Sponsored by:

Flash Tuning: Post your dyno results -- Eurocharged vs. OE vs. Velos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
Eurocharged would be your cheapest option if you're looking at it that way.

You get the 4 tunes included plus any updates for free.

You also get the handheld device.

Plus, you don't have to open your ECU.

They're also proven with many happy people having posted back to these boards.

You won't know what you have unless you dyno with the local shop. That could be an extra charge to you as well.

I'm just sayin.
trust me velos is the cheapest right now BY FAR, just message them for the price. i just loaded the velos tune on my car and it feels great, top end pulls much harder.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:42 PM

10' C63, 99' 4Runner 250K miles!
Has the Valet tune been worked out? If so, what does it do?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:53 PM

C63
Originally Posted by PetroleumGuy
I read it has a speed limiter, so the car can't be driven fast.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
Originally Posted by PetroleumGuy
It parks your car.
Duh
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
velos wasnt much cheaper than eurocharged when i was quoted (like 50 bucks dif i think). OE is way more expensive. I would have gotten a tune already if eurocharged was quicker at responding my PMs lol. but now I've had such bad luck with modding my car i'm gonna take it easy for a while
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM

Porsche 911
I believe the chart you are referring to was actually a C63 with a tune and an x-pipe, modified exhaust and filters. That would explain the higher numbers.

My only issue with velos is that their numbers never add up and they had the following to say on the other benz forum:

"Sorry for any confusion which we may have caused.

To answer a few questions, the stock run is from a standard C63 not a P31. A P31 model will dyno higher stock but will achieve the same peak figures as a standard model once tuned.

The chart used in the original post was used in error. That chart is from a C63 equipped with our tune and an x-pipe, modified exhaust and filters."

I don't recall them ever actually explaining it in this forum even though I have asked them to clarify numerous times. I don't know of anyone putting out 100 rwhp with just a tune only. I suspect they're about the same and maybe slightly more, but IMO an additional 50 rwhp is hard to believe from just a tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ck
How much should I expect to gain if my car has P30 package? Please pm me the price.

P30 cars see roughly 50hp and 45 lb ft of torque. PM sent.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Velos is stating a 50 hp and 45tq gain with the p30.
I am assuming this would be similar with a p31?

Is this even possible or is velos blowing smoke up our collective azzez?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by natman316
velos wasnt much cheaper than eurocharged when i was quoted (like 50 bucks dif i think). OE is way more expensive. I would have gotten a tune already if eurocharged was quicker at responding my PMs lol. but now I've had such bad luck with modding my car i'm gonna take it easy for a while
when did you pm? I never saw anything come in..

Ou 1250 deal is pretty tough to beat! (plus FREEEEE retunes so when we better the software or you change your mods you have the best software possible for the car!)
Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 AM

C63
Originally Posted by bsmooth7
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ck
How much should I expect to gain if my car has P30 package? Please pm me the price.

P30 cars see roughly 50hp and 45 lb ft of torque. PM sent.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Velos is stating a 50 hp and 45tq gain with the p30.
I am assuming this would be similar with a p31?

Is this even possible or is velos blowing smoke up our collective azzez?
The P30 package did not come with the hp increase like the P31 did so I would assume the tune would provide similar gains as if it were a non-P31 car today.

What annoys me about Velos is that there are too many different dyno sheets and numbers that don't match. Their 2012 C63 is showing a 100 rwhp increase on the dyno, but they don't say what mods are on there until someone calls them out on the gains. Whoever is doing their marketing is more or less hurting their business because of the inconsistency. There's a difference between bhp and rwhp and the gains they say don't equal up to what equally good tuners have produced. If you could double the whp gains of all other tuners with just a tune it's highly suspicious. No doubt they can get the same numbers as others and maybe a few more, but double? No way. I say, be straight with us and you won't get called out on bs.

Last edited by HoozyerdaddyC63; 09-21-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM

Porsche 911
The P30 package did not come with the hp increase like the P31 did so I would assume the tune would provide similar gains as if it were a non-P31 car today.
Thanks very much for the info.
It is very helpful.

Hoozy for Prez!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:45 AM

C63
Originally Posted by bsmooth7
Thanks very much for the info.
It is very helpful.

Hoozy for Prez!!!
Here's a post with a link to dyno for Velos.
https://mbworld.org/forums/5203482-post23.html

The tune put out around 420 rwhp, but I don't know exactly what mods were on at the time of the run. WWMindy ran an 11.99 with tune, catback and filters which is excellent.

I've been trying to get on the dyno myself, but it doesn't look like I will get the opportunity before I get my headers installed so I am useless for dyno numbers.

You'll learn that your are faster than 95% of the cars on the street that you run into. A tune is a tune and I've heard all three are reputable and friendly and knowledgeable.

What more can you ask for?
Old 09-21-2012, 03:24 PM

C63
I agree, all 3 are good companies, but i believe VELO's is the newest to the tuning game.

I think regardless of where you get tune from it's the after service that really excels, and Eurocharged is top-notch for that, that is why we use them at the dealership.

any problems and they are just a phone call away..
Old 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM

C63
Originally Posted by AMGTECH
I agree, all 3 are good companies, but i believe VELO's is the newest to the tuning game.

I think regardless of where you get tune from it's the after service that really excels, and Eurocharged is top-notch for that, that is why we use them at the dealership.

any problems and they are just a phone call away..
You're a mod friendly dealer? I need to find one in Chicago.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
A tune is a tune
This I must disagree with. I tune GM products and there are plenty who hack the tune, so to speak. Pro tuners that short cut lots of things and sweep lots of error under the rug. There are some very wrong ways to tune.....
Old 09-21-2012, 05:20 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
This I must disagree with. I tune GM products and there are plenty who hack the tune, so to speak. Pro tuners that short cut lots of things and sweep lots of error under the rug. There are some very wrong ways to tune.....
You're absolutely correct. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did. I was just referring to the three we're discussing in this thread that have proven results from customers. All three tunes are similar in power gains with OE being slightly stronger at the moment.

The question is, how do we know who is making short cuts when there is a small difference between the tunes?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
You're absolutely correct. I shouldn't have worded it the way I did. I was just referring to the three we're discussing in this thread that have proven results from customers. All three tunes are similar in power gains with OE being slightly stronger at the moment.

The question is, how do we know who is making short cuts when there is a small difference between the tunes?
you don't.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
right on the money

Honestly as a customer I would have to rely on how active the company is in the community, their reputation, the service of the product post sale (for example we offer FREE retunes) and their customer reviews.

and speaking of...

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...rocharged.html

Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by Roswell
I feel this thread will go nowhere... my only advice is please do a search on each tuning company & choose the best for u.
i dont understand why it would go nowhere...its the only sensible thing to do, because me too when in the past I was trying to figure out which tune is the best (and clearly there must be one that is better then the rest regardless of the price) I had quite tough time finding out clearly which tune is better then the rest. And I think this thread, in which everyone would post results would serve perfectly for future members on a look out for the best tune that is out there.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
^^ it goes nowhere cuz most of the time this kind of thread end up in a war between tuners. As simple as that.

1 member can tell u his tune is better than the other member tune cuz he might claim his dyno number is stronger than the others.. But at the end of the day, dyno # are just that.. They can varies from different conditions.

As long as the member is happy with his tune, that's all that matters. All 3 companies mentionned have great tune with great customer service.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G63, C190 AMG GTC, W209 CLK63 BS, W208 CLK430
There are too many variables to just post numbers

You'd have to post what dyno it was on, ambient temperature, and fuel octane atleast to even make this a possibility