Sponsored by:

ECU Tune gone wrong!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
Alas, the outer cover and internals were the same ones as OPS.

Same broken internals, So that would mean MHP damaged 4Ramins ECU too..Right! haha
Old 05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
This thread went from interest about what happened to the OP's ECU to a soap opera in 3 seconds flat. The situation is crazier than rats in a burning meth lab now, I feel more confused about what really happened.

What was accomplished?
Who is telling the truth?

One thing we do know, Andy's rep here and on other forums is not a good one. Anyway, let's continue the saga "As MBWorld Turns".
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
This is what your doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE

The burden of proof is on you. The OP says the ECU works in his car,therefore it's his. THE OP says the ECU has his VIN when it was scanned by the 3rd party tuner.

What reason do we have NOT to believe his word?

So far everything he is saying is checking out.
If its ok with op I will post his text to me, But i don't want to put out his number. Let him come clean.... I know he keep my ecu because he and Andy had issues. but he should have done the right thing that all
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Here's the thing... 4Ramin, is there a possibility that Andy is lying to you too? He could have somehow broke/misplaced yours and this time, he cant cover it up so he tagged it on OP? It's not like Andy is the most credible guy from what we have seen... he could be playing on both parties... takes the focus off himself.

as for threatening to display OP's number, that's just wrong and has no place on these forums.

to OP, a video with both ecus working for your car would definitely be solid evidence.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:11 AM

2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Alas, the outer cover and internals were the same ones as OPS.

Same broken internals, So that would mean MHP damaged 4Ramins ECU too..Right! haha
No Andy mixed up covers, thats why mike has my Ecu with his Cover
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fung63
Here's the thing... 4Ramin, is there a possibility that Andy is lying to you too? He could have somehow broke/misplaced yours and this time, he cant cover it up so he tagged it on OP? It's not like Andy is the most credible guy from what we have seen... he could be playing on both parties... takes the focus off himself.

as for threatening to display OP's number, that's just wrong and has no place on these forums.

to OP, a video with both ecus working for your car would definitely be solid evidence.
No because Mike told me in his Text that his car won't Start, You can get these thing Cloned if you go to the right person....
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Last Call....

We will be open for more drama at 6am.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by 4ramin
But he already answered this multiple times in the thread.

here's the first reply

After the fact, I also opened the cover and verified that the ECU I had in hand was indeed the ECU with the broken circuitry on the board. Additionally, I have since verified that this ECU was in fact my original ECU since my VIN was still in this ECU. I have no idea what Andy did with that other customers ECU, maybe he swapped covers with yet a third person..

So that would mean your ECU got damaged as well? Why do you want a broken ECU back? So MHP damaged 2 ECU's? Right!

He said the car wouldn't start because the ECU was damaged on another page in this thread.

Also then why would OP buy another ECU at MB dealership for XXX dollars. If he could've just used yours! haha

GN!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
In an effort to save a few dollars or pick up a few "advertised" extra HP/TQ you pull the brain (ECU) of your car out and send it via common carrier (remember the "FedEx throw the TV over the fence" Christmas video). Then for a some reason it doesn't work out and you're screwed with no place to turn. Deal with local shops using reputable tunes/parts. They can scam the internet but no local shops because they are dependent on the local customers to keep them in business. It might cost you a bit more, but at least you'll sleep at night.
Posted that video a page or two back.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO
hold on...so OP got his original ECU backallegedly (but had to buy a different ECU i think or something and now has 2 ECU's) and 4ramin got a new ECU replacement paid for by Andy...what the hell are you guys still arguing for?

maybe the ECU got damaged in shipping...maybe it got damaged when Andy tried to open it up...we'll never know, but regardless, something weird seems to have been going on if Andy switched the covers on them and allegedly mailed the wrong ones to the two guys and there's multiple people that claim to have had ECU's damaged when sending them to Andy.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:24 AM

But he already answered this multiple times in the thread.

here's the first reply

After the fact, I also opened the cover and verified that the ECU I had in hand was indeed the ECU with the broken circuitry on the board. Additionally, I have since verified that this ECU was in fact my original ECU since my VIN was still in this ECU. I have no idea what Andy did with that other customers ECU, maybe he swapped covers with yet a third person..

So that would mean your ECU got damaged as well? Why do you want a broken ECU back? So MHP damaged 2 ECU's? Right!

He said the car wouldn't start because the ECU was damaged on another page in this thread.

Also then why would OP buy another ECU at MB dealership for XXX dollars. If he could've just used yours! haha

GN!
he can't use mine due to VIN coding, now this can be cloned once he gets a new ECUe and the information is then cloned to my old ecu.
Keep in mind i also had his ecu with my cover that i had to send back to MHP that same day...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 AM

2012 S-Class
This is an awesome thread. I'm thoroughly enjoying the plot line
Old 05-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Banned

C63
Originally Posted by 4ramin
So what makes him mix it up ? Is it because he's a careless creature ?

