Sponsored by:

I need some ENTHUSIASTS opinion.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
You're in a tricky situation but I would probably go with the M3. Imagine working for Pepsi but bringing your own bottle of Coke to the office everyday - it just wouldn't look right! I know it might sound silly, but there is something to be said for maintaining appearances on the job...at least until you're established.

The M3 is a great car anyways so look at this as a long term rental...especially considering the money you'd be saving vs the C63. By the time your lease is up...you'll be in a position to jump into something even better!

Either way, GL!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
M156
If the lease terms were both 2 years, 200 dollars difference would still be worth it but 3 years is like marriage, too long. Is leasing an M6 is out of the possibilities? Even a 650i > dated M3 imho.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Working at BMW does not mean you have to drive a BMW. Just make sure you get to work on time and do a good job.

Your comment about not enjoying having to make decisions is a bit worrying though. Good luck with the new job.
As others have said, I just don't want to sound like I contradict myself. 'So you're suggesting I buy a BMW but you drive a Mercedes?" I won't be taken very seriously.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by CZ55
If the lease terms were both 2 years, 200 dollars difference would still be worth it but 3 years is like marriage, too long. Is leasing an M6 is out of the possibilities? Even a 650i > dated M3 imho.
If anything I'd get a 550i over the 650i. The MB would be a 3 year lease, the BMW 2 year lease(Employee program)

Originally Posted by BK63amg
You're in a tricky situation but I would probably go with the M3. Imagine working for Pepsi but bringing your own bottle of Coke to the office everyday - it just wouldn't look right! I know it might sound silly, but there is something to be said for maintaining appearances on the job...at least until you're established.

The M3 is a great car anyways so look at this as a long term rental...especially considering the money you'd be saving vs the C63. By the time your lease is up...you'll be in a position to jump into something even better!

Either way, GL!
This is what everyone has said, and it's a very valid point. It won't look right and I don't know how I'll be taken seriously. Saving the extra cash would also help for the next car after the M3.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 05-08-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, C63 AMG Coupe, Fx 35
my dream car is a c63 and now that i have one i couldn't imagine driving anything else
Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
I think you have to go with the home team, BMW in this case.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
Originally Posted by Case1906
I think you have to go with the home team, BMW in this case.
To go completely off topic here, that looks like turn 10 at THill?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
I've already chimed in and you already know how I feel about this. But think about the good start you will have at BMW when you sign up for a lease with them (doesnt matter what bmw).

- first you show that you are passionate about the brand.
- second, you committment to the company
- and your desire to join the bmw family

as much as you like the c63, no worries, in 2 years time, there will be tons for you to chose from should you still want the W204 platform. A BMW is such a great brand and you know, it'll make lunch conversations with your coworkers less awkward too LOL
Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM

Well if you keep the MB you won't be getting any raises or promotions, while if you get the M3 instead it couldn't hurt your chances. So with a few raises and promotions you will be able to afford both sooner than later.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by Fung63
I've already chimed in and you already know how I feel about this. But think about the good start you will have at BMW when you sign up for a lease with them (doesnt matter what bmw).

- first you show that you are passionate about the brand.
- second, you committment to the company
- and your desire to join the bmw family

as much as you like the c63, no worries, in 2 years time, there will be tons for you to chose from should you still want the W204 platform. A BMW is such a great brand and you know, it'll make lunch conversations with your coworkers less awkward too LOL
Originally Posted by rieger
Well if you keep the MB you won't be getting any raises or promotions, while if you get the M3 instead it couldn't hurt your chances. So with a few raises and promotions you will be able to afford both sooner than later.
It looks like the M3 it is. All the points that have been made out favor the AMG. Given a few years time, I'll hopefully be able to pick up a W204. I'll go ahead and email my sales advisor and let him know that I'll be canceling my order. I really appreciate all the help, everyone.Thank you all very much.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts
E90 M3, F80 M3, C63 507, F90 M5
Hey,

I've owned an M3 for a year and a half and my close cousin has a C63 in which I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel. I' ll give you my perspective about both of my experiences with these cars. The M3 I drove daily and mostly city miles, Compared with the C63, the M3 has no low end power so to move around you always have to be downshifting to get above 4k. Whereas the C63 has so much torque that you ll go anytime you plant your foot. As for driver feel and experience the M3 is unbelievably balanced, very direct steering and a lot of top end power. The C63 does not have as direct steering and is not as balanced as an m3, expect over-steer as well. The C63 has a different purpose to me, It wants to be comfortable being driven everyday. When cruising in 7th gear on the highway it feels like a tamer c300. In terms of power... The c63 has an abundance of it, so much that they are detuned by Mercedes. So if you do some performance modifications you probably wont even see the M in your rear view mirror. In terms of mpg my average in the m3 is 17 while my cousins was 15 or 16. All in all I think that the m3 is track inspired and the C63 focuses on combining comfort and power.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
why do customers have to know what you drive? just tell them you drive an m3 or some other bmw if they ask...and if they ever ask to see it for some reason, just tell them you have a carpool at work and it wasn't your turn to drive today.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by Mode Carbon
Hey,

