Old 05-10-2012, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 c63 p30 mars red
I think anyone responding to this post is gay! ------
Old 05-10-2012, 04:34 PM

2011 C63AMG P31
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I've been out of town on business and just got back in. Read a couple of posts recently that gave me a headache and I can't get that hour of my life back.

I agree that Mike has done some amazing things with his car. The tune is a big part of it and its running great after 30,000 miles and so is mine.

Mike, I think you are a stand up guy that loves to race and be on the winning team. Having MHP parts on your car is just a part of that. I, like you, want to get all I can out of the car and MHP/Andy has helped.

I will say this one time and many will read it and either attack me, call me gay, and everywhere in between or possibly agree with me. I know that I have been dealing with Andy for over three years through tuning challenges, head upgrades, cam challenges, exhaust upgrades etc..... and never had a bad experience. Its not all gone as planned but I understand that and accept that as part of racing and being on the cutting edge with these cars. I will tell you that Andy knows more about these engines than most of us and I don't say that lightly. He does know this platform.

I know some will call me a poster child for MHP and thats fine, I can deal with it. I'm not sure how many of you that attack Andy have actually met him. He's been to Florida for Festivals of Speed, hung out with my family and I, and most recently was here when they did the cam tune. He's always been up front with me and wants to help this platform(M156) go faster.

He is not a tuner, never claimed to be. He's always had someone else do his tunes and most of us knew that. However, he always wanted the best tune and managed to get it.
1. He had an experienced professional outfit design his LT headers that generate a high rate of HP and torque.
2. He also had an experienced engine builder design and build his cams that now work and add significant HP to an already good design.
3. His heads were done by the same engine builder and they also perform excellent.

Andy is constantly looking for ways to get more power out of this platform and has been the first to offer some of the best products on the market.

I hear of your horror stories about some of your experiences with Andy and honestly I struggle to accept some of them becauise I think some of you just love to hate Andy. I'm truly sorry if you are being honest and had a bad experience. I hate bad business because I run my own.

All that being said, I would say to you who hate Andy and like to attack him, spend some time with him. He's a nice guy and will help you if at all possible. Ya'll say what you want and attack me but I felt like I should add a side to Andy that many don't hear or see.

BTW, this is NOT Andy.

Ya'll be safe and Mike I don't think you are a fanboy, just a satisfied customer that has had a good experience with MHP/Andy.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by jim07
So obviously since you responded...... you must be
Old 05-10-2012, 04:37 PM

2011 C63AMG P31
Originally Posted by dodger63
Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by Dads C63
I've been out of town on business and just got back in. Read a couple of posts recently that gave me a headache and I can't get that hour of my life back.

I agree that Mike has done some amazing things with his car. The tune is a big part of it and its running great after 30,000 miles and so is mine.

Mike, I think you are a stand up guy that loves to race and be on the winning team. Having MHP parts on your car is just a part of that. I, like you, want to get all I can out of the car and MHP/Andy has helped.

I will say this one time and many will read it and either attack me, call me gay, and everywhere in between or possibly agree with me. I know that I have been dealing with Andy for over three years through tuning challenges, head upgrades, cam challenges, exhaust upgrades etc..... and never had a bad experience. Its not all gone as planned but I understand that and accept that as part of racing and being on the cutting edge with these cars. I will tell you that Andy knows more about these engines than most of us and I don't say that lightly. He does know this platform.

I know some will call me a poster child for MHP and thats fine, I can deal with it. I'm not sure how many of you that attack Andy have actually met him. He's been to Florida for Festivals of Speed, hung out with my family and I, and most recently was here when they did the cam tune. He's always been up front with me and wants to help this platform(M156) go faster.

He is not a tuner, never claimed to be. He's always had someone else do his tunes and most of us knew that. However, he always wanted the best tune and managed to get it.
1. He had an experienced professional outfit design his LT headers that generate a high rate of HP and torque.
2. He also had an experienced engine builder design and build his cams that now work and add significant HP to an already good design.
3. His heads were done by the same engine builder and they also perform excellent.

