C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes-Benz Dealerships to Stay Away From

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl600
They did give the estimate but when asked what the labor rate was they declined to say.They just gave the total job cost with no breakdown of parts and labor.Tom
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
My SA (kevin or kyle?) at MB Encino told me my mods wouldn't get documented. Despite my gifts, I found out the hard way and they declined me an extended warranty without an inspection because of "aftermarket modifications" which was on my MB USA record (this was from another dealer I called and had never been to). Either SA or one of his service techs... didn't bother to find out and doesn't really matter at this point.

Bottom line if you're modded don't go to this dealer (MB Encino).
Old 03-12-2013, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by BerBer63
My SA (kevin or kyle?) at MB Encino told me my mods wouldn't get documented. Despite my gifts, I found out the hard way and they declined me an extended warranty without an inspection because of "aftermarket modifications" which was on my MB USA record (this was from another dealer I called and had never been to). Either SA or one of his service techs... didn't bother to find out and doesn't really matter at this point.

what was the extent of your mods? just the x pipe in your sig?

my SA told me i am fine for any bolt on cosmetics like diffuser, spoiler etc. if I mess around with the exhaust then that part only is not covered
Old 03-12-2013, 12:12 AM

2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BerBer63

That is interesting, I go to Keyes for service. Donald in service is a pretty good guy there. They seem like they would overlook things like this there but not sure.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:50 PM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Autobahn Motors, Belmont CA
I had a bad sales experience here, it is a shame because it is just a couple of miles from my house.

As soon as the C63 Coupe was launched at the motor show I went to the dealer to get my name on the waiting list. I paid a small deposit and even though the order book wasn't out for the car yet I told him what I was looking for based on the 2011 sedan options. That was in April and in June I get a call about a build date being assigned so I go to the dealer and meet the sales guy and new car sales manager. I then get some BS song and dance about how there were no performance package build dates and that AMG might not offer them the first year or at all. He tried his hardest to push me into options I didn't want so I said I'd think about it and get out of there.

The second I got home I called Smythe European and spoke to the sales manager and he confirmed what I thought, he was making it all up. I met with the manager at Smythe and he even showed me all the order screens and part availability info and there was noting about the PP not being offered. That sealed the deal right there and the sales process there was great. They bumped me to the front of their order list since the existing orders were for the dealership and even managed to get me the Edition 1.
Autobahn even tried to make me wait three days to get my deposit back!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CaliSun

The second I got home I called Smythe European and spoke to the sales manager and he confirmed what I thought, he was making it all up. I met with the manager at Smythe and he even showed me all the order screens and part availability info and there was noting about the PP not being offered. That sealed the deal right there and the sales process there was great. They bumped me to the front of their order list since the existing orders were for the dealership and even managed to get me the Edition 1.
Did you go back to Autobahn Motors and tell them they're full of sh*t when you confirmed with another dealer that they were lying to your face?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by CaliSun
I had a bad sales experience here, it is a shame because it is just a couple of miles from my house.

As soon as the C63 Coupe was launched at the motor show I went to the dealer to get my name on the waiting list. I paid a small deposit and even though the order book wasn't out for the car yet I told him what I was looking for based on the 2011 sedan options. That was in April and in June I get a call about a build date being assigned so I go to the dealer and meet the sales guy and new car sales manager. I then get some BS song and dance about how there were no performance package build dates and that AMG might not offer them the first year or at all. He tried his hardest to push me into options I didn't want so I said I'd think about it and get out of there.

I have to agree. They've been questionable about a few things. I went their once to look at an E63 and the sales person acted like I was some rookie driver who had no clue what an AMG was about. Even when I expressed interest, he said crazy stuff like - I need a deposit to even consider your business.

Their service department hasn't been the greatest either.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
is autobahn service any good and competent? I have a car being sent there for a PPI this friday.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:12 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by neoprufrok
I have to agree. They've been questionable about a few things. I went their once to look at an E63 and the sales person acted like I was some rookie driver who had no clue what an AMG was about. Even when I expressed interest, he said crazy stuff like - I need a deposit to even consider your business.

