C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up my 1st Benz C63 after driving BMW ///Ms for 10 yrs and...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
THANKS to ALL... I feel very welcomed.
@Eurocharge: Add me to the list... I will be in contact after my 1st 1000miles

Excuse my french, but I *** LOVE this CAR!!! I seriously feel like I'm in a Supercar !!!
(well it is IMO) but seriously, I have never had such pleasure in pressing on the gas pedal and feeling that torque...

Furthermore, Lol on the "'M3 on the track" comments.. Good point, in the 10 years I've owned ///M's, I have never even been to a track.. Lol.. Now I'm not knocking track lovers nor ///Ms.. but this thing has any ///M that i have ever owned CRUSHED by a landslide in almost all aspects... again, this is just my opinion.

I'm just supergeeked.. and look forward to chatting with you guys in the future..
Thanks again...
#AMGPower!! hahahahahahaa
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by mthis
Welcome and enjoy the beast
Where u from in NY NJ
Bergen County NJ (Fort Lee)
Thanks !!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by mthis
Btw. Tune is u best bang for your buck
Header will add a good portion of the power also but will make the car LOUD.
Coming from a BMW u deft need a LSD some light weight part you can get If u don't get headers that will make that car wake up nicely to.

If you ever SI I can take u from a spin or u can take u self.
Wow... Serious mods.

And if i AM ever in Si, I will hit u up...

Thanks~
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Thanks for your time... Here are a few pics i snapped this afternoon

Oh! Please, by all means, help me out and suggest some basic mods that I can start thinking about hooking her up with... Any tips and insight would be greatly appreciated!!![/QUOTE]
+1, "Congrats" I just procured an 09 blk/blk fully loaded!!! Thank "Kay" Steal of a deal. It is being shipped 2 Tx next week. No snow for her unlike my current C32. Looking to mode as well. Enjoy the ride
Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 PM

2010 MB E63 AMG
Originally Posted by ctown113
NEVER LOOKED BACK after I got in!!!
I've been an ///M driver for the past 10 years, and I always looked at Benz's and said I would NEVER drive "one of those"... I wouldn't even test drive one nor even give it a thought..
Boy was I wrong!!!! What was I thinking all these years??? Lol.
I think I was so brainwashed by BMW fans and forums that Benz were heavy and could never even compete with the ///M's "superior" handling and styling.

But now that I am married and have a 2 1/2 year old son, the sports coupes and 2 seaters had to go..
So after selling my last 2009 e92 ///M3, I was in, what I THOUGHT was a bad situation. BMW stopped making the e90 m3's and the m5 is just too big a car for me. So I was really upset, thinking "Jeez.. there's NOTHING out there for me to get" NOTHING...
There was 1 2011 m3 sedan in jerez black available, in which I hate that color on the m3 and also the rear tail lights are just plain UGLY.
I was "this" close to just telling my salesman to grab it for me... but something suddenly dawned upon me...
"Hmmmm MAYBE I could give my buddy at Benz a call and see waht kind of numbers he would have on a C63 sedan"
I called him, and set up an appointment for a test drive...
I headed over there with very low expectations and wasn't excited about it at all.. Especially after my terrible experience at AUDI and the test drive of the S4.. UGH...
To make a long story short, I pulled into the dealership, and as I was getting out of my car, out rolls this GORGEOUS BLACK BEAUTY with the GROWL/ROAR of something OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! There it was...
the C63 AMG, black on black, with my salesman in the driver seat grinning at me...
I hopped in, and within 10 seconds og pressing the gas pedal, I had totally forgot about my M3 and Bmw. hahahahhaha
The rest is history... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!!~
Forgive me for being so ignorant and close minded fellow Benz owners..
I was wrong, DEAD WRONG. I hope I am welcome to join this forum, and I look forward to reading threads and posts about this AMAZING VEHICLE.
Thanks for your time... Here are a few pics i snapped this afternoon

Oh! Please, by all means, help me out and suggest some basic mods that I can start thinking about hooking her up with... Any tips and insight would be greatly appreciated!!!
Welcome!!! I just made the switch as well coming from an M5 and also had a M3. Couldn't be more happy with the performance and service from the dealership. BMW wore on me especially the salespeople and dealership service.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by SL_84
Only at 450 miles so far, still gotta break this baby in! Afterwards, Eurocharged is getting a call, LOL!

Excuse my french, but I *** LOVE this CAR!!! I seriously feel like I'm in a Supercar !!!
(well it is IMO) but seriously, I have never had such pleasure in pressing on the gas pedal and feeling that torque...

