Sponsored by:

What to pay for an 09 C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
What to pay for an 09 C63?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wondering if I could get some advice from current C63 owners and those looking to buy a C63. I am located in San Diego and looking to buy an 09 within the next 30 days. I had a few specific questions and I was hoping some of you might be able to chime in with thoughts and advice. I have been doing a lot of research and finally created an account since I am getting close to actually selling my current car and getting approved for financing....

Questions:

- What would a good deal be on an 09 C63 with the following: White, Nav, P30, ~30k miles... ? I am thinking I should be able to find one in the $42k to $46k range depending on options and private party vs. dealer. Thoughts?

- In your experience (for those shopping) are dealers making deals or posting close to bottom line price?

- What would you expect to be the different in price for P30 vs. non P30 for an 09 considering all else equil?

- Any reason I should stay away from an 08? I barely see any listed and they don't seem to be any less epensive than 09 with similar miles...

- Regarding interior color, are there two light colors? I thought there was only bone white (which I like a lot) but yesterday I saw one that listed "tan" interior and the pictures actually look darker than the white I have seen: Click here

- Is is a bad idea to get a C63 with no Nav? I could care less about Nav but figured it might be hard to sell when the time comes. Does no nav mean no bluetooth? I found one that looks great but just realized it as no nav Click here

- I have been scowering AutoTrader, Craigslist and MBworld but if anyone knows of a C63 for sale (especially in SoCal) please let me know! In a perfect world I am looking to find a white C63, P30, Nav, White interior, factory carbon fiber with ~25k miles around $45k (call me out if I am crazy )

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to finding the right car and being an active member.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
i got a 08 cpo 18k in almost new condition recently- no dings, no major scratches even under bumper.

45.5k- almost all options.

1.99% financing @ mb dealer.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 AM

C63
Originally Posted by dkhm3
i got a 08 cpo 18k in almost new condition recently- no dings, no major scratches even under bumper.

45.5k- almost all options.

1.99% financing @ mb dealer.
Thanks so much for the response. Good to know about MB financial.... What was the list price? Did you get the P30?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 M3 2016 X5M 2008 C63 (sold)
list price started at 54k. it sat for awhile before they started to reduce it. i cross shopped another 2008 with around the same mileage and got them to bid each other down.

p30 was not available for 2008.

love the car, good luck.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
You should be able to get an 09 car with the right options (Leather, Nav, etc) for about mid 40's with around 25-30k milage from a dealer with a CPO warranty. When new MBZ had plenty of trunk money at the end of MY09.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 01-10-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Trunk money is irrelevant now though, doesn't have any effect on resale. I'd say the car you're looking for can likely be had for 41 or 42k from a private party and a bit more from a dealer.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM

fast MoFo
Just got my a week ago 09 white- all but performance package . 27k miles- spotless for 45k
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Just a few weeks back I was attempting to buy a 2009 with 9,600 miles and 135k CPO warranty for $49.5k. It was black with the black premium AMG leather interior, multimedia package, lighting package, etc. I could not find a flaw on that car but unfortunately the trade in negotiations went south very quickly and I decided to pass since was not sure if I would even be stateside after the 2nd quarter of 2012.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM

home the point
There's a 09 C63 with 30k miles and p30 for $43.8k. It's almost too good to be true. For comparison, I got my 09 C63 with 20k miles for $45k otd, but no p30 option however.

Here's the link to that ebay C63
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFO...t_46406wt_1162
Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
ED1 e63S
Sorry to go kind of OT here. I have an 09 with P30 and 12k miles. What do you think it would be worth dealer trade in or private party?
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
Sorry to go kind of OT here. I have an 09 with P30 and 12k miles. What do you think it would be worth dealer trade in or private party?
I checked with Park Place in Dallas for a trade-in value on my 2009 non-P30 with 31k miles on it. They offered me 38k. Granted this was just via email and we did not negotiate anything.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Maybe its the lighting but that ebay car looks like it may have been in an accident - body panels dont look 100% right.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:56 PM

home the point
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Maybe its the lighting but that ebay car looks like it may have been in an accident - body panels dont look 100% right.
Might be. Figured there has to be something wrong with because of the price, but the carfax report is accident free.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
I purchased my '09 C63 with everything except P30 package for $50K w/ 7K miles. CPO'd with 1.9% financing through MB Financial.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 PM

2006 Evolution IX
I recently saw a red 2010 with P31, AMG seating and HID's for $53k. It had a few thousand miles on it and was immaculate.

