Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 edition 1 question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Haha this literally made me LOL. But I will definitely make a mental note so I don't sound a fool when calling HRE to inquire about the brushed aluminum with tinted clear P43. Thanks for keeping me educated

Originally Posted by Roswell
Sorry, not silver... it's fancy silver = brushed aluminum with tinted clear FTW. j/k lol
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Don't let me influence you... color is all about your preferences, so if you like black go for it!! HRE can custom paint your wheels to any color u want.

Look at CoolPh bronze HRE... it looks so sick on his red car!! But his are 20inch.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 AM

Hah well you are not completely influencing me but you are definitely opening my eyes to other options. I am a girl therefore I am a compulsive buyer I don't really have the scope to reach out and explore unless it is presented to me. hah. So I am glad I got to see a pic of your car with your brushed aluminum with tinted clear rims (I think I got it right that time), it just gives me more options to think about and I can make the best possible decision based off that. And out of curiousity is there a significant ride difference between the 18's and 19's?

Don't let me influence you... color is all about your preferences, so if you like black go for it!! HRE can custom paint your wheels to any color u want.

Look at CoolPh bronze HRE... it looks so sick on his red car!! But his are 20inch.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG

Hah, thanks mate.

Most folks here say that 19"s are the best blend of stance and ride comfort. You're down south though so you might be able to get away with 20"s.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:52 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Oh boy I totally forgot about this. Hmm. One more thing to weigh in. But thanks for the reminder CoolBDPhenom03
I had an OS Giken LSD from Renntech installed in my edition one. It performs well but is expensive. There is a cheaper one from Quaife you can get from ACG in San Diego.

My main advice is think about how you want to care for he car because you can't use automatic car washes with the edition 1. If you don't mind washing it by hand then it is very easy to car for.

I love the black interior with red stitching, out of all the options it is my favorite. Before my dealer offered the Edition 1 I was set on carbon fiber trim but I actually really like the aluminum trim, it helps lighten the black interior.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:01 AM

Hi CoolBD! I never knew you had bronze rims on your car any pics on the forum? That sounds pretty cool.

Yea I don't want to get anything that will create too harsh a ride. That is why I stayed away from the M3. Do you know of anyone on here who has 20's on their C63 especially the coupe and how it looks? And also you don't think I'll look like a super poser with 19's or 20's right? Granted I probably already look like a poser to some considering my ultra girlyness soon to be driving around a C63

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Hah, thanks mate.

Most folks here say that 19"s are the best blend of stance and ride comfort. You're down south though so you might be able to get away with 20"s.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 AM

Hi CaliSun! Yea I am still pretty boggled with the whole LSD thing. I think I might just go ahead and drive one w/o it to see how much of a difference it will make for me.

I don't mind washing it by hand as I wash my current car by hand. I probably will still wash the diamond white one by hand so I don't think that is as big a worry. And I love your input on the aluminum as I was unsure as to whether I should stick to that or go with the CF. At this point I am figuring I can always change that out later. hah.

But thanks for your advice

Originally Posted by CaliSun
I had an OS Giken LSD from Renntech installed in my edition one. It performs well but is expensive. There is a cheaper one from Quaife you can get from ACG in San Diego.

My main advice is think about how you want to care for he car because you can't use automatic car washes with the edition 1. If you don't mind washing it by hand then it is very easy to car for.

I love the black interior with red stitching, out of all the options it is my favorite. Before my dealer offered the Edition 1 I was set on carbon fiber trim but I actually really like the aluminum trim, it helps lighten the black interior.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:33 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Hi CaliSun! Yea I am still pretty boggled with the whole LSD thing. I think I might just go ahead and drive one w/o it to see how much of a difference it will make for me.

I don't mind washing it by hand as I wash my current car by hand. I probably will still wash the diamond white one by hand so I don't think that is as big a worry. And I love your input on the aluminum as I was unsure as to whether I should stick to that or go with the CF. At this point I am figuring I can always change that out later. hah.

