Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From order date to delivery? Slight Rant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C363 S / 2007 SLK55 / 2016 F150 4x4 / 1998 Cobra Convertible
Yea, the lighting package pushed a lot of custom orders back quite some time. Stupid that MB would override a customer's specific order. Sad really.

Originally Posted by digi19
Ordered my c63 coupe dec. 7th. Car came in yesterday(monday). Went to pick it up and it had the regular headlights instead of the lighting package upgrade I had ordered. Mercedes took it upon themselves to not install them even though it was on the build sheet.Now they have to build a new car so the 3 month wait begins again. Talk about a tease.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x5 50i
Originally Posted by -Marlin-
I think that aggravating the situation might cause you my problems in the end. The reason your car is not there, is not the salesperson's fault.

It's kind of like blaming the waiter because your steak is under-cooked. If I was your waiter, I would take it back to the kitchen then bring you a steak with a luggie in it and watch you eat.

Lay off the salesperson and calm down. Or better yet, call AMG Germany and see how they respond to your temper tantrum.

He's asking for an update.. not the damn car, you guys who keep getting on him need to chill out also. He just spent over 70k on a car, a compact car that is and well is excited, I could understand if it was march 15th when he ordered the car on lets say march 10th, bit is april and has been a month, sometimes the process moves faster, sometimes it slows down, thats what the update is for
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM

C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
Originally Posted by ara
Hey guys, long story short.

I ordered my car first week of March, last week emailed saleslady for an update. She told me she was very busy and would get an answer for me by Thursday (last week). Didn't get an update on Friday. Emailed her again. Now it's Monday and I have no news yet. She had told me that I would receive the car sometime end of May which is fine. All I want is an update, does the car exist? Has it been built, anything.

I purposely went to her to order from all the dealers as she was always very helpful, I can imagine it's the busy season. My questions to those who ordered a car, how long did it take to receive and was it difficult to get an answer? How much longer shall I wait for my next email to her?
The fact that you ordered the car is irrelevant from a timing perspective. The important date is when the dealer finalized your order in the Mercedes system. Is it possible that she delayed that second part of the ordering process?

BTW, I don't think you are throwing a temper tantrum, just acting the part of a gear head who is anxious for an awesome new ride.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
Tomorrow it will be a week I am waiting for any news. I'll give it until Monday and I will go see her at the dealership. And see what's going on. I'm hoping that she's really busy and didn't screw up the order and trying to buy time.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
OP - I'd be annoyed if I was in your position also. I dont think you have anything to feel bad about. Leaving your customer hanging and mismanaging expectations (our outright lying) is the worst thing you can do as a salesperson.

Don't promise anything you can't or don't plan on delivering - it's insulting to your customer. Have some integrity and follow up when you say you're going to - that's customer service 101.

On a positive note, congrats on the purchase - you're going to love it!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM

x5 50i
Originally Posted by BK63amg
OP - I'd be annoyed if I was in your position also. I dont think you have anything to feel bad about. Leaving your customer hanging and mismanaging expectations (our outright lying) is the worst thing you can do as a salesperson.

Don't promise anything you can't or don't plan on delivering - it's insulting to your customer. Have some integrity and follow up when you say you're going to - that's customer service 101.

On a positive note, congrats on the purchase - you're going to love it!
agreed, updates keep your mind at ease knowing your car is being built and you have something to seriously look forward to

btw BK63amg, what part of NYC are you in? Im in LIC
Old 04-12-2012, 12:39 PM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
finally got in touch with her, she apologized for not getting back to me sooner. On her end it seems the delivery date is still end of May, no further updates. The car is not built yet. I'm bored waiting. Going to Miami beginning of May to get a nice tan and enjoy the ladies while by car hopefully floats across the pond into port
Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM

C63 On Order
Exclamation

So, let me try and get this straight. If I currently have a car on order scheduled to be built: third decade of May and it's going to be a 2012 ....

When will I realistically see my C63?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
third decade?

I don't know what the length of time of production is, let alone shipping to N.A
Old 04-12-2012, 05:39 PM

C63 On Order
Originally Posted by ara
third decade?

I don't know what the length of time of production is, let alone shipping to N.A
Apparently Mercedes breaks up the month into three 10 day periods or "decades". So: Third decade would commence from the 21st forward.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
End of May is now over. Called my sales lady on Thursday the 31st, she said she'd get some news for me by today. I called around lunch time, left a message. No news, just called again around 6:30 pm. Left another message with secretary to make sure she gets the message.

What do I do at this point? I'm starting to not enjoy this whatsoever and getting slightly bitter at this point. Not sure what to do, and at what point should I approach the director of sales?

I want the car, but I'm able to cancel at any moment and move on. I'm at an awkward stage of wanting the car now.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
I would call the GM and tell 'em what the deal is and that you're about to cancel if you don't get answers. There are plenty of dealerships out there.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 PM

(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Originally Posted by ara
End of May is now over. Called my sales lady on Thursday the 31st, she said she'd get some news for me by today. I called around lunch time, left a message. No news, just called again around 6:30 pm. Left another message with secretary to make sure she gets the message.

What do I do at this point? I'm starting to not enjoy this whatsoever and getting slightly bitter at this point. Not sure what to do, and at what point should I approach the director of sales?

