warranty extension on my 08 cpo c 63. 2 years was supposed to be about 3900...

this is mercedes warranty and just extends the cpo further. factory warranty.
I kept getting led to believe this has to be bought when you buy the CPO car. Is that true?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 PM

2009 C63 AMG
I kept getting led to believe this has to be bought when you buy the CPO car. Is that true?
I had my car for its first* Service A last week. I spoke to two different people and they confirmed that the extended warranty can be purchased anytime as long as the original warranty is still in effect.

*First for me, anyway.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
Originally Posted by Ex_Red
I had my car for its first* Service A last week. I spoke to two different people and they confirmed that the extended warranty can be purchased anytime as long as the original warranty is still in effect.

*First for me, anyway.
that's correct, but they have been raising the prices.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C63 Black Series, 2003 Hummer H1 KSC2, 2003 Hummer H1 HMCO, 1997 Hummer H1 HMC4, 1969 Jaguar E
O bought from a private seller who bought the extended warranty and they transferred it to me.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM

2009 C63
Hey guys...I'm pretty excited today!

I just inked the deal on my CPO '09. 30k miles P02 and lots of other good options, LSD, COMAND, etc...White/Black. $43k. Original sticker was $68K

Picking it up Saturday.

Last edited by dubaudi; 01-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Honda civic si
congrats dubaudi. What part of the country are you in (trying to get data points b/c I'm looking at CPO '09 as well)?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 AM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by durstgt
congrats dubaudi. What part of the country are you in (trying to get data points b/c I'm looking at CPO '09 as well)?
I'm in Florida, but I'm buying the car up in New Jersey.

This is the car:

http://www.prestigemb.com/used/2009/...gf77x59f220226
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dubaudi
I'm in Florida, but I'm buying the car up in New Jersey.

This is the car:

http://www.prestigemb.com/used/2009/...gf77x59f220226
Congrats! I would have sold you my 2010 with 13K miles for 50K with my Forgestars if I knew you were willing to come up north! LOL

Good luck with your new ride. Looks like a nice weekend to drive it home too!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:31 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by propain
Congrats! I would have sold you my 2010 with 13K miles for 50K with my Forgestars if I knew you were willing to come up north! LOL

Good luck with your new ride. Looks like a nice weekend to drive it home too!

Thanks man! I'm originally from that area in NJ so my family and friends are all still scattered around. I started looking at some 2010's, but then I decided that I really really want to swap up to a 2012 within the next year or two, so I decided to save a few $$'s and go with the '09 instead. Once I saw this deal I figured I should just jump on it.

Last edited by dubaudi; 01-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to pay for an 09 C63?