Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
I don't have a problem with dealers selling above MSRP if they can get it. As someone said earlier, it's simple supply and demand. As a businessman I can understand why they would do this--as an enthusiast, I feel the same anger others have mentioned. But remember guys, these are nonessential "luxury" items and we don't need to buy them--if this was done with bread or water, I'd have a problem with it. Over MSRP pricing is done all of the time on limited edition high demand items.

Now, ordering a car for someone at MSRP and then telling them it's not available or available at a higher price is a scumbag thing to do and is wrong, plain and simple. I've got no problem over charging someone up front and if they know about it from day one--I'm a firm believer in letting the market set the price.

There's no shortage of people in this world who think we "overpaid" for our cars, even if we got them under invoice
Old 02-11-2012, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W164 ML500,SMART For two,1994 C280(5speed manual) 1999 C230k station wagon
Good points, as for the basic things such as "bread and water" and things that are needed then perhaps that would be called price gouging, there are many AMG owners outside the U.S. that would say we under paid or recieved great deals for these cars because they pay doubled or maybe tripled the amount.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:44 AM

E63 S
Originally Posted by jrcart
Well I am very happy to say that I just got off the phone with my dealership and I have a C63 Black Series with my name on it. They received the PO this afternoon and my name is on it.

This is obviously a victory for me but it's a victory for the power of social media

Makes your first post seem a little too drama laden then, no? Might want to reconsider the "FU's" in the future, as you might just get what you're asking for.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
RCG

C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP and many more
Originally Posted by a430v
Jrcart: You won't regret the 4.0 - the very last GT car with the Metzger block, bound to become a classic. Speaking from experience - on my 3rd variant of GT3.

Yes - the BS ordering process has been a debacle. My local GM was 85% - 90% sure of a 2nd car, but MBUSA dropped the ball on him. Then after searching far and wide for an allocation, I finally found one, but was told I couldn't order any of the carbon stuff or the track pack... Excuse me?... Destined to never be an AMG owner. :-P
Mezger, not Metzger. Just for the book.

Regarding the C63 AMG Coupe BS: I just bought a C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP over here in Germany but the dealer also offered me a BS. This car is actually sold out over here but apparently there are some available. He didn't ask for any mark-up but I preferred the low mileage and fully loaded demo car (Coupe PP) for almost half the money.

I know that the BS is a very special version but if you look closely at the car and what it offers, the non-BS Coupe PP/DP looks like a bargain. Especially since dealers over here in Germany are willing to provide huge rebates. Not so much on the BS version.

As to the next gen 911 Turbo (type 991) some people mentioned: It won't be available before 2013. If you want a performance Porsche NOW, nothing beats the 997 Turbo S or the 997 GT2 RS. The GT3 RS 4.0 is a very special (and very likely unique) car because of the, probably, last of the kind Mezger engine but performance-wise, even the 997 Turbo S beats it from 0-60 and 0-125 mph. Unless of course you want to track race it, then the GT3 RS 4.0 would be better.

Last edited by RCG; 02-11-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by e1000
Not sure if this was said yet, but IMO:

MERCEDES BENZ OF NAPERVILLE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would you say that? Did you have a bad experience with them. They were not the issue in this particular situation. Everyone from my salesman to sales manager up to the GM was working hard to get me a car. They were not yanking my chain and kept me posted with updates at least a couple times a week and I was even copied on several emails. When the wheels came off this thing my salesman starting calling around to other dealers and used the Mercedes Star Net to pin point unsold allocation trying to get me a car even if it meant me buying direct through another dealer and him missing out on the deal and commision all together, therefore I would not say they suck, quite the opposite actually, they went to bat for me on this car more than any dealership ever has in the past. They went above and beyond and I would highly reccomend them to anyone.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
with an earlier post you mentioned buying a Porsche and throwing your money to Stuttgart, fyi, Mercedes Benz is head quartered in Stuttgart also. It always upsets me when cars are limited production because it means A-hole dealers will lie and gouge preying upon our dreams and desires, scum they are who take a deposit and then cal you later demanding more blood money, same with the speculators who buy cars to "flip" Porsche apparently has a "speculator list", I heard dealers will catch grief if they sell to those people, its not a self correcting problem, over MSRP sales overtime weaken brand loyalty and discourage all but those who have more money than sense, so what may work for Ferrari wont for Mercedes and Porsche. To stop this we must stand together and refuse to pay more than MSRP, we must complain about dealers that do it and avoid doing any business with them, I do recall the Mitsubishi guys had a list of dealers who marked up the evos so they wouldn't patronize them. I've seen this ploy many times where you have a deal for MSRP and then the dealership "cant get the car anymore" which means they sold it for more than MSRP to someone else after locking in your order to get the allocation, they incur little risk because if the over MSRP guy flakes they can still sell it to you
Great post, maybe somebody should start a thread with such a list here on MB world, LOL I have 4 dealerships I can add to the list right away LOL.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CPBRI
Makes your first post seem a little too drama laden then, no? Might want to reconsider the "FU's" in the future, as you might just get what you're asking for.
Not sure what you are getting at but the FU's obviously worked just fine. Bottom line is that their (AMG/MB) flawed system of handing out allocations caused my distress that led to anger and the FU's I posted in the first place. I know for a fact that this thread and the one I posted on AMG Private Lounge made it way way up the food chain at AMG in Germany and it along with several other people that posted somewhat similar stories opened up some eyes and might result in some changes that could benefit all of us in the future. Obviously someone saw the error and corrected it because if they didn't care they would not have corrected the problem withing 48 hours of it cropping up.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:31 PM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
Originally Posted by black-clk500
I don't have a problem with dealers selling above MSRP if they can get it. As someone said earlier, it's simple supply and demand. As a businessman I can understand why they would do this--as an enthusiast, I feel the same anger others have mentioned. But remember guys, these are nonessential "luxury" items and we don't need to buy them--if this was done with bread or water, I'd have a problem with it. Over MSRP pricing is done all of the time on limited edition high demand items.

Now, ordering a car for someone at MSRP and then telling them it's not available or available at a higher price is a scumbag thing to do and is wrong, plain and simple. I've got no problem over charging someone up front and if they know about it from day one--I'm a firm believer in letting the market set the price.
Actually I feel the opposite of you, bread and water fuel and food are all commodities, their values fluctuate from day to day, a car is something a company builds to sell its a toy and it is a want not a need, a car company sets a price to build market share and brand loyalty, the MSRP is set by the company as to what they feel the price should be, if you are a dealer you have a responsibility to build brand loyalty and excitement, not frustration and anger, when the people stick it to us on limited editions it ruins the fun. I'm an example of this, I was interested in the C63 BS 2 things made me change my mind, 1) all of them have the panoramic roof-bleccch 2) the prospect of dealing with annoying dealer behavior and ridiculous markups without firm contracts. These kind of dealers expect us to buy without any solid price? Who spends this kind of money without a firm contract amt/$, nobody in this financial position finds this reasonable
Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
My take is that MB builds the black series cars as a "look what we can do." They build a limited run of cars that are guaranteed to sell out. The hope is that this drives more people in general to MB and AMG, thus increasing market share overall.

People had deposits down before there was ever a whiff of a c63 bs being built.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:30 AM

A snail...
Originally Posted by RCG

Regarding the C63 AMG Coupe BS: I just bought a C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP over here in Germany but the dealer also offered me a BS. This car is actually sold out over here but apparently there are some available. He didn't ask for any mark-up but I preferred the low mileage and fully loaded demo car (Coupe PP) for almost half the money.

I know that the BS is a very special version but if you look closely at the car and what it offers, the non-BS Coupe PP/DP looks like a bargain. Especially since dealers over here in Germany are willing to provide huge rebates. Not so much on the BS version.

