Sponsored by:

ECU Tune Gone Wrong!!! – FINAL PROOF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home the point
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Why reimburse one customer and not the other?
Maybe the fact you can't blame it on the shipping company if you can't find the ECU to begin with?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by cptdaz
Maybe the fact you can't blame it on the shipping company if you can't find the ECU to begin with?
I'm not following you. You think an ECU was lost and this is some cover up?

That is not what I gathered from the first thread. Ramin said he returned the wrong ECU to MHP as soon as he was informed of it and immelman would not send the ECU he was sent back.

My head is spinning trying to make sense of all this.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Can you post a video of you starting your vehicle with both ECU's? It was requested in the other thread but nothing came of it.
Yes, when I have time. Mark my words though, then someone will want me to do something else. Last night at nearly 11:PM I went out to the garage and took pictures of the (2) ecus, service invoice pictures etc.... I have provided overwhelming evidence. I have even mentioned the name of the tuner/repairer and that they too confirmed that this was always my ECU and contained my VIN upon arrival. Lastly, this is STILL being swayed off the original topic.

ECU WAS DAMAGED WHEN IT CAME BACK FROM MHP, they denied Damaging it. It also looked like they opened it with a hammer and chisel..... Period!!

Last edited by immelman; 05-09-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Agreed. I would be pissed if I were in their shoes.

Why reimburse one customer and not the other?
btw, I think it's not OP's responsibility to answer this.
Sorry to say but IMHO you seem to be looking for excuse for MHP when it should be them to answer that kind of question.

I mean come on, let's get it straight who's under scrutiny here, it's MHP, right?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM

home the point
I'm not following you. You think an ECU was lost and this is some cover up?

That is not what I gathered from the first thread. Ramin said he returned the wrong ECU to MHP as soon as he was informed of it and immelman would not send the ECU he was sent back.

My head is spinning trying to make sense of all this.
Nothing so trite, but regardless of where ramin's ECU ended up, the MHP did loose track of it. Unlike an damaged ECU, they can't use the shipper as an excuse.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by immelman
Yes, when I have time. Mark my words though, then someone will want me to do something else. Last night at nearly 11:PM I went out to the garage and took pictures of the (2) ecus, service invoice pictures etc.... I have provided overwhelming evidence. I have even mentioned the name of the tuner/repairer and that they too confirmed that this was always my ECU and contained my VIN upon arrival. Lastly, this is STILL being swayed off the original topic.

ECU WAS DAMAGED WHEN IT CAME BACK FROM MHP, they denied Damaging it. Really, it also looked like they opened it with a hammer and chisel..... Period!!
I feel for you. It's a crappy situation.

I know this does absolutely nothing to help you but this is why I insure everything, especially something as critical as an ECU.

I offer my condolences.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by balthaser
btw, I think it's not OP's responsibility to answer this.
Sorry to say but IMHO you seem to be looking for excuse for MHP when it should be them to answer that kind of question.

I mean come on, let's get it straight who's under scrutiny here, it's MHP, right?
Not making excuses at all, just trying to make sense of a bad situation.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

ECU WAS DAMAGED WHEN IT CAME BACK FROM MHP, they denied Damaging it. It also looked like they opened it with a hammer and chisel..... Period!!

With all due respect you spent more time writing this post than it would take to cell phone cam a quick ecu swap and 2 starts with a youtube upload.

Its a lot of evidence but if it were me I would be happy to finish it off with that final KO punch...
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by cptdaz
Nothing so trite, but regardless of where ramin's ECU ended up, the MHP did loose track of it. Unlike an damaged ECU, they can't use the shipper as an excuse.
Understood.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM

2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
If your unfamiliar with the history of this thread please refer to the earlier thread “ECU Tune Gone Wrong”

My broken ECU (not Ramin’s) ECU was sent to Jeremy @ OE Tuning. It was verified that it was MY ECU with MY VIN. The ECU was photographed repaired and tuned by OE Tuning. Referring to original thread, this pretty much sums up and proves without a doubt the following:

- Looks like a tool damaged the resistor as the chip right next to it was clearly hit by the same tool on its way in.
- OE also verified that this ECU had my VIN in it and not (Ramins) as he claimed
- OE repaired this ECU and it is now working in my car. (And Running Strong I might add)
- My ECU was butchered on the exterior and interior by MHP. (He even put a MHP sticker inside… Maybe that’s why he claimed it was not mine and wanted it back.)

Pictures are worth a thousand words. If this is not my ECU then how did I get these pictures and WHY did it have my VIN in it and WHY does it now work in my car.

