No news from anyone ?

@Velos , are you dead ?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 C63
Originally Posted by Kaiba
No news from anyone ?

@Velos , are you dead ?
Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you. Why are still posting on this thread? Take care of this issue on your own with Velos. You don't need validation from other people that you have a problem with your tune. I've read through the entire thread and you just keep saying the same old thing. Just work with Velos one on one. You're clogging up this forum with this childish bickering.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by tfthach13
Dude, there is something seriously wrong with you. Why are still posting on this thread? Take care of this issue on your own with Velos. You don't need validation from other people that you have a problem with your tune. I've read through the entire thread and you just keep saying the same old thing. Just work with Velos one on one. You're clogging up this forum with this childish bickering.
I disagree. If the tuner is putting up false numbers than other potential buyers should be aware. I am interested in the other results as well to see where the problem is.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by propain
I disagree. If the tuner is putting up false numbers than other potential buyers should be aware. I am interested in the other results as well to see where the problem is.
NellyRod got 38whp out of his CBS with the Velos tune, so there is confirmation that the tune does work in some cases. There's another dyno happening this weekend with another CBS, so we'll see how it looks very soon.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rage2
NellyRod got 38whp out of his CBS with the Velos tune, so there is confirmation that the tune does work in some cases. There's another dyno happening this weekend with another CBS, so we'll see how it looks very soon.
Still have not seen graphs posted.. As porpain pointed out which I was not aware of is the STD vs SAE dyno graphs. VELOS is using STD graphs which over inflate numbers significantly. OE and ohters post SAE graphs and show lower numbers but are more realistic to real world output.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM

'09 C63
Originally Posted by propain
I completely agree. IF a tuner is putting up false numbers then potential buyers should definitely be aware. This is definitely false advertisement if their numbers are not standardized. But my gripe is this mindless back and forth. We're all adults here. And this can matter can definitely be handled in a more professional manner, but Kaiba chose to put Velos on blast for a good 90% of this thread. Kaiba made his point during the first two pages: the tune doesn't work as Velos' website claims for the BS with certain mods. Fine buyers now know that. Why go on for another two pages shouting the same old thing?

Like I said, this can be handled one on one with Velos. It does not involve us. Our involvement ended when we found out that this particular tune doesn't work so well on the BS with headers and LTs. Or whatever else mods Kaiba has on his car.

And Kaiba, asking '@Velos, are you dead?' Very mature. It seems like you're trying to provoke them rather than coming to a resolution.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
I completely agree. IF a tuner is putting up false numbers then potential buyers should definitely be aware. This is definitely false advertisement if their numbers are not standardized. But my gripe is this mindless back and forth. We're all adults here. And this can matter can definitely be handled in a more professional manner, but Kaiba chose to put Velos on blast for a good 90% of this thread. Kaiba made his point during the first two pages: the tune doesn't work as Velos' website claims for the BS with certain mods. Fine buyers now know that. Why go on for another two pages shouting the same old thing?

Like I said, this can be handled one on one with Velos. It does not involve us. Our involvement ended when we found out that this particular tune doesn't work so well on the BS with headers and LTs. Or whatever else mods Kaiba has on his car.

And Kaiba, asking '@Velos, are you dead?' Very mature. It seems like you're trying to provoke them rather than coming to a resolution.
I hear ya. I dont think anything has been conclusive enough to close the thread yet though. As rage pointed out someone made 30+whp so that is much better than the 10whp claimed already.

VELOS has the right to clear its name at this point. Not discussing other customers results would be doing a disservice to VELOS.

Question: was the 30+ whp sae? Hopefully we get a chart.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG

What you can't see ( through private mails ) is that Velos never wanted to believe me on the figures. I have proofs where they only have speculations... I tried to make that clear to anyone but nobody tried to believe me....
I will not go through emails but Velos never tried to get a comparo between the tunes , never tried to check if the files were OK , never tried to send me new files just to be sure , never tried anything to help !! That's why I made it public...

Propain just agreed with me ( on the figures ) only on the last page. I can understand my english is not perfect but I just wanted to know if people ( apart from Velos ) understood my frustration regarding the numbers.

I have to say , again , Velos tune MIGHT work with your cars. It just doesn't on mine. I'm no expert so I dunno why it would not on mine ( EU vs US ) but at least , they could try to figure out ....