I've owned an M3 for a year and a half and my close cousin has a C63 in which I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel. I' ll give you my perspective about both of my experiences with these cars. The M3 I drove daily and mostly city miles, Compared with the C63, the M3 has no low end power so to move around you always have to be downshifting to get above 4k. Whereas the C63 has so much torque that you ll go anytime you plant your foot. As for driver feel and experience the M3 is unbelievably balanced, very direct steering and a lot of top end power. The C63 does not have as direct steering and is not as balanced as an m3, expect over-steer as well. The C63 has a different purpose to me, It wants to be comfortable being driven everyday. When cruising in 7th gear on the highway it feels like a tamer c300. In terms of power... The c63 has an abundance of it, so much that they are detuned by Mercedes. So if you do some performance modifications you probably wont even see the M in your rear view mirror. In terms of mpg my average in the m3 is 17 while my cousins was 15 or 16. All in all I think that the m3 is track inspired and the C63 focuses on combining comfort and power.
The low end tq on the M3 does suck. It lacks 'oomph' under 4k, I agree. As others have said, I think the best option is to pick up the M3 for two years. It's only two years and by then, I'll hopefully be able to pick up a W205 AMG. The general manager won't be too happy with one of his employee's driving a competitors car. It doesn't really show that I'm 'supporting' the brand I work for.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO
why do customers have to know what you drive? just tell them you drive an m3 or some other bmw if they ask...and if they ever ask to see it for some reason, just tell them you have a carpool at work and it wasn't your turn to drive today.
I mean, even if the customers don't know, what happens when I drive in to work with a a high end MB and my boss sees it? I don't think he'll be too happy. I still have some time to think it over, I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:28 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Look at it this way: with your new job, you can ALWAYS get a M3 or whatever BMW fast and cheap, but not so for the C63. This is why I would keep the C63 for now.

Sheep
Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
What happens if by chance, you're there for a few months and don't enjoy the job as much as you thought, or a better career opportunity presents itself elsewhere? Now you've been paying for a car that you didn't even want in the first place. Let's be honest here, does everyone at a BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, or Honda dealership drive one? I don't think so. If your performance at work doesn't outweigh your employers opinion of the car you drive, something isn't right with this picture. I agree that a company should stand behind their product, but that doesn't mean every employee should have to as well. If that's the case, then it sounds like you're working for the wrong company, and should be at a MB dealership.

Last edited by NellyRod; 05-08-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
I applied, but they weren't hiring. I'm pretty sure I'm more knowledgeable then almost all of them, too. Love your bike, Nelly. Thinking of the 1199 Panigale?

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 05-08-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
How is this a tricky situation?

If you think the C63 is the better car, then you get it.

If you then go out and get something else because it's cheaper, then you are cheaping out on yourself....

He who hesitates, masterba...... Nevermind
Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
I would get the C63. A lot better car to drive on the street. You dont have to tell the clients your car. You can tell them anything even if they find out, (you got a killer deal). Just my opinion even though I like the M3 has a 6spd manual option..
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
The real issue is whether you would be accepted back at M3Post Those guys have a LONG memory
Old 05-08-2012, 06:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
I would get a BMW, since you work there, but not the M3. The worst thing you can do is be out driving and run across a C63......and know you are slower. Get a new 328 or a 5 series, but stay away from the direct competitor to the C63.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Strafe1
I would get a BMW, since you work there, but not the M3. The worst thing you can do is be out driving and run across a C63......and know you are slower. Get a new 328 or a 5 series, but stay away from the direct competitor to the C63.
Words of wisdom

Wait a little bit and get the new M5 or something even better

6 Series Gran Coupe
Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars.
Originally Posted by gthal
The real issue is whether you would be accepted back at M3Post Those guys have a LONG memory
Never again will I vist that pathetic excuse of a website. Great group of guys on this forum.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by NellyRod
What happens if by chance, you're there for a few months and don't enjoy the job as much as you thought, or a better career opportunity presents itself elsewhere? Now you've been paying for a car that you didn't even want in the first place. Let's be honest here, does everyone at a BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, or Honda dealership drive one? I don't think so. If your performance at work doesn't outweigh your employers opinion of the car you drive, something isn't right with this picture. I agree that a company should stand behind their product, but that doesn't mean every employee should have to as well. If that's the case, then it sounds like you're working for the wrong company, and should be at a MB dealership.
Great food for thought. I agree 100%.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 PM

2014 CTS-V (6spd, phantom grey), 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV (black raven)
As a car enthusiast, the goal is to experience as many different cars as possible.
It sounds as if you feel that you are "settling" for the M3.
The M3 is arguably one of the best all around cars ever.
Get the C63, then get the M3.
Or vice versa.
Don't let the fact that you're working at BMW dealership be the determining factor...
Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
This is simple, you ordered your AMG before you landed your job at BMW. Case closed, but to add some food for thought, how long is this job going to last, you mentioned that it may not be so long of term as you want to move up, so, me personally if I was in love with say a Mustang I would never settle for a Camaro, same basic principle for both these cars just double the money. BTW, don't they give you a company car such as a 1 or 3 series?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I need some ENTHUSIASTS opinion.