C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

*The all new Supercharger Lineup From Weistec Engineering including the Stage 3*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Originally Posted by ArthurJGuy
...a twin screw compresses air twice, once in the head unit and then a second time in the engine.
Would you care to explain how a supercharger compresses the air twice? I'm more interested in your "second time" explanation. I just don't see how a supercharger can compress air once it's out of it's housing.

I do not see any compressor maps or rotor info on your website ...
Since these are kits, and they've been proven to deliver, why the need to see the compressor maps? Are you planning on a custom build or something?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
nothing major.....Stage 3 without internals , complete tranny build and had an lsd put in

Nice that's what im doing as well.

Been to the track or anything?? How is it compared to just LT headers and tune??
Old 09-25-2012, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
Originally Posted by Weistec
We completely recalibrate the ECU to work correctly with our supercharger system. Because the tuning is much different we have to start from a clean slate. They won't affect each other at all. Thanks.

All packages are very useful. Even our CARB system makes more power than a complete bolt on C63, and it makes much more torque as well.

The CARB system is designed for a completely stock vehicle. It is bolt on and go. This is the same with our Stage 1 System. It is also a bolt on and go for completely stock vehicles that don't mind emissions standards. The Stage 2 is designed for vehicles that already have high flow exhaust. If you already have headers for example, this is bolt on and go system. Our Stage 3 system is the only system which we recommend our transmission upgrade, and it is mandatory to run our spark plugs.

In other words, for $12,999 plus right around $2,500 for a professional installation, you can have a supercharged C63 that is making 520-550 HP at the wheels.

Our Oil/Air Separator System is recommended for all 63 AMG's even if they don't have our supercharger system. You will be doing your engine a favor by installing it because it will save it from detonation, and serious oil grime on the valves and pistons surfaces. Let us know how we can assist and thank you for your interest!

Weistec Engineering
perfectly answers my question .. so i have a headers+exhaust, which makes my upgrade to stage 2 weistec supercharger just that, the system !
and there's no worry bout that tranny ? at all ? that's where im worried really
Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by c63edition1
perfectly answers my question .. so i have a headers+exhaust, which makes my upgrade to stage 2 weistec supercharger just that, the system !
and there's no worry bout that tranny ? at all ? that's where im worried really
The Stage 2 System is a perfect candidate for your car and will be a perfect fit. It is completely safe and will not have any issues at all. Let us know how we can help. Thanks!

Weistec Engineering
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 325i, '05 GTO, Shopping for C63
Originally Posted by msheredy
Would you care to explain how a supercharger compresses the air twice? I'm more interested in your "second time" explanation. I just don't see how a supercharger can compress air once it's out of it's housing.

Since these are kits, and they've been proven to deliver, why the need to see the compressor maps? Are you planning on a custom build or something?
A roots style supercharger usually has two 4 lobe rotors and all it is is an air pump, it just passes air around the outer side of the case and into the engine. The only boost is created because the supercharger flows more air/revolution than the engine can handle.

A twin screw supercharger usually has a 3 and a 5 lobe rotor and it sucks air in between the rotors compressing said air (1 time) through very very tight tolerances. It then passes the air into the engine and boost is again created because the supercharger flows more air/revolution than the engine can handle (2nd time).

I ask for compressor maps because there are two options available, a 2.3L and a 3L housing and superchargers are one of those things where bigger is not better.

Then again I am kind of a supercharger nerd. I put a 1.9L supercharger on a 6.0L V8 and made almost 800 RWHP.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E63s AMG
.... so tempting to jump back into this mix

Now to find a C63 ... then make some calls
Old 09-26-2012, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by Merc63
Nice that's what im doing as well.

Been to the track or anything?? How is it compared to just LT headers and tune??
just got the car a couple of days ago so i haven't really done any comparisons yet . this coming weekend , we are going for a little cruise with some modded M3s , a couple modded GTRs and i think a UGR lambo might make it's presence known . i guess that will be the first test . a few GoPros will be on hand

i did get a chance to jump on it yesterday for a bit and the car is scary fast but i guess that's expected from a 200whp increase
Old 09-28-2012, 02:37 PM
63c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 c63 + 2017 coupe c63 edition1
Originally Posted by msheredy:

A roots style supercharger usually has two 4 lobe rotors and all it is is an air pump, it just passes air around the outer side of the case and into the engine. The only boost is created because the supercharger flows more air/revolution than the engine can handle.

A twin screw supercharger usually has a 3 and a 5 lobe rotor and it sucks air in between the rotors compressing said air (1 time) through very very tight tolerances. It then passes the air into the engine and boost is again created because the supercharger flows more air/revolution than the engine can handle (2nd time).

I ask for compressor maps because there are two options available, a 2.3L and a 3L housing and superchargers are one of those things where bigger is not better.

Then again I am kind of a supercharger nerd. I put a 1.9L supercharger on a 6.0L V8 and made almost 800 RWHP.
👍 Understand you 👍
Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
Does the stage 1 change the exhaust note at all or make it slightly louder?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
SLS
This is some seriously good stuff. Keep up the awesome work, guys!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Weistec
Originally Posted by NellyRod
Does the stage 1 change the exhaust note at all or make it slightly louder?
We would say the exhaust note stays identical, however the car does become a little louder at high RPM's. Normal drivability is no different than stock. Hope this helps.

Weistec Engineering
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
just got the car a couple of days ago so i haven't really done any comparisons yet . this coming weekend , we are going for a little cruise with some modded M3s , a couple modded GTRs and i think a UGR lambo might make it's presence known . i guess that will be the first test . a few GoPros will be on hand

i did get a chance to jump on it yesterday for a bit and the car is scary fast but i guess that's expected from a 200whp increase
Well?? How did the weekend go!!