I bet he's getting 5000 ECU/min from planet earth and outer space too so he can't focus that much, or maybe he was busy using his BBM ( Busy Basement Man )

Last edited by Sirex63; 05-09-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
i'm assuming the pic the op posted of his ecu was a pic andy emailed to the op to show that something was damaged...

and the pics that 4ramin posted are pics of the OPs ecu that he has that andy sent him because andy switched the ecus by mistake and shipped both out... that should mean that both set of pics are of the same ecu if the switch really happened... and 4ramin says that andy still has the OP's ecu

yet from what i can see, there seems to be a slight difference.

in the first pic (just my guess). the beginning letters/numbers look to be ?V9

second pic you can clearly see 4C9.

also, in the second pic. the chip in the upper right corner looks really similar to the ones i'm comparing... and that one begins with 4V9... maybe this particular chip has several different serial numbers associated with it but maybe they are the same... i don't know much about chips

and although it's hard to tell, even the damage looks a little bit different. one looks to be mainly on one side while the other looks like both sides.

and why is the board a totally different color... is it really lighting and camera?

anyway, have at it.

edit- some other differences

-the silver cylindrical piece with a black box printed on the top. one of them is slender while the other is wide
-color - one seems to be made up of mostly green and dark green, while the other is green, brown, and yellow outlines
-about an inch to the right of the damaged piece, there are 4 small chips lined up. the 1st pic shows 1 with yellow text and the other 3 look a little bigger and all black with white lettering. in the 2nd pic all 4 chips are identical to each other... and they look like the one with the yellow text from the 1st pic
Attached Thumbnails ECU Tune gone wrong!!-ecu1.jpg   ECU Tune gone wrong!!-img_3538.jpg  

Last edited by bluejae; 05-09-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bluejae
i'm assuming the pic the op posted of his ecu was a pic andy emailed to the op to show that something was damaged...and the pics that 4ramin posted are pics of the OPs ecu that he has because andy switched the ecus by mistake and shipped both out... that should mean that both set of pics are of the same ecu if the switch really happened...

yet from what i can see, there seems to be a slight difference.

in the first pic (just my guess). the beginning letters/numbers look to be ?V9

second pic you can clearly see 4C9.
Damn bluejae, you're good. Those appear to be different numbers.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by bhamg
Damn bluejae, you're good. Those appear to be different numbers.
there are a few more differences, but i figured numbers and letters would be better proof.

2 damaged ecus is one too many

Last edited by bluejae; 05-09-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Banned

C63
So UPS or Fedex broke the same part of the 2 ECUs !!

Really, is that a coincidence ?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
So now we have 2 f**ked up ECU's?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
Originally Posted by Sirex63
So UPS or Fedex broke the same part of the 2 ECUs !!

Really, is that a coincidence ?
maybe it was a ghost... i mean what else could get through the box, bubble wrap, and ecu casing... and i thought casper was a friendly ghost

Originally Posted by _AMG_
So now we have 2 f**ked up ECU's?
so you guys see 2 different ones too right? and if i've read this thread correctly so far, there should only be 1 damaged one.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 C63
oops... i made a mistake saying that 4ramin had the OP's ecu... 4ramin said in another post that andy still has the OP's ecu...

and all the pics look to be from andy directly... they all have that weird black tool...

so then it shouldn't be possible for 4ramin to take a pic with both ecus since he should only have the new one he bought right?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by bluejae

so you guys see 2 different ones too right? and if i've read this thread correctly so far, there should only be 1 damaged one.
I can sort of make it out, had to actually flip my laptop on the side to get a better view. lol

First photo looks like....(looking from right to left) or (screen flipped 90° to the left )
?D
V?

Still not clear enough to be accurate.

Last edited by _AMG_; 05-09-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
I can sort of make it out, had to actually flip my laptop on the side to get a better view. lol

First photo looks like....(looking from right to left) or (screen flipped 90° to the left )
?D
V?

Still not clear enough to be accurate.
Whatever it is the first number is not a 4. Looks like a 3 to me.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
I'm glad I'm reading this latest part of discussion with a cell phone. Dang I was flipping my phone up and down, left and right. Bluejae is quite spot on on the differences.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by driftmotion
just to add to what you are saying.....

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMG_3536.jpg
this picture is clearly photoshopped .... look at the bottom of the black connector you can see the table color between the black and the white of the paper. My wife is a graphic designer and mentioned that it's clearly edited ...

plus does no one notice that it's the same photo set than the OP's first photo? and that the writing below the MHP logo is gray not black? where's this infamous picture with today's newspaper LOL.
Yup. In Safari I hit "Zoom In" four times and voila, you see the table there! This is not looking good for certain parties...
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by driftmotion
just to add to what you are saying.....

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMG_3536.jpg
this picture is clearly photoshopped .... look at the bottom of the black connector you can see the table color between the black and the white of the paper. My wife is a graphic designer and mentioned that it's clearly edited ...

plus does no one notice that it's the same photo set than the OP's first photo? and that the writing below the MHP logo is gray not black? where's this infamous picture with today's newspaper LOL.

and I mean come on ... why would the OP risk loosing face by lying about his bad experience ... I think if you had an issue with him, that's between you and him ... it doesn't change the fact that MHP was more involved in the damaged than "shipping damage" .... your ECU issue has nothing to do with that at all!!

Just my 2cents .... and maybe a dime in there too
The light obviously comes from top ... Thats why you can get shadows and the written letters are clearer on the bottom ....

You could even see the light reflections on the big blue component on the left... Something almost impossible to do in PS ...

Last edited by Kaiba; 05-09-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Thread cleaned up a bit. Please keep all personal information off these boards. If I missed anything please pm me. Thread will stay open or now but tread lightly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Tune gone wrong!!