Sponsored by:

C250 wanna be 63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 coupe PP31......BMW 330
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hah this is kind of funny because when I asked a dealer about a used C63 that had been sold I guess he assumed a new C63 was out of my price range so he suggested that I get a C350 coupe, add a carbon fiber lip, badge it as an AMG and just throw on a quad exhaust, "basically the same thing" (his exact words). So I told him I honestly love the exterior yes, but I am more interested in the engine since I love the way a C63 roars. Before he could say anything else I asked him, "So are you going to suggest an engine swap at this time too?" I found it really interesting how this dealer was asking me to be a poser, I actually mentioned that to him as well but he couldn't answer me coherently at that point. I am guessing he said all this because I am a girl but that's just me, I can't even imagine him telling any of you guys this.

Nothing against posers, it's whatever your flavor is, but at least I know what I got
SALESMAN.....PUH!!!! you know more info about this car than salesman do ! lol
Old 11-10-2012, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
Buy her a car sticker that says: C63 wanabe!!! or something like : poor C250 Mercedes owner but I trying to appeal like C63 owners in tight a budget!!

Last edited by C63newdude; 11-10-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by natman316
If its a girl it's ok.
Really???

I think it's silly all around. I wouldn't have posted, but this is a ridiculous statement. Who cares what sex the person is?! Just realize they want what they can't have and move on. I don't care about the poser's because I know what I drive, but this statement is irrelevant. Be happy you are able to afford and drive the car you have!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:11 AM

2011 C63 AMG
Wow I have seen a few cars like this, and yeah it sucks. But all that matters is when you line up against em they have no chance! :P
Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63, C55 (Sold)
Just yesterday when I was going back to the parking lot after a wonderful meal with the wifeys, I saw a car coming my way. I identified the C63 pre facelift fascia, had a black roof and the rest was silver, just as mine. I gave a comment to my wife saying "hey, it's my car's twin brother!" When it passed over, I saw the two exhaust pipes and the C300 badge in the back. I felt ashamed of myself, to not be able to identify a fellow C63 since the beginning. The car had the C63 bumper and even the hood...
Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by LuisC55AMG
Just yesterday when I was going back to the parking lot after a wonderful meal with the wifeys, I saw a car coming my way. I identified the C63 pre facelift fascia, had a black roof and the rest was silver, just as mine. I gave a comment to my wife saying "hey, it's my car's twin brother!" When it passed over, I saw the two exhaust pipes and the C300 badge in the back. I felt ashamed of myself, to not be able to identify a fellow C63 since the beginning. The car had the C63 bumper and even the hood...
Are you in Miami? I think I saw this car. It fooled me too
Old 11-10-2012, 07:27 PM

C63, C55 (Sold)
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Are you in Miami? I think I saw this car. It fooled me too
Yeah! The car was in the Dolphin mall yesterday...
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by LuisC55AMG
Yeah! The car was in the Dolphin mall yesterday...
Yes, I saw him few months ago in my rear mirror on McArthur. I slowed down and waited for him to pass him and it ended being a C300. I felt stupid lol. He also had custom rims I believe!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 PM

2011 C63
Get over yourselves... There are more important issues at hand in this f"ed up world we live in. Obviously some of our fellow 63 owners have insecurity issues. Take it from someone who defended this country in a time of war, be thankful what you have. The person who throws an AMG badge on a Mercedes that they worked hard for is there choice. They are excited they own a beautiful car. It's just showing pride. Move on.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by loshea
Get over yourselves... There are more important issues at hand in this f"ed up world we live in. Obviously some of our fellow 63 owners have insecurity issues. Take it from someone who defended this country in a time of war, be thankful what you have. The person who throws an AMG badge on a Mercedes that they worked hard for is there choice. They are excited they own a beautiful car. It's just showing pride. Move on.
Hell, if you're going to play that card, then just about everything else is inconsequential.

Last edited by CoolBDPhenom03; 11-11-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
These types of threads always have the same old responses over and over. You get the people who are proud of AMG cars and that the emblems should be preserved for AMG cars. You get the people who say it's THEIR car they should/ can do what they want. You get the people who say you should find better things to b---- about. Then you'll get some post about how they thought MB puts the badges on from the factory even on sport models that aren't true AMGs. Then you get people who say dealers promote the practice. Then the thread just dies.

