Sponsored by:

Lost the 2 year battle - Lidar in IL.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
That is absurd man. From my observation, texting and talking on the phone while driving is becoming an epidemic, I see it every day driving to and from work. Bad enough the general population are bad drivers, add in these distraction and you got a disaster. If I was a cop, i'd be handing out tickets like candy to these distracted drivers.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home the point
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Yeah, let me put this into perspective.

In California, we have carpool lanes which run during specific hours. To make things more complicated there are some highway on-ramps that either have carpool lanes, or are completely carpool only.

In SF, there is a place where one street gets you onto the Bay Bridge via carpool lanes only and the very next parallel block is free for everyone. I made the mistake of turning a block early and was in the left lane. Come the on-ramp, I was stuck since both left lanes merge onto the highway. CHP was sitting at the top waiting and nailed me. $466 fine.

Texting or talking while driving: $159+ (increasing for each offense, but still a lot cheaper than my ticket). Now, which do you think poses an actual threat to other drivers? Violating a carpool lane or driving while distracted?
California is crazy. While on business trip in LA 2 years ago, I got a $500 ticket in the mail for not stopping for full 3 seconds before making a right turn. I read it, laughed at it and promptly tossed the ticket in the trash. Later that year, LA overturned and dismissed all red light camera related offenses. Sucks for the honest people who paid because they didn't get their money back.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
There was also a big stink raised either earlier in the year or last year where a few Bay Area cities were shortening the length of yellow lights so that more people would be caught on camera running reds. A few alert and diligent citizens caught the cities on this and reported it to the news. The cities had to issue full refunds to everyone.

Another sneaky thing they're doing is sending out "feelers". Meaning if they can't verify it was your car that ran a red, they'll send you something that LOOKS LIKE a citation. If you fill it in and send it back...boom, they caught you. If you do nothing, then nothing happens cause it's not a real ticket.

This whole state is backwards, man. Luckily, there are enough things I love about CA to stay here, but their priorities are all screwed up. You wanna know why roads here suck? The government took the portion of gasoline sales proceeds that was supposed to be for routine repairs and raided the funds as a "general fund" for who knows what.

/rant
Old 09-17-2012, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
At least San Francisco 49ers are 2-0 and looking like they will be going to the Superbowl while the New Orleans Saints stink big *****.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Few weeks ago in Miami Beach, undercovers cops act like they're crossing the street while on the phone with another cop few blocs ahead and if you don't stop to let him cross, they nail you with a ticket. Fortunately I stopped for him... And what's worst is that he jumps in the middle of the road like when the car is 10 feet from him!!!! And he doesn't even cross the street, he just crosses it halfway and then goes back to catch another person! I've never seen cops as sneaky as the ones who work at the MBPD (Miami Bïtch Police Department)
Old 09-17-2012, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bushburninc63
At least San Francisco 49ers are 2-0 and looking like they will be going to the Superbowl while the New Orleans Saints stink big *****.
Yep, I was at the game with Niner Noise

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Few weeks ago in Miami Beach, undercovers cops act like they're crossing the street while on the phone with another cop few blocs ahead and if you don't stop to let him cross, they nail you with a ticket. Fortunately I stopped for him... And what's worst is that he jumps in the middle of the road like when the car is 10 feet from him!!!! And he doesn't even cross the street, he just crosses it halfway and then goes back to catch another person! I've never seen cops as sneaky as the ones who work at the MBPD (Miami Bïtch Police Department)
That is super sneaky!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Yeah i've seen it all, I drive 2500 miles a month... I spend more time in my car than home.. lol
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
They've been doing that in Las Vegas also. I've come upon it twice and the first thing I did before braking was look in the rear view mirror to make sure I wouldn't be rammed by the car behind me. That said, crosswalks here are exceptionally dangerous for pedestrians, even crossing with the light. I don't think this kind of enforcement is always a bad thing.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
They were just doing it for the money! It was on west ave where I believe the speed limit is 30 or 25...

They were enforcing this sign:

There was at least 5 cars in line to get a ticket that day.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I hear ya. I drive almost 3k miles a month. But now, I'll spend more time in the air than at home.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Miami Beach PD has some serious issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the department is taken over by the county. I mean look at the following offenses this past year....
Two cops running over a couple lying in the sand during sundown in their ATVs while giving two female bar patrons a ride on the beach.
Same cops were partying earlier in the day at the Clevelander with a bunch of chicks while on duty.
A pair of undercover cops beat up a gay man in a alley.
The FBI sting that netted two Miami Beach police officers in a drug transporting ring that also implicated some pretty high up officials in the building department.

Theres more
The mayor denies allowing urban hip hop weekend during memorial day, the weekend we're invaded by the hip hop crowd and their wannabee entourage. People get shot, beat up, robbed, a bunch of negative publicity the residents dreead. Then we find out that the mayor has personally approved these events and has signed off on permits.

Miami Beach PD can retire after 20 years of service with full pension. becuase of this generous policy, most of the force is retiring this year, making the city virtually with out senior management. The city is scrambling to find replacements.

The city manager (not the mayor) makes $300,000/year. The city manager's three assisstants make well over $675 K a year together.

City employees are paid a generous salary with even more generous overtime. Ive never heard of such a thing. Salary+ Overtime? WTF?

Corrupt place this banana republic!