Sponsored by:

WTB: C63 AMG 08-11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C300
WTB: C63 AMG 08-11

I know this isnt the FS section but more 63 owners will see this here.

Hey guys, its about that time!

I have had my eye on the beautiful machines for a couple years now. I bought a C300 but am ready to make my move on a 63. Looking for one with 50k miles or lower, mostly stock with the exception of rims and suspension. I would like white, silver, gunmetal (metallic grey), red. Black really isnt an option since i have a black c300 but ill consider all options. Would prefer 1 owner but 2 will suffice. Dont want your raced, abused car please. looking to spend 45k and am already approved for loan, ect ect... Im located in Pueblo, Colorado.

Let me know what you got!

Thank you!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by agedog2gt
I know this isnt the FS section but more 63 owners will see this here.

Hey guys, its about that time!

I have had my eye on the beautiful machines for a couple years now. I bought a C300 but am ready to make my move on a 63. Looking for one with 50k miles or lower, mostly stock with the exception of rims and suspension. I would like white, silver, gunmetal (metallic grey), red. Black really isnt an option since i have a black c300 but ill consider all options. Would prefer 1 owner but 2 will suffice. Dont want your raced, abused car please. looking to spend 45k and am already approved for loan, ect ect... Im located in Pueblo, Colorado.

Let me know what you got!

Thank you!
Honestly, I don't think that you gonna find it here lol
Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Some of the cars that are raced are in better condition than the ones that aren't because we are paying attention to every little detail. When something feels odd or off base we get it looked at. We also have the oil, filters, and other fluids changed more often than most. Every time I race all the fluids, plugs, and filters get replaced, even the tranny. I wouldn't rule out a car thats been raced. It may have been better cared for than most.

Good luck finding what you want.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Some of the cars that are raced are in better condition than the ones that aren't because we are paying attention to every little detail. When something feels odd or off base we get it looked at. We also have the oil, filters, and other fluids changed more often than most. Every time I race all the fluids, plugs, and filters get replaced, even the tranny. I wouldn't rule out a car thats been raced. It may have been better cared for than most.

Good luck finding what you want.
This is true,, my abused one is for sale palladium silver. Ill sell it with all or any mods you want.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by dodger63
This is true,, my abused one is for sale palladium silver. Ill sell it with all or any mods you want.
This is the car you want, and +1 to what Dads said.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:25 PM

2011 C63 P31
If I was in the market for a used C63, my order of preference would be as follows:

1. Private party - Well maintained with all records, un-modified, not abused or raced, knowledgeable first owner, warranty remaining. Possibly the option for best price/condition.
2. Dealer - Used car at dealer lot, but CPO + extended warranty. More expensive than #1, but peace of mind due to CPO/extended warranty.
3. Private party - Slightly modded car, but well maintained, knowledgeable owner, warranty may have been voided already, so risky.
4. Private party - Heavily modded, abused/raced/tracked extensively, but well maintained. Warranty? What warranty? High risk, but you may end up getting $$$ in upgrades for free. Go this route if you are a modder yourself.
5. Stay away - Off lease car, Owner doesn't know/care about AMG cars. No maintenance history. Sometimes these cars may end up in #2, but personally, I would stay away from leased cars as owners don't have the incentive to take care of them (not saying everyone abuses leased cars, but I have seen a LOT of people not care of them).

In the end, you could find a gem in any of the five categories above, but you have to go with the one that minimizes the chances of getting stuck with an expensive car with no warranty. I wouldn't be so concerned if it was cheap to fix these cars, but if anything happens to that engine/drivetrain, you are looking at spending a fortune in repairs. I heard just the engine costs $40k!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Prob with any used car is you will never know how the previous owner took care of it...

Originally Posted by vmx128
If I was in the market for a used C63, my order of preference would be as follows:

1. Private party - Well maintained with all records, un-modified, not abused or raced, knowledgeable first owner, warranty remaining. Possibly the option for best price/condition.
2. Dealer - Used car at dealer lot, but CPO + extended warranty. More expensive than #1, but peace of mind due to CPO/extended warranty.
3. Private party - Slightly modded car, but well maintained, knowledgeable owner, warranty may have been voided already, so risky.
4. Private party - Heavily modded, abused/raced/tracked extensively, but well maintained. Warranty? What warranty? High risk, but you may end up getting $$$ in upgrades for free. Go this route if you are a modder yourself.
5. Stay away - Off lease car, Owner doesn't know/care about AMG cars. No maintenance history. Sometimes these cars may end up in #2, but personally, I would stay away from leased cars as owners don't have the incentive to take care of them (not saying everyone abuses leased cars, but I have seen a LOT of people not care of them).

In the end, you could find a gem in any of the five categories above, but you have to go with the one that minimizes the chances of getting stuck with an expensive car with no warranty. I wouldn't be so concerned if it was cheap to fix these cars, but if anything happens to that engine/drivetrain, you are looking at spending a fortune in repairs. I heard just the engine costs $40k!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 PM

2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by dodger63
Prob with any used car is you will never know how the previous owner took care of it...
True, that's why you try to look at all the facts and then make an educated guess about the condition of the car. It's all about the risk you are taking. Insurance companies take a risk when they insure you. They don't know if you are going to crash, but your premiums are based on the probability of you doing so. Buying a car could be equally complex as there are so many factors involved. Just find a car with the best risk/reward ratio. Risk goes up, price goes down.

You are throwing in thousands of $$ in mods so compensate for some of the risk that goes along with a heavily modded/raced car, and someone looking for those mods is getting a great deal because they would have spent that money anyways. That is the buyer who will jump on your car and will be very happy with it. I wouldn't try convincing a layperson who doesn't know anything about modding that your car has been taken care of etc. They will not value all the effort you have put into your baby. Glws! I hope your car finds a good home.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
If it was so easy best case is to buy new any car at anytime could blow id bet the likelyhood of a babyed "old mans car" that was never "used" with 45,000 highway miles on it has a better likelyhood of blowing up. Handed over to someone that plans on dricinf it. More then a car thats been threw the paces and has come out alive.. by the way headers and tune isnt really heavily modded.. anyway im close with the dealer on a trade in im just thinking for the same money i can hand over the car complete to someone that will enjoy it.. thank you

Originally Posted by vmx128
True, that's why you try to look at all the facts and then make an educated guess about the condition of the car. It's all about the risk you are taking. Insurance companies take a risk when they insure you. They don't know if you are going to crash, but your premiums are based on the probability of you doing so. Buying a car could be equally complex as there are so many factors involved. Just find a car with the best risk/reward ratio. Risk goes up, price goes down.

You are throwing in thousands of $$ in mods so compensate for some of the risk that goes along with a heavily modded/raced car, and someone looking for those mods is getting a great deal because they would have spent that money anyways. That is the buyer who will jump on your car and will be very happy with it. I wouldn't try convincing a layperson who doesn't know anything about modding that your car has been taken care of etc. They will not value all the effort you have put into your baby. Glws! I hope your car finds a good home.