Sponsored by:

I am broke, but I am happy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Congrats on the GT-R! Beautiful, amazing car.

Guilty, obviously you'll grow out of this but open your mind a bit, you may just find there are things out there in life that will blow your mind, and you'll wonder why you didn't ease up earlier.

For the record, outside of laying back with cruise control on and the AC on full blast, that GT-R does more than compare to your CL, it blows it out of the water. Same with the CBS, frankly. Everyone is entitled, there is no wrong or right, but just some friendly advice from someone who's been there...eyes/ears open, mouth shut, you enjoy life (and the things in it) more that way
Old 07-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by solekeeper
Noob question, whats the difference between the regular GT-R and BE?
Carbon wing, Ray's wheel, and Recardo seats. BE adds next to nothing to performance compare to the standard version.

Sheep
Old 07-29-2012, 02:36 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Not looking to impress anyone. I have something against japanese cars and no one can help it. I love my car more than anything I ever had in my life and I seriously doubt that the GT-R can compare to it. When I'm going to get tired of the CL, I'm getting a CBS. I thought about the R8 but I'm not ready to leave MB yet. The GT-R looks cheap to me, no matter how powerful or sophisticated it is. But again, congrats to the OP and let's not hijack his thread by my fault. I don't want to feel guilty
Yes get the CBS, it is my next choice if I didn't get the GT-R. Go for it.

Sheep
Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Congrats Sheep. That is one serious performance car, nothing out there can really touch it. My personal feeling for the GTR is that I respect it immensely, but I am not a fan of its looks, its sound and when I drove a friend of mines 2011 GTR on a track, well basically that car drove me, it is incredibly fast around a road course and it lacked character in a sense that the car is so damn perfect....I know when I see one pull up beside me in my SLS I might just start playing with my radio and keep my head down
Old 07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ LOL.. Really Nick? U wouldn't take on a GTR? Coming from u, now I believe how fast the GTR can be.. Wow, wish I can test drive one some day.

BTW, why ppl say the maintenance on this car is so expensive? I mean what is so different in term of oil change & such?
Old 07-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Received 514 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
^^

The fluids are expensive and if you track your car, things add up quickly. Transmission fluid alone is $600.00 and that is before they put it in your car. My last complete fluid change ran me about $1,800.00.

Despite the high cost to maintain these cars, they are worth it (IMHO). The stock platform is a playground for any tuner. Add a few bolt on pieces and it's not hard to humiliate even supercars.

As far as the appearance of the GTR, yes obviously a personal thing but my experience at car shows and on the road is that the GTR gets constant positive attention. This is one car that looks better in motion than in photographs.

Finally, if you haven't driven GTR and "hate the GTR" then GTFO. Go sit your azz in one, drive it hard and then get back to me.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:52 PM

2011 C63 P31
I got a ride in a 2009 or 10 GTR once, and it accelerated like nothing else I have been in. The acceleration was also constant and seamless. Felt pretty amazing! The 2013 is quite a bit faster than the 2009, so I can only imagine what it must feel like!

I really don't see the GT-R as a Nissan, even though it is. Just like the Viper, the GT-R is good enough to be a brand, and an iconic one at that!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Congrats on the new car! It's a monster Drive safe.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
The GT-R designer was inspired by Gundam... for me that was instant love.

skyline, supra etc... all great cars with lots of heritage.... different yes to the germans or the italians but nonetheless have a great following. The thing that stopped me from getting one was that it only comes in a 2dr version as i'm always a sucker for 4dr performance sedans
Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Good to know that there is another Gundam fan here, as I am a huge one myself.

Sheep
Old 07-29-2012, 05:14 PM

2012 c63 sedan
Originally Posted by Sheep
Good to know that there is another Gundam fan here, as I am a huge one myself.

Sheep
I believe in Celestial Being's philosophy and after Japan builds first solar powered station from space, we will be getting closer to the 00 story line..

Back to current reality :P, congrats on your car, it is one of my favorite cars.. I hope to own one day. Wish MSRP didnt increase 30k in 3 years otherwise I would of probably gotten one..

How did your winter tires hold up in snow? I am assuming they would fit 2012 new 18" rims?