Andy is constantly looking for ways to get more power out of this platform and has been the first to offer some of the best products on the market.

I hear of your horror stories about some of your experiences with Andy and honestly I struggle to accept some of them becauise I think some of you just love to hate Andy. I'm truly sorry if you are being honest and had a bad experience. I hate bad business because I run my own.

All that being said, I would say to you who hate Andy and like to attack him, spend some time with him. He's a nice guy and will help you if at all possible. Ya'll say what you want and attack me but I felt like I should add a side to Andy that many don't hear or see.

BTW, this is NOT Andy.

Ya'll be safe and Mike I don't think you are a fanboy, just a satisfied customer that has had a good experience with MHP/Andy.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:17 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
That's a joke Son , I say a joke. --Foghorn Leghorn

That was the joke

Last edited by jim07; 05-10-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
That's a joke Son , I say a joke. --Foghorn Leghorn

That was the joke
Obviously
Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Originally Posted by propain
My wife saying your brother is gay is really gay? You guys have really mastered the English language.
No Pal.

what We meant is that you bringing your wife and getting her opinion was Gay.

Now that's ultimately gay

There is nothing wrong with my English. I dont see anybody complaining but you. That is typical from a 6th grade drop-out. English is not my first language. Lets see how you do in a secondary language

Originally Posted by propain
I dont know whats more gay... you and your brothers matching red AMG's or my 60-130 comp with Jon. Ill have to get back to you on that one.. Both pretty gay though I agree..
No, It your Vbox competetion. and your "Tune Only" BS
Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
No Pal.

what We meant is that you bringing your wife and getting her opinion was Gay.

Now that's ultimately gay

There is nothing wrong with my English. I dont see anybody complaining but you. That is typical from a 6th grade drop-out. English is not my first language. Lets see how you do in a secondary language

No, It your Vbox competetion. and your "Tune Only" BS
Your brother brought my wife into it you mental midget.

*Competition* Spell check is a free tool.

Now why don't you join your little butt buddy brother on his suspension.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 PM

M156 and LS7
I had similar experience, but I like the header, not Andy though

Originally Posted by theturkster
Well Dodger, honestly for a while i thought you were Andy. i thought this was just a fake account used by him. im fairly new to these boards and well i guess im wrong. However, i can tell you this. Andy has lied to me on more then one occasion to the point where it was insulting... I canceled my order and said i would never do business with him again ever.

The way i see it is if your defending a dishonest guy in my opinion well.. thats my two cents.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sorry for the long post, but I'm going to respectfully disagree with Zod as I find this post from him a bit unfair towards dodger.

Originally Posted by Zod
Have you tried any other tuner i.e real ones, to make the playing field fair when comparing?
A customer does NOT have to try every single tuner out there to not be labeled a fan boy or to "make the playing field fair"; they would only have to compare results. As we all have seen, there have been multiple comparisons of MHP vs other companies (speaking of course only in terms of the C63 platform) and MHP almost always edged out the competition in real world and on the track. In addition, MHP have traditionally been first to the market and other tuners seemed to have come close only recently (or at least relatively recently) and not after multiple updates and improvements to their products. I believe MHP was one of the first (and probably only) company to put 5 C63s into the 10s NA and I'm guessing that number is larger by now.

To this day, if I recall correctly, MHP still owns the 63 NA record (dodger63) and despite the existence of very big aftermarket performance companies out there, not one single one came close to their record. Moreover, MHP's NOS car (DadsC63) still holds the 63 record and they have ran that car not only in good conditions but also in terrible conditions. Many people don't like NOS records because they think it is like cheating, and I respect that, but if it was so easy, all the "respectable" companies out there would've been able to ****** that specific record in a heart beat any time over the past 4 winters. As far as I know, to this day, none have been able to accomplish that.

