Sponsored by:

Clear Bra and Ceramic Tint Quote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 500SL-2002 C230 Coupe-2012 c250 Sedan SOLD-2012 C63 Coupe
Clear Bra and Ceramic Tint Quote

Below are the two emails I got back from the shop looked up closest to me that still had good reviews about 40 minutes away...

EMAIL 1:

Thank you for contacting Genesis with your Paint Protection Film inquiry. The following is detailed information on the type of "Clear Bra" that we apply and a quote for the most popular application.

The 2012 Mercedes C63 Coupe has several different coverage options depending your application and level of coverage that you want for the paint protection film (PPF). Our pricing is based on a the kit(s) you choose and the associated difficulty rating.

The most common application is the Bumper kit paired with Hood, Fender and Mirror kit. The cost for that coverage is as follows:

1. The Hood, Fenders and Mirrors kit retails for $239.95 (Part# P2740K-S2). We offer this kit for $191.96.

2. The bumper kit retails for $439.95 (Part# P2740M-S2). We offer this kit for $351.96.
The total for both kits is $543.92 plus $300.00 installation (based on difficulty) for a total of $843.92.
If you would still like some pricing on a Custom Full Hood, please let me know and I can forward your information to my manager for some pricing!

Please follow this link for details on your vehicle options- (once on the page, hover your mouse over the magnifying glass or click on "Show with Images" button to see kits)

http://www.xpel.com/products/paint_protection_kits.asp?prevtype=1&prevyear=2012 &prevmake=26&prevmodel=3130&prevsubmodel=0&prevser ies=0&type=1&year=2012&make=26&model=3130&submodel =7428

Your car will look great with the kits installed. We take extra steps to ensure full adhesion to the painted surface without marring or altering the factory finish. We ask that the vehicle is delivered to us in clean condition (no mud or bugs) ...however, it does not need to be freshly washed. If the vehicle has a wax we will us a 3M prepping solution to promote proper tacking. Installation is a one day process. Two of our team members are 3M certified technicians, one of which is a trainer, and they are solely responsible for all of our installations.

Although we are certified by 3M we choose to use premium Xpel film. Xpel's warranty is superior, the Ultimate series warranty covers yellowing for 10 years whereas 3M/Ventureshield does not. This is the latest in the barrier film technology, and Xpel subjects the to hyper-aging tests determine/test durability. Xpel honors the warranty and independent dealers are able to service and claims in house. Thus you could take your vehicle to any authorized Xpel dealer for warranty work, if an issue were to occur.

Beyond the potential warranty issues with 3M as a company, the Xpel film features a self-healing layer that actually resists scratching. No other company has such a characteristic.

See video here...

http://youtu.be/fUqzFvRw4-A

Lastly, Xpel's CAD designed kits are in our experience the best "fitting." Where permitting we will roll edges of kit behind body panels. The goal is always to minimize gaps and to achieve a near seamless installs where ever possible. The CAD designed kits are made to fit the panels edge to edge, usually only the hood would be completely wrapped/ "edge-less."

We schedule our jobs in advance; your vehicle should take 1 day to complete depending on what options you choose. Please call our shop for further details. It would be great to earn your business!

EMAIL 2:

Below is an itemized list of your requested coverage areas:

1. Full Hood: $300 Installation $200

2. Full Fenders and Mirrors (Optional): Part #P2754G-S2 $239.96 Installation $1503. Door Cups: $25 Each ($50 total)
4. Door Edges: $40/pair

5. Luggage Strip: Part#P2754J-S2 $87.96 Installation $50
6. Rocker Panel Kit which included Area Behind the Wheels: Part #P2754H-S2 $335.96 Installation $150
Once you decide what areas specifically you would like, we can do a package price for you. Below is some information on the Pinnacle Series Ceramic Film we carry.

All Formula One films are premium quality, virgin polyester base and are backed by a hassle-free, comprehensive, Nation-wide Lifetime warranty that guarantees the film will not bubble, discolor, or peel over time. You can choose through several shades including the 5% (aka "limo tint") to the lightest 80% film.

The Pinnacle series, is a solid ceramic construction film. Some vehicles have advanced electronic devices (i.e. intelligent key systems, bluetooth, navigation, satellite radio, remote start, etc.) which require the use of a film that will not interfere with electronic signals. Please see http://www.formulaone.com/en/pinnacle.aspx for more details on this product. This type of film is the most advance ceramic film on the market featuring impregnated, conductive metal that helps enable electronic signals.

If you choose to do the Pinnacle series, it will cost $275.00 to apply film to the rear windows and $125.00 additional to include the two front doors.

Considering the front two doors, you maybe interested our latest offering the new Air 80 nano-ceramic film from Llumar. It is a 80% UV film that meets CA law and reduces as much heat as a traditional "limo" tint. This product runs $125.00 for the pair. The other CA legal option would be the UV Shield which reduces heat by 28%. This film is recognized by the Skin Cancer Foundation for its ability to reject 99.9 of UVA and UVB rays. Please keep in mind that the state of California regulates the level of light reduction for front windows, so we recommend using a 50 state legal film.
Genesis Window Tinting not only installs the finest materials our experience yields the best, most consistent techniques. We utilize a CAD based computer cutting system for our film patterns with software from three independent vendors to ensure our pattern library is accurate and extensive. Our mounting solutions are composed with only distilled water to minimize any purities that affect the film clarity. All of our rear glass installations are done in a single piece without seams, gaps or creases. Beyond the Formula One warranty, we guarantee that our work is 99.9% imperfection free.

Genesis Window Tinting is also Sacramento county's largest commercial and residential window tinting operation. We offer many options in addition to the standard tint job, including 3M Paint Protection film, Xpel headlamp film, and custom graphics...

Let me know what you guys think. I want to make an offer for a little less if I get the windows tinted at the same time. Looking at a Basic package but with a full hood treatment and maybe the door handle add-on.

Last edited by flomofo; 07-20-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 PM

I'm also getting the windshield done...
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
i paid 2100 for xpel ultimate and windows done, semi custom job, top installer in so-cal

lotta money but done proper
Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 AM

2007 Jeep SRT-8
Wow those prices are steep. Especially when it comes to what you were quoted in email two. I have installed Xpel Ultimate... and while it is a good film it simply hasnt been out long enough to determine how it holds up over time. But thats what a warranty is for. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:33 PM

Here's the final quote, ouch. My regular place did everything for 1600 minues the full fenders and headlights.

I don't expect to get that price at other places but almost 600 bucks more seems like a stretch...

Are you in the bay area?

Hello,

Below I have an itemized list of the coverage areas and tint that you planned on getting for your 2012 Mercedes C63 Coupe. If you decided to do all of this in one appointment I can apply a package price discount for you.

1. Full Hood: $300
Installation $200
2. Full Fenders and Mirrors (Optional): Part # P2754G-S2 $239.96
Installation $150
3. Door Cups: $25 Each ($50 total)
4. Door Edges: $40/pair
5. Luggage Strip: Part# P2754J-S2 $87.96
Installation $50
6. Headlamps $110/pair
7. Bumper $351.96
Installation $150
A/A Ceramic Tint $400
Windshield Tint Ceramic: $225
$2,354.88

The discount would be 10% off the total. This is a $235.48 discount.

Thus, your final Out The Door price would be $2,119.40.

I have you scheduled for Monday, July 30th at 9a.m. Your car should take two complete days for this work. This includes the preparation, installation and a final curing and detailing process. In this case, your vehicle will be ready for pick up at 5:30 on July 31st.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:30 PM

2007 Jeep SRT-8
I'm in the DFW area. I understand its a different market but those prices are very high... and they should negotiate.