As to the next gen 911 Turbo (type 991) some people mentioned: It won't be available before 2013. If you want a performance Porsche NOW, nothing beats the 997 Turbo S or the 997 GT2 RS. The GT3 RS 4.0 is a very special (and very likely unique) car because of the, probably, last of the kind Mezger engine but performance-wise, even the 997 Turbo S beats it from 0-60 and 0-125 mph. Unless of course you want to track race it, then the GT3 RS 4.0 would be better.
You are correct - Mezger. Are you "RC" from Rennteam?...
Old 02-12-2012, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by RCG

Great post....I've owned only one Porsche but I did it right buying a brand new 04 GT3 9 years ago. Amazing car which I still miss but the money I got for it made selling when I did a no-brainer. Interesting to learn the 4.0 can be had at msrp from jrcart and smp, that is probably going to be one of those very rare cases of an auto that can be classed as an "investment".

I can see the appeal of the Black Series AMGs though- they offer good handling along with rarity and good daily usability. But if you can get a non-bs in europe for half the money you are right to jump on it esp if you're modding (which I'm assuming you do). I buy all my cars new with the exception of the amg's I've owned...the low mile/demo cars make amazing buys especially since my good friend always likes the latest and greatest.

jrcart....congrats at winning out over corporate greed and we all look forward to seeing your car progress once you take delivery. The c63 bs sounds like a great car with the trick new trans and all the r&d since your clk was released.

Last edited by transferred; 02-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by hhughes1
100% Agreed

I am sure they started out in damage control seeing how much negative exposure was generated by your experience. Couple that with the obvious plus side PR that will unfold as you document the new Black for so many to follow........it's a no brainer for MB. So many companies are just starting to understand the impact of social media upon the real world and adjusting their business protocol to take advantage. I would imagine the Facebook IPO announcement will accelerate the changes for many companies even more.

More importantly, I am very excited that this worked out for you and looking forward to follow the journey!
+1

And when it comes to social media and getting a more favorable result... traffic is king, as JRCART observes. Glad it worked out for him by venting here, and can't wait to see what he and Weistec do with the C63BS.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:58 AM

C55
I didn't take the time to read all the replies so sorry if this is redundant but...even though it was a bummer you filled out all tha papers, gave deposit, etc...MB doesn't have to build the car, nor send it to the dealership. MB dealerships are franchises, not corp owned. You have picked an incredibly low volume car...to custom order is even worse. I thought about ordering, until my dealership told me "realistically, it could be 12 months and you still might not get it". I had a 2009. Just picked up my 2012 yesterday. It took them 3 days to get the dealer that had it to agree to transfer it and my local dealership had to trade them their 2012 coupe.

Bottom line, it's a rediculous car and even more rare by the day (by design). Personally, I'm glad MB chose the fulfillment model they did. I'm willing to bet you can search the big, bad, wide open "innanets" and find the 2012 that is equal or close to your specs and buy it w/o a premium.

As for your joint marketing "offer" with all the "mods"...lol. Save it. MB doesn't need your help creating buzz and mystique...they have done so already...case in point, you're dying for one and can't get one!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
congrats everything is going is back on track for you to have your ride, hopefully u dont have to wait much longer
, Cant wait to see what you do to this thing , Love your 1st BS .
Old 02-18-2012, 12:55 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
Originally Posted by caj77
I didn't take the time to read all the replies so sorry if this is redundant but...even though it was a bummer you filled out all tha papers, gave deposit, etc...MB doesn't have to build the car, nor send it to the dealership. MB dealerships are franchises, not corp owned. You have picked an incredibly low volume car...to custom order is even worse. I thought about ordering, until my dealership told me "realistically, it could be 12 months and you still might not get it"
Bottom line, it's a rediculous car and even more rare by the day (by design). Personally, I'm glad MB chose the fulfillment model they did. I'm willing to bet you can search the big, bad, wide open "innanets" and find the 2012 that is equal or close to your specs and buy it w/o a premium.