Originally Posted by Zod
Do you advertise mhp products/ are used as a poster child?
Yes you do and you clearly state it, even on your wind shields at the tracks
Not sure I would say he directly "advertises" MHP products, as he most certainly does not pay for lets say a magazine ad, online ad, mass e-mail, or any type of direct advertising. He appreciated the treatment he got from Andy so he put an MHP sticker on his windshield to show his support. I would categorize this as an indirect form of advertisement especially since the sticker does not even mention any specific product or alteration. Furthermore, an MHP sticker was NOT the only sticker he had on his car and was NEVER there all the time (especially at every track event). Also please note that these stickers help excite and motivate people at the track to create a fun and friendly competitive environment which is great when one is trying to host a track event (as dodger often does). I, for example, have a RENNtech sticker on my windshield; RARfinancial had a RENNtech sticker, AMG sticker, ACCG sticker, Juicee63 had a EuroElites sticker, etc.... we treat it as a fun way to race when tracking our cars or when organizing group events and meets.

Originally Posted by Zod
Are you aware that most of what you run is done through a 3rd party, used by mhp, yet you claim it as mhp, baring in mind you know exactly who the tuners are?
Yes, nothing magical about euro based tunes or race gas calibration, given that you know the source.
This response have been posted by different people on multiple forums as a response to the same type of question, so I'm going to only summarize its message for reference purposes. There is hardly any one company that makes every single product in-house. When aftermarket performance companies sell headers, superchargers, pulleys, air boxes, drive shafts, axles, brakes, differentials, etc... they often pair up with other companies to manufacture that product for them. A company can NOT have 10 different manufacturing plants in-house. I'm sure Weistec, for example, does not make their own supercharger in-house or the drive shaft, or the belts, or even their pulleys in-house. This stuff almost always gets subcontracted out. And I don't have anything against Weistec or trying to pick on them by any means; on the contrary, I actually respect their products a great deal and their name only came to mind due to the great presence they've enjoyed lately. Equally, the same concept applies to other companies as well: Evosport, Eurocharged, etc.... and while I agree that some companies will do more in-house than others, it should not be a basis for disqualification.

Originally Posted by Zod
Do you participate in most ''what tune to get threads'' and promote or push mhp either directly or indirectly
yes
Participating in such threads is very important to the community as it allows different members to share their different experiences. If every member did not participate in those types of threads, this forum would become almost useless. When someone asks which is a better tune or which product should I get, dodger is one of many members who simply responds by stating his great experience with MHP and listing some of the facts about product satisfaction, customer service, real world test/results he's had, etc.... please note that he is most certainly not the only one who chimes in; other people chime in as well, some supporting OE, RENNtech, Weistec, Eurocharged, Kleemann, etc...

Originally Posted by Zod
Have you ever taken a stance against them when something wrongfully has accrued when info has been provided?
Not that i have seen and you will still most likely remain on the defending end
Yes he has, but sadly only his pro stances ever get attention due to the heated debates that end up taking place. He spoke before about how expensive their products were and how they could've handled things differently in some situations when they made mistakes, etc...

Originally Posted by Zod
You have your own opinion and that's your right, but claiming to be neutral and have no part is ify, if we are to be honest.
He may not be 100% neutral but then again it is natural (at least in my opinion) to lean (even if only slightly) towards companies/products you believe in. Almost everyone does the same thing in some way or another when they purchase a product. Dodger does state his experience truthfully though when comparing multiple companies and products. By the way, if you were to meet dodger in person, you would know he usually tells it as it is. I've heard him before say I spent a lot of money on product X and it wasn't that good or product Y did not help me at all, etc... He won't shy from listing the good and the bad, which, to someone looking into purchasing such products, maybe neutral enough.

Originally Posted by Zod
Many people look up to you and you either are taking advantage of this or Andy is or both of you. After all you are a business man and well if you know the source what's stopping you?
I Can't answer for him on this one, but I can venture a few guesses: loyalty, customer satisfaction, time, headache, contractual obligations between one or more of the parties involved, etc... However, one can apply the same question to almost everything; for example, you know where Mercedes sub-sources its wheels or exhaust or carbon fiber parts, why not go direct to the source? If you know where company X makes their headers, pulleys, supercharger, etc... why not go to the source?

