Just Got Eurocharged...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Just Got Eurocharged...

Just switched my tune from Velos to Eurocharged...hopefully no ones feelings will be hurt by this post but at the end of the day a review is a review, and that's all it's intended to be.

I must say that I am very pleased with the results and the differences in shifting and throttle response. Everything is very crisp now and much more responsive than it used to be.

At the end of the day, and for my tastes, Eurocharged is the better tune in my opinion.

Outside of the driveability, and in a similar fashion to Velos, Jerry and Adam were great to work with, very responsive and very friendly.

I guess it just comes down to who likes what from a pedal and shifting perspective.

Will post dyno and 1/4 mile numbers the next time I am able to do each.

BTW, average MPG's on the EC tune driving down from Chicago yesterday were 22.3 @ 65 MPH with cruise control on in 7th gear.

Cheerio!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 MB C63
how do you feel about the paddle shifter when making shift? Is it respond much faster? I feel that the 2012 model are slightly faster than the previous model. Well, that is all I concerned about.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:52 PM

C63
why would you blow money on another tune? why not just get headers or an exhaust? btw my velos tune picked up over 5 mph in the 1/8th mile...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 PM

2015 AMG GT-S,2015 GL63 AMG, 2016 Bmw M4, 2018 E63S AMG
I rcieved their handheld programmer 2 days ago.
The tune went realy well with some instructions from Jerry.
I must say that it is just a different animal now ! The throttle is much more responsive the shifting is much, much faster. I can litteraly feel the extra horses and torque under my a** )

Great work guys !

Thanks to Adam and Jerry.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by AMGFANs
how do you feel about the paddle shifter when making shift? Is it respond much faster? I feel that the 2012 model are slightly faster than the previous model. Well, that is all I concerned about.
Feel fine...they respond really well. It's just a question of learning when they will engage a shift as you get further up in RPM's...

I believe that the theory that one method engages shifts faster than the other (ie gearshift knob vs paddles) is a bunch of unscientific claims.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Chancejat
why would you blow money on another tune? why not just get headers or an exhaust? btw my velos tune picked up over 5 mph in the 1/8th mile...
First of all, maybe I'm reading into your response wrong, but last time I checked, it is my perogative as to how I spend the money that I work 6 days a week to earn. This is America, not a Communist country..Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, needs another Obama in their life.

Secondly, headers would just annoy the world around me, not to mention that the parts cost north of $2,500 alone and does not include install. Not worth the capital outlay to me. FYI, I used to have an exhaust, but didn't like it as much as the stock exhaust...the guys on here are right, the exhaust is the one part of the car that shouldn't be changed (headers-back)...I unfortunately learned the hard way and lost my a$$ when trying to get rid of what I had bought.

Lastly, if you must know, I decided to "blow" the money because I wasn't happy with how the last tune changed my cars driveability, even after several mapping changes. I didn't like the way the car shifted, didn't like how the clutch engaged between shifts and didn't like the throttle feel as much as I do with the tune from EC.

So, next time you decide to spend your money on something for yourself, shoot me a PM and I'll help you decide if it's a worthwhile purchase or just an example of you "blowing" cash out the window.

Originally Posted by Aleksandre
I rcieved their handheld programmer 2 days ago.
The tune went realy well with some instructions from Jerry.
I must say that it is just a different animal now ! The throttle is much more responsive the shifting is much, much faster. I can litteraly feel the extra horses and torque under my a** )

Great work guys !

Thanks to Adam and Jerry.
Agreed 100% - they were great to work with and the proof is in the experience...

Enjoy in good health and be safe!

Last edited by AMGTTV8; 10-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:30 PM

C 63
Also in Indy with a eurocharged tune if you want to compare.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by mdbenz4me
Also in Indy with a eurocharged tune if you want to compare.
I think a lightbulb just went off in my head...

Let me guess, Kevin?

LMAO it's Chris....you bought my old car!

Trending Topics

Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM

C 63
Nope. I live in Zionsville. Does kevin have a black coupe. I have seen another c63 on Zionsville road right by the daycare my kids attend
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
First of all, maybe I'm reading into your response wrong, but last time I checked, it is my perogative as to how I spend the money that I work 6 days a week to earn. This is America, not a Communist country..Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, needs another Obama in their life.

