MotorTrend teases GT-R vs C63 AMG Black Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by callmiro
It's still a GT-R.....its still stock....and it still ran 10.80's.....

2 100's in the 60....which increases exponentially at the end of the quarter especially on a car hookin with all 4 wheels.... plus higher octane fuel can shave a 10th no problem on a twin turbo....

we're talkin about a 10th....not half a second
Two different spec cars. Sorry, doesnt apply. There is 1 production 2013 GTR that ran 10.8. ONE.

Higher octane fuel... I agree.. as stated in my previous post. That is how they shaved the time most likely.

2 100th's on the 60' doesnt give you close to 2 10th's. Sorry. Were talking about 2 100th's of a second difference on the 60' between an 11.0 and the 10.8 run. Id like to compare both slips because the 60' is not where the time was made up.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by Vic55
I own a GTR- fastest car Ive had and its not remotely as fast as some of those crazy 900-1000 hp GTR's. But its not all about speed and acceleration- its about driving dynamics too. The connection between driver and car is important to me. It sounds like a load of crap but after owning so many nice cars its really quite appropriate.

I have not learned all so much from driving the GTR except that I can boldly go where I have not gone before. The GTR makes a basic driver good, and a good driver even better IMHO.

But driving it doesnt create an experience that I ultimately want. I have the car because it does a few things in an outstanding manner. I am over the love or hate looks but it still doesnt inspire me like the Porsche. I really have learned chassis response, driving dynamics, and how to be a better driver in my 3 Turbos I have owned. To me if its all about the faster car, Ill send my GTR to AMS or buy UG Lambo and have one of the fastest street cars out but... its not.

I look forward to my BS purchase and I have no doubt Ill enjoy the driveability of the car. If someone in a GTR lines up and beats me-- so what. Ill look damn good losing and go home smiling.

There is always something faster but that doesnt make it better.
Well said
Old 06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by Vic55
I know MBZ left some ponies out in their std C63's hence the tuners came out of the woodworks but I wonder if there is anything left in the BS?

It would be nice to gain maybe 30 whp with a tune to get to the 550 crank hp...
Last time I spoke to Barry@Eurocharged, they're working on a tune. They have it up 40-50hp already with tune but still needs refinement.

I need to move closer to sea level. My BS only makes 420hp in the mountains.