But thanks for your advice
Hi Sha1na,

You're welcome. I drove my car for about a month without the LSD and there were only a couple times I had a problem. One was trying to pull into a friend's driveway in San Francisco, the driveway was steep and on a hill so when I got the front wheels onto it the back wheels would lose traction and just spin. I couldn't come at it win any speed because the nose would hit. The other was a similar thing in a parking garage with a very steep ramp. That and accelerating from a traffic light in the rAin are probably the cost common uses of the LSD in day to day driving.

It just rained here yesterday so the car is dirty but here are some older pics of mine when I got it.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-arrived.html

Last edited by CaliSun; 10-24-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 AM

Granted that I don't have to worry about as many steep inclines in San Diego minus a couple structures, I think the LSD will come in handy. I guess the bigger question now is OEM or aftermarket.

And honestly your car is a beauty. Like I mentioned in a earlier post it reminds me of the bat-mobile but in a good way. I would probably feel like cat women or something if I end up getting the edition 1. How about you do you ever feel like batman or a super hero after driving? Hah. I dunno the drive/ride is just so amazing in these cars

Hi Sha1na,

You're welcome. I drove my car for about a month without the LSD and there were only a couple times I had a problem. One was trying to pull into a friend's driveway in San Francisco, the driveway was steep and on a hill so when I got the front wheels onto it the back wheels would lose traction and just spin. I couldn't come at it win any speed because the nose would hit. The other was a similar thing in a parking garage with a very steep ramp. That and accelerating from a traffic light in the rAin are probably the cost common uses of the LSD in day to day driving.

It just rained here yesterday so the car is dirty but here are some older pics of mine when I got it.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...e-arrived.html
Old 10-24-2012, 02:59 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Granted that I don't have to worry about as many steep inclines in San Diego minus a couple structures, I think the LSD will come in handy. I guess the bigger question now is OEM or aftermarket.

And honestly your car is a beauty. Like I mentioned in a earlier post it reminds me of the bat-mobile but in a good way. I would probably feel like cat women or something if I end up getting the edition 1. How about you do you ever feel like batman or a super hero after driving? Hah. I dunno the drive/ride is just so amazing in these cars
It gets lots of attention! People ask if they can touch it, I guess they expect it to feel rubbery or something. I don't really feel like a superhero in it though. Lol
Old 10-24-2012, 03:11 AM

Lol. That's funny. My mom was telling the dealer that all their matte colors remind her of people who shower but never put lotion on, so the color reminds her of dry skin. I personally beg to differ because if I don't get the edition 1 I wouldn't be surprised if I end up doing some sort of matte silver wrap. Tahaha you should feel like a superhero considering how super fly your cars is and for the record you are talking to someone who literally just turned 24y/o, 10 minutes ago so my maturity level is slightly questionable. Hah. So sorry for any of my strange comments like the superhero one

It gets lots of attention! People ask if they can touch it, I guess they expect it to feel rubbery or something. I don't really feel like a superhero in it though. Lol
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
i actually wanted a car just like you want (white) but then saw the edition 1 and fell in love. Ask whether it's been modified at the factory or not, ive seen and edition 1 that costs around 80k new with EVERYTHING... mine cost 72 new and did not have LSD, so the CPO'd one will probably have more options than my car (see my logic?). that being said, you can deffinetly negotiate the price, i saw an edition 1 with 15k miles go for $59k
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM

C63 Coupe Edition 1
Lol. That's funny. My mom was telling the dealer that all their matte colors remind her of people who shower but never put lotion on, so the color reminds her of dry skin. I personally beg to differ because if I don't get the edition 1 I wouldn't be surprised if I end up doing some sort of matte silver wrap. Tahaha you should feel like a superhero considering how super fly your cars is and for the record you are talking to someone who literally just turned 24y/o, 10 minutes ago so my maturity level is slightly questionable. Hah. So sorry for any of my strange comments like the superhero one
Happy Birthday!!

