Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by SunSpot
Damn this forum!!!!!!

Okay I give... I am going to have to get a tuner!

Jake sent you an email.
LMAO

Old 10-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 e63s edition 1
When you load a tune with these handhelds, can the dealership tell there is a tune on it? If so, if you load the stock tune back in, can they tell at that point?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 CTT-S
^^ right on Shane.. have emailed Jake on this.. my concern is that my car is still under warranty and something happens (i.e. head bolt, etc) we can still take out the tune.. so the dealer can't point out that the tune caused the problem and will not fix under warranty :-(
Old 10-06-2012, 11:43 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by ShaneN.
When you load a tune with these handhelds, can the dealership tell there is a tune on it? If so, if you load the stock tune back in, can they tell at that point?
nope, your good. We have tuned over 6000 cars and have yet to have a dealer issue

Originally Posted by mgbrillo
^^ right on Shane.. have emailed Jake on this.. my concern is that my car is still under warranty and something happens (i.e. head bolt, etc) we can still take out the tune.. so the dealer can't point out that the tune caused the problem and will not fix under warranty :-(
Your good, just flash to stock if you want to for dealer visits!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
It is my understanding that it is impossible for the dealer to tell that the ECU has been re-programmed..

Then again, as a disclaimer, my understanding might be incorrect...
Old 10-07-2012, 04:23 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
interesting, that, lowering and exhaust is all i'd want to do to one. i don't mean to get off topic but how long is the warranty on an 09/10 car? and what about with extended warranty offers through mb? i'm in canada, if it matters.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
It is my understanding that it is impossible for the dealer to tell that the ECU has been re-programmed..

Then again, as a disclaimer, my understanding might be incorrect...
correct

interesting, that, lowering and exhaust is all i'd want to do to one. i don't mean to get off topic but how long is the warranty on an 09/10 car? and what about with extended warranty offers through mb? i'm in canada, if it matters.
(we have a location in toronto)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM

2018 e63s edition 1
Originally Posted by loungn14
correct

(we have a location in toronto)
I was actually wondering how a tune would work out in somewhere like Vancouver. As you know, we can see anywhere from -10c to 35+c, any issues with with detonation or pinging with a tune over the colder months? Or is that only a concern with a forced induction car? I've had a few supercharged cobras and a lightning and often i'd install a "winter" tune during winter months just to be on the safe side. I believe it had slightly less timing.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
SPONSOR

I was actually wondering how a tune would work out in somewhere like Vancouver. As you know, we can see anywhere from -10c to 35+c, any issues with with detonation or pinging with a tune over the colder months? Or is that only a concern with a forced induction car? I've had a few supercharged cobras and a lightning and often i'd install a "winter" tune during winter months just to be on the safe side. I believe it had slightly less timing.
It's not a problem. We customize every customers tune for their location/fueling/mods etc and tune cars all around the world on a weekly basis.

Shoot an email to mike@eurocharged.ca and he can take care of ya!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Talking

Just got my Eurocharged tune today! I'm so happy with the result. My C63 feels really aggressive ... Manual shifting is crisp and faster... My butt Dino can feel the extra HP's. Also got a fuel saver tune for long trips.
I bought the handheld tuner and the guys at Fine line here in Miami did all the programming for me. Serge and Alex are super cool guys.
I'll be at Seabring this weekend. Let you guys know how the tune works on the track.
Thanks Eurocharged!

Last edited by SB...C63; 10-10-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by SB...C63
Just got my Eurocharged tune today! I'm so happy with the result. My C63 feels really aggressive ... Manual shifting is crisp and faster... My butt Dino can feel the extra HP's. Also got a fuel saver tune for long trips.
I bought the handheld tuner and the guys at Fine line here in Miami did all the programming for me. Serge and Alex are super cool guys.
I'll be at Seabring this weekend. Let you guys know how the tune works on the track.
Thanks Eurocharged!

In my opinion the car should have come performing like that stock! Glad you are enjoying it!