MCT Tranny Problem... My Heart Sank!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by antman0505
I had a problem with my MCT the other day.

I started the car and noticed that the transmission mode selector dial indicator wasn't lit up. I then tried changing modes without any effect. The dashboard display showed I was in C mode. I tried turning the car off and on (but I didn't hop out and lock the car) but still no joy with the selector. I drove off and the car behaved normally as it would in C mode. Unfortunately still unable to change modes.

After I got home I shut everything down and came back a few minutes later, restarted the engine and everything was back to normal! A week down the track and no further issues.
I just experienced this on my way to work this morning! I still cant get it back lit up
Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM
ed4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2013 MB C63
Originally Posted by antman0505
I had a problem with my MCT the other day.

I started the car and noticed that the transmission mode selector dial indicator wasn't lit up. I then tried changing modes without any effect. The dashboard display showed I was in C mode. I tried turning the car off and on (but I didn't hop out and lock the car) but still no joy with the selector. I drove off and the car behaved normally as it would in C mode. Unfortunately still unable to change modes.

After I got home I shut everything down and came back a few minutes later, restarted the engine and everything was back to normal! A week down the track and no further issues.
This just happened to me today. I went grocery shopping, driving in S+ for 2 miles, then S mode for the last mile. Did not exceed 3k RPM's.

When I got my stuff, I started the car and noticed that the lights were out on my selector knob. At two different stop lights, I shut the motor off, quickly opened & shut the door, and restarted the car. The lights were still out on the knob. Turning it does not change modes.

Has this problem gone away after a period of time when this occurred for you guys?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63
Originally Posted by ed4
This just happened to me today. I went grocery shopping, driving in S+ for 2 miles, then S mode for the last mile. Did not exceed 3k RPM's.

When I got my stuff, I started the car and noticed that the lights were out on my selector knob. At two different stop lights, I shut the motor off, quickly opened & shut the door, and restarted the car. The lights were still out on the knob. Turning it does not change modes.

Has this problem gone away after a period of time when this occurred for you guys?
I can't exactly remember how long it took for things to re-set but it was in the order of 10-15 minutes.

I haven't had any recurrence of the problem since.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
ed4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2013 MB C63
I just checked my car, and it appears that my dial lights back up when I put the car into ACC mode.

Carry on...
Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Unfortunately the MCT tranny is prone to overheating. I was the AMG Academy in Nov and between hot laps they parked the C63 with engine on and aux blowers under the front lips. It would seem a bigger tranny cooler would be a simple (but not cheap) fix.