This is a travesty..... how could they.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Car drvr

...amusing how many people seem to dislike such minor cosmetic thing, considering how many of the same people also like to put various cosmetic crap (different wheels, vinyl wraps, LED bulb replacement, carbon fiber trim, rear wings, etc.) onto their cars, crap which also has 0 effect on car's performance or fuel efficiency or anything measurable...
different wheels and carbon goodies could have a small effect on performance as far as weight goes but other than that......+63 on your comment
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 S8, 07 A6 (Sold), 06 STi (Sold)
Well, what do you guys think about what makes a great car? Is it the engine? Is it the chassis? Is it the interior? Is it the exterior? etc?

I'll tell you. It's all of above. Every little design matters in a great car. What we don't understand is for a great car like C63 BS, putting some fake tips on it just doesn't make sense. Is it a deal breaker? Nope, but it sure does seem weird for sure.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
Angry

I wouldnt care too much, but considering that AMG is the high end, I would appreciate they make everything as real as they can, fit and finish over cheapness.

The BS has too much fakeness, and dont get me wrong, I am supposed to be picking mine up in May, but this is how far they went....

Fake Brake heat extractor front.
Fake brake air cooling intake duct rear
Fake Brake heat extractor rear.
fake Exhaust tips.
MB TEX = Fake Leather......

My supra.... back in 1999, had a real brake cooling inlet, and really, its not that hard to do, so why not make these fake design elements, functional ?

Im not a hater at all, I'm just really upset about this.... I expect more.

Its like those turbo buttons on the computers back in the day... ... ...
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Wow...what a load of wanking, and you're buying this car??
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
Originally Posted by Even Money
Wow...what a load of wanking, and you're buying this car??

Now its a debate on whether I should or should not, My c63 sedan is as real as it gets.....
Old 04-17-2012, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
I prefer real exhaust tips on my car. It's my money and that is what I want on my car. Get whatever makes you happy.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM

x5 50i
Originally Posted by AMGC60-3
I am having a hard time accepting this and there must be a logical reason why this is done, my opinion is the surounding area is so close and tight that if the exhaust tips were connected to the (real) exhaust the heat transfer would melt or damage the surrounding area.
Heat is the main issue, same with the ISF, same with the S class and several other cars out there with fake tips, its because the tips are too close or are attached to the rear bumper, that would be impossible to do if they were connected and taking the brunt of the exhaust temps. it would melt the paint right off the bumper shroud

The e63 tips do attach to the exhaust, but they are still tips and not exactly part of the exhaust section imo. Unless you look at something like the tips out of the stock exhaust c63 sedans or eisenmann oval tip style for bmw.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM

1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
One of the most desirable supercars in the world also has fake exhaust tips used in the OEM design.

The exhaust tips of the forever beautiful Lamborghini Miura also has some fake aggressive looking exhaust tips that are not connected to the plain looking exhaust pipes. When I saw this in person on one of my chilhood dreamcars in person, I was quite shocked! It still has not diluted my desire for the car. It is still an all-time great car.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a durr
Originally Posted by Merc63
Wow that is hella gay.

Why the hell would they do that??
The same reason 90% of the owners on this forum are into cosmetic CF mods that offer no performance gains. People are sold on looks.