C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Engine dies after 5 days from delivery!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG, 2011 Z4, 2013 BMW 335
Similar experience on 2011 C63

I got check engine light after 80 miles and 2 days from delivery. Car went back to dealer 6 times before it was finally fixed and has run great ever since. This was in IL and I sued under IL lemon law and settled after 6 months.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM

2009 C63 AMG Steel Gray
Originally Posted by dkay007
What do you mean by "but enough to cause me to get out"? To sell the car? or?
I would think he meant they (the dealer) bought back the car as a lemon.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:32 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mak C63
I got check engine light after 80 miles and 2 days from delivery. Car went back to dealer 6 times before it was finally fixed and has run great ever since. This was in IL and I sued under IL lemon law and settled after 6 months.
In Ontario we only have CAMVAP (like a Lemon law) but I'm not going to escalate it to this point just yet (unless I get some funny business). I'm hoping they fix the issue and it never happens again, but I won't take BS.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM

C63 AMG
Still no "real" update -- only thing I got from MB today was that there are a tremendous amount of codes; abnormal amounts. That makes me feel better...

Last edited by dkay007; 08-20-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
With that logic, you'd expect Ferrari's not to catch on fire. Unfortunately, price doesn't equal reliability.
You got that right, nor does price mean quality. Especially these days.

Originally Posted by Roswell
Yeah, too bad price doesn't equal reliability.

Sadly, it seems ppl are accepting these problems better on expensive/high end cars than on cheap/low end cars.

If this would happened with the Honda Civic, I bet the reputation/sales would get affected.
Yeah, I noticed that as well.

Still no "real" update -- only thing I got from MB today was that there ware a tremendous amount of codes; abnormal amounts. That makes me feel better...
I know you are being sarcastic...but keep us updated on this. Seems more cases like this are noted on MBW that usual lately. Hope they work this out for you in an expeditious manner.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:23 PM

C32 AMG x 2
wow, paying that much and this happening is horrible service. never liked mercedes mississauga, if oakville isn't far from you, after you resolve this id suggest you bring it to them. they are miles apart from customer experience and wayy nicer
Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by c32///
wow, paying that much and this happening is horrible service. never liked mercedes mississauga, if oakville isn't far from you, after you resolve this id suggest you bring it to them. they are miles apart from customer experience and wayy nicer
No, it is not far from me. The sales rep (Joe) has been great so far but service is a bit sketchy. I feel like they know something, but they do not want me to know until a decision is made by head office. Not sure what head office has anything to do with it. Obviously the car has NO MODS, it was freaken 3 days old when it died on me.

What I'm worried about is the alarming amount of codes that the car has returned (what service said). Now they are going thru the car logs...etc, prob trying find anyway to pin this on me.

The best service to date was at Budd's BMW, by far the best experience I had.

P.S. A smaller issue that happened on day 1 after I washed the car (live in a new area, a lot of construction) is condensation in the light. The day the car broke down I was going to get that light checked out by Benz...lol, awesome luck eh!
Attached Thumbnails Engine dies after 5 days from delivery!-photo.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 02:42 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by OCJeff
I would think he meant they (the dealer) bought back the car as a lemon.
Ya, I don't think it would be this simple. Once you sign the paper work on delivery its jumping through fire to get any done right.

Now I'm almost convinced that I should have gone with an RS5 and not the C63. The Audi gods have punished me What a terrible experience so far...

Last edited by dkay007; 08-20-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carlsson CM60 EX:C36AMG'96
Ya, I don't think it would be this simple. Once you sign the paper work on delivery its jumping through fire to get any done right.

Now I'm almost convinced that I should have gone with an RS5 and not the C63. The Audi gods have punished me What a terrible experience so far...
I disapprove the way your dealership threats you. I'm sure they would thread you far more polite and useful in germany. If you still have this feeling after let's say a couple of weeks contact AMG germany by yourself. it doesn't seem they really give a f&_)ck about your experience with the car. It's an expensive car they should kiss your feed
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
havent dealt with MB mississauga or oakville but MB burlington is pretty good. If you want to go the other direction, I know the guys up at MB newmarket very well. They will definitely not BS you at all.... give you the straight goods on whats up with your car.

either good luck with getting it resolved. I'm sure MB is as anxious as you are to get this whole fiasco behind them.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:49 PM

C63 AMG
So MB is saying the car was NOT calibrated properly and one of the sensors caused a bunch of wacky codes. HOWEVER, the reason head office got involved was because MB thought I tuned the car (like I said looking for a way to pin this on me, felt it from a mile). I did not do anything to the car -- NO CPU TUNE, so they fixed it.

What I loved about BMW is that my dealer was affiliated with Dinan and they tuned the car for me before delivery with a Dinan stage 2 package so it was all under warranty, AMG needs the same option for the car buffs. In conclusion, for those of you who want to tune your cars, be careful -- MB will look for it and void your warranty.

I pick up the car tomorrow, I'll see how it runs and report back.