Their service department hasn't been the greatest either.
I get mine serviced at Smythe, it is a bit far but the service has been good so far. The receptionist is pretty good to, when she saw my distance she gave me service dates with loaners available.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by JamE55
Did you go back to Autobahn Motors and tell them they're full of sh*t when you confirmed with another dealer that they were lying to your face?
I told my sales guy the other dealer would be able to get me one and he said 'oh he's got you hooked really good telling you what you want to hear. Fast forward to a few months after I got my car and they were the only place that had a replacement for a flat tire. I saw that sales guy right as they pull the car up and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. I guess Autobahn hadn't seem an edition 1 coupe. Lol

I don't like burning bridges but damn that felt good!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
had a bad experience with autobahn service department. quoted me $250 for a ppi last week and i went ahead to schedule it. on the day of the ppi theyre saying its $365. needless to say im going to an indy shop.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:40 AM

C63
Lonestar Mercedes- Calgary AB Canada. Guys tried to **** me over by making me pay $1000 more then what MB Canada said it would cost to take the financing from the previous owner.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:33 PM

2003 Lexus GS 430, 2012 C63 AMG w/ pp
At this point, I would say stay away from Victoria Star in Kitchener.

Along other service issues, the most recent one is the one which is the tipping point for me. They are going to get back to me again so will update everyone later.

At the 2nd summer meet this year, Fung63 pointed out that my CF spoiler wasn't fitted properly and there was a small gap on one side. I thought I would take it to Mercedes, but didn't want to go until I had to get an oil change. Anyways at that time the car was less than 20K kms, but I went for an Oil change just now at 22500 and asked them to look at it. They told me the fitment isn't proper and they will have to replace rather than refit the current spoiler but it isn't covered under warranty as I am out of the 20K adjustment period warranty. They want to charge $ 2500 for it.

To me it is ridiculous as I wouldn't inspect something like this considering I bought the car from a dealership. I didn't notice it as I don't wash the car. I could have gone before the 20K adjustment period if I knew of that my 4 year warranty doesn't apply to it and only the 20K does. My frustration with them is the fact that an average consumer doesn't understand the different warranty periods, and if they are not going to inspect the cars themselves before selling, they should ensure that the purchaser understands the various adjustment periods and doesn't assume that the 4 year warranty would cover things like that.

Either way, I am gonna let them get back to me and then I will probably go speak to their manager depending on what they say.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Just order a front new spoiler from Benzwerks in Socal (949) 515-7530. CF less than 300.00 and it fits like a glove.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM

2003 Lexus GS 430, 2012 C63 AMG w/ pp
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Just order a front new spoiler from Benzwerks in Socal (949) 515-7530. CF less than 300.00 and it fits like a glove.
but I bought the car from them in January. I have a 160 km round trip commute so a lot of kms, but still only 6 month old car. I won't be willing to a pay a penny to get it fixed.

I got the performance package and the CF spolier is part of it, so I shouldn't have to pay for their poor quality fitting to begin with.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 MB C63 AMG. 2014 MUSTANG COVERTIBLE V6. 2010 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE V6.
mercedes benz of honolulu fk with ur car definitely
Old 04-16-2015, 11:28 AM

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
2006 C55
Thumbs down

Mercedes Benz of Collierville, TN.

Went in a while back, was looking at those CLA AMGs, they had one in stock, on the floor. I wanted to test drive it, I was told it was being held for someone who put down a deposit on it - fair enough. The manager of the dealership told me he would start up the engine and give it a few revs, I told him please don't if someone has already put down a deposit on it. He did it anyways, really high revs..kinda rude considering someone was planning on buying the car.

Went back 2 weeks later...same CLA AMG on the floor, talked to the manager and he didn't remember me, said it's been sitting here for a while, never had a deposit. I tried to test drive it and he told me I couldn't, he said we needed to agree to pricing first...I said ok what if we agree to pricing and I test drive the car and don't like it? He couldn't really give me an answer...very shady and confusing.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:07 AM

Received 199 Likes on 113 Posts
2015 ML400 4MATIC, 2014 E350 4MATIC, 2006 E350
Originally Posted by tdotjag
As far as MB goes, stay away from the Mississauga dealership in Ontario, Canada. As mentioned in previous posts, I went in to check out the c63 after going to the gym. 5 separate salesmen looked right at me then walked the other way. I ended up leaving but came back the next week (I work walking distance from the dealership) dressed in a suit and I had every guy in the place ask if I needed assistance. I work in a field where cust service is huge (investment industry). I would never judge people this way and it pays off in more ways than one. It's normally the person who walks in looking like they just rolled out of bed that has the most $$$.
there service is absolutely TERRIBLE. The service advisors don't want to do anything. They seem uninterested in the situation all the time.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:53 PM

Mercedes Benz C230 K Coupe 1.8 (supercharged)
Mercedes Dealership Autobahn motors in Belmont, Bay area... They try to squeeze every penny off you.. i went one day to ask for a duplicate of the KEY a C class 2004... the guy said it was 310 dollars and 100 and something for the Programming.. and we all know the somehow Old mercedes keys come Pre Programmed, so i knew he was crookish

i went to Pleaseanton.. bought it for 213 dollars... and they gave me even a better key.. a new model.. beautiful