C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec new Bullet proof 722.9 transmission handles 1000 ft/lbs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I've been in Brazil the last couple of weeks and will be home next week. The car has literally been in the shop having the BS physical transformation done along with some BS mechanical upgrades for road racing since April. The new ram air hood system is almost finished so hopefully it will all come together within the next couple of weeks. Then its off to the track again. Probbaly not drag racing until the fall due to the current weather(heat) so I'm planning to hit Roebling Road and Sebring within the next two months. I'll be able to give you some tranny updates then. Thanks for your patience.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Looking forward to updates on the build. Sebring, you luck dog. Great track.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ecampbell
"you guys have been talking more crap than anyone on this forum......" please show me what i have been saying that i have not backed up.

The only reason I pick on you is because you are so interested in what other companies are doing yet you have no interest in using their products.
Guilt by association I guess. The company you keep as they say...

Your reasons to pick on me have zero merrit. If you knew anything about me you would know how wrong you are. Unlike you Earl, I am a true enthusiast. I research and put in the wrench time with many cars I own. I go to the track as often as I can. I dont just open my wallet and let companies go ***** nilly and see what sticks. At this point I still cannot see a reason to SC the C63. I hardly find justification tuning for headers as the difference in performance is hardly worth it to me. I find it pretty funny how you think lending money to people for profit so you can help the platform is you being a hobbyist. That speaks volumes.

Now getting to the level of Keith and Mike and a few others seems to get some decent numbers. The reasons though are quite obvious. The C63 is a big fat pig. Shed the weight and you can get some nice times. If I told you the gut your BS so you could shave a few 10ths would you? I see what the C63 can do and what it cant. I own cars that are much quicker out of the box so I get my speed fix on those. I drive the C63 for what it is. A badass 4 door that puts down some really good numbers with a tune only. Beyond that its loud and obnoxious (with headers) in my opinion and hardly a DD.

Now back to your point of no interest, show me a C63 with a SC that can outperform a C63 with headers + tune and doesnt blow up the tranny every other week and I might be interested. Until then, ill stick to my other toys and keep my C63 as it is and keep asking questions until I see some solid repeatable results that dont blow up every track day. I have cars that break like that already, I dont need another one as my life has changed significantly in the last 7 years. (Married, 3 kids ect)

So just like I know very little about you Earl, I think its safe to say you know very little about me as well. So as they say, dont ASSume. It makes an *** out of you and me.

Last edited by propain; 07-10-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
[QUOTE=propain;5275586]Guilt by association I guess. The company you keep as they say...

I presume the above is as close you would ever come to saying you were wrong.

The company I keep? I spend most of my time in Switzerland and South Africa so please tell me who you are referring to.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
[quote=ecampbell;5275658]
Originally Posted by propain
Guilt by association I guess. The company you keep as they say...

I presume the above is as close you would ever come to saying you were wrong.

The company I keep? I spend most of my time in Switzerland and South Africa so please tell me who you are referring to.
Keep presuming.

Nothing really more to add. Ive wasted enough time on you and I got my answer from Keith already.

Thanks for this chuckle though. Take care.

I have offered to and have financed other people's projects in the interest of furthering the platform so I don't think I am the worst kind of hobbyist
Old 07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Since when are we not allowed to ask questions about a product? I wasn't aware of the questions only with the intent to buy policy on this forum.

I have some input to add regarding these upgrades.

I've had the torque converter and valve body installed since April of this year. The converter stalls to 2500-2600 rpm and the shifts seem lightning quick but the car was physically slower at the track. This was attributed to a trans adaptation issue after several discussions with Weistec. So, I proceeded to put some hard miles on the car to help with the adaptation. I went back to the track the following week made one clean run and broke an axle on my second run.

I haven't been to the track since because it's been too damn hot. My results are currently inconclusive and like Keith I won't be back to the track until the fall. I wish I had better news to report.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Since when are we not allowed to ask questions about a product? I wasn't aware of the questions only with the intent to buy policy on this forum.