I want the car, but I'm able to cancel at any moment and move on. I'm at an awkward stage of wanting the car now.
I'm amazed that you're still dealing with this imbecile.
You should've cancelled long ago, & located someone who could show you the appropriate courtesy & respect that you deserve, when outlaying your hard-earned cash, to purchase a car of this calibre.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
You should get the GM and director of sales on board. All you would need to know is the status code of your build. If this helps any, I've been tracking my statuses and mine should be at the dealer any day now.

2/23/12 - B0
3/27/12 - B1
4/2/12 - B3
4/12/12 - B4
4/25/12 - B5
5/3/12 - C20
5/26/12 - At Port
5/31 - D5

Here's the explanations.

PRODUCTION CATEGORY CODES CHART
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––
CATEGORY "A" – VEHICLE SCHEDULED
A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
CATEGORY "B" – PRODUCTION
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
CATEGORY "B" - PRODUCED/READY TO SHIP
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
CATEGORY "C" – SHIPPING
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WATER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
CATEGORY "D" – VEHICLE IN PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
CATEGORY "F" – EN ROUTE TO DEALER
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
CATEGORY "I" – AT DEALER
I1 RETAIL
Old 06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
I got a call from her at 8:56 pm. As usual she doesn't know much. She said the car is not built yet. Which REALLY disappointed me. She is emailing her contact tomorrow to know more (about *** time).

Realistically how long does a car take to produce? Then on the boat how long to N.A?

Thank you biglee
Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
Ask her for the status/category code. If she doesn't have that info, find a new sales person who can really help you.

Based on what I've seen with my build, once you get a "Production Date" this is the estimated day the car is finished building. Once you get a status/category code, you can use the dates I posted earlier to ballpark when your build will be completed.

My car left Bremerhaven on April 27th and made it to Long Beach, CA on May 26th. From there it goes to customs and then VPC, then off to the trucking company to be delivered to the dealer. I've waited 7 months for mine, but most of the hold up was my dealer not giving me the correct info so the dates they gave me were incorrect and pushing the build decade out several times. Once I got the status code, things were slowly making progress. It's an assembly line so I would think MB will have schedules to stick to. On the other hand, what you've gone through so far, take every info from the dealer with a grain of salt until you see what the MB computer system says. Ask them for a print out of the status if you have to.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
wait a sec... did you order just a normal MY2012 C63 coupe?

if you did, cancel the order and just buy a new one off the lot of a MB at a discounted price. Else, order a MY2013 C63 coupe... they start building them soon lol..
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 AM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
I ordered one with performance pack and premium pack with the 19's. When I ordered none of the dealers had what I wanted in stock. Only standard coupes
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
Originally Posted by biglee73
You should get the GM and director of sales on board. All you would need to know is the status code of your build. If this helps any, I've been tracking my statuses and mine should be at the dealer any day now.

2/23/12 - B0
3/27/12 - B1
4/2/12 - B3
4/12/12 - B4
4/25/12 - B5
5/3/12 - C20
5/26/12 - At Port
5/31 - D5

Here's the explanations.

PRODUCTION CATEGORY CODES CHART
CATEGORY "A" – VEHICLE SCHEDULED
A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
CATEGORY "B" – PRODUCTION
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
CATEGORY "B" - PRODUCED/READY TO SHIP
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
CATEGORY "C" – SHIPPING
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WATER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
CATEGORY "D" – VEHICLE IN PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
CATEGORY "F" – EN ROUTE TO DEALER
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
CATEGORY "I" – AT DEALER
I1 RETAIL
You are a legendary poster.
You are the king of c63 information.
You are invaluable to this message board.

Thank you very much for this information.
It has instantly transformed my psychiatric stability in a very positive way.

I will now be able to sleep more peacefully.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:17 AM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
I went through the same pain as most of you did and am still waiting to take delivery any day now. I'm at the F1 status.

7 months of waiting, I was checking these forums religiously. Now its time to
Old 06-05-2012, 03:59 PM
ara

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD
biglee, when you ordered your car. Did they say it would take 7 months? Or were you told something short like 3 months like I was?

Last edited by ara; 06-05-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
I guess AMGs have a much longer wait time due to smaller production runs?

I know when we ordered the wife's GLK, she wanted very specific things and in the Carneol red colour, there was no other GLK like that ready in Canada and our wait time was ... less than 2 months.

you can build a pretty nice house in less than 7 months these days... I know as I'm waiting to close my next home lol... guess cars take more time
Old 06-05-2012, 06:07 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
They kept on telling me the normal 90 days.

I have a more detailed post located at https://mbworld.org/forums/5104242-post33.html

Just received an email today and ETA to the dealership is today
Old 06-05-2012, 06:10 PM

2012 C63
Ordered mine the first week in Feb,was told tp expect delivery sometime in latter part of June.Car has been built about 10 days ago,so latter part of june is about right!!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM

c63 amg coupe
Placed the deposit for my car Dec. 7th 2011 for my 2012 coupe. Vehicle got to the dealer on April 3rd. Car didn't come in with the lighting package I had ordered due to the supplier issue so they had to order me a new car. Went with a 2013 coupe since they are building them now. Was told then that the car is being built early June and I should have it early July. I'm crossing my fingers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From order date to delivery? Slight Rant