I REST MY CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Note to the Moderators. I know you closed the first thread because of all the chaos. After this post I am done with this discussion and will not continue with any more of this for the well being of the forum.

Thank You

Immelman,

Thanks for posting this wonderful proof. I initially believed you anyway.
I hope everybody sees the truth and be 10 times cautious when deciding to tune with Andy/MHP.

I'm really glad that you went with OE tuning. They are indeed a better choice and the tunes that they provide for the M156 are better.Jeremy is a wonderful person. I even talked to him and was close to tuning my SLS with him. But I decided I wanted a custom dyno tune.
Glad that you are enjoying your car in good health. Bad things happen for a reason. And now you have a better outcome.
Good Luck.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM

AMG
Its great to see you posting evidences instead of words. It should be a clean discuss now.

Some questions :

- How OE knew what was your VIN ? Don't you said the ECU couldn't be read ? ( maybe I'm wrong 'cause there is too much drama from the old thread )
- OE repaired your damaged ECU right ? So they could repair it but not MHP ? You told them to repair it but didn't asked MHP about it ?? Could have been a better solution to start with.
- Why would MHP put a sticker for an ECU they don't even tuned and was damaged ??? Even my child would not make this mistake ....
- On the previous pics , you only showed us 1 component damaged. Now , 2 days later , you come up with new pics and new damages ?? Is it you snapping those pics or was it OE ??
- On the pics you posted with 2 ECU , what is the ECU in your car right now ?
- You said you made pics while removing your ECU. Why don't you post pics before/after with only some diggits of your VIN to be sure its yours ?
- Can you make this vid ?

Thanks for your answers , I still feel sorry for you of course !

Last edited by Kaiba; 05-09-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by propain
With all due respect you spent more time writing this post than it would take to cell phone cam a quick ecu swap and 2 starts with a youtube upload.

Its a lot of evidence but if it were me I would be happy to finish it off with that final KO punch...
I will, any idea if I will lose all of my adaptation values when I swap the ECU's.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Posting from phone

There we go. If Jeremy from OE say's its his VIN. Then it's his VIN and ECU. Thread closed. He's credible.

Who's the sucker who bought those MHP Rotors for $8500, Andy got those shiiitess off a damaged car for 1/8 the price and then said fedex broke it haha. What a con artist.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
I will, any idea if I will lose all of my adaptation values when I swap the ECU's.

Adaptation is not a problem bro. Just kick it hard after you put back your tuned ECU about 4-5 times and you will be fine

Post the video and shut some people up
Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
I wouldn't even post a video. The OP said JEREMY CALLED HIM AND READ THE VIN OFF THE ECU.

So now we are going to DOUBT JEREMY AND OE TUNING?

It's turning into a circus OJ case here.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by jacob502
Adaptation is not a problem bro. Just kick it hard after you put back your tuned ECU about 4-5 times and you will be fine

Post the video and shut some people up
Hey Jacob.

How did you make out with the Weistec Oil/Air separator instructions?
You get my email?

Mike
Old 05-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Hey Jacob.

How did you make out with the Weistec Oil/Air separator instructions?
You get my email?

Mike

Hey Mike,

I sent you a private message. Didnt you get it?

Thank you very much for your help. You are indeed top class. I will have a mechanic install it over the weekend at my home.

Again, thank you for your help. I owe you one my friend!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by jacob502
Hey Mike,

I sent you a private message. Didnt you get it?

Thank you very much for your help. You are indeed top class. I will have a mechanic install it over the weekend at my home.

Again, thank you for your help. I owe you one my friend!

No problem, glad I could help.

We're all here to help each other.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Cool. I dont believe your values will change when you do the swap.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
Posting from phone

There we go. If Jeremy from OE say's its his VIN. Then it's his VIN and ECU. Thread closed. He's credible.
Hopefully you are never on a Jury.

I like Jeremy a lot. I also use his tune and trust him. I go out of my way just to chill with the guy when he is in town. This isnt about Jeremys credibility. I honestly think OE should be left out of this as it will most likely be perverted into a tuner vs tuner mud fight at the end of the day. We dont need anymore of that. This is between MHP and this customer.

Ramin says the ECU is his and that it wont work in this guys car. He says it does work. Pictures prove that he has two, NOT that they both work. The video only helps him not hurts him. With the video everyone does a collective "ahhhh" without it there will still be doubters.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
ED1 e63S
Where's Ramin now? #crickets #getyapopcornready
Old 05-09-2012, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by propain
Hopefully you are never on a Jury.