Last edited by late_bloomer; 07-29-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:33 PM

07 S8, 07 A6 (Sold), 06 STi (Sold)
Only japanese cars I will drive....LFA and this beast! Others...I rather drive Kia than other japanese cars. Once you have a bad experience, guess you really can't love it. Anyway, Congrats! Hopefully you will write some review on how it compare to C63 in the near future.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:56 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by late_bloomer
I believe in Celestial Being's philosophy and after Japan builds first solar powered station from space, we will be getting closer to the 00 story line..

Back to current reality :P, congrats on your car, it is one of my favorite cars.. I hope to own one day. Wish MSRP didnt increase 30k in 3 years otherwise I would of probably gotten one..

How did your winter tires hold up in snow? I am assuming they would fit 2012 new 18" rims?
I am more of a UC guy and like F91 the best followed by Unicorn, and if you build a space solar station and take all that money away from the middle east, I bet that terrorism will get much worse. The winter tires are pretty good and they are for the 18" wheels. Someone is coming to pick them up tonight.

Sheep
Old 07-29-2012, 05:59 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by dokebi1221
Only japanese cars I will drive....LFA and this beast! Others...I rather drive Kia than other japanese cars. Once you have a bad experience, guess you really can't love it. Anyway, Congrats! Hopefully you will write some review on how it compare to C63 in the near future.
I think I should, as I starting to find a bit of odd stuff here and there that generally not covered in standard reviews. For example, I am still too used to how MB does their hand brake release, so after I shift and release my hand brake, I still make the habit of reaching down with my left hand.

Sheep
Old 07-29-2012, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CTS-V
Congrats on the new car Sheep.

The GT-R is a beast. Enjoy it!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am more of a UC guy and like F91 the best followed by Unicorn, and if you build a space solar station and take all that money away from the middle east, I bet that terrorism will get much worse. The winter tires are pretty good and they are for the 18" wheels. Someone is coming to pick them up tonight.

Sheep
hey same here!

F91 is actually my all time favourite anime be it a full series or a one off movie like F91. Too bad they didnt have the budget to make F91 a full series.

my fav bot, the RGM-109 from the series.... just the everyday standard mecha for the common soldier
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Segway
One thing about the GT-R is it's a head turner to people into cars or not. People who are not even into cars can recognize that it's not your every day ride. When it comes to Mercedes no matter which model they all look fairly similar and don't really grab attention.

The GT-R gets recognized a "fast car" while a C63 or whatever doesn't. That's my opinion at least.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I think I should, as I starting to find a bit of odd stuff here and there that generally not covered in standard reviews. For example, I am still too used to how MB does their hand brake release, so after I shift and release my hand brake, I still make the habit of reaching down with my left hand.

Sheep
Recently, I have found myself start doing the same when I drive my 20 years old RWD Nissan that has finally turned into a garage queen.

Originally Posted by slfmde
One thing about the GT-R is it's a head turner to people into cars or not. People who are not even into cars can recognize that it's not your every day ride. When it comes to Mercedes no matter which model they all look fairly similar and don't really grab attention.

The GT-R gets recognized a "fast car" while a C63 or whatever doesn't. That's my opinion at least.
Yes, the other side of the coin is how most AMG's can run under the radar.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dokebi1221
If you havent given the NSX a go, do so it is an absolutely beautiful piece of engineering.

Originally Posted by otakki
Yes, the other side of the coin is how most AMG's can run under the radar.
And i hope AMGs stay this way much higher performance over their normal counterparts with a bit of subtle bling is what attracts me to AMGs.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 AM

2009 C63 AMG
congrats Sheep!!!

I too wish to someday own one of these beauties. Preferably have both the GT-R and the C63
Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by jl9j
congrats Sheep!!!

I too wish to someday own one of these beauties. Preferably have both the GT-R and the C63
The older GT-Rs are now on the market for about 60k now, so it is getting there price wise. Most people don't know that you can actually update the launch control software to the older cars to make them more reliable. So let say you get an 2010 GT-R then update the software to LC5, and you will get added protection to your trans and make shifting smoother.

Sheep
Old 07-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Banned

AMGs
Welcome OP to the dark side... GTR is a great machine.

Enjoy her in good health mate.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
Dude I have been drooling over Alpha 12 videos the last 2 nights. Just a reminder - you have a badass car