C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

probably the weirdest of all C63 squeaks ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012 | 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
probably the weirdest of all C63 squeaks ...

my car, as well as all of yours, has a ton of squeaks (and rattles). this particular one, however, takes the cake...

i noticed that my car makes this really strange squeaking/rubbing type sound seemingly coming from the rear portion of my car when car is at a complete standstill with the engine idling. it literally sounds like a dull low-pitched squeak, and it is cyclical. it is also intermittent, which makes it a b**ch to diagnose. i can only hear it from the inside of the car, probably bc ambient noise is less ... when i go outside of the car to listen, i can't hear a thing. i also cannot hear it while driving due to the awesome sound of the engine and exhaust, so i can't say whether or not it happens only at a standstill. i have taken it to the dealership, but of course, as per murphy's law, the sound refuses to occur while there.

has anyone else heard this sound before? i initially thought it was the tranny, but it is coming from further back, it seems. then i thought it was the LSD, but that gearset doesn't move if the car parked. i don't mind strange noises, as long as it doesnt mean something is about to break. any useful insights from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by m a x i m u s; 10-24-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-24-2012 | 01:00 AM

12 MB C63
yep. happen to me. i had 7k miles now and still have this sound. raining day will go away but it will come back later on. very annoying. The dealership will say NORMAL...I am planing to change a dust free pad...
Old 10-24-2012 | 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGFANs
yep. happen to me. i had 7k miles now and still have this sound. raining day will go away but it will come back later on. very annoying. The dealership will say NORMAL...I am planing to change a dust free pad...
"dust free pad" = you get the sound when braking? or do you also get the squeak when parked? for me, i get the sound when parked, and it is definitely not from the brakes.
Old 10-24-2012 | 01:27 AM

2012 C63 AMG
Have the dealer do the service bulletin on the rear parking brakes.. Mine did the same thing, after they removed and correctly reinstalled the parking brake it fixed the sound.

Same intermittent thing also. The recall was for none AMG cars but it seems that AMG cars are affected.. Funny that my 2010 never made a sound but my 2012 did it every so often, then it finally decided to do it every day and I recorded it on video and showed them and bam fixed.

Also on my paper work it said something about removing excessive rust from the rear rotors.
Old 10-24-2012 | 01:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
Have the dealer do the service bulletin on the rear parking brakes.. Mine did the same thing, after they removed and correctly reinstalled the parking brake it fixed the sound.

Same intermittent thing also. The recall was for none AMG cars but it seems that AMG cars are affected.. Funny that my 2010 never made a sound but my 2012 did it every so often, then it finally decided to do it every day and I recorded it on video and showed them and bam fixed.

Also on my paper work it said something about removing excessive rust from the rear rotors.
Interesting. Did your problem occur when the car was moving or at a complete standstill? Mine is happening when the car is at a dead stop, and even with it in park, so the brakes aren't even being applied...
Old 10-24-2012 | 01:58 AM

12 MB C63
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
"dust free pad" = you get the sound when braking? or do you also get the squeak when parked? for me, i get the sound when parked, and it is definitely not from the brakes.
I had a weird click sound when parking. I don;t know if is similar. and I feel the car is stoped so suddently even is on a smooth road.. weird..
Old 10-24-2012 | 03:51 AM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Interesting. Did your problem occur when the car was moving or at a complete standstill? Mine is happening when the car is at a dead stop, and even with it in park, so the brakes aren't even being applied...
Moving only at sub 20mph. I guess you really do have a mystery sound. It took almost a year to figure out mine
Old 10-24-2012 | 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

since my squeak is happening at least when the car is at a standstill (and it doesnt matter whether it is in P, R, or D) i am thinking it probably has to do with something that IS moving, like exhaust flow and fuel flow. maybe a bad pump somewhere...
Old 10-24-2012 | 09:38 PM

bmw
The recall was for none AMG cars but it seems that AMG cars are affected