Last edited by dkay007; 08-20-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
good to hear they will fix it.

as for tunes... my local mb gave me a contact with renntech when i inquired about tuning lol... guess they are all different
Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
I agree that it does suck that your brand new car crapped out on you and I am glad that they are going to fix it....What I have to say though, is that ANY manufacturer will go over a car with with a fine tooth comb to figure out a failure so early on, and yes if in fact they find something like a tune they will not claim responsibility for the failure. Anyone doing a tune to a vehicle while under warranty, that is not a factory sponsored tune (ie. Dinan) knows this going in or damn well should. Obviously you don't/didn't have a tune, but they still need to examine all possibilities. I don't get all the negativity in the thread towards the dealership as I am sure they were just doing exactly as they were told. We all answer to someone. Anyway as I say, glad it is (seemingly) going to be all worked out. Good Luck
Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Swoody
I agree that it does suck that your brand new car crapped out on you and I am glad that they are going to fix it....What I have to say though, is that ANY manufacturer will go over a car with with a fine tooth comb to figure out a failure so early on, and yes if in fact they find something like a tune they will not claim responsibility for the failure. Anyone doing a tune to a vehicle while under warranty, that is not a factory sponsored tune (ie. Dinan) knows this going in or damn well should. Obviously you don't/didn't have a tune, but they still need to examine all possibilities. I don't get all the negativity in the thread towards the dealership as I am sure they were just doing exactly as they were told. We all answer to someone. Anyway as I say, glad it is (seemingly) going to be all worked out. Good Luck
I agree that the dealer shouldn't fix someones problem (like a 3rd party tune causing an issue) but its how "service" handled it. They should of been upfront with me and told me, the issue is "X" but we need to follow protocol to see if you tuned it or modified it...etc and not keep me in the dark making it seem like there was 100's of things wrong and than come out at the end stating we spent the last 3 days just looking for patterns to see if the CPU was tuned at any point.

Note, the sales rep was nothing but helpful through this process, but I do have an issue with the service side of things.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:05 PM

C63 AMG
I just want to be back on the road problem free enjoying the rest of the summer :P
Old 08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Victoria star motors in Waterloo is a private dealer (no really affiliated with MB Head office) they have AMG performance techs and had no issue telling me what the codes were for my transmission and they are ok with ECU tunes and various mods!! I highly recommend you find a private MB dealer as they are better equipped to service a modded benz!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Sorry about that . I hope it gets fixed soon. Please keep us updated on what happens.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:17 PM

2014 ML63 AMG, 2018 C63S AMG, AUDI RS6
I agree that the dealer shouldn't fix someones problem (like a 3rd party tune causing an issue) but its how "service" handled it. They should of been upfront with me and told me, the issue is "X" but we need to follow protocol to see if you tuned it or modified it...etc and not keep me in the dark making it seem like there was 100's of things wrong and than come out at the end stating we spent the last 3 days just looking for patterns to see if the CPU was tuned at any point.

Note, the sales rep was nothing but helpful through this process, but I do have an issue with the service side of things.
How long before everything is resolved accordingly? I am a lil taken back with the level of service extended to you guys in the US. Not sure how and why there is a difference in the pre-delivery of the vehicle and/or customer service. I just doesnt make sense if the dealership is claiming that there is a flaw in the coding of the vehicle's ECU? Hmmmm... Have you tried recommending them to expedite a replacement programmed ECU for your vehicle.

The only reason i've made a switch to Merc is because the dealership is owned by a family friend and given their monopoly in our lil country, they wouldn't want to risk their reputation.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
I just want to be back on the road problem free enjoying the rest of the summer :P
I hear that LOUD and Clear!! I have been away from mine since June 20th and will not be home until early Oct! Not quite 1500 miles on it!!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:13 PM

C63 AMG
Picked up the car and it seems to be running great so far. Lets see how it holds!

For the inconvenience Benz of Mississauga will make the 20K maintenance FREE of charge
Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 431 Likes on 354 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Good news hope it stays running strong.

I think it should be a 15000 maintenance for a C63? Your information display will give you a heads up before hand. If you look in your service menu it will tell you when the next service is due.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Hi all, I'm new to this forum!

What a bummer, I just picked up my 2013 C63 on Tuesday and today the engine died on me 50 meters from the house. Last night it was running perfect, today engine light came on right when i pulled out of my garage and it just started "choking". Word from MB is that the car threw out a "bunch of codes" and now head office needs get involved and analyze the codes.

Here we go! With my luck I got a lemon!

Did this happen to anyone?
First time i drove mine on the highway the whole car started shaking. First i thought the surface was just uneven since there was construction work but then i pulled over and looked under the hood and the engine was shaking like crazy. Then came to tow-truck.

Sorry to hear about it though. Shouldn't be this way obviously. Hope they get it sorted out soon.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Given all the electronic complexities of the these cars, I won't go to crasy just yet. Mine had an issue with occationally not starting. Turn out it was just a bad tranny position sensor making the engine thinking it was in gear. Just in case, get the extended factory warranty if you plan to keep this awhile.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
As long as it's not mechanical...