Sponsored by:

C63 canyon run (video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
I appreciate the feedback, but what laws did we break? We stopped at the sign, and signaled the turn. We were going at, or near, the speed limit the whole time. It must be a perspective thing that made it look sooooo fast...

The car honking at us on the way down was my cousin Steve. Good guy.

Josh

You were never "near" the speed limit, you were well over it AND the double yellow line numerous times. And there were plenty of times you were way over the line in turns you could not see thru. Those canyons are full of people doing the same thing, what if someone was coming down doing the same thing as you were going up ? Or pulling out of a blind driveway ? Or a bike crossing the road ? Or a motorcycle crossing the double yellow coming the opposite direction ? I'm all for having fun, but that was just idiotic. And posting it online with your plate in plain view for the Lost Hills Sheriffs dept to see is even more idiotic.
Attached Thumbnails C63 canyon run (video)-30mph.jpg  
Attached Images    

Last edited by PaulWdz; 04-29-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Amazing car Josh. Nice to finally meet you in person. Look forward to next drag event to see that beast dip low 10's!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
F***ING BEAST!!!!
Car sounds wicked Josh!

Last edited by _AMG_; 04-29-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
Goddamit. Now I have to take tomorrow morning off and go out to my favorite canyon run.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
I appreciate the feedback, but what laws did we break? We stopped at the sign, and signaled the turn. We were going at, or near, the speed limit the whole time. It must be a perspective thing that made it look sooooo fast...

The car honking at us on the way down was my cousin Steve. Good guy.

Josh
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Cavu
Goddamit. Now I have to take tomorrow morning off and go out to my favorite canyon run.
Which one is that?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Josh your car sounds mean.
Didn't you just rebuild the motor?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Never mind “the mystery canyon” runs.
You and GuppyC63 ought to catch up during track days to test your mettle.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 PM

none
Originally Posted by PaulWdz
You were never "near" the speed limit, you were well over it AND the double yellow line numerous times. And there were plenty of times you were way over the line in turns you could not see thru. Those canyons are full of people doing the same thing, what if someone was coming down doing the same thing as you were going up ? Or pulling out of a blind driveway ? Or a bike crossing the road ? Or a motorcycle crossing the double yellow coming the opposite direction ? I'm all for having fun, but that was just idiotic. And posting it online with your plate in plain view for the Lost Hills Sheriffs dept to see is even more idiotic.
**Yawwwwn**

Without being in the car and having a first person perspective you have no idea what the sight lines were and look like a tool commenting on them. Not having any idea what the driver's skills or knowledge of the vehicle's handling limits or surrounding conditions are and calling them an idiot makes you a douchey troll. Just because you probably don't have solid car control skills doesn't mean you should assume nobody else does, either.

Was the driving inappropriate? Perhaps. Was calling me an idiot any more appropriate? LOL, no. Get over yourself, jackass.

Originally Posted by boschk
Ok, yeah, it wasn't that clever a subterfuge. My bad.

Josh
Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 PM

CLK63 Black Series
**Yawwwwn**

Without being in the car and having a first person perspective you have no idea what the sight lines were and look like a tool commenting on them. Not having any idea what the driver's skills or knowledge of the vehicle's handling limits or surrounding conditions are and calling them an idiot makes you a douchey troll. Just because you probably don't have solid car control skills doesn't mean you should assume nobody else does, either.

Was the driving inappropriate? Perhaps. Was calling me an idiot any more appropriate? LOL, no. Get over yourself, jackass.

Ok, yeah, it wasn't that clever a subterfuge. My bad.

Josh
Sounds like I hit a nerve. Hey, you are the moron who said you didn't break any laws. I just pointed out the ones you did from the video that you were stupid enough to post online. But a quick review of your post history reveals you are not too bright when it comes to posting things online that would be better left private...your transmission grenading thread where you talk about how you abused your car daily and then went in to try and get it covered under warranty but were D- nied only further proves your idiocy.
You can justify your actions any way you like...surrounding conditions, your exceptional car control skill, lack of proper view from chase/video car...fact is you are the only one who looks like a douche here and your lame canyon run proves it once again. Take it to the track where it belongs. And oh yeah...I just emailed my buddy who is a sheriff in Malibu this link lol. Later chump.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Nice driving
I dint see u doing anything unlawful in that video