Finally, to dodger and to everyone who shares their experiences on here, thanks for contributing and making this forum a great tool for enthusiasts to reference.

Last edited by MB_Forever; 05-11-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by MB_Forever

Finally, to dodger and to everyone who shares their experiences on here, thanks for contributing and making this forum a great tool for enthusiasts to reference.
Great post - thank you!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Thanks mo. If we get rid of some negativity. Around here we could get back to business instead of all this drama. Theres allot of fanboys in one way or another but the haters are tge ones thatt ruin the site
Old 05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Thanks mo. If we get rid of some negativity. Around here we could get back to business instead of all this drama. Theres allot of fanboys in one way or another but the haters are tge ones thatt ruin the site

Its the way of the internet. There will always be haters and trolls. We all fall victim to the drama at times.

It many cases... Correction... IN ALL CASES... every person I have met in person on this forum is a straight up and cool person who shares the same passion as we all do... CARS! In every case those people would take the shirt off their back to help the other guy out. You included Mike when you helped me out at MIR that first time out in my C63. I would do the same for you anytime.

So were all friends here.... well most of us are anyhow. Lets not forget that.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM

C63 AMG
So were all friends here.... well most of us are anyhow. Lets not forget that.

+1 Well said brother....
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by melmanc55
+1 Well said brother....
I wish we could be
Old 05-11-2012, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Better not paint with such a broad brush dodger. Is someone like me a hater because he absolutely despises how Andy poisons the atmosphere here through his posting-shills, -alter-egos and -proxies? I think not but as you know, I make my contempt for how he conducts his marketing agenda on this forum abundantly clear, time and again. If he changes tactics great, you won't hear a peep from me again on this matter. If not I'll call 'em as I see 'em because that is just how I roll.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by bhamg
Better not paint with such a broad brush dodger. Is someone like me a hater because he absolutely despises how Andy poisons the atmosphere here through his posting-shills, -alter-egos and -proxies? I think not but as you know, I make my contempt for how he conducts his marketing agenda on this forum abundantly clear, time and again. If he changes tactics great, you won't hear a peep from me again on this matter. If not I'll call 'em as I see 'em because that is just how I roll.
Actually you really dont fall under my definition of a hater, close sometimes but i wouldnt.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by bhamg
I don't think you're a "hater" - but your distaste for Andy is certainly pronounced. Since you'll congratulate an MHP customer if they achieve a good result (at least, I think I recall you doing so), you're not blindly hating everything and everyone remotely associated with MHP.

I think reasonable people can disagree. Someone calls it like he sees it, someone else calls it as he sees it which may be different. They can coexist peacefully, if they want to.

I try to respect those who may disagree with me, although I'm not infallible there. Regardless, however, I unfortunately find that same luxury is not always afforded in return. Some members will pile on and disparage anyone who makes even the slightest pro-MHP comment, assuming that somehow Andy's secretly behind every one of them somehow. Trust me - he isn't. Sometimes folks just have a differing opinion, and voice it to offer some counter-balance or simply an alternate viewpoint.

Oh, and MB Forever - if you're not an ambassador, you missed your calling.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
All reasonable points of view here. I totally agree with what Propain stated - in person it's a whole new ball game - I also have never not had a good time or gotten along with new acquaintances in a car-related event, but's it's even more broadly applicable to life in general for me. And in real life I generally don't want to hang out with clones of me...I'd rather be exposed to new perspectives that people with much different backgrounds can bring to to mix. Like this message board. *group hug*
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
This thread has gone full Vagina

It must be locked and never spoken of again

Now I'm gonna go do some chin ups and eat a lion steak to regain some of my masculinity that was lost reading this romance novel
Old 05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
^ I can always count on you callmiro.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by callmiro

Now I'm gonna go do some chin ups and eat a lion steak to regain some of my masculinity that was lost reading this romance novel
I hear ya...wish I could be ALL MAN like you but such is life.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 AM

C63 AMG

That's was funny Camaro

Last edited by melmanc55; 05-12-2012 at 10:11 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: do you guys think im an mhp fanboy