I've had the torque converter and valve body installed since April of this year. The converter stalls to 2500-2600 rpm and the shifts seem lightning quick but the car was physically slower at the track. This was attributed to a trans adaptation issue after several discussions with Weistec. So, I proceeded to put some hard miles on the car to help with the adaptation. I went back to the track the following week made one clean run and broke an axle on my second run.

I haven't been to the track since because it's been too damn hot. My results are currently inconclusive and like Keith I won't be back to the track until the fall. I wish I had better news to report.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the feedback. Sorry about the axle. Did you deadhook? Strange that it was slower. Did the higher stall help your 60'? I always found the sweet spot was around 1600-1800. Anything beyond that and it would never shift right into 2nd and hiccup. Cant wait for the cool weather. I got some new toys to try out.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the feedback. Sorry about the axle. Did you deadhook? Strange that it was slower. Did the higher stall help your 60'? I always found the sweet spot was around 1600-1800. Anything beyond that and it would never shift right into 2nd and hiccup. Cant wait for the cool weather. I got some new toys to try out.
Deadhook and Bang! axle snapped in two. Had to be towed 100+ miles to North Jersey.

60' were no better than before the trans upgrades. I'm hoping it's just the trans adaptation issue I mentioned. Won't know until the fall.

How's the Z06?
Old 07-10-2012, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Deadhook and Bang! axle snapped in two. Had to be towed 100+ miles to North Jersey.

60' were no better than before the trans upgrades. I'm hoping it's just the trans adaptation issue I mentioned. Won't know until the fall.

How's the Z06?
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Sounds like a crap day. I see a truck and trailer in your future.

The Z is ridiculous. The power that these cars have out of the box are just amazing. My short block rebuild is VERY strong. I am still OEM and I ran another Z with a tune + CAI an exhaust and we were pretty much dead even. Check out my Youtube channel. I cant imagine how much power its going to have after the Katech Air Attack package is installed. Probably high 9. I am trapping 127 now in 80 degrees, stock tires.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Sounds like a crap day. I see a truck and trailer in your future.

The Z is ridiculous. The power that these cars have out of the box are just amazing. My short block rebuild is VERY strong. I am still OEM and I ran another Z with a tune + CAI an exhaust and we were pretty much dead even. Check out my Youtube channel. I cant imagine how much power its going to have after the Katech Air Attack package is installed. Probably high 9. I am trapping 127 now in 80 degrees, stock tires.

Is that the twin turbo package? Hopefully I can see it at a track rental some day.

I've been toying with the idea of picking up a cpo CTS-V lately. Much easier and cheaper to mod.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Is that the twin turbo package? Hopefully I can see it at a track rental some day.

I've been toying with the idea of picking up a cpo CTS-V lately. Much easier and cheaper to mod.
Its the Whipple SC package. 800HP.

Ive always wanted a CTSV. Maybe I should trade my C63 for one. If you need the 4 door than go for it. If 2 doors is good enough get a CPO Z06.

I think my next will be... meh... who knows... CLS63 probably if I dump out of the C63.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS

It's not about not being able to ask questions as that is how things progress. Propain makes statements and can't back them up. He has made statements such as

1. The company I keep
2. Spouting off about promised events
3. The high HP claims.

When pressed for proof he has none and rather Han be a man and say oops I was wrong, he simply goes onto a different topic.

Sorry about the axle but you must have know it was coming at some point.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
It's not about not being able to ask questions as that is how things progress. Propain makes statements and can't back them up. He has made statements such as

1. The company I keep
2. Spouting off about promised events
3. The high HP claims.

When pressed for proof he has none and rather Han be a man and say oops I was wrong, he simply goes onto a different topic.

Sorry about the axle but you must have know it was coming at some point.

You started in as soon as I asked the question. Why dont you go back and see the chain of events. Im changing the topic because it needs to be done. Noone cares about our little fued. If you want to have it out with me PM me. Stop being a little girl about it and let it go already.

But just in case thats not good enough....

#3.. The high HP claim...

https://mbworld.org/forums/5196587-post87.html

Here is a vid of the car. I didn't take the video but you can hear them talking about my 10.4 to the other clks 10.9. Note that was when it only had 550 to the wheels...it is now over 800...
No one has seen this chart to date of this claimed 800whp. Maybe you care to share... trust me.. if I took the time I can address every point I have made. Just look through that thread if you want to know about Earl.