Go get that 10sec pass
Old 04-30-2012, 12:00 AM

C63 AMG
It's a friendly forum to share advice/pics/videos, stfu and enjoy the video. He was just having a lil fun like we all do at some point. awesome vid, thanx for posting! =)
Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Sounds like I hit a nerve. Hey, you are the moron who said you didn't break any laws. I just pointed out the ones you did from the video that you were stupid enough to post online. But a quick review of your post history reveals you are not too bright when it comes to posting things online that would be better left private...your transmission grenading thread where you talk about how you abused your car daily and then went in to try and get it covered under warranty but were D- nied only further proves your idiocy.
You can justify your actions any way you like...surrounding conditions, your exceptional car control skill, lack of proper view from chase/video car...fact is you are the only one who looks like a douche here and your lame canyon run proves it once again. Take it to the track where it belongs. And oh yeah...I just emailed my buddy who is a sheriff in Malibu this link lol. Later chump.
Someone's drinking some heavy doses of haterade
Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 AM

C300, C63 AMG Coupe, Fx 35
i thought it was awesome

Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 AM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by mthis
Nice driving
I dint see u doing anything unlawful in that video

Go get that 10sec pass
Did you actually type that with a straight face ?

Look I like to have some fun on the road just as much as the next guy. However I do it when there is no one around and go to great lengths to minimize risk. The roads in that video are HEAVILY used on the weekends when the weather is nice as you can see by the many bicyclists, motorcycles and other vehicles. There is little room for error - I know because I have driven them many times. I actually liked the video, I just think it was very foolish but what bothered me more is the OP's comments about not breaking the law. If you are going to do something like that, at least be man enough to own what you do and not dismiss the obvious infractions as if we are all fools and don't see it for ourselves. If you want to call that drinking the "hatorade" that's fine....just don't try to tell me no laws were broken; it insults my intelligence.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
LOL Snitch!

Nice driving OP! What are the limits of the C63 on turns?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
driving on the wrong side is not cool enless u are in the UK

On my canyon run, there was a **** load of cyclist, way too many, but they always seem to have the right...( another topic),

there was actually one hit at PCH and malibu canyon, ems, and po po were there

nice car tho
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Someone has just cried for mama
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Not cool....

Last edited by _AMG_; 04-30-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I also like the vid, but around here, there are dozens of deaths every year from cars colliding with motos. Almost all of them are because the drivers never saw the bike (failed to yield) or one of them blew a DY.

I'm just saying please be careful otherwise someone gets killed. It may not be you, but I wouldn't want blood on my hands even if it wasn't my fault.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 AM

none
Seriously? Relax bro. I'm super flattered that I'm important enough to you to research my thread history, but if you actually read the majority of either of the transmission threads you'd see that I didn't once complain about getting denied warranty service. An SA who shall remain nameless suggested I at least try it out before shelling out for a new gearbox. When it didn't happen I found an alternate solution and paid without protest. Idiocy? Not so much. Grandiosity and bravado? Yeah, probably a little more than necessary of both. Live and learn.

(Side note: You should meet LZH, I bet the two of you would get along famously. In fact, you almost sound like the same person...)

That being said, sorry I called you a jackass. I'm not a fan of the whole childish name calling thing, but unfortunately I'm also not that good at self restraint in the face of unprovoked and abusive personal attacks. It sucks that I demeaned myself by dropping to your level of dialog and wish I hadn't.

I guess I wouldn't have "insulted your intelligence" and sent you into a seething rage if I had just used a sarcastic smilie when I denied breaking any laws, huh? I'll have to remember that for next time. (see what I did with the shrug-y thing there?)

Now that that silliness is out of the way, it was good to see all you guys today, and thanks for the feedback and support. The mods really came out nice and the car is an absolute monster now. I've got to give the Weistec boys props again for a kit that bananas that doesn't throw any codes or CELs and purrs when it's supposed to and roars when it's needed. Nice.

Josh

Last edited by C63 Guy; 04-30-2012 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:58 AM

Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
nice car good driver, let's not talk bad about things you haven't even witnessed live. How do you like the handling of the car yourself? seems good right?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
jesus PaulWdz.....how is the view from up there???
thanx for coming to the forum to bless us with
your sanctimoniuos thoughts.........
do you really have a friend?? AND he's a sherriff??? WOW man!!

why don't you go polish your BS
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Great sound! Seems like just a spirited drive like we all are guilty of often anyway. Congrats on a fantastic set up...~
Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 C63 AMG
Josh is lying, his car is not that fast my car is stock and our cars was head to head at PCH doing 35mph! Lol...nice seeing you and the silver dragon again. Hahahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 canyon run (video)