You should be able to get a '08 or '09 in the configuration you're looking for at around $48k pretty easily, I'm thinking.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by olmoscd
I recently saw a red 2010 with P31, AMG seating and HID's for $53k. It had a few thousand miles on it and was immaculate.

You should be able to get a '08 or '09 in the configuration you're looking for at around $48k pretty easily, I'm thinking.
That's a great deal specifically because of the P31!
Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM

'07 GTI & '04 M3
Originally Posted by cptdaz
Might be. Figured there has to be something wrong with because of the price, but the carfax report is accident free.
I've been looking for a C63 for a couple months, and living in houston, i was going to go look at it this car. before this car was listed with advantage, it was listed with another small car company here in town and i found it on autotrader. they had the carfax on there and it showed a "minor" accident last year. when i questioned it, the guy told me he would give me the accident report. i decided not to go look at it. a weeks later, he followe dup with me and i told him i wasn't interested....3 days later, it was listed through advantage...he must have sold it to them. look at the carfax report and you will see 28 days ownership and the accident. the "clean" report is the autocheck and that's what's on ebay, not the carfax.

That's why you should alwys check both reports before buying a used car...they aren't always the same.

and fwiw, imho, the pp on the '09's is not worth the cost unless you really plan on driving this car HARD, maybe tracking it. the suede wheel gets hard and worn in spots (especially in hot climates where hands get clammy), the susp is stiffer for daily driving, the breakes are more expensive to replace and there is no power increase like on the 2010's. the only value is the limited slip dif...not worth it for me as a dd that i will put 15k miles/yr on.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:04 PM

'07 GTI & '04 M3
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Trunk money is irrelevant now though, doesn't have any effect on resale. I'd say the car you're looking for can likely be had for 41 or 42k from a private party and a bit more from a dealer.
in outstanding condition, with P30, with warranty, w/clean carfax/autocheck? please show me one.

that being said, you might find one at "leo's used cars 4less"...but i wouldn't buy
Old 01-10-2012, 04:13 PM

Honda civic si
Originally Posted by jfabes
I've been looking for a C63 for a couple months, and living in houston, i was going to go look at it this car. before this car was listed with advantage, it was listed with another small car company here in town and i found it on autotrader. they had the carfax on there and it showed a "minor" accident last year. when i questioned it, the guy told me he would give me the accident report. i decided not to go look at it. a weeks later, he followe dup with me and i told him i wasn't interested....3 days later, it was listed through advantage...he must have sold it to them. look at the carfax report and you will see 28 days ownership and the accident. the "clean" report is the autocheck and that's what's on ebay, not the carfax.

That's why you should alwys check both reports before buying a used car...they aren't always the same.

and fwiw, imho, the pp on the '09's is not worth the cost unless you really plan on driving this car HARD, maybe tracking it. the suede wheel gets hard and worn in spots (especially in hot climates where hands get clammy), the susp is stiffer for daily driving, the breakes are more expensive to replace and there is no power increase like on the 2010's. the only value is the limited slip dif...not worth it for me as a dd that i will put 15k miles/yr on.
I'm in Houston too and looked at this car back in October. At this point, Group1 (Advantage) already had the car. I drove it b/c I was trying to evaluate if the PP was worth it (and decided for me, it's not, for many of the same reasons Jfabes lists above). I didn't know about the accident until I pressed the dealer on why it was so competitively priced. I then had them pull the accident report. It appears the car was hit in the drivers door/FL quarter panel by another car (something small like a Fiesta IIRC) on I-10. The paint work looks pretty good, but I'd definitely get the car checked out if I were you. FWIW, the manager at Advantage was pretty reasonable and pulled some Mannheim data for C63s to look at, but I was scared off at that point.