Furthermore, Lol on the "'M3 on the track" comments.. Good point, in the 10 years I've owned ///M's, I have never even been to a track.. Lol.. Now I'm not knocking track lovers nor ///Ms.. but this thing has any ///M that i have ever owned CRUSHED by a landslide in almost all aspects... again, this is just my opinion.

I'm just supergeeked.. and look forward to chatting with you guys in the future..
Thanks again...
sounds like a plan! PM me and I will hook you up new member style!

You thing you like it now......hell wait till you add 50whp and a healthy exhaust note from opening up the throttle body more!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
congratulations...

i was in the same boat. ive had an E60 M5 and was set on the new F10 M5 but their late arrival and my lack of patience caused me to make the switch to AMG.

test drove the 2012 c63 and was going to buy one, but those tight seat side bolsters were just too cramped for me. being about 6 ft and 230 lbs, my head constantly rubbed against the headliner, even with the seat adjusted all the way down.

so then i looked to the E63. lots more room, and ofcourse more money, but the interior just didnt do it for me. too industrial looking. to me for a car this expensive, the interior should have alot more leather and alot less rubber/plastic.

so i then turned to the CLS63. sat in one in the dealership showroom and thought - '"now this is more like it"

so i finally ordered a 2012 CLS63 with AMG P.P. and premium package/night view assist.

all being said even though there are pros and cons to each; the //M's and AMG's, i still think the BMW interiors are a step above mercs. eg, the new I-drive with the 10" superwide screen pretty much leave the MB navi in the dust. and even the cls IMO is STILL a step behind the new F10 M5 in terms of interior quality and class, and modern design.

i cant believe MB still uses the same tiny navi screen .

even the 200,00 dollar SLS uses the same navi !!!

the interior of the new C63 IS gorgeous though, really liked it when i sat in it.

anyway, now we get to enjoy huge torque and big exhaust sound, stock...

Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 AM
JCH

2009 C63
Welcome and congrats! Here's a cheap mod - delete the resonator and install straight pipes for $100. Just did this to mine and love the sound. Definitely louder,but not obnoxious. Then, as mentioned previously get a tune and add 50hp. That should hold you for awhile.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:15 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
Congratulations and welcome. I am a new owner of a C63 and I absolutely love the sound, feel, ride and performance of the car.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM

C63
Thumbs up

Congrats! I also just got my C63 a few days ago (afer months of searching for the right one) and am obsessed with the car too! I keep looking for reasons to go drive it! (I've already been to the gas station about 5 times within a week).

I plan on doing a tune in the next month or two (most likely EuroCharge) as soon as I can stand not being able to drive the car for a couple days while I send in the ECU. I'll probably wait till I take my next trip out of town...

Anyway just wanted to say congrats. Let me know what you decide to do in terms of cosmetic and performance mods...

Thanks again...
Old 02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
JCH

2009 C63
C63insd - Nothing against Eurocharge, but ACG in Kearny Mesa can do a tune while you wait. Had mine done there. James and Peter are great. Give them a call at 877-422-4736.

Last edited by JCH; 02-02-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Originally Posted by melmanc55
Congrats and welcome! I'll have to admit i've always likes the looks of the M3s better. At the end of the day the power, sound and straight line performance of the AMG cars it unmatch by anything in it's class. It's addictive

P.S. I have never been of the idea that these cars (M3s and C63s) were originally designed and built to be tracked. They are people haulers that have some sportness in them that can be track if you just HAVE to. Mercedes and BMW are trying every year to make these cars better on the track. True sports cars that are meant for the track do not have four doors and four seats. I think better options out there if you are big on "tracking" your cars. IMHO.
While I would agree that your depiction of a true sports car is correct, that doesn't mean a C63 sedan can't be a formidable track car with the right setup. I have given only a handful of point by's in nearly two dozen track days and each one was to a Z06 (all were modified and wearing R comps). Actually being in a MB just makes it more fun to spend all day passing all those true sports cars and generates a ton of conversation with other drivers who never expected it. That would also include 15 minutes talking shop with Cass Whitehead who was on the track with me while providing demo rides in the Cayman R. He and the other Porsche academy driver stopped by to ask about the AMG while ignoring the 100 or so P cars that were there.

When I can I will be getting a dedicated track car but only because I don't want to keep stressing the Mercedes not because of it's performance.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM

09 c63 amg
Smile

same here i use to have e46m3 AA SC gen6 smg i sold my car 4 months ago
Man what a blast as soon i get my hands behind c63 i never looked back
Im gonna miss my m3 vert only in summer time other than that c63 hands down.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Welcome! Black does look the meanest!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30

Thanks again...
After a tune you will be amazed again!