I like Jeremy a lot. I also use his tune and trust him. I go out of my way just to chill with the guy when he is in town. This isnt about Jeremys credibility. I honestly think OE should be left out of this as it will most likely be perverted into a tuner vs tuner mud fight at the end of the day. We dont need anymore of that. This is between MHP and this customer.

Ramin says the ECU is his and that it wont work in this guys car. He says it does work. Pictures prove that he has two, NOT that they both work. The video only helps him not hurts him. With the video everyone does a collective "ahhhh" without it there will still be doubters.
Not trying to be involved but the fact that it works or diisnt work wouldnt sway ne to believe anyone more then the other. This is sad for all parties involved. Fact of tge matter is once these 2 ecu left the owners hands no one will ever really know what happen other then andy? So op and ramin only know whats up since they got them back.. seems like a big circle jerk to me
Old 05-09-2012, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Well, according to ramin, MHP sent him money for a new ECU. He copy and pasted his paypal receipt from MHP and provided a picture of the invoice for the new ECU from the dealer. Why would he reimburse ramin but not immelman? I still feel there is something more to this story.

Regardless, I feel bad for both.
Color me a skeptic that this refund is even legit. Ramin has been a SoCal poster boy for MHP for ages. Are his posts really his or Andy's? Here's the typical MHP MO. Newbie poster asks about MHP tune. Ramin then posts about an upcoming MHP fly-in tuning event. Newbie who registered two days prior to his tune post is never heard from again. Kinda like this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post5091916

Andy's bible is the book "Guerrilla Marketing," so we know amongst his virtues he can at least read. I've seen this MHP shill stuff go on as long as I've been a member here and I've seen them crash umpteen performance threads with the intent of directing attention to MHP. Andy was shown to actually have been posing as that douche RStevens63. What are RSteven's posts even still doing in that sticky about headers? That whole thread reads a little differently when you know it's Andy posting. Andy - the beauty of life truly is "what goes around comes around."

edit: Forgot to mention the "free tune," believe what you want on that also...

Last edited by bhamg; 05-09-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
'10 C63
wow, more proof... that's good stuff OP... and letting everyone know who your knight in shining armor was awesome too... good job OE!

and with the clearer pictures you've provided, it's even more definite that the ecus are completely different...

regarding the paypal payment... all i saw from the old thread was a copy and paste of text... if that's what it was... that's not really a screen shot... and if it's about not having photoshop skills to censor any personal information, that's really hard to believe... i don't know how to use photoshop, but i can open a picture file in windows with the "paint" program... paint over the spots i don't want the public to see... and then save it and upload it...

but so far i'm on the OP's side of the story, but also believe ramin as well to an extent... although i'm not sure if he is a real person or not but it seems he is caught up in some deceptive moves that were taken to hide some damaged ecus... but the thing that had me scratching my head was why ramin never commented on the pictures of 2 different ecus...
Old 05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by bhamg
Color me a skeptic that this refund is even legit. Ramin has been a SoCal poster boy for MHP for ages. Are his posts really his or Andy's? Here's the typical MHP MO. Newbie poster asks about MHP tune. Ramin then posts about an upcoming MHP fly-in tuning event. Newbie who registered two days prior to his tune post is never heard from again. Kinda like this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ml#post5091916

Andy's bible is the book "Guerrilla Marketing," so we know amongst his virtues he can at least read. I've seen this MHP shill stuff go on as long as I've been a member here and I've seen them crash umpteen performance threads with the intent of directing attention to MHP. Andy was shown to actually have been posing as that douche RStevens63. What are RSteven's posts even still doing in that sticky about headers? That whole thread reads a little differently when you know it's Andy posting. Andy - the beauty of life is truly is "what goes around comes around."
I understand your skepticism. I too have been a member here for many years and I try to remain cautious when it comes to threads like this. Ramin provided an invoice from the dealer for a new ECU with his name blacked out for the obvious reasons. immelman also provided some very compelling evidence. Is Ramin MHP? Don't no. For all I know immelman could be Jeremy(OE). It is unlikely but certainly possible.

Especially when these two threads pop up so quickly after the initial immelman thread by a couple of new members. Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd? Haven't you seen this before with MHP? Slander one tuner and give praise to the other? Are these threads a coincidence? Possibly but after years of witnessing what has transpired on this forum something stinks about the recent chain of events.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ne-review.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...oe-tuning.html

If the two tuners(MHP & OE) were reversed in this situation the haters would be crying foul, no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Tune Gone Wrong!!! – FINAL PROOF