C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

So...Why used C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
You can get into an 09 in the mid 30's (low 30's if you grab it at auction). To me, a used C63 is one of the best performance bargains out there. It really is the 4 door version of a Z06

You can't get into any of these at that price, or have the same performance M5, E63, S63, S6, S8...

The only comparison, price wise is an IS-F or M3

Last edited by callmiro; 01-21-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
People keep talking about auctions. Do you have to own some kind of license to be able to see what goes on?
I would not buy an MB that is not CPO or has some standard warranty left so I think those cars are in the mid 40s.
Regarding the OP's question, you are comparing apples and oranges. the C is the smaller vehicle and direct competition is M3, ISF, and S4. The ones you mention may be in the same price range (but will be older) but are larger and due to extra weight, just do not feel as nimble.
As many have already stated, go test drive all the ones that appeal to you and it will become real clear which ones you like the best.
For most of us, the C63 came out the winner.
I have sold mine and planning on getting a new 4matic CLS63. I do not have kids but have the need for a 4 door sedan because my better half has an Audi TT convertible. My budget allows me a bigger car and even though I will miss how nimble the C is, I am finding myself less and less with the need to power slide at every corner and the thought of having a 700hp sedan with luxurious amenities (better than the C) with just a simple tune is very appealing. I would have to spend serious dollars on the C to get to that level and that would automatically void the power train warranty (I understand the consequences of a tune but it is invisible to the dealer unless they obviously check your ECU).
Anyway, good luck with your test driving and enjoy them. That is the best part of looking for a new ride.
Post some pics of the new car (even if it is not an MB , we will forgive you).

Last edited by emericr; 01-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
You have to be a licensed dealer/whole seller to get into the auctions. Alot of the cars there are actual lease returns since most of the dealers don't want to hold a large used inventory. The caliber and quality of the vehicles is often as good as any CPO.

My cousin is a licensed dealer so I see alot of good cars come from the auctions.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by callmiro
You have to be a licensed dealer/whole seller to get into the auctions. Alot of the cars there are actual lease returns since most of the dealers don't want to hold a large used inventory. The caliber and quality of the vehicles is often as good as any CPO.

My cousin is a licensed dealer so I see alot of good cars come from the auctions.
might need to connect with you when my wife's glk is returned early next year when the lease is up. need to find a truck... thinking of the GL
Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
No problem at all. He can get anything you want at way below retail.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
For the same price, you can always get an older car that had a higher original MSRP. However, the older you go, the less likely you will have factory warranty. It's for that reason that many cars like the S65 get dumped right before the factory warranty is over, because the potential cost of repair is higher than most owners are willing to deal with. Yes, for the same price, you can probably get yourself a Ferrari or an Aston Martin, but the cost of maintenance and repair is beyond most people's budget.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GT C Roadster
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Also, I realize that the M3 might be a better track car, but no one drives on a track everyday.
The M3 was mentioned as a "track car" a few times in this thread. Why do people keep saying that? Go read over on the M3 forums... From what I've seen, folks ***** about how the brakes are not up to par and can't handle track work. Look at the Laguna Seca Edition and the 10 others. Just marketing editions, no real performance enhancements. And you can't buy a GTS here in the US, but if you could, it would look very expensive compared to the C BS.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
That just seems to be the general sentiment when people compare the handling.