As for your joint marketing "offer" with all the "mods"...lol. Save it. MB doesn't need your help creating buzz and mystique...they have done so already...case in point, you're dying for one and can't get one!
If you read the rest of the thread, you would have found out that MBUSA caved in.
I guess JRCART has a little more pull than you do...
Old 02-18-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Not exactly. The GT-R has the performance to back it up and devastates the likes of the 458,keeps up with a Porsche 997.2TT and even kills the SLS.

Summery: With the GT-R you're getting a Supercar for relatively cheap. With the C63 BS you're just getting a C class on steroids.
meh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...ures/powerlaps

Last edited by mei35inted; 04-06-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
e55
Originally Posted by ryanc43amg
First of all it is spelt summary and secondly you have no idea what your talking about. The GT-R around an average track (let's say Top Gear) is slower than the new SLS Roadster. The SLS Coupe hasn't even been around the track and it would go around even quicker than a SLS Roadster, so I don't understand why you think a GT-R would kill a SLS in terms of performance because it wouldn't.

try 1.17.8 for the GT-R
Old 02-18-2012, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
First of all it is spelt summary and secondly you have no idea what your talking about. The GT-R around an average track (let's say Top Gear) is slower than the new SLS Roadster. The SLS Coupe hasn't even been around the track and it would go around even quicker than a SLS Roadster, so I don't understand why you think a GT-R would kill a SLS in terms of performance because it wouldn't.

Um... I don't normally ever correct someone online for spelling mistakes as we are all guilty from time to time but just so you know "spelt" is actually "spelled"... you might want to think about your own spelling before trying to correct someone else.

Second, I actually think you are the one who is confused. Show me where a 2012 GTR is slower than an SLS around a track... what are the Nurburgring times Ryan? The GTR is almost 14 seconds faster on the Ring (and that's a 2011 version I believe and we know the 2012 is faster). Heck, even a lowly Lexus LFA is faster around the Ring than the SLS (and we all know the Lexus is just a Toyota ). Seems to me the GTR is one of the fastest cars out there at any price... we know you have a hate on for anything not branded Mercedes Benz but why you are so anti GTR is beyond me (other than being a brand elitist). It is faster than the SLS... roadster or coupe... whether you like it or not. I'm not saying it is a better car necessarily but it is faster in almost every way. Anyway, this is off topic.

Last edited by gthal; 02-19-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red

That is an incomplete list......try this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ower_Lap_Times

It is interesting that the SLS roadster was faster than the coupe
Old 02-19-2012, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by gthal
Um... I don't normally ever correct someone online for spelling mistakes as we are all guilty from time to time but just so you know "spelt" is actually "spelled"... you might want to think about your own spelling before trying to correct someone else.
Actually, spelt is spelled correctly, but not commonly used as a past tense of spell in the US. I learned British English growing up, and used both spelt and spelled.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by rage2
Actually, spelt is spelled correctly, but not commonly used as a past tense of spell in the US. I learned British English growing up, and used both spelt and spelled.

Point noted and you are correct... I noticed it because the spell checker on the Macbook flagged it as an error... blame Apple, not me I knew I didn't correct other people's spelling for a reason I do, however, stand by the rest of my post

Last edited by gthal; 02-19-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:36 AM

GT2 C63 and yo sister
Originally Posted by hhughes1
That is an incomplete list......try this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ower_Lap_Times

It is interesting that the SLS roadster was faster than the coupe
beter visibility? did the roadster have the adaptive dampers?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
E55, SL63, ML550
Jcart-- Go to Brumos Porsche/Mercedes in Jacksonville for no mark up on either your BS or GT3 4.0
Old 02-19-2012, 01:24 PM

meh

Last edited by mei35inted; 04-06-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Now leave me alone while I smoke my California green. and cruise down to the beach today in my 190SL for some lunch and beer
Well that explains a lot...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Absolute Disgust With MB/AMG Regarding my C63 BS Order