IMO as long as there's no badge there's no problem with the proposed statement. No one is saying they own a C63 nor AMG- it's just bumpers.

Last edited by xxGenericSNxx; 11-11-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
These types of threads always have the same old responses over and over. You get the people who are proud of AMG cars and that the emblems should be preserved for AMG cars. You get the people who say it's THEIR car they should/ can do what they want. You get the people who say you should find better things to b---- about. Then you'll get some post about how they thought MB puts the badges on from the factory even on sport models that aren't true AMGs. Then you get people who say dealers promote the practice. Then the thread just dies.

IMO as long as there's no badge there's no problem with the proposed statement. No one is saying they own a C63 nor AMG- it's just bumpers.
You have summarized it nicely with all these types of threads!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Just to be clear the car does not have an AMG badge? I do not see the problem of modifications to another type of vehicle?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Right from what I gather the car is debadged.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by loshea
nice first post.

and since this is a CAR ENTHUSIAST forum and more specifically the C63 section... what else would we talk about? what i do find interesting is that you took the time to create an account just to post here... especially since there are more important issues at hand in the world

as for the main thread... all jokes aside. if the car is just debadged and the person is going just for the looks, imo that is fine. For posers who stick an AMG on it, that is where the line is drawn. By badging the car, you are explicitly saying you have something that you actually dont.

that being said, the mass majority of the public doesnt even know what is an AMG ... even amongst other mb owners. This argument and similar ones will like other members have hinted at... continue for all of eternity. however we should be thankful that MB is not going down the same path as BMW with their new 3 series. you can now buy a M package that makes your normal 3 series look like the M3 equivalent (complete with M door sils) ... talk about dilution of a brand.

Last edited by Fung63; 11-12-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
You can also get an m5 to play engine noise through the cars speakers! Un-plug the fuse in the trunk and magically the car doesnt make any noises..
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM

C63, C55 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
You can also get an m5 to play engine noise through the cars speakers! Un-plug the fuse in the trunk and magically the car doesnt make any noises..
LOL.... good one!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 AM

your mom
If someone spends all that time - effort and money in upgrading to new fenders / hood / grill / exhaust - rear diffuser on a regular C class and doesn't put any AMG badges, I'd say: Hats off to them.

Its a considerable amt of labor and money to go to the AMG look and after all that effort, it takes considerable amt of self perseverance to not put AMG badges.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 AM

C63
mods are mods ... some people want a more agressive look but don't need the performance ... for me i don't get spending all that money and the car not perform any better.... but really it's not like it lessens your car in any shape way or form ... so I guess i don't get the issue.

so wanting wide rear fenders makes me a poser because the BS has them ...
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

e36 318i, 2004 sti
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Right from what I gather the car is debadged.
LOL, This thread is lacking logic and common sense.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I find BMW's strategy very annoying as well. I sat in the 750i M Sport last year and was so surprised by how many M badges there were on the car, particularly the door sills and steering wheel. It felt too much to me. The new M535d or X5M50d is pretty ridiculous. When I saw the X5M50d earlier this year I didn't even know it existed and the badging on the back looks pretty ridiculous- I thought it was a fake!

But I fear AMG is going the same direction in the future by creating a more sporty car to go between the regular and AMG lines. I can't find the link but I remember reading on the forum how AMG is going to create a sportier C Class to sit between the regular line and the AMG. It's going to be like a C250 Sport Package Plus essentially- whether or not it's branded AMG on the back is unknown.

Originally Posted by Fung63
nice first post.

and since this is a CAR ENTHUSIAST forum and more specifically the C63 section... what else would we talk about? what i do find interesting is that you took the time to create an account just to post here... especially since there are more important issues at hand in the world

as for the main thread... all jokes aside. if the car is just debadged and the person is going just for the looks, imo that is fine. For posers who stick an AMG on it, that is where the line is drawn. By badging the car, you are explicitly saying you have something that you actually dont.

that being said, the mass majority of the public doesnt even know what is an AMG ... even amongst other mb owners. This argument and similar ones will like other members have hinted at... continue for all of eternity. however we should be thankful that MB is not going down the same path as BMW with their new 3 series. you can now buy a M package that makes your normal 3 series look like the M3 equivalent (complete with M door sils) ... talk about dilution of a brand.