Don't worry, the superhero comment wasn't the first time I heard that, one of my friends called it the bat mobile too, that and Darth Vader are popular names for it.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:25 AM

Hi C63edition1! I will probably swing by the dealership that has the edition 1 before I go order the diamond white one and I will definitely ask what modifications have been done. And thanks for the information on the price I will definitely look into what kind of deal I can get from that edition 1 if i decide to move forward with that one. Thanks again for the info

Originally Posted by c63edition1
i actually wanted a car just like you want (white) but then saw the edition 1 and fell in love. Ask whether it's been modified at the factory or not, ive seen and edition 1 that costs around 80k new with EVERYTHING... mine cost 72 new and did not have LSD, so the CPO'd one will probably have more options than my car (see my logic?). that being said, you can deffinetly negotiate the price, i saw an edition 1 with 15k miles go for $59k
Old 10-24-2012, 11:28 AM

Hi CaliSun! Thanks so much. haha. I think I will look like those two little yellow ***** a little later in the day

Hah I like bat mobile because you are still the superhero, the darth vader one kind of makes you sound like a villain. And the C63 is almost never a villain
Happy Birthday!!

Don't worry, the superhero comment wasn't the first time I heard that, one of my friends called it the bat mobile too, that and Darth Vader are popular names for it.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 SL55
Edition 1. Done. Do it.
Obviously I'm biased.
I love my car. I get stopped all the time.
It is amazing.
Need I say more?

Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
A car
sha1na_AMG and anyone else, HRE's Office/Factory is located in North San Diego. And you are welcome to drop by anytime to see how our wheels are made.

We are currently preparing for SEMA show in Las Vegas so most of our staff and display will be out of office til after the event.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Hi Lon! Thanks for the info. I have heard of this, where exactly are you located? Like in the escondido area? or further towards oceanside? I was thinking of dropping by just to see all the wheels you guys have in person

Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
sha1na_AMG and anyone else, HRE's Office/Factory is located in North San Diego. And you are welcome to drop by anytime to see how our wheels are made.

We are currently preparing for SEMA show in Las Vegas so most of our staff and display will be out of office til after the event.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Check their website. They're in Carlsbad.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM

I had to linger over your pictures for a bit but all I can say is WoW. That is a magnificent sight. Even more inspiration for me to further think about this edition 1 more thoroughly. Thanks for the pics

Originally Posted by brooklync63
Edition 1. Done. Do it.
Obviously I'm biased.
I love my car. I get stopped all the time.
It is amazing.
Need I say more?

Old 10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Hi CoolBD! I never knew you had bronze rims on your car any pics on the forum? That sounds pretty cool.

Yea I don't want to get anything that will create too harsh a ride. That is why I stayed away from the M3. Do you know of anyone on here who has 20's on their C63 especially the coupe and how it looks? And also you don't think I'll look like a super poser with 19's or 20's right? Granted I probably already look like a poser to some considering my ultra girlyness soon to be driving around a C63
Here is the link to the pictures in my garage folder. There are some Vorsteiner rims pictured in some of the earlier photos that Vivid took, but I do not have those. I have the P43S in SATIN bronze. You can also see more pictures of my car on the HRE website.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/c...enix-5883.html

http://www.hrewheels.com/gallery/pag...0S-Series_P43S
Old 10-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Ok cool! Thanks CoolBD! Now that I think about this you mentioned it to me when I first joined the forum

Check their website. They're in Carlsbad.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Yup, sure did

HRE Performance Wheels
2611 Commerce Way, Suite D
Vista, California 92081
Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Oh wow your car looks super clean! I love your wheels Also your car color is not mars red correct?

Here is the link to the pictures in my garage folder. There are some Vorsteiner rims pictured in some of the earlier photos that Vivid took, but I do not have those. I have the P43S in SATIN bronze. You can also see more pictures of my car on the HRE website.

https://mbworld.org/forums/members/c...enix-5883.html

http://www.hrewheels.com/gallery/pag...0S-Series_P43S
Old 10-24-2012, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
It is indeed Mars Red.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 edition 1 question...