Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I am at a red light...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I wonder if the car's cpu has already learned your driving habit. By the way, does C63 allow user to do a CPU reset? I have heard the previous E class allows it, but not with the new E class.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by otakki
I wonder if the car's cpu has already learned your driving habit. By the way, does C63 allow user to do a CPU reset? I have heard the previous E class allows it, but not with the new E class.
https://mbworld.org/forums/2896967-post8.html
Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
Originally Posted by Merc-Skycap
This has been asked time and time again. Please learn how to handle your car first. I'd suggest maybe enrolling in some driving courses or AMG driving academy first. It will make your driving much better and you'll be able to really understand how your car performs or how to make it perform the way you'd like.
This ^^ +1
Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Wow.. Really?? Sounds pretty effing cool
If you don't mind, what exactly is the main objective by resetting this?
So that the car realizes that I am a "novice" per say, hence perform or behave in a "high alert" manner given I decide to start driving hard and aggressive?

Very interesting feature that I had no clue about aGain

I clicked on the link with the instructions, but I don't think the person who posted it was specifically referring to a C63. I hope it works

I shall give it a try tomorrow regardless

thanks!

Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I have no idea if it works, but that's just what I found and others from that thread have tried it. Supposedly the computer is smart enough to adjust the car to your driving habits. I'm not sure how long this takes or if it only does it once.

That whole "secrets" thread is helpful.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:26 AM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
You need to know how to control your car. There is nothing more fun than driving it with ESP off. Go to a big mall parking and try to learn how to drift, how to know your car and its limits.
Thanks a MIL for your input Guilty ...and I DID just that on Sunday in a HUGE empty mall parking lot with not a soul or car in sight....

I stayed there for a good 45 min trying "this and that" with the ESP OFF.

HOLY SHET!!! I wish I video'd it, but I was too locked into what I was doing...
which was in a nutshell, EFFING AWESOME!!! ..in SO MANY WAYS than I can count!!! It totally brought back the teen/early 20's guy in me and I absolutely had a BLAST, while at the same time taking in several mental notes as I was "sliding side to side, smelling the burnt rubber, and being jerked around, etc."

I will admit at 1st, I found myself just spinning the tires while not being able to control the slides, in which I ended up jerking the wheel from lock to lock, rear hanging out everywhere, smoke, and finally coming to a halt.

I got a little worried being that I've read that C63s are notorious for failed power steering pumps as a result of hard "lock to lock" spinouts or donuts..
in which I too, had a slight glitch about a month ago after taking a hard turn where my rear slid out, and I ended up steering "lock to lock" before I steered it to safety. Hence, my steering went completely stiff (only for a few minutes which bugged me out) however, after bringing it to MB, they found nothing wrong and I've been fine ever since.

All said and done, I now have a MUCH better "FEEL" for this BEAUTIFUL yet BEAST of a car thanks to yours and a few other members' advice

So I just wanted to give THANKS to you guys/gals (yes, even the ones that were poking fun at me, WITH reason..LOL) for helping out a fellow AMG driver that obviously has by FAR less knowledge about my car than you do..

That said, I'm no punk or a dork that has absolutely NO CLUE (or maybe I like to think that, and I'm just blind as a bat? I mean I AM asian, and my eyes ARE slanted, but noway....hahaha) about how to "DRIVE" and just got a C63 bc it's a "C63" and don't know squat about what to do with it...

I'm just a newbie and a bit of a chatterbox who absolutely has a passion and respect for SPEED, TORQUE, and NICE WHIPS. Financially, I hope to some day be "up there" and move up and strive for even nicer ones as well... but for now, being 35 yrs old and considering where I came from, and where I am at now, I'm more that grateful to be where I am..

So in closing, thanks again for being cool with me, and b4 I go, I just wanted to reassure you that I don't plan on going out tomorrow and going GUNG HO on the roads in thinking that I'm Cole Trickle doing the "Days of Thunder" or "Paul Walker" doing the "NFS"....Heck No! Nothing to gain, and a LOT to lose if I did...
I believe in God, and I think that's why I have this car now, and not 10-15yrs ago, where I probably would have......... Ugh, I wont even go there

So let me STFU now (damn wine) and hopefully, you peeps won't ignore me given I post again. Sorry for the book- its this wine:

hhahahahahhaha- till next time folks! Hollllllllaz....

I have a couple vidz on youtube (nothing great)in my previous ///Ms if you are bored and want to add to your boredom, OR get a clearer pic of why I even started this post

Ciao to all~ PeAAAAce

Last edited by ctown113; 06-06-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
I have no idea if it works, but that's just what I found and others from that thread have tried it. Supposedly the computer is smart enough to adjust the car to your driving habits. I'm not sure how long this takes or if it only does it once.

That whole "secrets" thread is helpful.
Thanks! Like I said, I'll try it out and report back. If it DOES work, and the dash display shows a message, I'll take a pic of it and post it...

LOL.. the "secrets"... iLike that.. LOL

Is there really a thread on this? Link if there is?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
That is a hilariously epic post
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ts-thread.html
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by ctown113
LOL.. Reading is fundamental

CLK BS vs MP4.. No vidz?? I'd like to see some of that action!
No video ... just a couple of pics when we were at C&C
Attached Thumbnails If I am at a red light...-dsc01819-x2.jpg   If I am at a red light...-dsc01822-x2.jpg   If I am at a red light...-dsc01840-x2.jpg   If I am at a red light...-dsc01867-x2.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Awesome man !!!! Glad you had fun ! I'm so jealous ! I wanna go have fun too but I'm scared of cops ! No one bothered you ?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
You live in my area.

stop street racing and take it to the track, there are several in NJ alone.

seriously...its dangerous, stupid, and reckless