Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by dodger63
I wonder hoe much hp is added with the better flow.
better flow on a dyno....?!?!?

unless you know other wise

Nice build guys!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
good gains on a mustang dyno
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by Merc63
Impressive gains, 100rwhp.

Now take those cats off
Dont need or want the car to be that loud

Originally Posted by propain
You sneaky devil. Congrats on your new build Pertplus! Nice pics too!

Very nice gains on a Mustang Dyno. Hopefully you are a track guy and we get to see a few passes. Enjoy it!
Unfortunately no, I am not a track guy. Sorry.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Zod
better flow on a dyno....?!?!?

unless you know other wise

Nice build guys!
Yea you see the fan. That is there to push air into the car through the intakes. Also the intercooler is not confined and covered by the front bumper.. not saying its allot at all just wondering tge difference, its gotta be worth someething
Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Congratulations pert plus. Excellent choice in mods and excellent choice going with Peter @ ACG. The build was professional.

Numbers on the dyno look Excellent for a mustang dyno. I have seen the new Brabus Rcket dyno 480 on a mustang dyno.

Enjoy it in good health
Old 06-14-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Yea you see the fan. That is there to push air into the car through the intakes. Also the intercooler is not confined and covered by the front bumper.. not saying its allot at all just wondering tge difference, its gotta be worth someething
I wonder if it actually makes it worse.

The front bumper is shaped to funnel and direct air into the intercooler. Meaning the larger surface area is funneling the air into a point. Without the bumper it would not get directed. Its like filling up your car with gas with a bucket rather than a nossle.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by propain
I wonder if it actually makes it worse.

The front bumper is shaped to funnel and direct air into the intercooler. Meaning the larger surface area is funneling the air into a point. Without the bumper it would not get directed. Its like filling up your car with gas with a bucket rather than a nossle.
Its my understanding the intercooler just needs surface area to work more efficiently. Ithink it could only help.. not exactly sure. But without the grill the is better flow into the intake for sure.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Its my understanding the intercooler just needs surface area to work more efficiently. Ithink it could only help.. not exactly sure. But without the grill the is better flow into the intake for sure.
  • Firstly have you seen this effect on a dyno? or are u basing it on when u remove everything for track use?
  • Secondly a Fan will not provide = flow conditions to high speeds reached on streets... i heard its not even close
  • Thirdly this is a FI car now, think they work a bit differently, could be wrong...
Old 06-14-2012, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by blindfold
Looks like a great build, if you do not mind sharing, where did you guys mount the Oil separator? I am having a tought time finding a location other than dad's method of creating a bracket since weistec's original location obsturcts access to the dipstick, maybe I missed in the photos you shared but please share if possible, thanks
mine is mounted in the front by the passenger side intake tube

lower left corner of the picture .
Attached Thumbnails Some Weistec toys for Mr. PERTPLUS - Supercharged Mercedes C63 by ACG San Diego-blower.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
The intake I agree. Removing the grill at the track helps a bit. But there is way more flow. The crap fans at a dyno serve very little use. This is why dyno numbers are crap. Things change when you have 80 MPH winds blasting at your nose that cant be produced on a dyno unless you have a really good fan setup.

If however the intercooler is partially covered by the bumper I can see removing it showing some gains. But I dont know how much on the dyno. But aerodynamically those gains would be negated by the terrible turbulence created on the track.

Last edited by propain; 06-14-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
I think you guys need to revisit the picture of the air duct system. Not to fuel this (actually to end this) but what you are asking is irrelivent to Dyno numbers on the Dyno. Leaving the hood open gives a much clearer path the intake ducts than removing the whole bumper and grill.

As for the heat exchanger being exposed (not intercooler) a Dyno is the worse condition for this. Hotter intake air temperatures are a major contributing factor to a decrease in optimal ignition timing. The decrease in ignition timing is a direct correlation to a big drop in power. Now the real question is, does the little black screen mesh in front of the heat exchanger block cold air front hitting it. The answer is no, we mount it literally right in the center and you can see the whole thing (minus part of the end tank which doesn't have cooling fins). Hope this sheds some light on your question. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering

Last edited by Weistec; 06-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ

Blower looks good.