HEAR FKN HEAR!
Enjoy your new found power!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats. Jerry is a great guy. One of my friends here in Vegas and on this board just bought a complete header/X-pipe/tune from EC to be installed on his CLK BS in the upcoming weeks.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by mdbenz4me
Nope. I live in Zionsville. Does kevin have a black coupe. I have seen another c63 on Zionsville road right by the daycare my kids attend
Woops...lol

That was a let-down!

Nope...don't know who that is.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by kustom2k1

HEAR FKN HEAR!
Enjoy your new found power!
LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 E63s Wagon
P31?

Is your car a P31 equiped, as there still has been little info on whether these tunes do much other than shifting for a P31.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 PM

C63
Originally Posted by VP M3
Is your car a P31 equiped, as there still has been little info on whether these tunes do much other than shifting for a P31.

Thanks
I drive 63's all day at the dealer, I can assure you, a tuned C63 P31 you can feel the difference.. I dont bring cars on the DYNO, but i'm sure after working on these cars and driving them all day, my BUTT DYNO says its good
Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Glad you enjoy the tune!!!! If there is anything else we can do let us know!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 PM

C63
Originally Posted by WWMIndy

Secondly, headers would just annoy the world around me, not to mention that the parts cost north of $2,500 alone and does not include install. Not worth the capital outlay to me. FYI, I used to have an exhaust, but didn't like it as much as the stock exhaust...the guys on here are right, the exhaust is the one part of the car that shouldn't be changed (headers-back)...I unfortunately learned the hard way and lost my a$$ when trying to get rid of what I had bought.

Lastly, if you must know, I decided to "blow" the money because I wasn't happy with how the last tune changed my cars driveability, even after several mapping changes. I didn't like the way the car shifted, didn't like how the clutch engaged between shifts and didn't like the throttle feel as much as I do with the tune from EC.

So, next time you decide to spend your money on something for yourself, shoot me a PM and I'll help you decide if it's a worthwhile purchase or just an example of you "blowing" cash out the window.

Ha...you work 6 days a week!!...thats as far as i got....dont get butt hurt...everyone has an opinion. Ill be standing by for track results compared to the velos tune.

edit: just read the next sentence, and i agree, Nobody needs an Obama period.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by VP M3

Thanks
Sorry, it isn't a P31 car - you would have to defer to someone that has one and has tuned it...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
Just switched my tune from Velos to Eurocharged...hopefully no ones feelings will be hurt by this post but at the end of the day a review is a review, and that's all it's intended to be.

I must say that I am very pleased with the results and the differences in shifting and throttle response. Everything is very crisp now and much more responsive than it used to be.

At the end of the day, and for my tastes, Eurocharged is the better tune in my opinion.

Outside of the driveability, and in a similar fashion to Velos, Jerry and Adam were great to work with, very responsive and very friendly.

I guess it just comes down to who likes what from a pedal and shifting perspective.

Will post dyno and 1/4 mile numbers the next time I am able to do each.

BTW, average MPG's on the EC tune driving down from Chicago yesterday were 22.3 @ 65 MPH with cruise control on in 7th gear.

Cheerio!
But but but, this can't be...
Look at all these haters who vehemently claimed "A tune is a tune!"

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-vs-velos.html
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 E55
Sorry, it isn't a P31 car - you would have to defer to someone that has one and has tuned it...
congrats on the tune! do you notice any exhaust sound changes with the tune during idle/acceleration ? thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by bsmooth7
But but but, this can't be...
Look at all these haters who vehemently claimed "A tune is a tune!"

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...-vs-velos.html
lol...apparently not

Originally Posted by LIC63AMG
congrats on the tune! do you notice any exhaust sound changes with the tune during idle/acceleration ? thanks!
yes, idle and accel will be massively different.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by LIC63AMG
No specific difference between Velos and Eurocharged, but from a stock car to tuned car, definitely a bit more romp on startup and during acceleration...
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 E55
No specific difference between Velos and Eurocharged, but from a stock car to tuned car, definitely a bit more romp on startup and during acceleration...
Thanks! Enjoy your tune!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM

home the point
Don't know about the other companies, but in my experience Eurocharged have been very responsive and they are a reliable company to do business with.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
Glad you enjoy the tune!!!! If there is anything else we can do let us know!!!
Have you guys released the numbers on v4 yet? I currently have v3 and I'm just waiting on my programmer to arrive.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM

2012 C63 Sedan, P31, Magnetite Black
Damn this forum!!!!!!

Okay I give... I am going to have to get a tuner!

Jake sent you an email.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Got Eurocharged...