Jfabes is spot on about the wear to the Alcantara - the wheel looked grey and really worn in a few spots. IMHO, this makes the entire interior look cheap.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM

2009 C63
I'm in EXACTLY your boat and looking for the same car!

All I want is a White/Back '09 or newer with NAV and the basic options and reasonable mileage (25k or less), for less then $50k MB certified. Every dealer I called has refused to really offer any kind of deal. The most they'll take off is $500 or so...if that. Asking prices seem to be $52K and higher for that combo....but I know for a FACT these cars are wholesaling for low 40's all day. Seems like dealers are charging a premium for white cars, because there's dozens of black ones out there for 4-5k less. Is white really worth more?

It's amazing, I've had 2 deals completely fall thru...and one of the dealers STILL has the car for sale....since JULY!! Yet they still refuse to drop the price in order to sell it....
Old 01-10-2012, 04:29 PM

2015 C63S
Originally Posted by durstgt
Jfabes is spot on about the wear to the Alcantara - the wheel looked grey and really worn in a few spots. IMHO, this makes the entire interior look cheap.
This just confirmed then my very worry for any car that has this type of interior selection in commonly touched places.

Originally Posted by dubaudi
It's amazing, I've had 2 deals completely fall thru...and one of the dealers STILL has the car for sale....since JULY!! Yet they still refuse to drop the price in order to sell it....
I personally have always been a little baffled by the asking prices on used C63cars at MBZ dealers. For example I was at a dealership once that had a used C63 non-certified that was just within a couple thousand dollars of a brand new 2012 C63 they had on the showroom floor. I do not remember the details on the used one but do recall it was not some barely used car or one being massively optioned out over the other.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
in outstanding condition, with P30, with warranty, w/clean carfax/autocheck? please show me one.

that being said, you might find one at "leo's used cars 4less"...but i wouldn't buy
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Auto Trader is a horrible example. You couldn't pay me to buy a car from that site.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:22 PM

2015 C63S
Is that the same car from eBay with the wreck in its history? Has a Houston phone number at least.

Originally Posted by propain
Auto Trader is a horrible example. You couldn't pay me to buy a car from that site.
Pretty much every AMG, CTS-V, and Panamera I have looked at were all listed on Autotrader. Most I found via dealerships independent websites, some via eBay and a smaller amount specifically from Autotrader. Had I just started with Autotrader I'd found all the same cars with a lot less effort on my part.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 AM

C63

I did notice the accident listed on the carfax report and was going to call tomorrow to try and get some more details and see if they were negotiable on price.

Thanks also for your input on the P30. I was thinking I really wanted it but now I am thinking twice. I will not be tracking the car and I suppose I could always add LSD afterwards if I want since that was the main appeal for me.
Originally Posted by durstgt
I'm in Houston too and looked at this car back in October. At this point, Group1 (Advantage) already had the car. I drove it b/c I was trying to evaluate if the PP was worth it (and decided for me, it's not, for many of the same reasons Jfabes lists above). I didn't know about the accident until I pressed the dealer on why it was so competitively priced. I then had them pull the accident report. It appears the car was hit in the drivers door/FL quarter panel by another car (something small like a Fiesta IIRC) on I-10. The paint work looks pretty good, but I'd definitely get the car checked out if I were you. FWIW, the manager at Advantage was pretty reasonable and pulled some Mannheim data for C63s to look at, but I was scared off at that point.

Thanks for all the details, much appreciated! You are right about the Alcatara...

Originally Posted by dubaudi
I'm in EXACTLY your boat and looking for the same car!

All I want is a White/Back '09 or newer with NAV and the basic options and reasonable mileage (25k or less), for less then $50k MB certified. Every dealer I called has refused to really offer any kind of deal. The most they'll take off is $500 or so...if that. Asking prices seem to be $52K and higher for that combo....but I know for a FACT these cars are wholesaling for low 40's all day. Seems like dealers are charging a premium for white cars, because there's dozens of black ones out there for 4-5k less. Is white really worth more?

Good to know! As much as I want white I might be willing to go with Grey or black if the price was right. I am also hoping to find something in SoCal so I can see it in person and drive it first and so I dont have to deal with shipping... Where are you located btw? (lets keep in touch so we can compare notes... I'll PM you with my contact info)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What to pay for an 09 C63?