How does the car feel now.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Weistec
I think you guys need to revisit the picture of the air duct system. Not to fuel this (actually to end this) but what you are asking is irrelivent to Dyno numbers on the Dyno. Leaving the hood open gives a much clearer path the intake ducts than removing the whole bumper and grill.

As for the heat exchanger being exposed (not intercooler) a Dyno is the worse condition for this. Hotter intake air temperatures are a major contributing factor to a decrease in optimal ignition timing. The decrease in ignition timing is a direct correlation to a big drop in power. Now the real question is, does the little black screen mesh in front of the heat exchanger block cold air front hitting it. The answer is no, we mount it literally right in the center and you can see the whole thing (minus part of the end tank which doesn't have cooling fins). Hope this sheds some light on your question. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering

Good info. Yeah I kinda of figured it wouldnt have any bearing.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by PetroC63
Blower looks good.

How does the car feel now.
thank you sir

it actually kinda scared me at first cuz i wasn't ready for it . i haven't opened it up 100% yet but i will soon enough
Old 06-14-2012, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jacob502
Congratulations pert plus. Excellent choice in mods and excellent choice going with Peter @ ACG. The build was professional.

Numbers on the dyno look Excellent for a mustang dyno. I have seen the new Brabus Rcket dyno 480 on a mustang dyno.

Enjoy it in good health
Don't forget to give James and crew credit too!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thank you sir

it actually kinda scared me at first cuz i wasn't ready for it . i haven't opened it up 100% yet but i will soon enough
Wow! Not even opened up 100%.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
when's the blower group buy coming out
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BerBer63
Let me know in a few years. I'll need to justify to the wife that it is cheaper upgrading than buying a new and faster AMG.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Weistec

Weistec Engineering
Not really answers my question but thanks for all the other info

My question is would the car dyno more with the grill and bumper removed. Id think yes this isnt a challange just a question any blocking or restriction or insulation inmo would hurt results therefore with everything totally exposed it should help (on the dyno) obviously real world conditions would be totalky differebt! I would never care about dyno results.. as for the grill in my opinion the top peice i think is exactly bloking theintake openings.. so its gotta help removing the grill

Last edited by dodger63; 06-14-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BerBer63
+1000000000000000

PS, how is the X pipe???
Old 06-15-2012, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'13 GT-R AMS Alpha 9+, CLA45, E55
Epic build.

Nice work ACG, and congrats on the new found power
Old 06-15-2012, 03:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-

2.9 blower ? noticed a different blower snoutn with different belt setup.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
1990 300ce supercharged and intercooled
My question is would the car dyno more with the grill and bumper removed.
Dodger,
I would be willing to bet that there is little difference one way or the other. But if I were to guess maybe a small gain from removing the grill if it has resistance. Removing the bumper could actually hurt because air no longer has ducting to force it into the intake tubes and through the heat exchanger. Without the ducting air can no go around. Path of least resistance. I doubt the heat exchanger has much effect though because the thermal exchange from air to water is to slow on a single pull. That is why having a large reservoir is important.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by whipplem104
Dodger,
I would be willing to bet that there is little difference one way or the other. But if I were to guess maybe a small gain from removing the grill if it has resistance. Removing the bumper could actually hurt because air no longer has ducting to force it into the intake tubes and through the heat exchanger. Without the ducting air can no go around. Path of least resistance. I doubt the heat exchanger has much effect though because the thermal exchange from air to water is to slow on a single pull. That is why having a large reservoir is important.
This was my feeling as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Jiaim
2.9 blower ? noticed a different blower snoutn with different belt setup.
Stage II.....stay tuned to Weistec for the press release on this setup

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Some Weistec toys for Mr. PERTPLUS - Supercharged Mercedes C63 by ACG San Diego