The only solution that was given to me by Velos , is to send my ECU back ( a 2000 EUR value in France ) along with the handheld for a $400 refund... Do you think its a real solution ?
I told them million times already , I'm ready to flash back to stock , send them everything back , and get my 1400$ back. But never heard back....

I'm sorry this came as a long , useless thread. When I read again all the posts , I can only think that either Velos never understood my issue , either they just don't want to understand and they don't care ....
This could have been solved from the first day ... As soon as I proposed them to send everything back ( even before the custom tune ) , they should have refunded me at that time.

Nothing immature in my concern. I'm just bumping the thread as they are hoping I will just give up...

I'm not trying to bash anyone , I just want them to understand my situation and send back my useless $1400. Propain just understood the matter 1 page ago. I'm sure my english doesn't help , I think the numbers were not clear for everyone from the beginning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:06 AM

'09 C63
Originally Posted by Kaiba
What you can't see ( through private mails ) is that Velos never wanted to believe me on the figures. I have proofs where they only have speculations... I tried to make that clear to anyone but nobody tried to believe me....
I will not go through emails but Velos never tried to get a comparo between the tunes , never tried to check if the files were OK , never tried to send me new files just to be sure , never tried anything to help !! That's why I made it public...

Propain just agreed with me ( on the figures ) only on the last page. I can understand my english is not perfect but I just wanted to know if people ( apart from Velos ) understood my frustration regarding the numbers.

I have to say , again , Velos tune MIGHT work with your cars. It just doesn't on mine. I'm no expert so I dunno why it would not on mine ( EU vs US ) but at least , they could try to figure out ....

The only solution that was given to me by Velos , is to send my ECU back ( a 2000 EUR value in France ) along with the handheld for a $400 refund... Do you think its a real solution ?
I told them million times already , I'm ready to flash back to stock , send them everything back , and get my 1400$ back. But never heard back....

I'm sorry this came as a long , useless thread. When I read again all the posts , I can only think that either Velos never understood my issue , either they just don't want to understand and they don't care ....
This could have been solved from the first day ... As soon as I proposed them to send everything back ( even before the custom tune ) , they should have refunded me at that time.

Nothing immature in my concern. I'm just bumping the thread as they are hoping I will just give up...

I'm not trying to bash anyone , I just want them to understand my situation and send back my useless $1400. Propain just understood the matter 1 page ago. I'm sure my english doesn't help , I think the numbers were not clear for everyone from the beginning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ok. I now understand your frustration. I did not realize that the offer for $400 back is for the equipment PLUS your ECU (to be reflashed back to stock I presume). If they are asking for your ECU and their equipment back, I believe that a FULL refund should be in order; or at least something close to it. $400 seems too little in this case, if what they claim is correct (their files can only be used with their tuning module). In that case, the shop that you used would have little use with the file that they extracted.

I apologize for not fully understanding the refund details. I am not trying to take sides, but I think Velos should refund a near, if not full refund for your ECU and equipment back. It pains me to say it because I am currently in the process of using the Velos tune for my C63, and as much as I would like to support Velos in this case, I think Velos should do a near/full refund and just forget this whole thing ever happened be I can see it putting a huge drag on their potential busniess.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Ok. I now understand your frustration. I did not realize that the offer for $400 back is for the equipment PLUS your ECU (to be reflashed back to stock I presume). If they are asking for your ECU and their equipment back, I believe that a FULL refund should be in order; or at least something close to it. $400 seems too little in this case, if what they claim is correct (their files can only be used with their tuning module). In that case, the shop that you used would have little use with the file that they extracted.

I apologize for not fully understanding the refund details. I am not trying to take sides, but I think Velos should refund a near, if not full refund for your ECU and equipment back. It pains me to say it because I am currently in the process of using the Velos tune for my C63, and as much as I would like to support Velos in this case, I think Velos should do a near/full refund and just forget this whole thing ever happened be I can see it putting a huge drag on their potential busniess.
They have very solid numbers & real world achievements on the "standard" C63 tune. I do believe you will be pleased with their tune.

Unfortunately , I don't think their tune is as powerfull as they advise on the Black. To be honest , I can't understand how they can reach those numbers with a out-of-the-box fully tuned engine... I should have questioned that before purchase..
But then again , their dyno graph showed +53 with only tune so I thought it could only be better with headers...

I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks and I hope we will laugh about that later...