Last edited by propain; 07-10-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Just support what you have said or say sorry. Why is that so hard for you to do?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Just support what you have said or say sorry. Why is that so hard for you to do?
Point #3 big mouth... should I search for the rest of your BS or is that good enough? I can go over to the other forum you use as well if you like...

Here is a vid of the car. I didn't take the video but you can hear them talking about my 10.4 to the other clks 10.9. Note that was when it only had 550 to the wheels...it is now over 800...
https://mbworld.org/forums/5196587-post87.html

Lets see the chart of that 800WHP claim Earl. As you say... Support what you have said... why is that so hard? I dont believe anyone has seen this 800WHP dyno yet...

Last edited by propain; 07-10-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I have already shared that dyno slip with people so it is hardly an unsupported statement.

Now rather than insult, please tell me about all the events I said I was going to attend.

Lastly, You have no proof I am a little girl so this is yet another unsupported statement from you.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I have already shared that dyno slip with people so it is hardly an unsupported statement.

Now rather than insult, please tell me about all the events I said I was going to attend.

Lastly, You have no proof I am a little girl so this is yet another unsupported statement from you.
And just to be clear, I believe you called bs when I discussed HP claim a couple of years ago. When I finally posted the slip you said nothing...I have no intention of showing the dyno chart to you this time.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

Post the dyno sheet. Support your claim. I have never seen it. I am sure many others would love to see this 1000 HP claim.

I will address all your other BS after that.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
I already did that once to try and satisfy you and have no need to do it again. The dyno sheet is out there and you are a resourceful person so I am sure if you ask the right person, he will give it to you. I will even help you and tell you the individual is on the east coast

Again..you call my bs yet your the one making unsupported statements.

Anyways I am tired of you as you are boring. PM me if you have any further questions.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
I already did that once to try and satisfy you and have no need to do it again. The dyno sheet is out there and you are a resourceful person so I am sure if you ask the right person, he will give it to you. I will even help you and tell you the individual is on the east coast

Again..you call my bs yet your the one making unsupported statements.

Anyways I am tired of you as you are boring. PM me if you have any further questions.

Now its "PM me" when YOU are the one who needs to support a claim. You just spent 10 posts asking me to support my claims and now you are bored because it blew up in your face. Thank you for making yourself look like a fool. Not that you needed any more help but I am glad you decided to make this public so others can see rather than take it to PM.

Ill be waiting for that chart. You made the claim, you support it. I'm not calling BS, I just want to see it.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Learning to make clams and not support them from you. You are my hero.

To show I am a reasonable person, as soon as you have supported all your claims against me I will post the dyno sheet.

Deal?
Old 07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Petro thanks for the info. I was looking at doing the same upgrade as you.

Could you confirm the following for me?
After the installation of new convertor and valve body the car ran slower down the 1/4 mile??what were your times and mph?

Thanks
H
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
I am so happy I turn the spammers myself - at least I know pro pain approves of me. There's pics on the otherwise with my lacoste overall. I had to sell my wallet to get it.

Last edited by GeorgeSmooth; 07-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Learning to make clams and not support them from you. You are my hero.

To show I am a reasonable person, as soon as you have supported all your claims against me I will post the dyno sheet.

Deal?
Nope. I'm not making any deals with anyone with as little integrity as you. Post your chart and support your claim. You spent 10 posts ignoring 90% of what I posted asking me to support what I said. Now its my turn. I proved you claimed 1000 HP and 800+ WHP. Now support that claim or go away.

Now you are leaning from me? You couldn't possibly make yourself look any worse at this point. Best bet is just go away or post your chart and move on. I gave you about 10 chances to PM me and stop this public embarrassment but you insisted. Now deal with it.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything gets good when you get back to the track in Fall.

Have you captured any pics of the broken axle ?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth
I am so happy I turn the spammers myself - at least I know pro pain approves of me. There's pics on the otherwise with my lacoste overall. I had to sell my wallet to get it.
I wish you would share more info here. I hear the build is looking good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Weistec new Bullet proof 722.9 transmission handles 1000 ft/lbs